The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

foundry sm, on my lvl 35 mara, with jugg tank, merc healer, sniper dps.

at first boss, sniper does an old fashioned ninja loot: need on all and dc..best part is 2/3 passed on the cunning headpiece...kick

replacement is a sorc, starts pulling before the tank ( well jugg was a drama queen..it's the first time i have to los pull in sm fp..:eek:) is warned to stop, then he cc's a droid, tank breaks cc, sorc types ''idiot'' and gets kicked.

replacement is assassin dps..pulls before the tank..kicked.

replacement is a..i don't remember, too many of them :p , we clear the instance and go back home..tank even said he had fun. beside waiting for 4 dps to zone in and the freaking los pulls the fp went smooth..my record for replacements though.

Athiss. We all drop to the bottom about the same time. Healer starts heading towards the second room, not where the bomb is. I ask, "Do you have arch, or do we need to get the bomb?"

No reply.

I ask again, "Does someone have archaeology, or no?"

Healer: "Hurry up, tank. Don't be slow." He proceeds to pull the mob ahead, and the next one as well. He's overleveled and geared, so he's not going to die most likely, but I let him enjoy the mobs and tell my guildie that if we get to that door and he doesn't have arch, he's gone. Sure enough, we get to the door, he clicks and, "Explosives are needed to open this door" or some such appears. He tries opening it again. I go ahead and initiate the vote kick, it goes through as another member uses arch on the piece beside the door. A few expletives later and the healer's gone and on ignore. Mako takes over nicely through the first boss until we get a new healer, everything else goes smoothly.

I see no reason to put up with an idiot all the way through a run simply because he has gear.

I also had reaffirmed yesterday that the more sabers you have, the greater your leadership. Mara constantly pulling mobs and even leaping in on bosses on Mandalorian Raiders. I say something and the reply is, "What do you mean I'm pulling first?" Wasn't even going to argue it, just another for ignore, though I waited until we finished the FP. Maras and Sents, I just don't get it.

Duran'del here:

Hammer Station MH:

We join in, and, if I remember correctly, everyone is geared correctly, except for me(the tank). I forgot to put my tank bracers on. Thankfully, no one notices this, and we start the first boss after wiping the floor with most of the trash.

And that's the part where trouble happens. The Healer (A sorc) doesn't cleanse the lazors from the boss, and I almost die, but survive thanks to Kolto Overload (I'm a PT). I'm thinking, maybe they forgot the mechanic, so I tell the sorc to cleanse the laser. Nothing. It always reaches ten stacks. Always. I die when the boss is at low health, DPS (I think a mara and a merc) kill it, and I get rezzed. I politely remind the healer that even though I'm a PT, I can't facetank everything. Que quip from the mara.

We kill trash, blah blah blah, get to second boss, and I point out the kill order. We start the fight, and I notice something: When Vorgan activates his shield, DPS keep pounding away at the robot. When robot's dead, they start to kill Vorgan, ignoring Sawbones, who is healing Vorgan. Now, I'm starting to think that these people have never done this FP HM before.

The rest of the FP was normal. It was just weird how these people ignored blatantly obvious mechanics.

I'm a sage and I LOVE pulling teammates.

I kill guildies and I kill friends. Nobody cries. I pull people who are right in front of me, nobody cries. BUT

This one CZ run, we were on the part where you drop down to fight the annoying droid. Well I grabbed the last security key and this individual said he was going to use a quick bio. He was right near the edge so I did a run over the edge and pulled him down.

Well, when he returned he freaked out. I told him it was just a joke and I was just moving him down. I even healed him up before he got back. Ultimately his reason for trying (and failing) to kick me was "trying to kill an afk player"

I apologized, he /ignore me, we finished the FP with no problems. Haven't seen him since.

Heh, i'm a serial killer then :D

But not sage... As a shadow/sin tank i have a privilege to pull first. And there's some places in FP where you can kill stuff just pushing it into abiss.

I prefer to kill strongs/elite this way.

So you can imagine - how many sents and guardians i'v killed :rolleyes:

Maras and Sents, I just don't get it.

I reckon the problem is the whole "all my buffs run out thing". With focus and rage draining and them about to lose their centering/fury they often chain pull.

The problem is most people in these classes think centering/fury and focus/rage is more important than group mechanics, roles and fight mechanics. This causes me a particular problem as I have a sent, and I have to work extra hard to demonstrate I am not like the vast majority of these classes.

My wierd story (sort of) maybe im the wierd 1

Athiss SM on my scoundrel lvl 21

Get to the final boss and I work away at healing through that horrible dot. On the first round of flames the tank speaks up "just cleanse the dot". I tell him I don't get cleanse until lvl 24. He calls me a noob and refuses to fight when "healer can't heal properly" (at this point no1 has died). As such I end up scoundrel tanking while having to heal through the dots and boss damage, plus healing through the flames on the sage dps who doesn't move. At the end the tank whispers asking if I can add him to friends, as he says I seem to be a competent healer. I just say no and stick him on ignore.

