Make Ilum the hub for PvP + Global Chat Channels

cashogy_reborn

I am certain I am not the only person that runs laps around the fleet while I am queued for warzones. I dont do it b/c it is fun, but I do it b/c you kinda need to be on the fleet for most everything. The GTN, PvP vendors, PvP quest terminals, etc. You put all of those things on Ilum, and PvPers will stop playing NASCAR on the fleet and will hang out on Ilum. And the more people that hang out on Ilum, the greater the potential for random OWPvP to break out, which is something that we all want to see more of.

In addition to that, we need truly global chat channels. The PvP and Trade channels are *never* used. By anyone. If these channels were global, everyone would benefit. Want to keep hawking your wares in chat but dont want to sit on the fleet all day? Use the Global Trade channel! Are there pesky enemies ruining your questing by ganking you? Use the Global PvP channel to alert your faction anywhere in the galaxy!

So, two small changes that would have a big QoL impact. PvP amenities in the Ilum PvP zone, and truly global Trade and PvP chat channels. Please do these things Bioware!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh they should just bring back the dailies and weeklys to kill players in ilum pvp area.

To be honest, they should revert everything to the July - August 2011 build. That was the such a better build than any of the other builds of SWTOR I have played. It performed the best. I beg you developers switch back to this old build. Anyone that played the beta during that time KNOWS HOW SMOOTH THE GAME WAS. It's a shame that we are stuck with this lag fest

This.

As it stands, Illum became mostly obsolete with 2.0.

Instead, make the whole planet a pseudo PvP sandbox type of thing.

Already is on PVP servers.

If it was lvl 55 with daily rewards to match, it would be more lively.

As far as a PVP hub, not sure BW knows how to do that or implement good PVP incentives.

I agree with Cash. I'd say the exact same thing all the time. I'd ***** about it to my guildies on mumble non-stop :p

But really. If there were PvP vendors and terminals on Ilum, that's where I'd be. Maybe even a GTN terminal. And with a global chat channel, people on the fleet could hear about a fight breaking out and come join the party.

We've always had the potential for decent OwPvP, bioware is either lacking a clue as to how to ignite a spark or doesn't want us partaking in activities that will expose the flaws of their engine.

Problem with this is that it is on Tat a level 24 planet. No one wants to go there. Putting this on a 50 planet would be much better. That being said they could leave the skill trainers on the Fleet and move all pvp vendors and terminals to Ilum. Then they could throw in some cool new **** in the pvp sections.

Edited by BurnedRemains

We've always had the potential for decent OwPvP, bioware is either lacking a clue as to how to ignite a spark or doesn't want us partaking in activities that will expose the flaws of their engine.

eh, i think we can all make peace with the limitations of the engine regarding OWPvP. im not familiar with any mainstream MMOs that allow for 50v50 without any lag at all.

and idk about the rest of you, but id rather have huge, laggy battles than none at all.

eh, i think we can all make peace with the limitations of the engine regarding OWPvP. im not familiar with any mainstream MMOs that allow for 50v50 without any lag at all.

and idk about the rest of you, but id rather have huge, laggy battles than none at all.

Agree 100%.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.