The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

So, ran a GF gor Manaan Flashpoint tonight, now this is my first time being in this particular flashpoint on the Republic side, so I wanted to watch the conversation unfold. Mid way through the very first convo, everyone is asking for spacebar, I mention I havent seen the convo on this side, and I would like to...and then BAM vote kicked....

I am still in awe of the amazing people I bump into in GF.

I hate these people. I usually spam spacebar on everything except class stuff (used to skip class stuff up until the end of agent chapter 1, luckily my first character, when I saw who it was and had a vague enough idea of the story to get the curve-ball they had thrown me). What I dont get is why go-go-go people who want to skip cant wait 2 minutes on a 20-30 minute mission. Still makes no difference to me, I always have a freecell game open, just pop that up whenever "waiting for group members" shows. The other thing than annoys me is people spamming "skip" before we have even started.....wait and see what happens, then behave like a dick if your still not happy, no reason to be a dick if everyone is going to skip anyway.

Rant number 2, nothing at all to do with GF. One time password, "you will recieve this within 15 minutes".....9 hours later, nothing. Still gave me a chance to run through dmc3 bloody palace on super-vergil :D good times.

Edited by BobFredJohn

If you find yourself in a spacebar obsessed group and want to watch.....never speak up and identify yourself as the person not using spacebar. If they all say they are using spacebar, then you must also say you are using spacebar to confuse and distract. If nobody says anything, then say nothing. The group can't kick everybody, and if they want to be buffoons then you just be buffoon right back

This is normally what I do when I feel like watching the cutscenes or convos, however these 3 dingleberries were from the same guild....so alas, I stood no chance.

You're correct. Group leader is equal in power to every other group member when through group finder.

Then it perhaps wasn't a proper random group. The lack of role icons also hints to that; I've noticed that when I enter an FP through GF with a premade group, we get no role icons. I guess it was originally a full guild run, but they lost one member along the way.

Noticed above people saying DPS are extremely rude, brought me back to a story when i was leveling my first character, a sniper

I picked up the call to arms quest and set off to do boarding party, gg, easy as they all knew what to do and could guide me through as the new runner.

Foundry? completely different group

me (sniper 38), angel'delight (sniper 35, referred to hereon as AD), a merc healer and sin tank. started the mission and during the first 3 mob fights the merc does no healing despite being in heal role. AD has a go at him for not healing, though I do point out to her "none of us has died, whats the problem?" to which im told to "**** you noob". carry on to the next couple of mob fights in which it becomes clear the sin tank is not tanking, but we all survive. Suddenly a vote kick pops up from AD to kick the merc as "the ******* noob doesnt heal." I abstain as my view is if no1 has died the healer is doing fine. Sadly the vote goes through and healer is kicked.

Later on, through more difficult mob fights as we are only 3 (sin doesnt know how to re-queue us, or switch someone else to group leader) we get to the first boss, that big droid thing. Wipe (though the sin popping stealth because his hp got down to 27% didnt help, IMO not a very good tanking tactic). We set off running back to the boss when AD starts flaming the both of us, calling us noobs, *****s, etc. I am starting to get annoyed with her so tell her "well we could have done it but some idiot kicked our healer". I then get vote kick from her, reason: *****.

Luckily the sin realises that 2 people cannot do it themselves so he kept me in. Later on when we get to the kor'slug fight just after HK-47 loot drop is some nice sniper rifle, which I note is the same as the 1 provided from completing call to arms quest, so i click pass. Suddenly AD starts flaming on me again "******* stupid noob you dont even know what gear you use lmao".

I point out its exactly the same as the quest reward, her reply "**** you noob" and another vote kick, reason: fed up with this noob. suffice to say the vote doesnt go through and suddenly a vote pops up from the sin to kick AD. From there we are about 2 mob fights from revan fight so get some replacements and finish the quest.

