Good everyone, let the hate flow through you...

Aziran

If you don't like paying Cartel Coins for cosmetic stuff, then don't let the door hit you on the way out. Truthfully, you should have unsubbed when the game went F2P and they made it abundantly clear....repeatedly....that cosmetic stuff would go through the CM and playable content would not. That's exactly what they have done ever since.

I'm not sure why people are drawing a line in the sand and getting in a huff over paying Cartel Coins for the appearance changer or Cathar or dye kits. If you are diametrically opposed to this, then you should have been gone a long time ago. This stuff was announced in advance too, so not sure why people were acting so surprised yesterday. I saw dozens of people signing on within minutes of 2.1 being launched and asking in general chat about whether we had to pay for appearance changes and/or Cathar. How does someone know exactly when 2.1 was hitting and what was included in it but not know that there are Cartel Coin charges for that stuff? It was discussed in all the announcements and all over the forums in the weeks leading up to 2.1. If you read enough stuff to know what was in 2.1 and when it was launching, then you read enough to know there were some sort of charges for that stuff.

QFT

But how dare you use fact and logic on the hater crowd. They will not let go of their anger so easily because after all, it's righteous anger (or so they feel).

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If only they knew the power of the unsub button!

They would, if people unsubbed rather than just talking about how dissatisfied they are.

But sir, the odds of successfully avoiding the Cartel Market are approximately 3720 to 1!

I know you're just trying to make a joke, but avoiding the CM is absolutely guaranteed (for subs).

Edited by branmakmuffin

It's extremely difficult to argue whether or not Bioware/EA (EAware) is crossing the line with any of the cartel market changes, the reason being is that the line is different for each and every person. I think it would be easier to argue that EAware is starting to get into some pretty shady practices now that they have realized that the market is making the shareholders eyes sparkle.

There's so much feedback from the player base in regards to the changes and while most times negative rants on the forums are ignored by a lot of people (let's face it, saying there are negative posts on a forum is like saying water is wet) perhaps we shouldn't be so quick to discount what people are saying.

EAware is definitely on a slippery slope here. They are trying to balance being profitable with the CM and keeping players/subscribers happy. I think most of the outrage from this patch stems from the fact that a lot of these changes are seen as tipping the balance in favor of the CM and away from keeping the players happy and I, like many I assume, fear that it may be an indication of how they will continue to evolve the game. Perhaps that fear is unjustified (many would argue it is) but the fear is there none the less, and this fear can rot your subscriber base from within if they let it.

I'm not saying EAware should bow down to the subscribers and take everything they say as the holy grail of what they should do. I am however saying that people are not happy, the people that are keeping the game alive month to month. It would behoove them to do some research into exactly what should and shouldn't be done moving forward.

QFT. there are times where I queue my "Don't let the door hit you on the way out" macro, but this isn't one of them. BioEA IS on a slippery slop (no threat intended). it doesn't matter WHAT they state or HOW they state it. perceptions of the customer have a drastic impact on results for companies that sell products.

they need to eb careful on how much the place emphasis on the market. The playerbase needs to feel like they are getting their money's worth from what they put into it...they need to feel like they are getting what was promised. And If you've ever been involved in customer sales, you know that quoting a contract doesn't keep a customer...it only prevent legal action (and usually loses customers).

Bio needs to show the sub's that they appreciate their sub, while at the same time providing motivation to use the market. it's a harsh line, but Bio needs to pay attention. And in all honesty....this issue itself has sparked more outrage and controversy then any other I've seen since I started in early launch.

and people WILL speak with their subs. a few will come on here and threaten first, but if the general perception of this issue is any indication, I forsee a huge impact on subs. And in spite of f2p being teh savior of the game, there is still a huge amount of subs that play the game, and to lose those would impact it a great deal. Bio needs to balance customer expectations with design....or people will be "not letting the door hit them on the way out".

I've been enjoying this game a great deal. but if every single customization idea that hits this game is pushed through the market, my desire to play will wane considerable. im already looking forward to ESO...but only because the market fiasco is wearing on me. If Bio can figure out this balance and get it right, ill play this game till the end of time. I love it. I don't even dislike the market...having exp boosts, being able to buy adaptable gear for my lvl 1's, i have definitely spent more then my share of real dollars in this game outside of my sub.

