Trouble with Taking on Toborro

johndoeb

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm playing this right now with my 55 jedi sentinel I got behind the bot before it fired and I still died this is insane something needs to be changed

It's fine as is, just move at the last possible second. If you do it too early he will spin and hit you.

• 3 weeks later...
Since I gave this such a kicking the first time I tried it with my first toon (Gunslinger), I reckon needed to come back here and finish my slice of humble pie. Just completed this with my Commando with Healer, using the famous running-around-it-in-circles-firing-wildly-technique. 'Worked like a charm. What made me LOL was that after last time, I was all ready for a session of repeatedly dying followed by the let-the-tank-hit-it-while-running-away-and-healing-technique but the bot actually went down quite nicely. Edited by Torque-mada

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Then I hate to see you try and finish Makeb as an Imp. A thousand Galactic credits say you kick in your computer monitor and throw your CPU out the window.

I'm sorry but as a Jedi who keeps getting killed and slaughtered by this thing, and the fact I completed all the quests on my Imperial. I have to say, your talking out of your rear, and you're being incredibly rude to people who are simply stating how hard they are finding this boss.

The other poster is right your being extremely condecending for no good reason. I beat all the bosses on Sith no trouble, and quite frankly your full of it. Stop flaming people on the forum and try to post something useful for a change.

I always thought bosses with one-hit KO moves were for optional bosses and side quests.

Putting them on story missions is a bit too hardcore for me lol.

I like to rush in and slash things to pieces, I'm not good at dodging attacks and hopping around.

It's just not my play style ;)

There's a lot of good suggestions here. I'm going to try them all and let you guys know what works.

BIG EDIT: FULL PROOF GUIDE

Using Healer

1. Turn off your healers attacks except heals

2. Send you companion in FIRST via attack hotkey! Make sure your at the other side of room. Vital!

3. Wait a few seconds for your companion to take agro.

4. Walk to boss (don't force leap) walk around him, and then underneath.

5. Use right click only DONT USE SKILLS

6. Your companion will use basic attack and heals only, keeping himself alive and he's immune to blast ray of death. Stay under the monster near the back and whack away with right mouse button. His red circles are nothing to worry about as they do barely any damage. Do not move! If the monster moves because your companion has been thrown adjust yourself accordingly.

7. Within 2-3 Minutes the boss should die. Job done.

Edited by AstralAce
Additional Info

• 2 weeks later...

after a few deaths as a healer sage with nadia dps'ing i tried this which worked.

run in close as mentioned and stay to his side or back.when he casts the red ground mark appears so start running to a clear spot with no mark.for the gravity slow down, cast force speed if needed to get clear. I let nadia attack him and didnt really worry about healing her as she took little damage. my trick while running...use weaken mind as you run around. it took 900 hp off him each time and has a fast cooldown . so just run around avoiding his missile ground red marks and spam WMind he die in a minute.

I am trying to solo Taking on Toborro on the planet Meceb. I have finished all of the steps for this mission except defeating Toborro's Glittering Fury. I last about 5 seconds then I die. My question is if this mission can be done solo how can it be done. I am a level 54 Vanguard Trooper.

I successfully used my healer and stayed out of the fight all together till there was literally about 100 pts left on the robot....I felt like a chicken Sh*t, but it worked, hugged the back wall and avoided the missles...good luck

Edited by KorribanJedi

I'm sorry but as a Jedi who keeps getting killed and slaughtered by this thing, and the fact I completed all the quests on my Imperial. I have to say, your talking out of your rear, and you're being incredibly rude to people who are simply stating how hard they are finding this boss.

The other poster is right your being extremely condecending for no good reason. I beat all the bosses on Sith no trouble, and quite frankly your full of it. Stop flaming people on the forum and try to post something useful for a change.

I always thought bosses with one-hit KO moves were for optional bosses and side quests.

Putting them on story missions is a bit too hardcore for me lol.

I like to rush in and slash things to pieces, I'm not good at dodging attacks and hopping around.

It's just not my play style ;)

There's a lot of good suggestions here. I'm going to try them all and let you guys know what works.

BIG EDIT: FULL PROOF GUIDE

Using Healer

1. Turn off your healers attacks except heals

2. Send you companion in FIRST via attack hotkey! Make sure your at the other side of room. Vital!

3. Wait a few seconds for your companion to take agro.

4. Walk to boss (don't force leap) walk around him, and then underneath.

5. Use right click only DONT USE SKILLS

6. Your companion will use basic attack and heals only, keeping himself alive and he's immune to blast ray of death. Stay under the monster near the back and whack away with right mouse button. His red circles are nothing to worry about as they do barely any damage. Do not move! If the monster moves because your companion has been thrown adjust yourself accordingly.

7. Within 2-3 Minutes the boss should die. Job done.

This works, it is what I had to do...so crazy.

My Jedi Guardian had some trouble with this too, but after a few deaths I managed to pull it off. Full close combat, ran through the droid when he did the death ray and then he just went down before trying the ray again.

May the Force help you if you're too slow in moving though - you have to move as soon as he starts the cast and that slowing effect doesn't exactly help.

<<The other poster is right your being extremely condecending for no good reason. I beat all the bosses on Sith no trouble, and quite frankly your full of it. >>

you are doing the same thing you accuse the other poster of doing.

Frankly, I found the IMP side much harder than the pub side of makeb - but not the last boss. I found the prototype -isotype droid fight on the Imperial side <the one inside the volcano lava area> the most dreadful fight I had yet encountered at the time. Mostly because of running around clicking on things while trying not to die while being shot off said things and falling..... :-(

The point is, different people find different types of fight more difficult than others - each person has their own strengths and weaknesses, so let's not be condescending towards anyone.

Frankly, I found the IMP side much harder than the pub side of makeb - but not the last boss. I found the prototype -isotype droid fight on the Imperial side <the one inside the volcano lava area> the most dreadful fight I had yet encountered at the time. Mostly because of running around clicking on things while trying not to die while being shot off said things and falling..... :-(

The point is, different people find different types of fight more difficult than others - each person has their own strengths and weaknesses, so let's not be condescending towards anyone.

The Imp Cave droid is easy once you figure out the AoE timing. Basically whenever I get near the next panel to click I move away so that the AoE plants away from it and then as soon as the AoE is planted I move to the panel and click it. It's the same mechanic seen in a bunch of Ops (you see it a lot on Tyrans).

Edited by AshlaBoga

• 3 weeks later...
Its really easy with jedi sentinal and takes about 2 mins max and hardly get hit, just zoom out camera away from char so you can see where its focussing its attacks, then send your companion in to attack I used hk51 and use your jump moves and sabre throws until its almost dead then get in close to its side or rear, just stay out of his target areas, really easy got a small hit and that was it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you mean the droid at the end of the Makeb storyline,( my memory for names is lousy), the the way I found to kill him was to stand underneath him and as the poster above said, avoid when he casts his one shot insta death cast. If you get under his rear end that seems to be safest. Doing that makes him easy..

I just got under it and kept moving around back and forth staying directly under the droid. Worked well for me.

If you mean the droid at the end of the Makeb storyline,( my memory for names is lousy), the the way I found to kill him was to stand underneath him and as the poster above said, avoid when he casts his one shot insta death cast. If you get under his rear end that seems to be safest. Doing that makes him easy..

Thx bro:P

• 3 months later...