Trouble with Taking on Toborro

johndoeb

I usually can not defeat Szajin wtihout a healer companion. And yes, Szajin has adds, he can super self heal AND he has a one shot. Also due to that teleport knockback he does your companion can sometimes get glitch stuck.

As for Toborro, I mentioned earlier in this thread that I have beaten him easily just by running circle and even using undergearerd dps companions.

Yes trashing Toborro's toy is like picking on the Eric Cartman of Huttlords and smashing his ridiculous Awesome-o pet. Hey, Toborro was certainly just as whiny and irrationally egotistical as Cartman.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually can not defeat Szajin wtihout a healer companion. And yes, Szajin has adds, he can super self heal AND he has a one shot. Also due to that teleport knockback he does your companion can sometimes get glitch stuck.

As for Toborro, I mentioned earlier in this thread that I have beaten him easily just by running circle and even using undergearerd dps companions.

Yes trashing Toborro's toy is like picking on the Eric Cartman of Huttlords and smashing his ridiculous Awesome-o pet. Hey, Toborro was certainly just as whiny and irrationally egotistical as Cartman.

Szajin is designed to require either a toon with off heals, or a healer comp.

That said, after 2.9 this will no longer be the case.

• 1 month later...

I did this as a trooper and found it WAY TO EASY. It's probaly harder for other classes since I just had to run around shooting it, avoid the one shot lazer and circles, and he only got me to half health.

Then again, at least it isn't the hell that was 'The Archon'.......*shivers*

• 1 month later...

This Toborro Glittering Fury mob is nigh on impossible.

Terrible design. It's a class mission and the damn thing one shots you.

No class mission should require party.

I've read this whole thread and simply do not believe it's possible to do what people said they did.

What difference does it make running through the mob or standing to its side? If you have hate, he's gonna turn and face you. Stupid mob.

Stupid chioce in his AI.

This Toborro Glittering Fury mob is nigh on impossible.

Terrible design. It's a class mission and the damn thing one shots you.

No class mission should require party.

I've read this whole thread and simply do not believe it's possible to do what people said they did.

What difference does it make running through the mob or standing to its side? If you have hate, he's gonna turn and face you. Stupid mob.

Stupid chioce in his AI.

You're supposed to go through him/ to its side every time the droid casts its laser. That's what kills you, and you dodge it by being behind the mob. It won't turn while casting the laser, so you'll be OK running through it in that moment. If you take too long, you'll be dead.

There's another solution if you are a distance class :

- grab a tank capable pet

- place yourself behind the standing flag at the right of the entrance

- let your pet aggro this droïd (the laser don't harm him/her)

- fire/cast at the place i've told you right before (you wil avoid the OS laser shot and the bomb drops)

If you are a melee, well, i don't have any clue ...

• 1 month later...
Let your companion do all the work. Your companion is immune to the laser that one shots you. After the first time it fires you can get behind the boss and engage. Just be careful to not get aggro back from your companion. As long as he/she maintains aggro you are good to go.

• 3 weeks later...
Think this is harder for ranged casters then instant melee persons.

As my shadow this was the easiest bossfight ever. Id just run in cirkles the entire time. when he does his laser? stand on his side. then start running in cirkles again.

I had my dps companion out and didnt die once.

Guess ranged classes should run around and use their instants as well.

Yep the easiest way is to get your dps ranged companion out and run in circles all the time (just be sure to get the robot's attention from time to time in order to keep your companion alive),

• 4 weeks later...
This doesn't work, he just aligns to face you, and you are slowed to a crawl half the time anyway.

The only way I've been able to avoid it so far is to do the Gunslinger/Sniper escape-roll out of the room, which just re-sets him.

No, it can't be interrupted, at least not anymore.

(As well, I'm not going to spam LFG!!111oneone in what's supposed to be a non-heroic, either. Have quite my fill of PUGs from warzoning, TYVM!)

E:

Line-of-sight him out that door, to the north of where Toborro's room is --you have more room to do so to your right as you face him --to your left won't break LoS, and will get you one-shotted-- and facing Toborro back through that door. You'll be at extreme range though. Do not go >35m when fighting him, as this is what re-sets him. Hell, he's too easy then. (I just dropped him in like 3 rotations in WH gear at level 55.) Dunno if that's bugged or intended, but I'll take what I can get.

Well it worked for my as a Jedi Consular. I ran tank mode, Nadia DPS'd, once he starts the cast he doesn't move if I recall. The thing is you have to be Johnny on the spot with the cast because it is a fast cast.

Well the problem with your

Please, if any developers care to read this, please have a word with yourselves. Most of us come here to have a enjoyable, fun and relaxing time. Yadda yadda yadda

Is that more than a few players find figuring stuff like that out fun. You seem to be projecting your taste, and maybe those of your friends and/or guildies on a majority of the player base.

Yeah I got one shot a couple times. I wasn't paying attention since I snoozed through most of it (BTW my first toon in this game, only geared in Story quest Comms and SM flashpoint gear) before this fight. When I actually had to worry about where I stood, had to <gasp> move and not just eat the hit with a healing companion or slam an interrupt, I was like "cool". Even then once I realized where to stand and the attack that had to be avoided, it was not less snooze worthy than anything that can before...it was a brief moment of what? Oh yeah, that's easy.

Edited by Ghisallo

Well the problem with your

Is that more than a few players find figuring stuff like that out fun. You seem to be projecting your taste, and maybe those of your friends and/or guildies on a majority of the player base.

To be fair, you're right. Having re-read my post, I can see I gave that impression and that's not my place to say. The overall game experience has to cater for a wide range of tastes and I'm no spokesman for the majority and it's arrogant of me to try to allude that I am. I guess I was annoyed by it and that overly colored my judgement. I would however say that the existence of this thread and a the posts within it do suggest that, while it might not be a majority view, it is at least a significant one.

Perhaps a better and more practical point would be: given the huge range of tastes the game has to satisfy, there are existing, well-used and clearly (and not so clearly) signposted areas of the game that are specifically for those that are looking for really challenging and group-required encounters. However, my objection remains that while I'm sure some value and enjoy it, I just think that it's in an inappropriate place.

Edited by Torque-mada

is not that hard actually. I was surprised at first when i insta died but in second fight i just step beside when it idid it and in 50 secs was down. I m in 56lvl. Dunno. It surprise you at first . Master Syo was trully challenge in front of that... Edited by Sotmax

I did this on a 55 sage last night. I let Qyzen tank him and I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off avoiding ground AoE and keeping my companion healed. Try it with a tank companion if you have one that is even remotely geared. My Qyzen is only in like level 50 gear and I 1-shot it.

I did this on a 55 sage last night. I let Qyzen tank him and I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off avoiding ground AoE and keeping my companion healed. Try it with a tank companion if you have one that is even remotely geared. My Qyzen is only in like level 50 gear and I 1-shot it.

You just need to step beside when instant beam starts. Then you ll take it out in no time...

• 2 weeks later...
I am trying to solo Taking on Toborro on the planet Meceb. I have finished all of the steps for this mission except defeating Toborro's Glittering Fury. I last about 5 seconds then I die. My question is if this mission can be done solo how can it be done. I am a level 54 Vanguard Trooper.

I have had the same problem. I did it no problem on my Shadow, but I died 6 times on my sentinel before I pulled T7 out on guard mode. The boss focused on t7 and I could kill him. Apparently when the ohko attack is focused on you, you can't dodge it fast, but if he's focusing on your companion, you can run just fine. Also that attack went off 3 times during the fight and T7 didn't die. So maybe guard comps can't die from it. It worked for me at least.