Who is stood outside the quest exit, but AD herself flaming us for not letting her get the quest, then spamming duel challenge on me and the sin, which the sin accepts, i watch and he kills her 4 out of 4 duels, with his health never dropping below 72%. at which point he says the only thing he said throughout the whole group, "stop being so rude." at which point he goes off on his speeder, adds me to friend and explains hes sorry for not requeuing earlier and not tanking properly at but he had run with AD through boarding party and wanted to piss her off.

IMO a nice story about a rude player getting their come-uppance.

This makes me so happy. Angel'delight sounds familiar. Are you on Jedi covenant? I may have queued with her before and I seem to remember a few idiot snipers...

Had a sorcerer on Depths of Manaan that kept pulling me out of mobs, and with me in 162 and everyone else in 180, the DPS kept pulling threat again. At first I didn't think much of it, I just AoE taunted again and was back in, but when he was for some reason doing it on the first boss and I was struggling to keep the riot droids clustered around the main guy (I forget his name), I call him out on it.

He didn't seem to understand what I meant though. I asked why he was pulling me, he thought I meant he was pulling the mobs. I clarified again why was he pulling me and he was like "Do you want me to stop using Force Storm?" I just said "never mind" and the he just said "bye" and quit group. I was like... Wut?

This makes me so happy. Angel'delight sounds familiar. Are you on Jedi covenant? I may have queued with her before and I seem to remember a few idiot snipers...

ToFN, Ironically I met her again when leveling my merc healer (I had got my sniper, jugg and sorc to 55 and my merc to 48 in the time it took AD to get from 35 to 49, so its likely they have alts) and their attitude was completely unchanged. No1 was quite good enough, the second she got hit, vote kick on tank, the second her hp dropped below 95%, vote kick healer, the second the dps op (who actually played in melee, rare for this class/role) needed cunning gear, vote kick.

None of the kicks went through ofc, as its just some noob being oversensitive, but it does get on my nerves when people are like that.

Edited by BobFredJohn

ToFN, Ironically I met her again when leveling my merc healer (I had got my sniper, jugg and sorc to 55 and my merc to 48 in the time it took AD to get from 35 to 49, so its likely they have alts) and their attitude was completely unchanged. No1 was quite good enough, the second she got hit, vote kick on tank, the second her hp dropped below 95%, vote kick healer, the second the dps op (who actually played in melee, rare for this class/role) needed cunning gear, vote kick.

None of the kicks went through ofc, as its just some noob being oversensitive, but it does get on my nerves when people are like that.

I'll see if I run into her... That would be an interesting run.

I had a somewhat unusual experience (at least for me it was).

I queued for a 55 HM on my Gunslinger, and got a pop for Cademimu. The "tank" had about 43k health, everything endurance heavy, and was in (wait for it) Shadow Technique :eek:. I then noticed he was a member of one of the uber-large guilds on Begeren Colony currently topping Conquest leaderboards.

We get to the first group, and rather than attacking, the "tank" emotes in chat:

"<doofus> orders you to attack!"

/le sigh

Luckily, our healer was phenomenal. We'd have never made it anywhere without him. We carry on. At one point, I ask the "tank" in chat, "Why aren't you in Combat Technique"?

He response: "Why is there rain? Why?"

We get to the last boss, the tank dies in the fire, and he certainly wasn't missed -- the rest of us finish off Ortol without him.

First tank to ever hit my ignore list. Way to represent your guild, dumb****

I had a somewhat unusual experience (at least for me it was).

I queued for a 55 HM on my Gunslinger, and got a pop for Cademimu. The "tank" had about 43k health, everything endurance heavy, and was in (wait for it) Shadow Technique :eek:. I then noticed he was a member of one of the uber-large guilds on Begeren Colony currently topping Conquest leaderboards.

We get to the first group, and rather than attacking, the "tank" emotes in chat:

"<doofus> orders you to attack!"

/le sigh

Luckily, our healer was phenomenal. We'd have never made it anywhere without him. We carry on. At one point, I ask the "tank" in chat, "Why aren't you in Combat Technique"?

He response: "Why is there rain? Why?"

