Largest Cartel Market weapons sale of the year is now live! Check it out before August 27! ×

Should there be a thing that lets you change to like a juggernaut to a murrader?

gammofet

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You aren't getting it.

Sith Juggernaut

And

Sith Maruader

are

not

the

same

class!

Frost/Blood Death knight's are the same class, not the same spec.

Yea they are. It's no different than changing specs. People trying to say the advanced class in a same class choice system are vastly different obviously don't pay attention to specs since specs themselves play vastly different from one another. In short, claiming the classes are vastly different is reaching far especially if you continue on the belief that respecs are fine.

In fact in almost all cases, except for the knight/warrior, the difference is the primary weapon used. Nothing else.

Edited by Silverspar

Well why did wow make it you can do that?

WoW started out as you having 9 classes, death knights made that 10 classes, monks made it 11. At first each class had 3 unique specs, eventually druids got a fourth one but only because their tank/melee dps was rolled into 1 spec. So they separated the two roles and created two specs for each one for a total of 4 spec for druids (tank, M dps, R dps and heals).

Right now SWTOR has 8 different "classes" but of course we refer to them here as AC's or advanced classes. Each one has 3 specs, with 1 spec being a shared spec. Just because they share the same main class that doesnt mean we should combine them all. And go to 4 classes and 5 specs. Do you know how bad that would look on paper? "Hey come play SWTOR!!! we have 4 classes that you can play!!!". But wait a second why would i want to play SWTOR? it seems kind of limited...WoW has 11 classes, GW2 has 8 classes, LOTRO has 9 classes, and these new games have? i dunno but i'm guessing more then 4.

And think of what would happen to PVE and PVP if you combine everything. Here is what we are looking at:

Bounty Hunter - tank, melee dps, range dps, healer

Agent - melee dps, range dps, healer

Inquisitor - tank, melee dps, range dps, healer

Warrior - tank, melee dps

I've raided in WoW but havent raided in SWTOR yet. So i'll leave the discussion of how combining classes will affect PVE/PVP to you guys. But i bring it up because the classes that could previously only tank and dps OR heal and dps can now tank, dps and heal...not only that but they can melee dps or range dps. Two classes just got a lot more versatility, one got a moderate amount, while Warriors...got no change.

Edited by swtonewbie

There is already an option for this in the game...

It's the Create New Character Button.

That is not what we are talking about and you know it. We have characters that we have spent time leveling and doing the story, the same exact story, and dont want to start over. There are some styles that are different but they have many of the same ones too (force jump, force choke). I also have Doc at max affection Kira at about 8k and the other are between 6k and 1k and artiface is maxed. So i should just start over cause i would rather be the other advance class even though they share 90% of the game with each other ? No chance.

Give us more reasons to play, not more reason to stop playing

Edited by Fergz

this simply comes down to the argument between the 'I would like' and the 'you cant have because i say so' factions, you're both **** put of luck, if they think a CM AC respec will make money (and it will, bucket loads) it will happen, BW have said they are not against the idea before.

personally I dont see any problem with it and tbh even if I did, I dont have to respec so what you do, so long as it doesn't mess up my game, is fine by me :)

(and before you moaners start on the 'but it will affect me' crap, it wont, well other than hurting your oversize e-ego maybe)

But thats the point so you don't have to do a story all over again.And you can be a dual weild murrader instead of a dps jugg.

What exactly is wrong with DPS Jugg? Before I switched to tank my dps Jugg was pulling massive crits. I play on a pvp server and you can forget about getting jumped, two shots your ganker is dead.

Edited by GhostShaman

Because they are two separate classes. Each with their own sets of skill trees and moves. Its been like this since the dawn of time(for MMO's). Doing so would cause a great decrease in Tanks/heals.

Think about it in the long run, its a very bad idea.

That is interesting, when I want to make my sentinel DPS into a guardian tank.... It was my first toon and this is my first mmo and I had no idea how much I would love tanking. So, my main is a jugg now and Ill play republic one day perhaps, when they allow AC changes, I have NO interest in repeating a story. However, double EX would be appealing as an alternative, so I can "fast-track" the process of repeating content.

So, please explain how a AC change will decrease Tanks/heals?

You see, a jugg or guardian can be either DPS or Tank, a Sent/mara can only be DPS, so I will keep asking for AC changes myself.

Edited by Themanthatisi

I see it more of a bad decision making issue and wanting to use time-machine to right the wrongs.

This can potentially be a nightmare to code in or changing them. Probably not going to happen.

they should just let you pick your AC at character creation, so kids like this and all the morons who thinks ACs are same class will ****.

and no, switching from blood to frost is not like switching from mara to jugg,

better analogy to that would be switching from annihilate to carnage (watchman to combat) which you CAN already do in the game.

what you are ASKING is to be able to switch from is DK to fury warrior, doesn't happen sorry.

I'm not campaigning against the change, in fact I don't think it will change the game all that much, although I can already see a lot of QQs that will follow this change.

