Moving on! What new companion would you like.

Ok, I'm as annoyed as the rest of you - but It's Friday so would be nice to lighten the mood.

I've been thinking about this for a bit - imagine you could choose one new companion of each of your alts, what would it be?

I'm not suggesting something crazy, but from the in-game choices.

For example, on my Shadow I'd like a Jolee Bindu-style grey Jedi Master. I like playing two jedi at once, and its always annoyed me that Nadia is a Shadow too, and also an eternal Padawan. Would be good to have two Jedi masters fighting at once, single and double sabres flashing away. Plus, Bindu was cool.

On my smuggler I'd like a hard-bitten Togruta gunslinger. Always think the crew should be as exotic as possible and it would complement my scoundrel's fist and pistol whipping style.

Purely speculative and just for fun.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The current companions are interesting. If they're going to invest effort into companions what I'd really like to see, instead of a new one, is the ability to change the role of any companion.

For example, as a Jedi Consular, I'd really like to hang out more with Nadia. However, as a Sage healer, I sort of need to hang out with Qyzen. Qyzen sucks. Nadia is fun. Make it so I can make Nadia a tank.

OTOH, as a Shadow tank, I sort of need Theran. Theran's OK, but he grinds on my nerves after a while and I just want to stab him. If you made it so I could make Nadia a healer, I would have a much more pleasant gaming experience.

Do that across the board for all companions on all classes and that would do far more for my enjoyment of the game than any new companion.

I'd love to get a Jawa companion, without having to be a bounty hunter.

I'd kill for the ability to swap two companions on my legacy roster, once I got them both unlocked with finishing the companion stories.

(the wookiee thing would go the way of the dodo instantly and got replaced by any other companion, even if it were an inanimate steel bolt)

I'd like companion deaths to be integrated again along with whichever new companion they introduce.

In other words, after killing one of your current companions (Vette, for instance) you would automatically unlock a quest chain that would lead you to this new companion.

Was that clear? I feel like that sentence was kind of garbled.

Edited by Machine-Elf

I just want a chiss companion. Preferrably someone a little dark but disciplined, a soldier from CEDF would do nicely. Bonus points if he/she would be good-looking and a romance option, but I can deal without. I just really would like to have a chiss companion.

Lord Cytharat, mmm.

An ex-II Minder or Watcher to work for my Sorcerer for the purposes of information gathering inside the Empire in case of dissent and up-start little Sith who think they can take on an ex-slave. Oh, or I break an SIS Agent into working for me and gathering information on the Republic.

The thing I want most regarding companions is more material with our current comps.

Hmm... but if it has to be a new one.... Then I would like to have a Bounty Hunter comp because Akaavi is my favorite dps-comp. She is just wonderful. Heavy armor, melee jumping around killing all the things. Could be fun to see how it would work out on the rep-side as well.

The thing I want most regarding companions is more material with our current comps.

Agreed! We need an expansion that is SWTOR: Companions. Add in a new one or two. BUT, it would be more important to me to have a LOT of new dialog/quests (like at least what we had in the base game). WORST case at least do that for our love interest. I'd also like Kira (my wife and a full Jedi Knight) to stop talking to me like she is a Padawan and the same for other companions.

I'd like to see questlines like Mass Effect 2's loyalty quests. A 1-2 hour EACH quest where it is you and your comp delving into something specific for them.

As for new companions:

I want an Ortolan!

http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/6035.jpg

I'd also like a Jedi Sage (that can be toggled healer or dps with project, disturbance, and tk throw). Human would be fine, or a Miraluka (with a simple white sash to cover the eyes).

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/046/d/5/miraluka_jedi_by_elfguy-d2zzng8.jpg

or

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/6d9f0438-598d-46ea-86ff-01648c6a77d0/d3dkyk2-cc844804-418c-4a54-afc9-ffd9b1a4dc6b.png/v1/fill/w_900,h_626,q_80,strp/di_rebsky_miraluka_by_mtrout65_d3dkyk2-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.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.co5WJNJdP8x3T0MK4Hcs5h3-P0xxCeD7xINI6qlUNb4

or

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/ff331c71-116a-424f-8bd7-bfde5ef002c5/d2dhut1-fc1e1810-1342-4173-9ddd-72ece39cb7df.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZmMzMxYzcxLTExNmEtNDI0Zi04YmQ3LWJmZGU1ZWYwMDJjNVwvZDJkaHV0MS1mYzFlMTgxMC0xMzQyLTQxNzMtOWRkZC03MmVjZTM5Y2I3ZGYuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.QPoCSu4S_5Oy0WAlkpbktslcoyBFvfOjg4l0RKSCgNc

Edited by JediCahlwyn

I agree with DarthTHC. I wish I could make Aric Jorgan a healer so I don't have to take Elara Dorne everywhere. Nothing personal. I'm a female player and would rather have a male companion. Switching out roles or companion respecs would be fantastic so that we can take along the companion that we like.