We get to the last boss, the tank dies in the fire, and he certainly wasn't missed -- the rest of us finish off Ortol without him.

First tank to ever hit my ignore list. Way to represent your guild, dumb****

This shoulda happened:

Tank: "Why won't you take shackles off me?"

Someone else: "Why is the sky blue?"

He's not the first tank to hit your ignore list, he's the first pretending-to-be-a-tank.

Apparently it seems to be bugged, since I got kicked from a kuat since their friend came online, and was locked out for 15 minutes.

You do get the lockout if you voluntarily quit the group. Also, I found out the "timer" seems to depend on how far into the flashpoint you are. For example, if you haven't reached the first boss, the lockout may only be 2mins, the timer increases the farther you are into the flashpoint. At least that is what I have noticed so far, now that I have been paying more attention to the timers. I still haven't seen the full 15mins though. I am really not sure how this works.

Not a group finder story but a funny one anyway.

We have a Marauder on our server that I've now come across three times running 16m PUG groups. He's mostly in 168s with a couple 180s. This is what his gear looks like:

Aim tanking earpiece

Strength tanking implant

Willpower helmet

Strength tanking pants (these used to be Cunning pants)

PvP relic

Also, he's pretty vocal in groups but when you ask if anyone has never done the op before, he remains quiet. Even after looking at his achievements and seeing he's never done the op, you can ask him about it and he'll insist he's done it before.

Don't bother trying to help him with his gear choices either, he'll just put you on ignore for "being mean" lol

Not a group finder story but a funny one anyway.

We have a Marauder on our server that I've now come across three times running 16m PUG groups. He's mostly in 168s with a couple 180s. This is what his gear looks like:

Aim tanking earpiece

Strength tanking implant

Willpower helmet

Strength tanking pants (these used to be Cunning pants)

PvP relic

Also, he's pretty vocal in groups but when you ask if anyone has never done the op before, he remains quiet. Even after looking at his achievements and seeing he's never done the op, you can ask him about it and he'll insist he's done it before.

Don't bother trying to help him with his gear choices either, he'll just put you on ignore for "being mean" lol

The PvP relic is normal and even a good choice, but the rest of it... damn.

Was in SM Mando Raiders yesterday on my merc healer, with my friend's DPS op. The tank kept putting guard on me, and I kept clicking it off right away. Now most tanks will ask or I'll sometimes say something, but this guy just kept putting it on me, watching it come off, and putting it on me. Out of vague amusement, I kept my mouth shut for the time being. Turns out, was very glad I did. Couple trash pulls in:

Tank: *** my guard wont stay on

Tank: !

Friend: Try putting it on me?

[Tank moves guard; it stays]

Tank: now it works

Friend: weird

Tank: ***

We go on for a while with my friend guarded, but I notice the bubble of shame show up around me as we drop down the elevators after the boarding party. I click it off silently and immediately it goes right back onto my friend and stays there the rest of the FP.

Edited by FrozenGoalie

Was in SM Mando Raiders yesterday on my merc healer, with my friend's DPS op. The tank kept putting guard on me, and I kept clicking it off right away. Now most tanks will ask or I'll sometimes say something, but this guy just kept putting it on me, watching it come off, and putting it on me. Out of vague amusement, I kept my mouth shut for the time being. Turns out, was very glad I did. Couple trash pulls in:

We go on for a while with my friend guarded, but I notice the bubble of shame show up around me as we drop down the elevators after the boarding party. I click it off silently and immediately it goes right back onto my friend and stays there the rest of the FP.

