The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

NEW WZ EXPLOIT -- Scamper FTW

SOULCASTER

Edit....

It is relevant because he is still calling for nerfs to it.Sure they should fix voidstar and maybe even make it so in hutball it's no longer a ball match but instead a death match so speed boosts don't matter eh? How about looking at options before crying nerf regardless how it's disguised. I'm not arguing the exploit,which is the area,should be fixed.I also do not remember it being clarified which class was being used.Makes a difference.You yourself are not even describing which one.

I dont want huttball changed at all, I like the game, however the massive increase to mobility that Ops get at the beginning of a game puts their team at a clear advantage from the beginning of the game. The fact that they can scamper to the ball and throw it to someone who is in a good position prior to anyone getting near them is unfair.

Their lack of energy is irrelevant because all their doing is securing the ball for their tank.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol @ the claim that force speed can keep up with op roll. Like, BIG lol. Thanks.

You have to read carefully how that person phrased it. He went out of his way to say that "3 rolls would get you as far as a Force Speed". He ignored the simple fact that the Operative will be there waiting for the Assassin at the finish line.

In other words, a Clintonian "I did not have seks with that woman" line...

You are crying,plain and simple. Multiple threads,same ability but it's not the same since you put exploit in front of it amirite? Pretty sure no one in your guild is exploiting it is a great story,maybe you should spend some time looking at your guildies instead of creating new threads on the same ability before making claims and before starting a soap box about exploits. Btw,tears stunt the growth of a jock developing so i wouldn't worry too much on that starting up a fan club.

And you're crying about him crying...if you want him to let it go, maybe you should too?

This also means attempting to grapple someone rolling can outright fail. What can happen is you grapple somoene in mid roll, so they get pulled to you, and as they finish the roll, they teleport back to their destination and completely negated your pull. That's a rather nasty surprise when you're trying to chase them down.

This happened to me today a few times, quite annoying.

Or you could read the initial post?

:rolleyes:

Already did ;) more or less saying everyone ************ about the ability in huttball or any other match which happened in this thread, should have the ability and see how bad it is. As for the exploit seen a few times where the barrier was breached before scamper was even added in the game. Vanguard pulls a player who just spawned up and over the barrier

Already did ;) more or less saying everyone ************ about the ability in huttball or any other match which happened in this thread, should have the ability and see how bad it is. As for the exploit seen a few times where the barrier was breached before scamper was even added in the game. Vanguard pulls a player who just spawned up and over the barrier

Any barrier breach should be fixed, which again, was the point of the thread.

Not a cry for nerf, but a spotlight on something obviously not intended.

Any barrier breach should be fixed, which again, was the point of the thread.

Not a cry for nerf, but a spotlight on something obviously not intended.

Not crying for a nerf? Pretty sure he stated the ability been broken since creation. When will you nerf this? Not sure how that is not crying for a nerf ;)

Edited by NilethStar

Its not the ability that is broken it is simply this one instance in a WZ....

Was exactly the same previously with Consular/Inq speed and jumping the gap between bridges in 1.whatever before they fixed that issue. They didnt change the class ability, simply adjusted the WZ. Which is exactly what will, and should, happen here. :rolleyes:

Its not the ability that is broken it is simply this one instance in a WZ....

Was exactly the same previously with Consular/Inq speed and jumping the gap between bridges in 1.whatever before they fixed that issue. They didnt change the class ability, simply adjusted the WZ. Which is exactly what will, and should, happen here. :rolleyes:

+1. Yeah the ability gives them much greater ability to reach and disrupt/cap nodes but it's not the insanely unbalanced skill that many keep whining about. Just adjust the WZ to fix the problem and move on already.

When attacking in a voidstar, at the last cloner with the 3 force fields, you can /scamper from the top ledge over the force field (bypassing it entirely) and plant on the other side on the last door before anyone can get to you.

YAAAAY! Go devs!

This ability has been broken since its creation. WHEN WILL YOU NERF THIS ????????

LOL, nice.

Scamper is treated as a teleport as far as the game is concerned. You can roll across acid or fire without taking any damage. Try to do that with Force Speed without jumping. It just won't work.

This also means attempting to grapple someone rolling can outright fail. What can happen is you grapple somoene in mid roll, so they get pulled to you, and as they finish the roll, they teleport back to their destination and completely negated your pull. That's a rather nasty surprise when you're trying to chase them down.

Weird, because as a sniper, when I roll over fire, I DO take one tick of fire damage - and technically, I'm in 100% dodge while rolling, unlike operatives who just have (I think) +30% range defense. I mean, I've hit operatives midroll before. They get pretty shocked if I leg shot them mid roll :eek:

Damage during a roll is 50/50 for me tbh. Sometimes I take dmg, othertimes I take none. (This is fire traps in Huttball im talking about)

Exfiltrate/Scamper currently has its issues and I'm certain it will be ajusted in time. Just dont expect them to nerf it too hard as im happy to finally get a closer ability. Tbh it seems that alot of whine is due to something thats just new, or boohoo I cant roll as class as easy as I could before.

Seriously no one else has any opinions on this? This is an exploit!!

OR has everyone left the forums because they know anything they say will be ignored by the devs

Pretty much...

And this is too funny lol. When WZ's are the O N L Y focus of the PvP team (no open world PvP at all) - how they didn't think to test this is beyond STUPID!

Pretty much...

And this is too funny lol. When WZ's are the O N L Y focus of the PvP team (no open world PvP at all) - how they didn't think to test this is beyond STUPID!

They don't test anything. At least not anymore

They don't test anything. At least not anymore

Didn't they hire some super select group of "players" from the Austin area to help test 2.0? Guess we know where all the RPers live...emotes work well.

Did i claim to be a legend? No. Never heard of your guild or you either,oh wait you haven't said who you were there or what your guild name was.Care to share?

Obvious troll is obvious.... the guy is complaining about a legitimate exploit, someone being able to jump over a forcefield when they are not supposed to be able to and all you do is troll him about needing Kleenexes and saying he and his guild cant PvP.... very constructive discussions you're adding to the thread:rolleyes:

While I agree that this ability needs some reworking and bugs like the one referenced in this thread need to be fixed, a lot of the venom aimed at scamper is misplaced due to poor comparisons to force speed and misconceptions of what Scamper is and what Hightail It is.

First and foremost:

The 18m roll is Hightail, which is the gunslinger version of scamper. The notable differences are:

- It has a 20 second cooldown (cannot be spammed).

- It costs no energy.

- It does break movement-impairing effects.

you forgot to add that Hightail it has a 100% chance to dodge while rolling. scamper has only a 30% (might be 20). I have GS and Scoundrel, this is a huge difference.

you forgot to add that Hightail it has a 100% chance to dodge while rolling. scamper has only a 30% (might be 20). I have GS and Scoundrel, this is a huge difference.

You also can't use 'hightail' if you are rooted. Slowed? Yes.