BioWare says no more open world PvP in the making ever !!

Lord_Karsk

"I felt paranoid as I ran around doing my quests, feeling utterly vulnerable to attack at any moment... and that is a great feeling. Makes boring dailies exciting."

See, this is what I don't get. I get the exact same feeling doing the GSI dailies ... except I almost never see anyone. I almost have to run through an Empire town to get attention. And I've only heard one story ever of any one getting a group together to go attack an enemy outpost. SWTOR has some world pvp hooks, and no one ever bothers with them. Hell, I've seen people complaining here every single time any new quest comes out that requires a player to enter a PvP area.

I do wish they'd bring back something like old Ilum, but I can totally see why they're saying no plans for more world pvp.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, I've seen people complaining here every single time any new quest comes out that requires a player to enter a PvP area.

It is only because BioWare is doing things wrong. They are mixing pve and pvp. If they would add true pvp quests to pvp areas, and no pve quests, no one (but the trolls) would complain. I would have no problem with that either, because i do not want to do pvp quests.

I feel for the pvp players, i really do! I wish BioWare would do a much better job at this, because what is right now, is not good for no one. Pve players are harassed if they dare to venture into a pvp area, to do pve! quests, and for normal minded pvp players that is no pvp at all either. So no one is getting what they wish for... :(

(I can hardly imagine normal minded pvp players want to hunt down undergeared, unskilled -in pvp skill- pve players, who does not want to fight at all. That's still not pvp.)

It is only because BioWare is doing things wrong. They are mixing pve and pvp. If they would add true pvp quests to pvp areas, and no pve quests, no one (but the trolls) would complain. I would have no problem with that either, because i do not want to do pvp quests.

I agree, separate PVE and PVP and there's really no reason to complain anymore.

Shame that there are no plans for open world PVP, since there was a lot of potential given the setting. Guess I'll just stick to PVE then, as instanced PVP gets boring for me very quickly.

Edited by Amaranth

PVP is dead in SWTOR, face it.

PVP servers are the least populated in the game. Jung-MA is a ghost town.

If you like PVP SWTOR isn't your game, plain and simple..

This, NADD to is down to standard even sundays. PvP have never had a future in SWTOR.

I have said it before and i will say it again.....

@EA No one @BioWare have hurt SWTOR more then the PvP developers and the direction you

have taken with PvP in SWTOR from launch.

Main reasons PvP have been a massive failure

1 Expertise

2 Ilum 1.1 and the destruction of the Republic faction

3 Bad class balance were the devs clearly favor certain classes

4 Almost a total lack of open world PvP and reason to PvP

5 Developers taking forever fixing simple class balance issue and lack of fixing bugs,ability delays,exploits.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

is it really surprising? this is what happens when you have the kind of budget SWTOR had but choose to use an unfinished $5 ghetto engine...

the reason there's no plans ATM in the future for it is simply because this garbage engine CANNOT SUPPORT open world pvp

is it really surprising? this is what happens when you have the kind of budget SWTOR had but choose to use an unfinished $5 ghetto engine...

the reason there's no plans ATM in the future for it is simply because this garbage engine CANNOT SUPPORT open world pvp

QFT. even if they wanted they are incapable (even if they were clever enough -what they aren't- there's no way this game if ever going to support large scale battles)

http://ootinicast.com/2013/05/correspondents-report-community-cantina-dallas/

There you have it folks,:( what other MMO makers can do easy BioWare can not do.

ROFL fail troll is fail. Please let me know what other MMO makers do open world pvp easy. I am dying to hear. GW2, Tera, Rift, Aion, LotR, etc. all have horrible world PvP. Funny thing is, GW2 was supposed to be mostly about pvp and it failed hard at it. ToR is mostly about PvE.

ROFL fail troll is fail. Please let me know what other MMO makers do open world pvp easy. I am dying to hear. GW2, Tera, Rift, Aion, LotR, etc. all have horrible world PvP. Funny thing is, GW2 was supposed to be mostly about pvp and it failed hard at it. ToR is mostly about PvE.

