The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

yesterday i was bad tank ...

try do little conquest point ...

1 queue: 38k hp dps+41k hp dps ... leave group

2 attempt: 41k hp dps+44k hp dps ... bor ... leave group

3 try: 41k hp dps+50k hp (186 comm gear) dps ... okey let try. dom 1st boss only 10% till shield down ... leave group

Edited by Snean

Okay, there's been a lot of stories (crying?) about bad players and bad experiences here. Granted, I've had my fair share and as much as I want to tell you guys, time for something different.

Time to break the mold.

Nothing earthshattering mind you. It won't blow minds or whatnot. Just going for a chance of pace.

HM Rishi. I'm on my Vigilance Guardian. I got a great combat sent as a DPS partner, a so-so VG tank, and a so-so sage heals.

So what do I ask? "Wanna try the bonus?"

None of them have ever done it, but they're game. The tank has trouble holding aggro against the sent and me through the entire FP. I'm not totally surprised, but the both us could take care of ourselves. Plus, as a bonus, the tank is quick to taunt when he loses aggro instead of trying to DPS it back. We get through the bosses okayish, the mobs are harder on the tank, who nearly dies a couple of times. Heals is trying.

We get to the bonus boss, I teach them the mechanics. We die instantly. Sent stayed in the AOE and got 5 stacks, tank got blown away, sage heals is flustered cause cleansing-on-demand is apparently hard for some folks. However, next time around, we get to the mass AOE... and die, cause now it's the sage heals staying in the circles. But the sent got the mechanic pretty quickly.

After a couple more tries and deaths, I ask if any wanna stop. They don't, cause interestingly enough, we were progressing. Next time around, we got past the first AOE and all, and the heals got so excited, the tank died from lack of heals. XD

Patience was the attitude of the day with this group. So we all march back in. Two more tries later, I'm standing triumphantly over the bonus boss who just shot himself in the face courtesy of Saber Reflect, with Focused Defense taking the edge off the dot after the heals falls dead to the same dot. But everyone was cheering for their first clear of the bonus boss with a PuG no less.

We totally raped the last boss without problems. ::cool:

Edited by LuxDragon

Get a KDY pop on my Jugg tank, it's already in progress. Hangar scenario, the first side room is open. Everyone looks ready, so I go in. Get killed because it turns out that 2 of the others, rather than fight, were running around in circles and hopping around like bunnies in the main hangar area. Recognizing a lost cause when I see it, I drop group when I rez.

Do a KDY on my sin, make sure it's not the same group - but the people from the first group are trash talking each other in /general. Man, why do FPs even HAVE a /general?

Edited by EranofArcadia

yesterday i was bad tank ...

try do little conquest point ...

1 queue: 38k hp dps+41k hp dps ... leave group

2 attempt: 41k hp dps+44k hp dps ... bor ... leave group

3 try: 41k hp dps+50k hp (186 comm gear) dps ... okey let try. dom 1st boss only 10% till shield down ... leave group

Judging people on gear alone is a poor indicator of future performance.

Anyway...running ToS. Guy was an operative healer. Mind you I main an op healer, so I was utterly disgusted with this guy very quick. He only used kolto waves, and recup nano. No probes on people. I was a dps in that specific raid...never got a single heal from him. We asked him what he effectively heals per fight (we were pretty sure he doesn't parse but why not ask). Guy says I routinely prase 980 ehps. So I whispered him after the raid to see if he wanted some pointers. I didn't say anything offense just "hey I main an op heals, do you want help?" I got a "F YOU" and ignored...which being ignored by this guy doesn't matter. I'm sure he was getting flack from multiple please and just expected I was going to be a d bag as well. But in the end, worst healer I've ever encountered. I gave the other healer in the group massive credit for carrying a sm ToS run on her back. Pretty impressed with her there. It was just...I mean...offensive really to see someone do that with an operative healer. Just jaw droopingly bad.

Battle of RIshi tactical. Had quite a spread in this group. Can't remember exact levels and classes, but HPs were from 34K to over 50K. I was on my 60 Sorc Healer and there was another lvl 60 also. Other two lower levels but no biggie due to bolster.