You my friend won the palm!!!!!!!!!! :rak_03:

THIS made me lol for 5 minutes straight. GJ, that story is really fun. Especially since the Tank didn't even consider you could have possibly clicked it off...! :D

As a side note, when I'm on my Tanks in SM I often begin the FP with Guard on the healer, and switch it to the DPS that pulls from me as needed. Makes it easier to keep an eye on who rips aggro, to me. ;)

Of course, that's the situation for the first 2 ,3 pulls at most... Continuing like that is not the best idea. :rolleyes:

Landed a Directive 7 HM fp last night. Got an amazingly competent Jug whose first act was to guard me of all people, which, I'm not complaining; I've started tearing aggro when the snipers/maras aren't around. Overload happy Madness 'sin, which, not much problem since he either overloaded too far away to hit anything, or next to bosses that aren't affected by knockbacks. Our operative healer was the bounciest body 4 I've ever seen in game.

Anyway, things are going great, we're melting everything, nailing bonuses, y'know, smooth as anything.

The first set of bosses, the three sniper droids, apparently we killed them in the wrong order??? so we were stuck smashing on the last one for a good five minutes, my Wrath wasn't proccing, death field wasn't leaving a mark, etc. We beat him up (fiNALLY) and move on. Boss #2 melts. About halfway to boss #3, [Tank's name] has left the group.

And the three of us literally have a *** moment. He'd said nothing, no one had died (except the sin, but that was right after he left), no one was pulling ahead, etc.

After about a moment of wondering what his deal was, our operative pulls a Kaliyo, and other than Kaliyo's stubborn insistence on not pulling after she'd been given the attack command, it's smooth as anything.

The Battle for Illum was pretty good too. Completely different group; Jug tank who didn't guard anyone, Sorc heals, myself, and one whom I can't recall right now. Our sorc was pulling trash left and right, but we were mowing them down so fast that our tank was spinning in circles looking for something to hit.

Bosses, though, we let him pull, and proceeded to melt them too.

I dunno, I guess my bad/strange occurrences seem to have gone away at endgame and are isolated to lowbie flashpoints, whereas 55HMs have been the chainpulling types that can hold their own and cause some chaos while we catch up.

:rak_03:

i had to alt tab to write this:

zone inside athiss hm on a tank to get rid of blue 53 earpiece since i'm at 99 ultimate comms..healer mando is in armor piercing but i don't say anything..another dps is ''finishing class story'' so we wait and the third seems to be clueless seen how he follows me in the explosives cave, but doesn't help me at all..while i fight the mando healer leaves, probably because no one replyed at his ''can we do bonus for deco?''. one dps asks the other to queue us..the other gives lead away and leaves..the first gives me lead and leaves..3 new people for ignore

i had to alt tab to write this:

zone inside athiss hm on a tank to get rid of blue 53 earpiece since i'm at 99 ultimate comms..healer mando is in armor piercing but i don't say anything..another dps is ''finishing class story'' so we wait and the third seems to be clueless seen how he follows me in the explosives cave, but doesn't help me at all..while i fight the mando healer leaves, probably because no one replyed at his ''can we do bonus for deco?''. one dps asks the other to queue us..the other gives lead away and leaves..the first gives me lead and leaves..3 new people for ignore

Aha, that is alt tab worthy indeed. I've done a few myself where I ended up finishing with a completely different group than the one I started with. When they leave in quick succession like that, I am either stunned speechless, or start laughing at the complete ridiculousness of what just happened. :D

Aha, that is alt tab worthy indeed. I've done a few myself where I ended up finishing with a completely different group than the one I started with. When they leave in quick succession like that, I am either stunned speechless, or start laughing at the complete ridiculousness of what just happened. :D

didn't have the time to say a word..just came here laughing before my brain could remove the episode

First of all thanks for all the stories, I'm a better player because I've read them all!

I always wondered if I'd have any worthy of this thread, just had a couple that I think make the cut.

I have a 55 Madness Sorc and a 55 Op heals (I'm pretty part time, don't have too much time to devote to the game, which is the only mmo I play).

I decided I'd like to level a Jugg for a change since I'm mostly gearing the other two up and trying to move from FP to Operations when I can.