You'd think though, in a game called Star WARS they'd make sure the WAR part could happen.

that what i was thinking...maybe not the troll part but

I was just going through all the Mmo's i play and have tried and non have this magical open world PVp ..

especially not anything to brag about thats for sure. Some are a bit better then Swtors pvp but nothing i would consider ground shatteringly better.

I can say that too many PVP players in Swtor don't make it a very pleasurable experience for new players to want to get into PVp. I have seen on many occasions some very rude people insulting and demeaning players who are new to the PVp game and want to learn ..

I watched one guy just ask for some tips on how to play PVP and what is the best way to help as a new player. The roaring list of insulting remarks and other things i wont repeat were shocking to say the least. I friended him and tried to explain as best i could in a private chat..but he was finished with the experience and didn't want anything to do with that part of the Swtor community again. which is too bad..because there is a person that will tell a number of his friends about the ill treatment he received and will always have a bad taste about pvp.

if PVP players wanted PVp to flourish a lot more maybe a little less venom and a little more tolerance toward new players and mentoring them to help them enjoy the pvp game would go a long way. Not painting all PVP players with the same brush..but this certainly wasn't an isolated incident i witnessed either.

just my 2 cents.

Edited by CrazyCanukk

All they need to do to make world PvP a success is actually make it worthwhile. You don't even need daily quests and such. Kills just need to give valor, xp, credits, comms--SOMETHING. As it is, I gank a guy, all I get is "bragging rights." Not very rewarding.

Even better would be scaling rewards if you defeat a player of higher level or of higher valor. If a level 20 defeats a level 23, more rewards. If a valor 12 beats a valor 48, more rewards. With those kind of rewards, no more "line forming" at the gree event I can tell you that.

All they need to do to make world PvP a success is actually make it worthwhile. You don't even need daily quests and such. Kills just need to give valor, xp, credits, comms--SOMETHING. As it is, I gank a guy, all I get is "bragging rights." Not very rewarding.

Even better would be scaling rewards if you defeat a player of higher level or of higher valor. If a level 20 defeats a level 23, more rewards. If a valor 12 beats a valor 48, more rewards. With those kind of rewards, no more "line forming" at the gree event I can tell you that.

Well...i sense much evil in you, but i must agree with you. They should take out the pve stuff of pvp areas, so that pve players do not want to get in there, and they should give things like what you suggested, and the ones that truly wants to pvp would have some nice goals, thing worth to do.

BUT, i would add, that you get the exp money, etc. only, if you defeat the opponenet alone. So if you gang up on an opponenet, you would get (almost) nothing, because the unfairness. Its easy to defeat even a strong player outnumbered to 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, ect...

Its a good idea but would get exploited with people trading kills like on illum.

Restrict group size to 4 like they do on the Gree Event. Only people in your group get the rewards. So the most "kill trading" you do is 4 v 4, which if balanced correctly could be the same amount (or less) of rewards as a WZ for the time invested. Sounds legit to me, can't speak for everyone else though.

When I read the linked article, the sad thing is all the questions are cartel market, cosmetics and derivatives. Not a single question on new ops, new FPs etc.., We are getting what we deserved.

All they need to do to make world PvP a success is actually make it worthwhile.

So, wait, is the problem that there's no world pvp, or that you don't get anything for it? Because it seems like if people WANTED to do world pvp, there's nothing stopping them, and there are plenty of popular competitive games that don't give you any kind of tangible reward for winning.

Edited by ReverendAnderson

It actually said, they are thinking about something similar to the Gree event. I fear that means, more pve quests, to lure people in pvp areas... :(

SWTOR is a PvE game so Bioware can only to implement these pve quests.

Edited by VanderII

So, wait, is the problem that there's no world pvp, or that you don't get anything for it?

There are areas like the Outlaws Den, and the Ilum pvp area, but they are empty mostly, because the pvp players themselves do not care. In times like now, when some players are lured in with pve quests, there are only mostly gankers and griefers.

That is the sad truth.