Respeccing companions - now that's a good idea. I could get behind that.

I'd instantly change T7 to ranged blaster - irritates the life out of me when he rocket jumps into battle and steals aggro. I'm the tank, little guy.

Would still like to see a Togruta in a cowboy hat with double blasters, though. Their gravelly voices are soooo Clint Eastwood. :D

Edited by UltimateKrucible

There are two problems with companions for me:

Every character has only one healing companion. If you don't like your healing companion, you have no choice - you have to use him or her.

Too many male companions!

Solution: a new female healing companion (with a lot of customizations to be gained by quests! Not the Cartel Market!).

I want G0-T0.

Oh, and of course G0-T0. The best in the Old Republic. (Of course he was not made by BioWare. He is to awsome to be made by BioWare.)

Edited by discbox

There are two problems with companions for me:

Every character has only one healing companion. If you don't like your healing companion, you have no choice - you have to use him or her.

Too many male companions!

Solution: a new female healing companion (with a lot of customizations to be gained by quests! Not the Cartel Market!).

Oh, and of course G0-T0. The best in the Old Republic. (Of course he was not made by BioWare. He is to awsome to be made by BioWare.)

This is a good point - its a bit of a jockfest unless you roll a female toon. What species of female are we talking about, though - and for which class?

Who's G0-T0? I played the Kotor Games but don't remember him.

I'd like companion deaths to be integrated again along with whichever new companion they introduce.

In other words, after killing one of your current companions (Vette, for instance) you would automatically unlock a quest chain that would lead you to this new companion.

Was that clear? I feel like that sentence was kind of garbled.

That's actually a cool idea.

I would love to see us have some meaningful choices when it comes to companions in terms of being able to kill a few. *cough* Skadge *cough* In other words, meet a new potential companion, major game choice - who dies and who lives (or who has to go away), dun dun dun. That way you could end up with a crew that is different than every other person in your class, one that fits *your* character a bit better.

As for who? Oh man, there are so many cool npcs in this game that I would LOVE to see as companions. (You can check out a long running thread in the Story and Lore forum for more ideas: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=168471) A lot of the ones on this list you could have chosen to kill or play a major part in the class line, so I'm spoilering it:

- Thana Vesh (imp)

- Captain Brion (pub)

- Lord Praven (JK)

- Watcher 2 (IA)

- Aristoca Saganu (IA)

- Watcher X (IA)

- Jonas Balkar (TRP)

- Fuse (TRP)

- Hallow Voice (JC)

- Crysta Markon (BH)

Edited by iamthehoyden

I'd actually like to see animal companions, melee tank/dps of course. Would also greatly reduce the need (and developer time) for new conversations. :p

Havoc squad could use a Jedi. So could my Smuggler (no offence Guss but your "Jedi Power" is getting a bit played out).

I'd rather see current companions become even more customizable.

Add a role slot to each companion. Speaking from a trooper point of view, I'd like to have Yuun be my healer, Dorne become a dual pistol DPS like Vette, have Vik be the assault cannon guy, and turn 4X into a proper ranged DPS. As a vanguard tank, I think it's a real shame that 4X amend Vik never see the light of day on my adventures.

Here's what I want:

The legacy family tree intergrates a system that allows your own toons to develop companion relationships with one another.

In other words, I want a quest chain (with traditional storytelling) that allows my sith sorceror to meet and interact with my juggernaut... allowing the jugg to become a companion when I play the sorc, and vice versa, where the sorc can be my companion when I'm playing my jugg.

It would be so awesome to see class stories expanded this fashion...a plotline devoted exclusively to my sorc and jugg becoming friends/allies. I guess there are too many class combinations though for it to be doable..

Edited by Hebruixe
clarification