Then had a hammer station run. Got to the first boss and I don't cleanse the laser (im lvl 21, its available at lvl 24). At the end of the fight a sent puts vote to kick me with "reason: can't heal" (nobody has died despite that horrible trash pull with the 2 elites and 5 standards being started by a dps with the tank on 30% and the other dps afk).

Athiss. I point out at the start that I don't have cleanse, and please don't nag for it during final boss. This is rather irrelevant as, with how the group is going we wipe on beast of vodal kresh due to tank pulling from wrong place and pulls the enemies on the bit below. This wouldn't be a problem if the three im with learnt from this (pull from the right place or empty the lower floor first), but they don't. After 3 wipes to EXACTLY the same problem I quit group.

Athiss again. Final boss and the tank and 1 dps start spamming "CLENSE DOT", "HEALER HEAL", "L2P NOOB HEALER". At this point nobody has died and I am maintaining everyone's hp without the use of cleanse (by now im lvl 22, still 2 lvls off cleanse).

This has made me think. As a lowbie healer maybe I shouldn't queue for fp's which have fight mechainc's for which i'm not equipped. However if everyone did that then nobody would be able to do hammer station as there would be no healers (there's no heal class that gets cleanse that early). Then healers would become the new tanks, so rare that most people dare not question them.

Edited by BobFredJohn

I reckon the problem is the whole "all my buffs run out thing". With focus and rage draining and them about to lose their centering/fury they often chain pull.

The problem is most people in these classes think centering/fury and focus/rage is more important than group mechanics, roles and fight mechanics. This causes me a particular problem as I have a sent, and I have to work extra hard to demonstrate I am not like the vast majority of these classes.

My wierd story (sort of) maybe im the wierd 1

Athiss SM on my scoundrel lvl 21

Get to the final boss and I work away at healing through that horrible dot. On the first round of flames the tank speaks up "just cleanse the dot". I tell him I don't get cleanse until lvl 24. He calls me a noob and refuses to fight when "healer can't heal properly" (at this point no1 has died). As such I end up scoundrel tanking while having to heal through the dots and boss damage, plus healing through the flames on the sage dps who doesn't move. At the end the tank whispers asking if I can add him to friends, as he says I seem to be a competent healer. I just say no and stick him on ignore.

Then had a hammer station run. Got to the first boss and I don't cleanse the laser (im lvl 21, its available at lvl 24). At the end of the fight a sent puts vote to kick me with "reason: can't heal" (nobody has died despite that horrible trash pull with the 2 elites and 5 standards being started by a dps with the tank on 30% and the other dps afk).

Athiss. I point out at the start that I don't have cleanse, and please don't nag for it during final boss. This is rather irrelevant as, with how the group is going we wipe on beast of vodal kresh due to tank pulling from wrong place and pulls the enemies on the bit below. This wouldn't be a problem if the three im with learnt from this (pull from the right place or empty the lower floor first), but they don't. After 3 wipes to EXACTLY the same problem I quit group.

Athiss again. Final boss and the tank and 1 dps start spamming "CLENSE DOT", "HEALER HEAL", "L2P NOOB HEALER". At this point nobody has died and I am maintaining everyone's hp without the use of cleanse (by now im lvl 22, still 2 lvls off cleanse).

This has made me think. As a lowbie healer maybe I shouldn't queue for fp's which have fight mechainc's for which i'm not equipped. However if everyone did that then nobody would be able to do hammer station as there would be no healers (there's no heal class that gets cleanse that early). Then healers would become the new tanks, so rare that most people dare not question them.

I don't get it - what DoT they talking about? :confused:

Green face? That mechanic adds only on HM as far as i remember... Flames? They are not cleanseble...

I guess i have to make another healer and learn to play again :(

Doesn't centering/fury last a full minute without refreshes? The tank has to be glacially slow to take long enough between pulls for it to run out.

Doesn't centering/fury last a full minute without refreshes? The tank has to be glacially slow to take long enough between pulls for it to run out.

not that slow..several time i pop zen the last second of my stacks..but really it's a problem only at low level..once you are at cap you build it in no time.

and about athiss dot..it's there even in sm but it's hardly something that puts a topped dps in danger..

Prophet's Crushing Affliction is in SM too. But it's easy to heal through (I just mitigate it with a bebble on my sage than 'maybe' heal the last 500ish damage if I can. If I can't they will just wait until next downtime. Hell I even do that as DPS sorc just to help the healer.

