The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Summer of SWTOR

BruceMaclean

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people going to be able to craft operations gear again.....terrible....

Because with Nightmare mode TFB they will introduce a further tier of gear, NMM S&V will include more of that gear.

The plan is that the very top tier cannot be reverse engineered, when a new tier is introduced the old one is made Reverse Engineerable.

EA, I actually don't want another tier of gear. I'm fine just working for 72 gear. Yes, you have 6-8 week update cadence that you have to meet, but that doesn't mean you need to release a new tier of every single time.

I'm always playing catch up.

Edited by Bugattiboy

Thanks for the insight. So possibly, we could see a type of moving design on the armor. Interesting.

By This time next year, we'll see outfits similar in visuals to characters wearing green screen suits and running My Little Pony.

Edited by Tatanka

apart from minor tweaks (like stunbreak abilities cooldown being reset on death in 2.2)

This is just stupid. Civil War side nodes we'll be uncappable. You killed the guy, you capping a node, your teammate CCed him when he came back on a speeder! You almost got it! JK Stun Breaker! Node uncapped. Enemy reinforcements arrives.

Also FIX GOSH DARN CAMERA WHICH MOVES TO A CHARACTER EVERY TIME YOU USE A SPEEDER ON CIVIL WAR.

you should look forward to Game Update 2.4. /rubshands

When?

Interesting, how many PvPers gonna leave game now? All of them? 70% ?

I think some PvPers will like this change although I can't say for sure. I quit that **** around the time augmented WH was the PvP BiS.

Edited by Bugattiboy

This is just stupid. Civil War side nodes we'll be uncappable. You killed the guy, you capping a node, your teammate CCed him when he came back on a speeder! You almost got it! JK Stun Breaker! Node uncapped. Enemy reinforcements arrives.

Also FIX GOSH DARN CAMERA WHICH MOVES TO A CHARACTER EVERY TIME YOU USE A SPEEDER ON CIVIL WAR.

When?

Soon.

Just because he didn't mention server transfers in this particular post, that does not mean it will not happen. He is mainly talking about content and as I see it, server transfers are a service they can/will provide. Don't jump the gun yet youngin.

I am probably older than you lol more to the point the transfers of my chars impact my pvp in swtor but atleast I can use my stun brake more often eh old un :)

Incredibly weak patch if that's all that's included in content patch 2.2. Subscribers are really getting spoiled. A new difficulty setting of a 9 month old Operation? Gee whiz, my subscriber dollars are sure being spent on 'ambitious' goodies.

So are we are now saying that adding one difficulty mode to an old Operation is considered a full content patch? 8 week content cycle and that's all we get? Every single content patch since they began last summer has been meatier. Good job the CM money is rolling in and we see the amazing benefits in content introduction.

...and to think many were angry at 2.1 lacking content...2.2 is hardly better content wise.

P.S. Excuse the sarcasm mixed with disappointment. I had few expectations for 2.2 but this announcement managed to disappoint even me :p

Bioware... I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that that is not ALL you have planned for 2.2 which was supposed to be huge. Because that is downright pathetic and laughable

2.3 better continue with the story because for a "story" based mmo, you seem to be losing to WoW and Blizzard, they've advanced a portion of the narrative with each and every patch. I FAIL to see how the Gree returning ties in with Makeb, the Hutts, the Isotope, and the conflict between the Republic and Empire.

And by story in flashpoints Bioware, I don't mean random stuff ala the Rakghoul plague you did with Kaon and LI, the flashpoints and dailies need to be RELEVANT to what we just did in Makeb.

Graphical updates. Again Bioware what are you doing? I want to see "Working on Hood Toggle"; "Working on different lekku models so twi'leks can wear hoods"; "Working on fixing ability delay"; "Working to help stabilize latency issues some seem to have,"; "Working on chat bubbles because it is embarrassing and shameful that it's not in the game cause we don't know how to make it work yet every other mmo in existence has. We need to get back our pride."

These are things I should be seeing, fixes to your ENGINE THAT IS BROKEN! Not graphical updates!

I am only here once again because there is nothing worthwhile atm, but I get to play FF:ARR next month, TESO in the Fall, and WildStar for the holidays. If you don't get your ***** together Bioware, you will lose. And I for one think you deserve it.

I might be missing something, but I doesn't look like 2.2 includes any subscriber-specific updates. I took a look at the list of features and tried to think of things that weren't listed and, by my count, the only things that can't be bought by preferred players--things that you have to subscribe for--are: chat, the ability to send credits, commendations cap (is that still the case?), the ability to be the leader of a subscriber guild, rest xp, customer service, a better rate for reverse engineering (20% vs 10%), the ability to send more than 3 companions on missions at a time, and the ability to queue things for your companion to craft. feel free to let me know if I'm missing something. That said, it is probably more cost effective in the short term to be a subscriber than pay for all of the subscriber benefits with cartel coins. At the same time though, it seems like being a subscriber is mostly for the convenience (run faster, level faster, not wait as long to reverse engineer, etc.) and cosmetics (hide head slot, unify colors, display title), while the CM has content (gear and items, section x and rothc--both of which can be bought separately if you aren't a suscriber, etc.). But maybe my perspective is a bit off; that's just how it seems to me at the moment.