Zone in and I am there with just the two lowbies. Not only is the other 60 not there, but his life bar is down to 65% or so. Okay, whatever, he's finishing up a quest. It happens we can wait. Those of us who are on Rishi say our hellos etc. Nothing from our 4th. HP bar still showing he's in a battle. We wait. After about 4 min, he types in chat "In a boss battle. 18% left." Sheesh. I guess it was nice of him to let us know.

We wait another 3-4 minutes and he finally zones in. We set off and our team is like a heavy-duty lawn mower over the tall grass. I mean we hardly stop when killing trash. Okay maybe 3 GCDs for Gold Elites, but we are murdering this instance! Minimal damage to anyone, quick kills, etc.

All is great, until the first cut scene. At this point is it clear that one of our lowbies has not been here before and wants to watch the scenes. Well, one member of our party (you guessed it....Mr. "I'll queue for GF and THEN start another mission") cannot abide this and begins the standard "SB", "Space Bar", "Space Bar you Noobs" kind of trash talk in chat. Of course, I am hitting space bar, as I have no wish to watch these a quadrillionth time, but I don't mind waiting at all while someone else, who has never been here, watches them. I've never had a problem with this. I guess my life is so boring that I don't mind waiting 45 seconds.

Thankfully, the innocent one who is watching (i.e. making us wait) is ignoring the idiot calling us all noobs. This goes on the whole run, newcomer watches all scenes and Mr. Impatient spams the "space bar" , "hurry up noobs" crap, until near the end I finally decide to speak up.....

Me: "Hey (impatient's name) we waited like 8 minutes for you to zone in, remember?"

Impatient: "I was in a boss battle. What's your excuse?"

Really? So his time is more valuable than our time is, right? How can people be so awful and self centered?

I think BW needs to add a new "Tool Tip". Here's how it would work...after a group mission is completed, at least half the group must vote to label a toon as a "Tool". That toon gets a debuff that lasts 8 hours. Every time another player mouses over that toon, a large bright yellow box shows up on the middle of the screen (say 6" x 2") that just says "TOOL". So we can all be warned in advance! Meanwhile, that 6"x2" bright yellow "TOOL" box is permanently in the middle of that toon's screen for the same 8 hours.

Just a thought. (heavy sigh)

snip

There was a time, months and months ago, back before 3.0 when my sniper was in 168's. I was on makeb running dailies and a person calls for group for the H4. I whisper for invite, we soon get another 2 and the 3 of us go and wait by the entrance. We are waiting 10 minutes and I ask him if he is coming, he tells us that he is doing his dailies and is on his way. 10 minutes becomes 20, then 30. It gets to 32 minutes (based upon the clock on my quickbar) and I ask this guy if hes coming (he said he was 22 minutes ago). He tells me hes nearly done the weekly 1st stage and will be there once hes completed it. I write in group chat for everyone to leave, I will re-invite the other 2 and we can 3-man it, and tell this guy to whisper me for invite when he feels like gracing us with his presence.

We all quit, I start a 3-man group and we get going, soon the mara whispers for invite, I invite him and we continue to 3-man with him absent. 5 minutes after he whispered for invite he still hasnt turned up and we have used to taxi to reach to spaceship/hover-platform thingy. I tell him to get to us quick otherwise he will be at a different part of the mission from us, he says he is on his way and has a go at me for being so impatient. We wait another 5 minutes and I ask him where he is. He says "I am on my weekly, just wait".

I kick him from group and we complete, all throughout the mara is filling general chat about how annoying people are and why do they have no patience.

On my jugg tank, doing my daily comms run, 1 tfp, 1 55 HM, 1 60 HM and soloing a 50HM and 1 of the emerging conflicts V dailies. The HM 60 is a mannan one. After the first boss the healer quits, saying something about guild members calling for an ops run. I later get a whisper from them telling me to l2p, that they dont run with noob tanks. when I reply I get a list of my mistakes:

1: guarding dps

2: not holding aggro on the 2 droids in the mannan first boss

3: being bossy (I had written 3 things: "hi", "dps on enemy healers first please" and "all know it?" at the first boss)

4: poor rotation, they never saw me use ravage with my jugg tank

5: poor survivability, they kept having to heal me

6: not gearing properly, I had shield augments on when I should get some endurance high ones (I didn't know there were endurance high mk-10's)

HM 55 was cad. As soon as we zone in the healer and 1 dps quit, I suppose they dont want to get an easy 10 elite comms for 15 minutes of half-a**ed gameplay. I get Jeasa out, my only geared comp, with 186 augmented stuff. The merc dps gets his mako and we 2-man it with comps.

