My thoughts (adult)

Odinswill

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple. It's simply not fair that anyone who has purchased the game for pre-release starts earliar/later than another. We all have payed to be the start of something, we all start on equal terms, that is one of the top reasons people like starts of new games.

You realize that when you preordered they had already announced that early game access was going to be staggered based on preorder date right?

I for one 100% agree with OP, I have helped these guys test for months. I pre-ordered and took the time off work to play.

I had no idea till late yesterday early this morning that there would be waves that went out and that I wouldn't be in one of those waves.

This is a TERRIBLE launch, you guys have the luxury of going after and learning from those before you. You seem to know nothing about what game launches and racing to server first means to some people.

You have whole guilds that will likely break apart just due to the fact you threw some off the same pace as others. You have made server firsts pointless because there is no level playing field.

To top off that epic failure, you have had terrible communication and support to those who are paying for your game. The early adopters and pre-order folks are the type you want to keep happy not the ones you want to piss off.

My two cents.

Exactly.

To be honest, the way they did this launch was so terrible, that after my 30 day sub is up, I'll head back to WoW and wait for diablo 3

Its pretty pathetic that you are making a decision based on a bonus that the company is giving everyone. It might be better for BW if you do go back.

OK, I ignored most of the rest of this thread, but this is too stupid to ignore. When you buy a game at Gamestop, it is the game developer that gets your money. Yes, Gamestop marks up the price to cover their overhead and make a profit, but to say that Bioware isn't making any money on a box sale is so ******** that even Sarah Palin would allow me to use the word (although apparently the forum filter won't).

Actually there is a valid point in the post you've replied to. In UK law at least, your contract is with the seller, not with the manufacturer, not with the supplier, not with the designer and not with the importer. All legal responsibilities for your purchase lie with the person you purchase from.

Now given the subscription you could argue the game is a service, and it's pretty obvious that the service part of the contract would lie with BW...

Aloha fellow forum readers,

Well, I took the afternoon off, and tomorrow off. I now realise that theres no need as I pre-ordered November.

I have assisted in many launches of MMORPG's. This has got to be the most unpleasant experience upto now.

I mean, in the stress test, in beta, this should of all been "tested", this should NOT be happenning now, unless all progression is erased on the 20th. Why? Simple. It's simply not fair that anyone who has purchased the game for pre-release starts earliar/later than another. We all have payed to be the start of something, we all start on equal terms, that is one of the top reasons people like starts of new games.

There is absolutly no reason for the editors to be doing this strategy on top of the fact of keeping us in the dark. All tests have been done, no valide reason.

I simply do not understand the reasons of acting this way, towards fellow suscribers. If they had explainned this with only 5% of the thought that was put into their "conditions of acceptations" (them agreements we all tick to suscribe) then I honestly couldn't give a rats behind. But no they explainned nothing. The fact that they change things, the fact that they do things without a care in the world may just be a preview of how they will be all the time. I honestly hope not as it will drive this potential fairly descent game in a thick brick wall.

Think of the hundreds of thousands of human beings that have organised their week for this game. If these people where taken for gullable fools for other matters in the world, such as things that where modified last minute, for paying customers for any product that adults buy, I can assure you, alot of lawyers would be taking these game editors and their compagnies to court.

All though they have protected themselves through all their wall fo text we all click "I agree" too, it all means nothing in the eyes of the law. As this enters the "scam" area. Nothing applys to their "conditions".

All though this is just a game, it is still a scam for changing things without notifieing paying customers is simply against any ethic, any code of conduct for retailers. No matter what rights they think they have, this is completely wrong.

I strongly suggest that they start openning up to simply explain themselves for the reason they are doing these "waves", when the beta stress test has already occured. Why are they being so quite about things, simply let us know what is going on with our own pre-order dates.

P.S sorry for any errors in this wall of text, I am not from England.

Going to start off with a few things. The per-orders say "up to 5 days". You knew well in advance this. Add onto this the original pre release period was the 15th. Add onto this they made very clear about the stagered waves, that had been mentioned before and news was all about all over the place, when they announced the 13th.

Yet having all this knowledge, you chose to take the 13th and the 14th off. You chose this not knowing when your wave would be called. You chose this knowing they were going to do it by date of pre-order redemption. You chose this knowing your pre-order date was in November, which was no where close to the date pre-orders opened. Note: I too pre-ordered in November.

So you blame them for your irresponsible choices. This is not what a adult does. This is what kids do.