OMG bioware, my mara can't wear heavy armory, i don't have medium armor, can you let maras wear heavy armor? or make all armors adaptive?

OMG bioware, my jugg uses crit, my mara uses power, can you make it so crit converts into power when I switch ACs?

There should be a thing that lets you change to like............

Edited by ShaanuJaanu

Just going to leave this here:

18. Will be there any faction or Advanced Class change option available for purchase in the future?

We have had serious talks recently about offering an Advanced Class change option – I think that one will likely happen eventually. Species is likely as well. Doing a faction switch is considerably more difficult for us, though, due to the various quest flags set throughout the level up process, so this isn’t on the horizon anytime soon.

Edited by CelCawdro

Bioware is charging you $10 just to change your name, and $30 for a guild name change......is asking for an advanced class change really a can you want them to open?

More options are better than no options. And if it's $50 to switch ACs, people won't switch on a whim.

I haven't heard any argument against AC change that didn't revolve around get-off-my-lawn you're-lazy you-didn't-earn-it curmudgeonry.

This is not to say I want AC change. I just re-rolled when I wanted a sent instead of a guardian.

Edited by MediumD

More options is better than no options. And if it's $50 to switch ACs, people won't switch on a whim.

I haven't heard any argument against AC change that didn't revolve around get-off-my-lawn you're-lazy you-didn't-earn-it curmudgeonry.

This is not to say I want AC change. I just re-rolled when I wanted a sent instead of a guardian.

Personally, I was always an opponent of switching advanced classes. Things started to get messy when free-to-play launched, however. Because you can invest, with real-life money, in a particular character, I've softened my stance a bit. Once you've spent actual cash on a character, "just reroll" becomes less legitimate.

While I wouldn't take advantage of such an option, I can definitely understand the reasoning of some who would. "I am bored of this class," and "I accidentally picked X," remain illegitimate reasons in my eyes, but, "I spent $XX.00 on this character" seems to me a pretty good reason to allow the option.

Two different classes that share the same story and the same companions and the same trainer. You should be able to switch your advance class without having to delete and start over and I disagree with you about having less tanks and heals i think it will lead to more tanks and heals. I know i have a dps i would change to a tank.

This. In my view, it shouldn't be trivial, probably SHOULD cost real money, and have a significant minimum period between such changes, but unlike faction changes or even gender changes, it would not break the storyline choices.

I just wan't a murrader 47 instead of a 47 jugg my dad had a 50 murr and i learend there spec like in wow frostdk to blood dk;)

Not to worry. It's not in the game yet but it will be. When it comes to money, people would buy a token that allowed AC changes.

Knowing this, you can expect it to come to the game, just not right now and not right yet. Bw/EA wont skip a beat to make more cash.

Yea they are. It's no different than changing specs. People trying to say the advanced class in a same class choice system are vastly different obviously don't pay attention to specs since specs themselves play vastly different from one another. In short, claiming the classes are vastly different is reaching far especially if you continue on the belief that respecs are fine.

In fact in almost all cases, except for the knight/warrior, the difference is the primary weapon used. Nothing else.

Really? A sage cannot stealth, but a shadow can. A scoundrel can stealth and heal, but a gunslinger cannot do either. Vanguards cannot heal, but commandos can. Sages are primarily ranged DPS/heals and shadows are much more melee oriented and can DPS/tank.

I can go on and on, but I hope you get the point. Advanced classes are your class. Allowing class changing is rarely a good thing.

More options are better than no options. And if it's $50 to switch ACs, people won't switch on a whim.

If this were to happen then I agree with the first part of what you said. Something would have to be done to prevent people from going back and forth on a whim. A fee is a good start, but in addition maybe a 2 week or 1 month CD or something like that.

As i mentioned on the previous page, my main concern is how combining every class will affect PVE raiding and PVP. Will it lead to more competition between classes for raid slots? why take a warrior that can only tank and melee dps when you can take a BH/Inq that can tank, melee dps, ranged dps AND heal?

right now you only have to deal with this:

tank + M dps

tank + M dps

tank + M dps

M dps + heal

M dps

R dps + heal

R dps + heal

R dps

but combine everything and you are looking at this

tank + M dps + R dps + heal

tank + M dps + R dps + heal

tank + M dps

M dps + R dps + heal

I think someone above mentioned it, but i think maybe BW screwed up and they should have made AC's available from level 1. Sith Marauder, Sith Juggernaught, Sith Sorcerer, Sith Assassin and so on. But then there would have been issues with the storyline being identical for two of those classes. If they had AC selection at character creation it would suck to level a Jugg to 50, and then start a Marauder only to find out in DK that the storyline missions are familiar. Not to mention some of those early Marauder skills look a lot like a few of the skills that are on your Juggs actionbars. IMO AC selection at character creation might work if they had unique storyline missions for all 8 ACs. Or there were no storylines at all, but of course removal of class storyline missions will never happen. You cant separate the ACs from their main class because everything is tied together with the storyline.

anyways time for me to go to bed....i'll probably wake up and re-read my post and wonder *** i was trying to say. -.-

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.