Get to the first boss and the merc runs into the cage so the droid arrests me and we wipe. He says this is too difficult to 2-man, I explain the fight, and that we can do it if we follow mechanics but he insists its impossible to 2-man at level 60 so we clear so enemies for the bonus while waiting. We get new members, and throughout the run it becomes clear both dps are clueless and me and the healer do it all between the 2 of us. So much for it cant be 2-manned.

TFP, blood hunt. I zone in and 1 of the people puts vote kick on me reason: "tank will slow us down we need dps" and it goes through. Apparently only groups of 4 dps are allowed to do tfp's.

Edited by BobFredJohn

There was a time, months and months ago, back before 3.0 when my sniper was in 168's. I was on makeb running dailies and a person calls for group for the H4. I whisper for invite, we soon get another 2 and the 3 of us go and wait by the entrance. We are waiting 10 minutes and I ask him if he is coming, he tells us that he is doing his dailies and is on his way. 10 minutes becomes 20, then 30. It gets to 32 minutes (based upon the clock on my quickbar) and I ask this guy if hes coming (he said he was 22 minutes ago). He tells me hes nearly done the weekly 1st stage and will be there once hes completed it. I write in group chat for everyone to leave, I will re-invite the other 2 and we can 3-man it, and tell this guy to whisper me for invite when he feels like gracing us with his presence.

We all quit, I start a 3-man group and we get going, soon the mara whispers for invite, I invite him and we continue to 3-man with him absent. 5 minutes after he whispered for invite he still hasnt turned up and we have used to taxi to reach to spaceship/hover-platform thingy. I tell him to get to us quick otherwise he will be at a different part of the mission from us, he says he is on his way and has a go at me for being so impatient. We wait another 5 minutes and I ask him where he is. He says "I am on my weekly, just wait".

I kick him from group and we complete, all throughout the mara is filling general chat about how annoying people are and why do they have no patience.

Oh man, that's even worse! it's as if these folks think that the second "M" in MMO, stands for "Multi NPC" and that the basic rules of common decency, for dealing with fellow human beings, need not be heeded. Sad.

Regarding self-absorbed snowflakes who think that they're playing in a vacuum, and that other PC group-members are, at best, advanced-AI NPC spear-carriers:

It occurs to me that the original EverQuest is still going after all these years...And not in "maintenance mode" either --There even appears to be a new expansion coming.

I wonder how long all these useless **** would last over there, and how easily they'd be able to find groups come attunement-grind time?

2: not holding aggro on the 2 droids in the mannan first boss

It is actually very helpful and easy to hold aggro on the 2 droids. You might wanna work on that.

- The incoming damage is not spread out among the entire group and better mitigeated by the tank's gear which makes life easier for the healer

- The DPS can hammer their rotations without being bothered by the pull attack of the droids which makes the fight a bit faster and smoother, because if one DPS gets pulled more often than the other the shield phases on the droids can easily get out of sync.

- You can actually trap the boss in the pull attack of the droids which interrupts/stuns him for a short period of time which of course decreases incoming damage. And besides that it is so much fun everytime you manage to get him caught by the droids.

A tank ignoring the droids actually makes this fight very painful and annoying for the entire group imo.

Edited by Rithoma

A level 56 sent on oricon. They used 1 lightsabre and had 14k hp.

14k at 56????

My Commando had 18k at 50 (full set of 140 purples from the Makeb basicomm vendor, I got very tired of stomping the Ord Mantell heroics!). How can someone get all the way to 56 without working this stuff out and/or reading about it? (Yeah, I know, it is done all the time, and that's why this thread exists. But I still don't get how you can do it.)

HM Rishi. I'm tanking on my shadow. There was a sage heals and a watchman sent. The watchman sent was in 186/192 mix, giving him around 45k HP. We go through the entire FP without any problems whatsoever.