You know what's ironic? I actually LIKE the market in LotRO. its there...I don't feel like i have to use it to enjoy the game, but if i want to make things easier or smoother i can access it. it feels like an addition to the game. But more and more the market here is feeling like It's a GATE: I HAVE to use it to get enjoyment out of the game. and thtas what bugs me. free allotment of coins aside....I have NEVER felt like i had to spend my LotRO coins to play the game there, but I feel like i have to spend them to do it here. And there's something to be said about that.

Edited by Elyx

Great post! The interesting thing, others I know in the game, they never really complain, are mad.... especially over losing the toys as a unbound item you can share. A few I know are mad about the high cost for appearance changes and they all pay a monthly fee. I think this update is the one where they crossed a line for a larger amount of people than previously..... I went and checked out the appearance thing, I wont pay the prices, but I can also easily live with my toons as is anyway. I was let down also by gambling for color, so I will only buy that from the GTN, I will not gamble on the colors ever!

This is the update to give to the players, at least that was the thought process, all they gave us was really, a few different ways to spend more money. I never honestly thought I would be attacking the CM, I had loved and supported it... Until Jawagrams, and now the loss of toys we use to share for free. Now, I have contempt for this, and they created it by pushing us for more and more money at every turn and taking away what was already free and making us pay for it. That is just plain wrong!

I will not say anymore, you said it well.... :)

That's a fantastic post!

Great post! The interesting thing, others I know in the game, they never really complain, are mad.... especially over losing the toys as a unbound item you can share. A few I know are mad about the high cost for appearance changes and they all pay a monthly fee. I think this update is the one where they crossed a line for a larger amount of people than previously..... I went and checked out the appearance thing, I wont pay the prices, but I can also easily live with my toons as is anyway. I was let down also by gambling for color, so I will only buy that from the GTN, I will not gamble on the colors ever!

This is the update to give to the players, at least that was the thought process, all they gave us was really, a few different ways to spend more money. I never honestly thought I would be attacking the CM, I had loved and supported it... Until Jawagrams, and now the loss of toys we use to share for free. Now, I have contempt for this, and they created it by pushing us for more and more money at every turn and taking away what was already free and making us pay for it. That is just plain wrong!

I will not say anymore, you said it well.... :)

Excellent post and I totally agree with you and CrashedHardDrive's post as well. They have crossed a line that I think it too much overboard. Removing FREELY moving items and charging for them is my breaking point. Dye packs, cat people and changes to appearance I totally agree are a "FEE" based thing. I think the price is kinda high, but nothing makes you click that "Pay" Button. FORCING me to now pay to move around my Holo's, Orb and other toys is also very overboard.

“Now, witness the power of this fully operational Cartel Market.”

^^^ Fantastic!

Random Dye Modules Scum and Villainy. (You may think there should have been a comma in that last sentence however I assure you that the sentence is working as intended)

Hell hath no fury like a gamer scorned...

Seriously though, this update sucks. I can overlook the customization part, no game lets you race change/name change/et al for free (just ask Blizzard how much they make from name/race changes alone...). However, the fact that both the dye and collections systems are both convoluted piles of bantha poodoo, and bioware/ea might as well have came out and called this patch "F.U. Subs!!! PEACE B!0TCHES, WE DON'T WANT YOUR MONEY". Which is a terrible shame, because as much as I don't feel them 'necessary' to the game at all, they could have made neat additions to the game; instead we get more lottery bull$h!7...

I don't normally post on forums about this kind of crap, what's the point? But this update is FAIL FAIL AND MORE FAIL.

"The Troll is strong with this thread."

Seriously, if you don't like Dye system, nobody is making you use it.

But I want o like the dye system. Really, I do. I'm not even angry about the random dye packs on the cartel market.

What does piss me off is how poorly the dyes have been implemented. The customisation that they offer is ridiculously limited; only combinations of certain colours are allowed and you can't apply the different colours to specific parts of the armour. What bothers me is that this system should never have been implemented, let alone for money. They should have taken one look at the concept, scrunched it up and tossed it in the bin, then had a look at how other MMOs use their dye systems.