Bioware... I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that that is not ALL you have planned for 2.2 which was supposed to be huge. Because that is downright pathetic and laughable

2.3 better continue with the story because for a "story" based mmo, you seem to be losing to WoW and Blizzard, they've advanced a portion of the narrative with each and every patch. I FAIL to see how the Gree returning ties in with Makeb, the Hutts, the Isotope, and the conflict between the Republic and Empire.

And by story in flashpoints Bioware, I don't mean random stuff ala the Rakghoul plague you did with Kaon and LI, the flashpoints and dailies need to be RELEVANT to what we just did in Makeb.

Graphical updates. Again Bioware what are you doing? I want to see "Working on Hood Toggle"; "Working on different lekku models so twi'leks can wear hoods"; "Working on fixing ability delay"; "Working to help stabilize latency issues some seem to have,"; "Working on chat bubbles because it is embarrassing and shameful that it's not in the game cause we don't know how to make it work yet every other mmo in existence has. We need to get back our pride."

These are things I should be seeing, fixes to your ENGINE THAT IS BROKEN! Not graphical updates!

I am only here once again because there is nothing worthwhile atm, but I get to play FF:ARR next month, TESO in the Fall, and WildStar for the holidays. If you don't get your ***** together Bioware, you will lose. And I for one think you deserve it.

Well said!

Agreed with everything you've said. Especially the part about WoW having more story recently...I love the approach Blizzard has taken with MoP by unveiling a little bit of the story with each patch and tying that into the new dailies areas (a new one with each update). It's genius. All of the zones in the game post-Cataclysm all tie into the overall storyline. I really enjoyed it.

Meanwhile all we've gotten out of BioWare since release is...Makeb which is essentially another generic planet with another generic story.

Wait...which one of these is the story-driven game? It will be funny when even Zenimax shows up BioWare on the story-telling front.

This is a very bittersweet moment, but I just cancelled my sub. I have been a loyal customer since the website arrived, been here since day 1, brought my entire wow guild over, spent hundreds on the CM, but it's clear Bioware doesn't value my sub.

I am primarily a PVP sub, the only reason I have stuck around despite the server merges, the exodus of last spring, losing all my names, and losing all my friends is because I truly love the PVP. PVP hasnt seen a single bit of attention since before f2p, even with an expansion (we didn't even get new valor ranks lol, 30 minutes of work), and now we are told to wait until basically october for what will likely be just one new warzone and some new copy/pasted pvp gear. Bioware needs to remember that ESO, EQN, GTA5, and new consoles are right around the corner so if they don't appreciate their customers, we will just find somewhere else to be. I never thought I'd ever leave swtor, but they obviously don't care about my PVP sub.

So yeah, even assuming 2.2 and 2.1 as one update, it's still worst(smallest) patch in SWTOR history.

1.1 Had new FP and rest of KP. Sure, KP was already under developement for some time, but even without it, there was new FP. And event, unless I'm mistaken.

1.2 Named after least interesting feature of it, legacy, also had new Ops, new FP and new WZ. One final gift to players from team before they got fired. Oh, it also had Black Hole as new dalies area.

1.3 Had group finder. Not much aside from that, but impact it made on game was big.

1.3.8 (unless I'm mistaken about date) New event. In minor patch. OK, let's acount it as part of 1.3, will make it look good.

1.4 Hey, another Ops! And some minor features that were actually usefull.

1.5 HK, new Dalies area, and nightmare mode. OK, not much, but something to do for everyone. And obviously, F2P, CM, and all dread that came with it.

1.6 New warzone and new space missions. Not huge update, but at least there was something new.

1.7 Gree event and reputation system. Again, not much, but at least something to do.

2.0 Makeb, ok, fine, big paid update, in works since forever. Moving on.

2.1 CM update.

2.2 Nightmare Mode(s) update.

2.3 FP, daliy area and event

So yeah, looking at that roadmap(which is good thing, by itself, regardless of it's contents) it seems like overall amount of new content is getting smaller and smaller with each passing update. If it keeps up, biggest feature of 3.0 will be new ops.

Wow, even the apologist aren't defending this one to the death.

They'll be here once they get over the shock themselves :)

It's the weakest content patch since the cycle began last July and if it launches with just the NiM TfB then few will be confident about the direction the game is heading.

2.0 being paid content (expansion);

2.1 having zero content;

2.2 having wafer thin content;

2.3 though, will be epic :p:p:p

If those are all the main features of 2.2, then it sounds like it should have been a minor patch (such as 2.1.2) and not one of the big game updates.

2.3 sounds awesome. I hope "New Flashpoints" means they're actually new and not just HM Collicoid or something. New daily area and new recurring event sound great. Hopefully this means the story beyond Makeb will continue.

2.4 will naturally be what I'm looking forward to the most. I'm guessing Season 1 of ranked and a new Warzone. Hopefully we can also get cross server queues for ranked too. This should have been sooner, but if it's fun content I wont complain.

I must say though, I think it's really strange how you guys skip over what people are requesting most. And why make that blog about the guild updates coming when all it is is a slight increase in rep and xp? I think a lot of people were at least expecting the little things that make a big impact like guild calendars and guild UI features. And I'm glad I dont run Ops because it looks like 2.5 will be the SOONEST time for an actual new one. I bet this causes us to lose some people...

Edited by Tommot