The stress tests? Yeah they gave them a baseline for how quickly they could let people in, the ammount of resources they needed to ensure people would get to play, the number of servers ect. In no way shape or form did that guarentee anything. Their stated goal was for a smooth launch. They stated their plan for how they meant to accomplish that. This plan included first come first serve wave invites to early access which they were adding two extra days to.

You are not acting like a adult. You are acting like a child.

Also I call bs on your whole line about assisting with the launch of many MMO's. Thats just laughable.

I know this will get buried quickly but these are my thoughts...

#1. You were aware of the fact many retailers had difficulties getting their customers the pre-order codes required for early access.

- EB Games Canada not having the code cards because their head office was PRINTING THEM the first day we could pre-order

- Best Buy screwing up

- People not getting the E-Mail from Amazon

#2. You did stress tests for a reason... so why do I feel as though we are testing your servers for you yet again?

- Maybe you should have allowed more people into the Beta sooner... just a thought. Having a 2008 account with a CE ordered and having been signed up for Beta from the start I didn't get into the Beta at all with this main account... I had to use a key I found on a third party website that then gave me access to a Beta weekend. Thanks for taking care of your fans before tossing XXXXXXXXX amount of keys all over the web. / sarcasm

#3. I was fine with the whole "Waves" idea until you stopped.

- Letting people into the game in waves can be acceptable... but I somewhat figured you guys would be doing the waves 24 / 7 until everyone had access.

#4. Because of your system I am now going to be far behind my friends and will have to play with random strangers as I level up. Thanks... thanks a lot. Just what I enjoy doing in an MMO... not playing with my friends.

---------------------

While it's far from the end of the world I do feel robbed of game time. I pre-ordered the first day we could and because I couldn't get my pre-order code on time so I'm left waiting to gain access. I call unfair on that... and I bet you I am not the only one thinking this way.

Long story short your pre-order system was borked a long time ago... the community made it very clear we were having issues getting our codes... yet you did nothing and continued on as planned.

Did the community manager even bring up all the pre-order issues to his superiors? It doesn't look like it at this rate.

Europe has a Constitution? Some genuine law dogs here. Rofl.

Most of the laws that apply in this situation in my neck of the woods at least come from the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982... to us Brits the European Constitution is just a headache! :p

I lol at the idiots that preordered to get "UP TO" 7 days of play time and thought they WOULD get all of it even though it sayd UP TO. Its like the idiots that come into were i work were our sales say you get UP TO 25% off and they are pissed becuase something is 10%. Then you have to more or less hold their hand and say "oh im so so sorry if you look it says in big letters UP TO!!"

As of 2 days ago they were still taking pre-orders while advertising 'up to 7 days' of early access. Why would they advertise that knowing that those people had no chance in hell of getting in 7 days early? Should have advertised 1-2 or 3 or whatever days early instead.

You will on 12/20. This is like a soft opening, think beta 2.0 only you get to keep your toon.

Not true mate, this is the opening, almost all people that will play this game have pre-ordered so the later you get to play the later your access is. Which is in my opinion, late access and not early.

As of 2 days ago they were still taking pre-orders while advertising 'up to 7 days' of early access. Why would they advertise that knowing that those people had no chance in hell of getting in 7 days early? Should have advertised 1-2 or 3 or whatever days early instead.

Apparently some people who just preordered DID get in.... SO I'd say it's an accurate statement.

I'd guess this might be the only basis for a valid argument in this case, you could argue a breach of description (ie: no actual chance of achieving said amount of time after a certain period) or even just misrepresentation (misleading advertising).

EDIT: Having said that, what would you be looking for in such a circumstance? Breach of contract for consumers usually just means a refund... you couldn't even really argue consquential losses unless you could actually demonstrate you've incurred financial losses directly resulting from the breach. So it's all just posturing.

Edited by DarthSeer

Aloha fellow forum readers,

Well, I took the afternoon off, and tomorrow off. I now realise that theres no need as I pre-ordered November.

I have assisted in many launches of MMORPG's. This has got to be the most unpleasant experience upto now.

I mean, in the stress test, in beta, this should of all been "tested", this should NOT be happenning now, unless all progression is erased on the 20th. Why? Simple. It's simply not fair that anyone who has purchased the game for pre-release starts earliar/later than another. We all have payed to be the start of something, we all start on equal terms, that is one of the top reasons people like starts of new games.

There is absolutly no reason for the editors to be doing this strategy on top of the fact of keeping us in the dark. All tests have been done, no valide reason.