1) The tank who wouldn't pull - Zone in to Hammer Station on my Veng Jugg (around level 20 at the time) we have a PT tank, not sure what the other two were. We kept approaching mobs and waiting for him to pull, sometimes he would, sometimes he'd just stand there. The other DPS and healer kept asking him to pull and were getting pretty frustrated. Sometimes he'd open with death from above and sometimes he'd just wait for someone else to start! Eventually he must have noticed the group chat demanding that he pull, so he starts typing back. What did he respond? an explanation? an insult? Oh no, he'd type

> ATTACK!!!

or > GO, GO, GO!!!

I guess that was his idea of pulling?:eek:

I ended up tanking most of the FP, it was only hammer station, so no biggie.

I thought he was really bad, but I noticed that he guarded me and not the healer, maybe he was trolling?

2) The Tank and Heals that almost ruined it - After levelling my Op heals through FPs, I'm hating the DPS wait times, but after an hour my Jugg (now around 26) gets an Athiss pop. Nice and easy, no problems. We have an Op heals, Jugg tanks and I think a Mara dps. Everything is fine until we get outside, the op starts cc'ing mobs so we can avoid them, but then the tank keeps force charging, breaking cc and starting combat. I'm not worried, I actually really like my Jugg, combat's fun after levelling my heals, but heals starts freaking out. They get into it in chat and the healer just stops healing the tank, tank keeps pulling but with no heals isn't lasting too long. They're going back and forth in chat and the healer is firm, no heals unless the tank "promises no to break cc." This went on for a while, with me mostly saying let's just go, I waited an hour, let's just finish! Eventually we get to one of the mobs with a couple golds and some silvers and I notice I'm getting heals. At the end of the fight, the tank says nice job tanking. I was worried he was po'd so I said I didn't mean too, but he had bailed part way through combat because he was getting healed and he wants me take over tanking. I've never really tanked, have no gear and no field respec, but I want to finish the FP, so I switch forms and tank from the beast onward. No deaths, except the tank on the prophet, I think he was hit with affliction and the healer still didn't heal him. Maybe I should invest in field respec?

It was pretty funny, but mostly I was just glad to get through to the end!

Hope you enjoyed and thanks again for all the great stories!

First of all thanks for all the stories, I'm a better player because I've read them all!

I always wondered if I'd have any worthy of this thread, just had a couple that I think make the cut.

I have a 55 Madness Sorc and a 55 Op heals (I'm pretty part time, don't have too much time to devote to the game, which is the only mmo I play).

I decided I'd like to level a Jugg for a change since I'm mostly gearing the other two up and trying to move from FP to Operations when I can.

1) The tank who wouldn't pull - Zone in to Hammer Station on my Veng Jugg (around level 20 at the time) we have a PT tank, not sure what the other two were. We kept approaching mobs and waiting for him to pull, sometimes he would, sometimes he'd just stand there. The other DPS and healer kept asking him to pull and were getting pretty frustrated. Sometimes he'd open with death from above and sometimes he'd just wait for someone else to start! Eventually he must have noticed the group chat demanding that he pull, so he starts typing back. What did he respond? an explanation? an insult? Oh no, he'd type

> ATTACK!!!

or > GO, GO, GO!!!

I guess that was his idea of pulling?:eek:

I ended up tanking most of the FP, it was only hammer station, so no biggie.

I thought he was really bad, but I noticed that he guarded me and not the healer, maybe he was trolling?

2) The Tank and Heals that almost ruined it - After levelling my Op heals through FPs, I'm hating the DPS wait times, but after an hour my Jugg (now around 26) gets an Athiss pop. Nice and easy, no problems. We have an Op heals, Jugg tanks and I think a Mara dps. Everything is fine until we get outside, the op starts cc'ing mobs so we can avoid them, but then the tank keeps force charging, breaking cc and starting combat. I'm not worried, I actually really like my Jugg, combat's fun after levelling my heals, but heals starts freaking out. They get into it in chat and the healer just stops healing the tank, tank keeps pulling but with no heals isn't lasting too long. They're going back and forth in chat and the healer is firm, no heals unless the tank "promises no to break cc." This went on for a while, with me mostly saying let's just go, I waited an hour, let's just finish! Eventually we get to one of the mobs with a couple golds and some silvers and I notice I'm getting heals. At the end of the fight, the tank says nice job tanking. I was worried he was po'd so I said I didn't mean too, but he had bailed part way through combat because he was getting healed and he wants me take over tanking. I've never really tanked, have no gear and no field respec, but I want to finish the FP, so I switch forms and tank from the beast onward. No deaths, except the tank on the prophet, I think he was hit with affliction and the healer still didn't heal him. Maybe I should invest in field respec?

