CE Dye - Unbound: Intended?

CelCawdro

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent to hear it, and a very appropriate way to deal with the issue. Thank you.

Might I humbly request gold/silver and silver/gold dyes for the exclusivity? ;)

If they were shiny, chrome like in reflection that would be great. Running two titan cards now, and would love to see some cool materials and lens flares.

Hey folks,

This was not intended, so apologies for that. The goal was for them to be accessible to CE owners directly. However, we are not going to adjust the current Modules as "the cat is a bit out of the bag" on this one and it is already accessible to the rest of the playerbase via trade/sale. Plus, the Collector's Edition folks will still be able to control the economy on this.

However, I talked to the team and the next time we update Dye Modules in the game, we will add another Dye Module to the CE vendor which will be bind on purchase. This way you will still have the two current dyes which you guys control the market on and in the future you will be receiving a Dye Module exclusive to just you.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

-eric

Can you make it a color set that humans would actually want on there gear this time?

Hey folks,

This was not intended, so apologies for that. The goal was for them to be accessible to CE owners directly. However, we are not going to adjust the current Modules as "the cat is a bit out of the bag" on this one and it is already accessible to the rest of the playerbase via trade/sale. Plus, the Collector's Edition folks will still be able to control the economy on this.

However, I talked to the team and the next time we update Dye Modules in the game, we will add another Dye Module to the CE vendor which will be bind on purchase. This way you will still have the two current dyes which you guys control the market on and in the future you will be receiving a Dye Module exclusive to just you.

-eric

I don't think it really matters, the security key folks got WAY better dyes than we CE folks did.

Can you make it a color set that humans would actually want on there gear this time?

Excellent suggestion. Though we may play Twi'lek, Cathar, Chiss, Miraluka, and other alien species (which may or may not have human eyesight, or even, eyes), please remember that your players are humans. As such, I humbly request that you put a color combination that looks at least decent to most human eyes on the CE vendor. :)

The CE owners complaining in this thread are disgusting. You got the colour, you got to sell it, and now you're whining because some of your fellow players had more sense/decency than you and sold it to the rest of us for affordable prices.

You're just a bunch of toddlers who want the sandbox all to yourself and feel slighted when someone else gets to play with nice things. That's an incredibly immature and selfish attitude to take, and I don't think you being suckers at the start of the game should mean absolutely anything right now beyond what you already got ("NO DON'T SELL THE IMPERIAL TROOPER ARMOUR" qq in threads come to mind) and the occasional bone thrown your way now and then.

If we can't buy access to CE, there's no reason for you to want to keep things from the rest of us, who are frankly probably worth more as cash cows to EA at this stage anyway.

I hope your exclusive new colour is lime green primary and sunshine yellow secondary. No more of an eyesore than the whiners deserve, and they still get to enjoy sitting on it.

Hey folks,

-eric

Once again another failure. Does your team actually sit down and think about what they are doing or does EA rush them so much simple logical errors like this occur? I'd love too know what your reply is.

The CE owners complaining in this thread are disgusting. You got the colour, you got to sell it, and now you're whining because some of your fellow players had more sense/decency than you and sold it to the rest of us for affordable prices.

You're just a bunch of toddlers who want the sandbox all to yourself and feel slighted when someone else gets to play with nice things. That's an incredibly immature and selfish attitude to take, and I don't think you being suckers at the start of the game should mean absolutely anything right now beyond what you already got ("NO DON'T SELL THE IMPERIAL TROOPER ARMOUR" qq in threads come to mind) and the occasional bone thrown your way now and then.

If we can't buy access to CE, there's no reason for you to want to keep things from the rest of us, who are frankly probably worth more as cash cows to EA at this stage anyway.

I hope your exclusive new colour is lime green primary and sunshine yellow secondary. No more of an eyesore than the whiners deserve, and they still get to enjoy sitting on it.

Well Said!.

Give CE and security key owners the ability to sell their items and get some credits. Make benefits of the money they paid before like CC buyers do now.

Everyone and their pet Wookiee is hawking these things on the GTN and in Trade. What was supposed to be exclusive is quickly becoming the most common look in the game. :rolleyes:

The pettiness is strong in this one.