I simply do not understand the reasons of acting this way, towards fellow suscribers. If they had explainned this with only 5% of the thought that was put into their "conditions of acceptations" (them agreements we all tick to suscribe) then I honestly couldn't give a rats behind. But no they explainned nothing. The fact that they change things, the fact that they do things without a care in the world may just be a preview of how they will be all the time. I honestly hope not as it will drive this potential fairly descent game in a thick brick wall.

Think of the hundreds of thousands of human beings that have organised their week for this game. If these people where taken for gullable fools for other matters in the world, such as things that where modified last minute, for paying customers for any product that adults buy, I can assure you, alot of lawyers would be taking these game editors and their compagnies to court.

All though they have protected themselves through all their wall fo text we all click "I agree" too, it all means nothing in the eyes of the law. As this enters the "scam" area. Nothing applys to their "conditions".

All though this is just a game, it is still a scam for changing things without notifieing paying customers is simply against any ethic, any code of conduct for retailers. No matter what rights they think they have, this is completely wrong.

I strongly suggest that they start openning up to simply explain themselves for the reason they are doing these "waves", when the beta stress test has already occured. Why are they being so quite about things, simply let us know what is going on with our own pre-order dates.

P.S sorry for any errors in this wall of text, I am not from England.

the Rules for EGA have been listed since july so not reading them is your own fault. They said it would come in waves over the days and you "COULD" get "UPTO" 5 days reading and understanding are very important things as an adult.

The entitlement on here is amazing. Only so many people were getting in. If you didnt get in, thats because there were many others who got off their butt and pre ordered first.

I didnt see the comic con announcement. I was at work, away from a pc, when i got an email about pre orders. I ordered at amazon from my phone instantly and put my code in. You cant blame anyone but yourself. I took today off as a gamble. I didnt know if i was getting in or not. If you didnt pre order day one, why are you mad for not getting in day one?

I don't want to be a bugger of any sort, but it's clearly that this is how it will always happen and how it has always happened within this kind of industries. And I mean gaming industries.

As roughly as it may sound, Bioware doesn't ''OWE" anything to any of us. It's pathetic but it's the truth.

Consider the fact there are a lot of ppl out there which pre-ordered the game and cancelled their pre-order and still, they are enlisted and eligible to play in the early access launch. A lot of them prolly, are here on the forums crying out loud, naming and shaming when they don't even have the intention to buy the final product.

It's all about marketing and ... marketing.

The only aspect where Bioware failed was indeed the CLEAR LACK OF COMMUNICATION TOWARDS it's currentl/future customers. Without communication chaos rises. Simple as that.

You can't do anything. You won't ''WIN'' this war neither in court, nor anywhere.

They've stated it clearly: You can play UP (see how I stress UP) to 5 days earlier.

So there you go.

Patience is your only friend right now or Skyrim!

Quick points,

1) its 2011, don't buy physical copy of the game... buy them online so you don't have to deal with the useless retailer

2) its only fair SWTOR reward "Fans"... ie those ppl who pre-ordered EARLY

3) why would you take days off work when you are not GUARANTEED to start playing today? This is not the behaviour of an adult.

4) I work in IT, I know how though it is to have a smooth release dealing with load/stress problem on the server... how hard is it for you to understand they want to pace players in various level zones in "waves"... as opposed to just open the floodgate and let 5000 level 1 in the same newbie zone at once.

Go to the gym or steam some TV shows... you'll get your turn soon... I pre-ordered late as well but I'm not in a hurry.

At the end of the day. This launch, no matter which side you are on, when ever anyone talks about it, in game, at the pub, at game conventions, it will always be a huge failure for the 95% who feel they have been let down. And it will be hard to earn that trust back.

We all know that bad news sells better than good news.

The fact that one mentionned about when an area gets crowded a new instance is made to stabalise things, plus of course the stress test, should normally be enough to hold the amount of gamers ready to play over 24 hours, launching by the number of buyers divided by 24, launched in waves of 1 hour apart any day.

The fact that this game has been wokred on for so long, could at least organise for people to do some night shifts in order to carry on these waves, and the security of the game and its servers.

It's like buying 80'000'000$ worth of shares, and after 6 hours of working, everyone go's home not giving a damn about how it go's. No one in his right mind on this planet would do that, yet this is how they are treating alot of customers. Getting the deposites confirmed then changing the rules as it's their rights, without any notification.

They may not have the physical 80million$ or whatever 10's of millions they will rake in, but the fact that they will get it, and just going home after 6 hours of waves, as after that they are tired and wont do any more, (or for what ever reason they deem fit) is just wrong for any paying customer in any product that is bought.