The other DPS disconnects before the final boss. We wait a few minutes, then was forced to kick him. A guardian DPS comes in. Focus spec. He has 50k HP.

We start the fight, everyone goes to one shield. The guardian goes to the other, but he's at 70%, so no big deal.

AOE ends, we all jump back in. The boss does his cross AOE attack. Both melee DPS die. Vanish didn't work, so I just jump into the pit to save some money while sage heals gets nuked.

Crap happens, so I shrug it off and prepare to pull again. That's when the guardian DPS does a vote to kick the sent. "Undergeared" was the stupid reason. I immediately vote no, cause the sent pulled his weight and didn't make any mistakes leading up to the final boss. He didn't die on the other bosses, we didn't wipe, nothing happened. The sage heals must've voted yes, cause the sent was gone 30 seconds later.

This guy shows up, goes to the wrong shield, stands in the wrong AOE, dies, and then votes to kick the sent off cause he's "undergeared"? Pissed me off something fierce when elitist jerks like that thinks he can judge.

I tell them to find a new tank, cause I can find a new FP, quit the group, whisper to the sent to give him my apologies and told him that I left those fools high and dry. I would've offered to tank an FP for him, but I had to get back to RL.

Edited by LuxDragon

[...]

Pissed me off something fierce when elitist jerks like that thinks he can judge.

[...]

Correction: elitist jerk is someone with a bad behaviour who knows what he's doing. :p

It wasn't the case of your story, imo. I'd call that guy a clueless feeble-minded instead, I think it fits better. :D

Like those guys who claim Assassins can't tank because of light armor. Or those who claim a DPS [insert Whatever Class with the possibility to Heal or Tank Here] can Heal/Tank without respeccing nor switching gear because the class has that option. ;)

HP are misleading most of the times, as I learned back whn 55 was top level. Many ppl had lots of HP due to comms gear, but were able to hit more weakly than a fly... I rarely, if ever, consider HPs as a qualifying criteria to divide good players from bad ones. :rolleyes:

My daily run of 1 tfp, 1 HM 55, 1 HM 60 and soloing D7 HM and SM for those 35 basics

First I get a tfp, mannan and everything goes smoothly, both dps die in ortol, one saying the phone was ringing and the other had dc'd. Now thats bad luck lol.

Then a 60 HM, tython. Im on my 48k jugg tank, theres a 50k sorc healer, 50k sniper dps and 48k jugg dps. I am running towards the sniper and sorc who have moved on ahead while I was still zoning in. They decide to pull the first group with just the 2 of them. By the time I get there the sniper is dead and sorc at low hp, I jump in and grab aggro, and finish the fight with no heals as the sorc is healing himself. They then res the sniper whilst the other dps is coming over and the sniper writes "nice tanking noob". I cant be bothered answering such a stupid comment.

We do the next few pulls with the sniper often pulling before me, opening with aoe (suppressive fire) and the healer spamming storm instead of healing. After afew pulls the jugg asks us to wait as he respecs (he was a tank). Despite him saying this in chat the sniper pulls the next group, dies again then I clean up his mess. He throws another tantrum and I suggest he should let the tank pull.

I get to pull all the other pulls and get to the first boss. I write "all know it?" and both dps write "yes" and the healer stays quiet, so I pull. Both dps get killed in the first round of orbital strikes without making any effort to drag them towards the adds. We wipe and run back, I write "if you dont know please says before we wipe, and its especially stupid to type yes when you dont know." The jugg dps apologises, stating he only knows the tactic where the 3 of them stand at the bottom of the stairs, so I explain the fight on the basis that we are geared well enough to do it the normal way.

However the sniper doesnt listen and doesnt drag his orbital to the enemy so we only hit 3 of them. The healer then ends up dying as they are stood still healing the sniper who has stood in the orbital and the healer gets hit with another orbital.

I explain the fight again and explain to the healer that I cannot instantly grab aggro on 4 enemies in 4 seperate corners and they will have to pop a DCD, especially considering the enemies turn up with a shield so I cant generate decent aggro until after the orbital strikes.

We try again and this time the sniper moves his orbital where it should be and then moves out of it. However he then proceeds to tunnel vision the boss rather than help with the 4 adds. I bring this up at the end and he tells me to learn to tank being telling him how to dps. We carry on and at the second boss, rather than taking out the 2 droids who hang around before the first stealth the sniper shoots the boss. I ask them to follow kill order then we complete.