It was pretty funny, but mostly I was just glad to get through to the end!

Hope you enjoyed and thanks again for all the great stories!

Concerning your second scenario, that's just a case of inflexible players. I've been in some parties where tank had this "kill em all" mentality and I've been healer so I partly sympathise with the healer but another thing that was clearly lacking is communication. I'm certain if the healer had just nicely suggested that with his/her CC, they wouldn't have to chop through every living thing in front of them, maybe the the tank could've reasoned with that. Instead he/she simply assumed that he was going to avoid everything a la metal gear solid.

Communication is key in flashpoints. Sometime it works. Sometime it doesn't but at least something is gained.

Just had a nice, fun S&V run through GF. :)

We premade the team, began as 16m and turned into 8m after weekly. In the end we were 2 Juggernaut Tanks, me on my DPS Sorc, a Marauder DPS, a Sniper, another DPS Sorc, a Sorc Healer and a Merc Healer.

So, at first one of the tanks wants to go on to the money boss as an 8 ppl 16m. No need to say we die at the first big pull out of Thrasher's arena... :rolleyes:

We respawn outside, turn it into an 8m, pop GF and reenter.

Things go well for a while, till the droid buying boss. Can't remember the name atm, sadly, but you probably know the one I mean, the twi'lek guy that has you fight fat buyers and bodyguards first, then the droids you don't purchase with the tokens the buyers drop when killed.

First funny episode here. :D

Things went great till the upper level was filled with poison gas. The offtank - the one that wanted to do the bonus boss as an 8 ppl 16 men :rolleyes: - types in chat to get to the elevator, and we all do. I see him standing htere as I go downstairs myself... But then... he dies there. He forgot to press the button. And wrote in chat "Whoops, sorry. Thought it was automatic". :D

Now, the way things work, we thought it'd have been a wipe, since we had only 1 tank and noone else with taunts... But in the end a clever threat switching between the pro Merc Healer, the Sniper and me (Sorc DPS, Lightning Spec) made it possible to win the fight.

Kudos to the healers for keeping us alive, it was tougher than it may seem on this page. :cool:

Then, after the Cartel Warlords, we entered the tunnel with the crazed Mercs. And they always ganged on the Marauder, for whatever reason. He died there, once... And commented on how those cowards ran to the one with the shortest *****. Yeah, he was the less geared of us all, being in 156s, but that sounded so wrong when he wrote it... :D

After that, things went smooth, we had no issues whatsoever apart from the Sorc Healer falling off the bridge holes before the last boss. This was the third funny episode, because he said he knew where he was going right as he stepped into the hole... :D Though he was on his first run, so even though he may have known where he was headed to, well... That's not surprising. :p

We spent the whole run joking on that, the Tank's death beforehand and the way I and the Sniper kept ripping aggro through Guards during mob pulls, while of course using threat drops on CD... :o

In the end, we downed every boss on first attempt, without struggling too much.

Sure, on the last boss I had to pull the Sorc Healer under Styrak's skirt a couple of times, during the giant phantom phase with the square of death closing in... :rolleyes: But no biggie, I guess. :p

We laughed a lot afterwards, also posing on the throne and such. Some took pics of themselves on the throne, but I have my Dreadful one in my Dromund Kaas SH, so I didn't myself. Still, we spent a few minutes lolling and joking together as we got out, then parted ways with a few more laughs. It was a great run, even though a couple of times we had a Weird Moment Alert. :)