Make Ilum the hub for PvP + Global Chat Channels

cashogy_reborn

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they have all of this stuff on makeb (orbital station + planet side terminals). iunno. you'd think they'd do it with some place where you could actually play while you wait for pops.

very low on my list of fixes. back fill is at the very top. I feel absolutely abused by that mechanic every day.

Backfilling is a symptom of the quality of players in this game. First sign of a loss? ABANDON SHIP!

I just did an AHG where the imps have TWENTY total players by the end.

If players did not quit so often, there would not be so much backfilling, and it wouldnt be such a problem.

Backfilling is a symptom of the quality of players in this game. First sign of a loss? ABANDON SHIP!

I just did an AHG where the imps have TWENTY total players by the end.

If players did not quit so often, there would not be so much backfilling, and it wouldnt be such a problem.

can't change the population. you CAN change how you deal with empty WZ slots. for example, when was the last time a grp queue'd player got sucked into an in-progress WZ? the system seems to fill slots one at a time.

I was sucked into a rnd 2 vstar. how is that still possible? didn't they fix that? rnd 2 is supposed to be too late, isn't it?

can't change the population. you CAN change how you deal with empty WZ slots. for example, when was the last time a grp queue'd player got sucked into an in-progress WZ? the system seems to fill slots one at a time.

I was sucked into a rnd 2 vstar. how is that still possible? didn't they fix that? rnd 2 is supposed to be too late, isn't it?

I forget what the new cut-offs were, but I vaguely remember reading posts that they were not working properly.

And the same people who are the first to abandon a WZ are likely to be the ones that would refuse backfilling. So as soon as someone leaves a WZ, the chances of them playing man down for the remainder of the WZ increase significantly. Like you said, you cant change the population.

I digress tho, this thread is about having global PvP chat channels, and adding fleet amenities to the Ilum faction bases. Would be a great change to liven up Ilum a bit, and PvP chat channels would be a huge benefit to the creation of spontaneous owPvP breaking out.

• 1 month later...
For this to work, what they need to do is rework ilum north. Keep the south of ilum as it is for the gree event but then when you go through the tunnel linking the gree event pvp area to the north make that a open pvp player load instance (just like the ship hanger on fleet with the green shield) for 50 players (25v25) then make new instance as they become full. Each instance could have vendors/cargo bay/GTN's

• 3 weeks later...
I am certain I am not the only person that runs laps around the fleet while I am queued for warzones.

Haha, yes. I once had a whisper from a guildie to "please stop running him over in that ****** podracer".

I dont do it b/c it is fun, but I do it b/c you kinda need to be on the fleet for most everything. The GTN, PvP vendors, PvP quest terminals, etc. You put all of those things on Ilum, and PvPers will stop playing NASCAR on the fleet and will hang out on Ilum. And the more people that hang out on Ilum, the greater the potential for random OWPvP to break out, which is something that we all want to see more of.

In addition to that, we need truly global chat channels. The PvP and Trade channels are *never* used. By anyone. If these channels were global, everyone would benefit. Want to keep hawking your wares in chat but dont want to sit on the fleet all day? Use the Global Trade channel! Are there pesky enemies ruining your questing by ganking you? Use the Global PvP channel to alert your faction anywhere in the galaxy!

So, two small changes that would have a big QoL impact. PvP amenities in the Ilum PvP zone, and truly global Trade and PvP chat channels. Please do these things Bioware!

Global PvP channel could work, though I'd worry about whether it would be useful, or just your 24/7 trolling and flaming channel. But maybe that could be entertaining..

Making Ilum - or somewhere - a PvP hub would let you put all that nasty PvP interaction there away from Fleet. To be honest, even though everyone's on Fleet they're pretty much interacting with the game there, not each other.

PvEers don't have to go to the PvP den of scum and villainy, PvPers don't have to listen to whining carebaers, but can get on with killing each other like happy little psychopaths. Duelling areas or OW skirmishes while they wait for instanced warzones/arenas . Hell, give them some PvP daily quests to do out there like the Gree ones that will mix opponents up and give something to do while waiting for a pop. Galaxy a better place.

Only, for the love of Satele Shan., ensure the loading screen for this area is a short one.

Edited by Wainamoinen

Bumping dont help to faction population imbalance... :rolleyes:

Don't give me fun new content because there's more Imps than Pubs on my server?

No thank you. I prefer new content over whining about Faction Imbalance any day. Make it an instanced area with a limit so that everyone who wants to enter it is on a priority list. If any factions list has 15 more than the other, everyone below that priority is in queue. If someone leaves, the next guy on queue can join in. Simple enough as that. If more of the smaller side join, you get more people on your side to cover the gap.

Mix this system with a competent objective map on Ilum, and useful rewards for the kills and Ilum's gonna be the best PvP planet in SWTOR. And you know lowbies on Tatooine will actually be able to quest without having their day ruined by a huge battle between level 55 guilds.

• 3 months later...

Really, I can understand difficulties about OWPvP such as engine issues, faction imbalance, reward/kill-trading, etc that need to be sorted out.

But why is there no global Chat channel for PvP? And for that matter, why is there no Global Chat Channel for PvE and for Trading?

This is Star Wars. The Holonet can broadcast messages to the other end of the galaxy, and here we are, unable to even chat with someone who isn't on our planet or group/guild.

I am certain I am not the only person that runs laps around the fleet while I am queued for warzones. I dont do it b/c it is fun, but I do it b/c you kinda need to be on the fleet for most everything. The GTN, PvP vendors, PvP quest terminals, etc. You put all of those things on Ilum, and PvPers will stop playing NASCAR on the fleet and will hang out on Ilum. And the more people that hang out on Ilum, the greater the potential for random OWPvP to break out, which is something that we all want to see more of.

In addition to that, we need truly global chat channels. The PvP and Trade channels are *never* used. By anyone. If these channels were global, everyone would benefit. Want to keep hawking your wares in chat but dont want to sit on the fleet all day? Use the Global Trade channel! Are there pesky enemies ruining your questing by ganking you? Use the Global PvP channel to alert your faction anywhere in the galaxy!

So, two small changes that would have a big QoL impact. PvP amenities in the Ilum PvP zone, and truly global Trade and PvP chat channels. Please do these things Bioware!

I agree with you on this one

• 2 weeks later...

Oh the comment about a 25% discount to buying things off the Den GTN is pretty cool. If BW did that and made a public announcement of it I think it would draw lots of people there just to buy things and save a bit extra money, which would bring more PvP (and admittedly some more ganking). Still, SOME action in the den is better than none at all, which the vast majority of the time is how it is on Ebon Hawk with the den being literally empty even at prime time.

Fact is, from day one Bioware proved themselves to be newbie MMO developers, I don't care how much they say they had experienced developers on staff, they made the most basic of mistakes over and over again and they are still living with those mistakes AND making new ones.

I'm not bashing the game, I enjoy it for the most part, but all I ever see is the fleet, and that's it. If I do go somewhere else, I always end up back on the fleet, I have no interactivity with the Empire (I'm Republic) outside of warzones.

musco had tells me on the german cantina tour, where were a lot of pvpers, that there is not much hope that we will see larger battles in swtor again.He said the Gree Event was a litte giveaway to the open pvpers. I love open PvP so much and I've played Warhammer Online for a long time but I don't believe in large Open PvP battles in SWTOR.Sad story.. Edited by darkslider