I speak up about the dps's complete lack of any clue as to how to do anything at all. They tell me to f-off and link a NiM DF achievement. I point out that I dont give a flying toss what ops he has been carried through, I will judge and correct him based upon what he does in the mission. I mention the pulling before the tank, opening with aoe and not following kill order at which point he replies "link your NiM ops then". I tell him I havent done any (I had done NiM DF and DP but that means nothing in tython HM) and at this point the healer decides this clearly demonstrates the sniper is the epitomy of perfect gaming and clearly they cant possibly be doing anything wrong.

On the final boss the sniper decides to repay my correcting his mistakes by writing "aggro, noob" in chat whenever he gets aggro, which only happens directly after the aggro dump mechanics. After the 3rd time I mention aggro dump mechanics and that an ops expert ought to know about those. He carries on writing "aggro, noob" every time the boss dumps. I get fed up and after 1 boss aggro dump dont jump back in, watch the sniper die, type "DCD's, noob" then grab aggro back and complete.

The final cutsecene is accompanied by a list of the snipers achievements, including finding all datacrons on hutta. The healer also decides to point out how pro the sniper clearly is with all those achievements. At the end I link my ToS achiements, my NiM DF, NiM DP (granted I only got that after reaching level 60 and I was dps and both were guild runs with full groups of high geared level 60's, but he didnt know that) and my living legend one.

Edited by BobFredJohn

Zone in and I am there with just the two lowbies. Not only is the other 60 not there, but his life bar is down to 65% or so. Okay, whatever, he's finishing up a quest. It happens we can wait. Those of us who are on Rishi say our hellos etc. Nothing from our 4th. HP bar still showing he's in a battle. We wait. After about 4 min, he types in chat "In a boss battle. 18% left." Sheesh. I guess it was nice of him to let us know.

Revan? You do realize that it takes almost 10 minutes to dps him down?

This happened to me once when we were doing Manaan and 4th member didn't zone in. We got to first boss and I asked if he/she was coming and got reply "Fighting Revan". Less surprising Manaan was tactical version so 4th group member isn't even required.

I get fed up and after 1 boss aggro dump dont jump back in, watch the sniper die, type "DCD's, noob" then grab aggro back and complete

I tell them to find a new tank, cause I can find a new FP, quit the group, whisper to the sent to give him my apologies and told him that I left those fools high and dry. I would've offered to tank an FP for him, but I had to get back to RL.

^^ These two!!

ROFLMAO!! You guys are my heroes! I wish I had presence of mind, and quick thinking to react this way to JERKS! Mostly, I get decent groups, so when bad behavior happens I'm mostly stunned till it's over, then I think of all the stuff I SHOULD have done/said. Thanks for the laughs!

Just had a run that has left me scratching my head. HM Korriban. Tank has about 50k, DPS 1 about 46k, DPS about 48k and Heals about 53k. 2nd boss, the droid, enrages at 38% HP, both DPS die pretty quickly after the enrage, healer and tank manage to make stay up till the boss hits 2%...and the healer gets blammed for the wipe. I know people like to blame the healer for everything, but when a boss enrages, thats a DPS issue, not a healer one.

It's rare for me to see the boss enrage... as a DPS, I mean. But I've seen it as a tank/heals.

Were both DPS melee?

Why does it matter? You need ~4.9k dps for this boss to kill him before enrage. Meaning 900 for the tank, which is extremely low considering that there have been 2.2k dummy tank parses, and 2k for each dps. This isn't even remotely hard to achieve. You can do this permanently autoattacking in halfway decent gear. There's really no excuse for this boss to go enrage at such high HP.

Dummy parses are significantly different from fights.

Parses are your maximum "potential" DPS, w/o mechanics or damage, or AOE's to avoid or whatnot.

It matters a ton if they're melee cause the boss craps on melee classes.

Yeah melee classes are trolled on that boss but I dont consider that an excuse. Be it only for the reason that on 1 korriban HM run I was on both dps were melee and beat the second boss with no issues.

