CE Dye - Unbound: Intended?

CelCawdro

There is another CE vendor.

No, there is not. There is one CE vendor and one VIP vendor.

The VIP vendor is accessible by anyone who has access to the VIP room, which includes Digital Deluxe players, but unfortunately all he sells is an overpriced, over-sized shoebox with some markers strapped to the side that they call a speeder.

:cool:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, there is not. There is one CE vendor and one VIP vendor.

The VIP vendor is accessible by anyone who has access to the VIP room, which includes Digital Deluxe players, but unfortunately all he sells is an overpriced, over-sized shoebox with some markers strapped to the side that they call a speeder.

Ah, I did not know that. I always assumed that the VIP bracelet only got you access to being up there not the vendors, my bad :p

Hey folks,

This was not intended, so apologies for that. The goal was for them to be accessible to CE owners directly. However, we are not going to adjust the current Modules as "the cat is a bit out of the bag" on this one and it is already accessible to the rest of the playerbase via trade/sale. Plus, the Collector's Edition folks will still be able to control the economy on this.

However, I talked to the team and the next time we update Dye Modules in the game, we will add another Dye Module to the CE vendor which will be bind on purchase. This way you will still have the two current dyes which you guys control the market on and in the future you will be receiving a Dye Module exclusive to just you.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

-eric

In the future, would love to have some more dyes that we control the economy on? It is something that still is a big benefit to CE users - honestly, its one of the first things that really feels valuable as a purchaser of the CE, intended or not.

You learn something new every day. Glad to have helped you reach your quota for the day.

It is one of those things. Like I still don't know what will happen if someone boards the elevator without the bracelet :p

Hey folks,

This was not intended, so apologies for that. The goal was for them to be accessible to CE owners directly. However, we are not going to adjust the current Modules as "the cat is a bit out of the bag" on this one and it is already accessible to the rest of the playerbase via trade/sale. Plus, the Collector's Edition folks will still be able to control the economy on this.

However, I talked to the team and the next time we update Dye Modules in the game, we will add another Dye Module to the CE vendor which will be bind on purchase. This way you will still have the two current dyes which you guys control the market on and in the future you will be receiving a Dye Module exclusive to just you.

-eric

How about adding a full armor set + weapons group like was advertised a year and a half ago when we bought the CE.

Hey folks,

-eric

Will this also apply to the security key dye?

Glad to hear they will be adding a new, BOP dye to the vendor. :)

Oh, that reminds me, what color is the Security Key dye module?

It is white/red. It is actually quite lovely, and far nicer than either of the CE vendor's dyes, IMHO.

Excellent to hear it, and a very appropriate way to deal with the issue. Thank you.

Might I humbly request gold/silver and silver/gold dyes for the exclusivity? ;)

Eh.. that wouldn't be a good idea. Gold and silver, if they do come out, should be available to all. CE should not get a color that would be in extreme high demand. Not to say they shouldn't get a good color, just not one like that. Maybe a cooler version of a color already out there.

To be completely honest, I think CE players have gotten more than enough. They knew what they were getting when they purchased the CE edition at the start. Dunno why some people keep demanding they deserve more still. (Not saying you aredoing that. Just in general.)

Eh.. that wouldn't be a good idea. Gold and silver, if they do come out, should be available to all. CE should not get a color that would be in extreme high demand. Not to say they shouldn't get a good color, just not one like that. Maybe a cooler version of a color already out there.

To be completely honest, I think CE players have gotten more than enough. They knew what they were getting when they purchased the CE edition at the start. Dunno why some people keep demanding they deserve more still. (Not saying you aredoing that. Just in general.)

Make gold and silver available to the populace individually. The colours themselves do not need to be exclusive - just the combination.

Likewise, when potential buyers of the Collector's Edition asked what is contained in the CE store when it was announced, we were told, quite specifically, that we would receive a dynamically, regularly updating vendor that would provide us with armour and weapons (with no statistical advantage) that would differentiate us from those who didn't own the CE.

At release, we had one light armour set. For a fraction of the classes available. And those who bought into the now-obvious spin are still adamant to receive what was promised. But as I stated previously, there is a thread devoted to this topic. I'd rather it stay out of this one.

Edited by CelCawdro

Hey folks,

-eric

Except the two current dyes are really not that good. You can kind of work some magic on the green/yellow, but, my god; the orange/red is way god awful.

Hey folks,

-eric

"The cat is a bit out of the bag on this one"?? I think that's the right position to take, I'm just confused why, as far as I can tell, this is the first time you've ever taken it. If only you could apply this logic to every single other aspect of the game that is constantly subject to change at any moment. Having the Toys unbound would be a perfect example. Why couldn't you guys just have said "the cat's out of the bag" for that? Or how about the personal starship legacy travel perk? It's good that you're getting it right on this one (getting the response right, I mean. obviously the implementation of the actual item got screwed up). I just can't help wondering why, of all the things in the entire game, this is the one that you are willing to not mess with.

I do wonder, though, how these problems crop up in the first place. It seems like it would have been incredibly easy to test it out before putting it in the game. You guys should have some sort of test server where you make patches and see what happens before you make the patches in the actual game. I'll bet there are even people who are willing to test it out for you free of charge.

Hey folks,

-eric

FFS, can your developers do NOTHING properly?