It was never meant to be sold to anyone. The fact that it was, is neither here or there.

Not every single CE owner acts or comes off as an entitled spoiled brat. To paint us with such broad strokes, is rude and I don't fit that stereotype at all. I have stated, and will continue to state, that what I was advertised didn't match what I got. Furthermore, almost the exact same post was used to describe the Cartel Market. Do I have the right to act like an entitled spoiled brat? Nope. And I never have. I will however, continue to point it out, even if you or anyone else doesn't like me doing so.

Far as the Imperial Trooper armor, I am perfectly fine with it being put on the Cartel Market. Assuming of course, something equally as desirable is put on there for us. Fair is fair. Otherwise, those don't own the CE will be the entitled ones. Which would be ironic based upon what you said.

The rest of what you said does not exactly apply to the discussion, so, I won't derail the thread by addressing it.

Edited by jason_ralph

How about a Dark Blue and Dark Red / Bright Red combo? Or a Light blue and Black? Something that stands out but could be similar to what is available? Maybe Maybe invert the Black and Blur or Black and Red dye? Maybe a dye that effects the third tint?

Best not to respond to those types. They're not interested in constructive discussion, nor differentiating people from their sweeping, misguided generalizations.. The most you should throw their way is :sy_bank:. ;)

I'm sorry, I missed your "constructive" contribution to this forum between the whining for your lost exclusivity and your requests for more exclusive dyes.

Hey folks,

-eric

As a CE owner, you keep surprising me again and again how low you value those which initially paid quit some bucks for this. I guess "thanks" is in order for the 2 amazing dye kits?!.... :rolleyes: . I really do remember my expectations for this "exclusive" CE vendor and the way it turned out is rather.... "funny"

Hey folks,

-eric

That's what the community always do... cause BW doesn't seem to be able to test their own patches...

Honestly I don't mind these being made available to all. I sold a few to someone who asked to buy them from me when they saw me standing at the CE vendor for the price the vendor sells it for, not the 30k+ Ive seen them floating around for on the GTN on my server. I know a lot of people in my guild that wanted the CE edition and couldn't get one..(my husband included) so the fact I can share stuff with them (and not come off as what people seem to think most of us CE owners are spoiled rotten elitists) makes me happy. I don't need to feel like a special snowflake with the CE vendor, I feel I got my monies worth from it and I personally would like to share more dyes from that vendor in the future. Heck I wish I could share the rest of the items from that vendor too but I have a feeling that a large portion of the CE vendor owners would disagree with me

Hey folks,

-eric

Isn't this exactly the same thing that happened with the Hero's Banner that was supposed to be a CE Exclusive as well? You would think that you guys would have learned from that fiasco...

Hey folks,

-eric

So, what is the reason for not including a fix in the next patch. Oh and you do know that Heroes Banners are still sellable too right.

Just wanted to let you know incase you wanted to do your job and pass info form the community to your superiors. ;)

So, what is the reason for not including a fix in the next patch. Oh and you do know that Heroes Banners are still sellable too right.

Just wanted to let you know incase you wanted to do your job and pass info form the community to your superiors. ;)

They're aware. They just figure the damage is already done and that it would be pointless, maybe even unfair, to fix the issues after the fact. I don't necessarily agree with that line of reasoning, but I do understand it.

The colors are terrible. I am still feeling a bit disappointed what is being done for CE holders. The scanner was just a reskin. The dyes are ugly. I have to wonder who picked out some of the color combinations out there. Edited by manchusabre

• 2 weeks later...
Hey folks,

-eric

From tomorrow's patch notes:

Dye Modules purchased from the Security Key vendor and the Collector's Edition vendor are now Bind on Pickup.

For clarification, are these NEW dye modules that are being added and will be BoP'd.. or are the current ones you said were being left alone, being BoP'd?

Edited by Kaywinnit

It seems they will BOP the current ones. They aren't adding new ones to the CM so I doubt they will add any to the vendors.

So yeah, great work on building trust: say one thing and then do something completely opposite. What now? Bad choice of words? :rolleyes:

Edited by jankiel