But yeah people going "ooh dummy parses really high" is utterly irrelevant when it comes to actually dpsing in a fight. Whens the last time you had to interrupt your ambush cast to avoid an aoe thrown out by the dummy, or let you dot run out because you cant get near the dummy for afew seconds. The whole dummy thing is for people who think dps is about numbers, ignoring adds and interrupts etc.

Edited by BobFredJohn

But yeah people going "ooh dummy parses really high" is utterly irrelevant when it comes to actually dpsing in a fight.

I've even done it twice with this "rotation"

http://parsely.io/parser/view/21553 (by rotation I mean not smashing Annihilate/Deadly Saber on CD)

Though it was with Merc/Sniper dps as second dps.

I've since improved.

3rd group was a bit more casual with 3 melees (Jugg, 2x Mara). We almost did it on our first attempt though. Got boss to 5-7% range when people started dying. When healer dies there's nothing really for others to do. We tried multiple times but never got anywhere near our first attempt. Main issue for me is the small combat area causing unwanted resets mid-fight.

Edited by Halinalle

Dummy parses are significantly different from fights.

Parses are your maximum "potential" DPS, w/o mechanics or damage, or AOE's to avoid or whatnot.

It matters a ton if they're melee cause the boss craps on melee classes.

I'm pretty sure Torvai is aware of that. I think he meant if a tank can manage 2,2k on a dummy, 900 shouldn't be a problem during a fight. Anyway, it's - from my experience - not so much an issue of melee or ranged, but tactics. My first encounter with Korriban HM was on my sent. We wiped twice on the droid. Because the tank insisted on both melees taking down the adds who were always on the healer who stood approximately ten miles away from the boss. I always died before enrage (and just for the record, I do move out of brightly colored circles, am more of a black and white person anyway). Third try with different healer/tank and simply cuddling at the boss (sans circle-time) was a cakewalk (and I've not died on that boss since). So it's not always on the dps. But it can be of course, not denying that. :p

Edited by Padabiene

I'm pretty sure Torvai is aware of that. I think he meant if a tank can manage 2,2k on a dummy, 900 shouldn't be a problem during a fight.

Exactly. Especially since a tank has a lot of resource problems fighting a dummy, since most of their resource regen comes from defending/shielding attacks. And as we all know, the dummy doesn't shoot back ;)

The whole dummy thing is for people who think dps is about numbers, ignoring adds and interrupts etc.

No, the dummy parses are there to show what's the maximum achievable under optimal circumstances, with any given gear set. Of course those numbers will get down(most of the time) in an actual fight.

But you really mean to tell me, that a melee can't meet the dps requirement for this fight with a halfway proper rotation(~2k per dps depending on how much your tank is doing), when a decent geared mando can do it using autoattack?

Is it easier with 2 rdps? Sure. But as said, there's no excuse for hitting enrage in this fight if your dps both life up to that point(if not, then it's clearly

:p).

Especially not at 38%, as was stated, which means that the group dps was only 3k. I can do this on my guardian alone in this fight, and I suck at dpsing because I'm a tank most of the time.

Edited by Torvai

I said on fleet already: "I don't have access to unlettered 186 mods."

Only one of my Cybertechs who has reached 500 can only craft A mods (Bs too but those aren't for Sentinels/Marauders).

Yes, that would be DP/DF NiM. Can't get to group when I'm "undergeared".

Don't worry to much about people saying that you are undergeared for something. Most of the time they are incorrect. At least in the 'easier' content.

Back when 180 gear was the max I did a EV HM run. Apparently a guy who had 162 arkanian gear was undergeared for it and he wasnt allowed to participate at the council fight .......

Some weeks ago when macy was lv57 I did a TfB HM run. After some wipes due to very very very bad opsleading and silly mistakes by people I tried suggesting an alternative way. The opsleader however didn't want to listen to any reason and told me that it didnt helped either that I was undergeared. Mind you that I was in 180/186 token gear from DF/DP HM/NiM. Plus I already had ripped aggro off the lv60 tanks quite some times.

Granted, the 3.0 patch might have nerfed my damage a bit but certainly NOT to the level of an ops that requires being in full 162 gear (since it drops 168).

Long story short. A lot people mis interpret being lesser geared for undergeared.