Well exactly. I don't see why people are flaming on my healer to l2p when:

1. nobody dies

2. I don't get cleanse at the level I am

3. I successfully heal through it

Yet there's all these people out there want to show how much they know, calling for cleanse yet demonstrating their complete lack of knowledge that its a lvl 20+ ability. I personally don't like those elitist noobs, the whole "well when I run ops on my lvl 55 the healers cleanse, so you on your lvl 20 scoundrel should cleanse too." They have no idea what they are on about yet tell me to L2P?

That certainly is odd. I've played 4 healers through Athiss SM before and no one has ever commented on the DoT at the end boss. I doubt they even know about it since most of the people on Athiss SM don't even attempt to walk a little away from their teammates so that the ending aoe damage doesn't hit everyone.

That certainly is odd. I've played 4 healers through Athiss SM before and no one has ever commented on the DoT at the end boss. I doubt they even know about it since most of the people on Athiss SM don't even attempt to walk a little away from their teammates so that the ending aoe damage doesn't hit everyone.

Even with the worst geared players I've almost never seen the dot itself kill if the person is mostly topped off, so I certainly don't worry about it. The healer should cleanse if able to, otherwise heal2full and make them pay!

KDY on my level 28 sentinel (went in at 27 but leveled in the second zone).

Had a 46 sage (madness), 49 vanguard (pyro), and a somewhat inconsequential level 17 guardian "tank." The run actually went pretty well. The vanguard even understood that they were melee (sometimes a bit too well as they would occasionally pull something across to the room while I was in mid master strike). I had aggro on both of the zone boss/champ/things, but didnt think too much of it because thats what usually happens anyway.

We get to the final zone and have Lord Modo for the endboss. Now, Im happy, I like this guy. All I have to do is dance around the map like Im normally doing anyway. He gives great windows for master strike that match up with the CD nicely, everything is just great. However, I did get low a couple of times. One of those times, the sage pulled me over next to the Kolto (which shows a lot more abstract thought than Im used to seeing). Now, Extricate cuts your threat by 25%. Normally when it gets used, whatever is being fought will switch targets. Modo didnt.

I was curious. Modo has 351900 HP for the 15-54 bracket of KDY. So, I opened up parsec and ran the last fight through it. I did 295069 damage over the course of that fight. Over 5 times what the entire rest of the team did combined. Holy Hell.

I wasnt expecting much out of the guardian, hes level 17, looked new, and its a tricky fight for someone just starting. The sage shouldnt have been that gimped either, but they were doing most of the utility work (and doing it very nicely). But the vanguard? That fight is a pyro's wet dream.

Edited by Dras_Keto

Wrong, 781k.

No, youre wrong, thats only for the 55 version.

I mean, unless youre trying to say that the max hp on the live Modo is different than on his corpse right after you kill it .. which sounds idiotically crazy enough to be plausible for Bioware.

Edited by Dras_Keto

Im not sure about 781 but its certainly around there, give or take a couple thousand

And what do you expect from kdy? Its hardly NiM ops so why does it matter who carries who, as long as they aren't just stood in stupid complaining about how powerful modo's choke is (which I saw recently).

Doesn't matter at all. In HM Hammer Station you need the cleanse though. In SM you just healer through, it's all you can do.

I've been playing this game for a year, but only came across Hammer Station HM about a month ago. I always saw the cleanse ability in the skill tree, but never used it. It wasn't until this FP that the tank was getting frustrated that I wasn't using it and I had no idea on how to do it. Once learned, though, I've been using it as much as I can now, even in OPS groups, although it's surprising how much of the debuffs can't actually be removed. Just the nanites in TFB and DF or DP (forgot which one).

I've been playing this game for a year, but only came across Hammer Station HM about a month ago. I always saw the cleanse ability in the skill tree, but never used it. It wasn't until this FP that the tank was getting frustrated that I wasn't using it and I had no idea on how to do it. Once learned, though, I've been using it as much as I can now, even in OPS groups, although it's surprising how much of the debuffs can't actually be removed. Just the nanites in TFB and DF or DP (forgot which one).

Tbh most dots in SM fp's can be healed through, even the ones in missions after you get the ability. Cleanse in SM really just makes your job easier, it is in no way necessary. For example the ikoral fight in red reaper. First time I did that with my merc I cleansed the dots every time. A few runs later he shot his dot while my cleanse was on CD and I just healed through it.

Thats the problem with first jumping into HM. Unless you have read the tales on this thread there is very little to demonstrate what cleanse does, as you can often get away without it.

Once when I was tanking with my vang on colincoid, the third beast in the area just before final boss has an armour reduction effect. By the end of that fight I had a 5-stack of armour debuff, asked healer to throw a cleanse on me, he had no idea what I meant so I just waited for debuff to time out. Very few people bother cleansing as its not necessary at SM level, but does make things a whole lot easier.