Silence of the devs

Ottoattack

I don't think anyone is claiming that bolster is a horrible idea. I think people at this point don't think Bioware can fix it to the point it works the way it should and want it removed as a result. If bolster worked to bring pve gear up to just under partisan gear level I think everyone would have been happy with that, unfortunately that isn't the case and pvp has been a crapshoot of who is exploiting the bolster bugs since.

Luckily I play on a server that in ranked warzones we are not seeing many exploit this bug with a few exceptions and these people have been reported (as if that means anything).

"Enjoying" the bolster system sounds more like you are turning a blind eye to the major flaws of it in its current iteration though. Wake up, if this remains much longer you will lose a lot of the pvp community.

Sorry Yoda, I do actually "enjoy" the majority of the new Bolster system. You can call me names or make fun, But I enjoy the tighter games. It sounds like you don't enjoy the new bolster system which stinks for you.

Edited by Genttry

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And again; You are not saying anything about boosting PvP gear to the same level as the best PvE gear - just remove bolster and it's fine, huh?

Can't speak for the dude you were quoting, but I'd like to see expertise completely removed and have PvP and PvE gear be one of the same with two ways of getting it. Either grind PvP or grind PvE, the gear is the same. Make it look different to distinguish and maybe add a different set bonus that is beneficial to the way you attained it...but overall, make them the same.

Can't speak for the dude you were quoting, but I'd like to see expertise completely removed and have PvP and PvE gear be one of the same with two ways of getting it. Either grind PvP or grind PvE, the gear is the same. Make it look different to distinguish and maybe add a different set bonus that is beneficial to the way you attained it...but overall, make them the same.

Interesting idea...definitely inclusive...it will also allow PvP'ers to jump into end game PvE. I'd argue to maybe even keep set bonuses the same. Interesting.

Even Bolster is right now, is much better than the crap that was 50 Wz pre 2.0. And is NOT the PvP community, is YOU!.

They WONT remove Bolster, if you dont understand that, grow up. You are crying about PvEers but i didnt see you asking for a nerf when a guy joined Ops with Battlemaster gear or WarHero augmented. Or FPs Hards. Maybe in PvP you was not able to do the hardest OPs but the normal ones, yes. So pls, stop crying about disadvantages. Let PvE players also play Normal Warzones without using a stupid Recruit gear and be able to have fun as well instead of being destroyed cos gear means all.

And was NOT having fun being destroyed by Battlemaster guys who got the gear exploiting Ilum. Or trying to gear up one of my alts with 0 expertise or later, the retard Recruit gear. The way to get the War Hero was painful and NOT fun.

Bolster is here to stay and i agree. And i a PvP player too. Just need to be fixed, thats all.

Actually the problems that currently exist at 55 are:

- Augment exploit

- Fine tuning bolster

- 72 PvE main and offhand are BiS (should be the Conq, as gear)

Edited by Aetideus

Interesting idea...definitely inclusive...it will also allow PvP'ers to jump into end game PvE. I'd argue to maybe even keep set bonuses the same. Interesting.

I'd actually say keep the set bonuses "content"-specific. The reason is this may be a more simplistic way of addressing class balance that is only significant in one part of the game. For example, Gunnery Commandos before 2.0 (I think the jury is still out at least in PvP due to bolster still being wonky) could put up respectable numbers in PvE but were too easily shutdown in PvP. In other words, their problems were mostly limited to PvP. So make their PvP set bonus something which addresses those problems in that part of the game (ie. lowering cooldowns on specific abilities, making one ability hit harder after using one immediately before, etc). Creating set bonuses in this way could help cut back on the complaints which follow ever major class balancing (They nerfed my class because of PvP! They nerfed my class because of PvE!).

Edited by SpaniardInfinity
There != their

I'd actually say keep the set bonuses "content"-specific. The reason is this may be a more simplistic way of addressing class balance that is only significant in one part of the game. For example, Gunnery Commandos before 2.0 (I think the jury is still out at least in PvP due to bolster still being wonky) could put up respectable numbers in PvE but were too easily shutdown in PvP. In other words, their problems were mostly limited to PvP. So make their PvP set bonus something which addresses those problems in that part of the game (ie. lowering cooldowns on specific abilities, making one ability hit harder after using one immediately before, etc). Creating set bonuses in this way could help cut back on the complaints which follow ever major class balancing (They nerfed my class because of PvP! They nerfed my class because of PvE!).

Makes sense to me. My only concern is that, upon changing set bonuses, you have to grind 2 sets of gear: one for pvp and one for pve. However, if the stats on the gear for PvE and PvP remain the same, except for set bonuses, then the new bolster system still retains the advantage of leveling the playing field enough in my opinion. Fair point, friend. Maybe changing the bonuses can address some class balancing issues.

Edited by Genttry

And lol, you're saying you don't advocate for PvE gear having an advantage over PvP gear in Open World PvP?

How about this:

Haha, you're not even suggesting any "even playing field". YOU are the one who wants an "IWIN" button, while i probably would even support the idea of some form of bolster in the open world, just to get more interesting fights. You are quite the bag of fail.

Im done talking with you here, you hypocrite. But hope we meet in the open world some day soon :D

Really, your arguments make zero sense. You don't even encourage a discussion. This is not PvP, there is no "winner" in forum arguments, we try to find a solution for problems here. So if you can't get to grips with that you really should refrain from posting.

Really, your arguments make zero sense. You don't even encourage a discussion. This is not PvP, there is no "winner" in forum arguments, we try to find a solution for problems here. So if you can't get to grips with that you really should refrain from posting.

+1 reputation!

Here is an idea: Get rid of the worthless Expertise and let people PVP in the gear they have. Problem solved.

There is absolutely NO POINT in having two separate sets of gear.

Yes there is. It's called giving PvE raiders an advantage over actual PvPers. When you make PvP all about your raid gears, you alienate a good 40% of your player base that could give a flying crap about spending hours raiding or doing dull flashpoints with terrible players.

It's why there's resilience in WoW, its why there is expertise here.

Actually the problems that currently exist at 55 are:

- Augment exploit

- Fine tuning bolster

- 72 PvE main and offhand are BiS (should be the Conq, as gear)

You know, main and offhand 72 pve mains were BiS on PTS too. We all reported it. What did Bioware do?

You guessed it. Nothing.

Edited by islander

So how is this post of yours discussing the issue then wiseguy? You're doing exactly what i did, replying to a post that you (for some odd reason) find invalid.

MY posts were that too. In direct response to his, to point out that his entire argument for REMOVING expertise in the open world was completly invalid.

At least i provided a counter-argument to his desire to remove expertise without boosting pvpgear. What did you provide? -A counter-argument against counter-arguing?

What exactly is the argument that you have so hard to understand and makes zero sense btw? Maybe i can explain it to you more clearly.

I am more the willing to discuss issues in all seriousness - but i do claim the right to point out moronic ideas when i see them.

Edited by Twin

Even Bolster is right now, is much better than the crap that was 50 Wz pre 2.0. And is NOT the PvP community, is YOU!.

They WONT remove Bolster, if you dont understand that, grow up. You are crying about PvEers but i didnt see you asking for a nerf when a guy joined Ops with Battlemaster gear or WarHero augmented. Or FPs Hards. Maybe in PvP you was not able to do the hardest OPs but the normal ones, yes. So pls, stop crying about disadvantages. Let PvE players also play Normal Warzones without using a stupid Recruit gear and be able to have fun as well instead of being destroyed cos gear means all.

And was NOT having fun being destroyed by Battlemaster guys who got the gear exploiting Ilum. Or trying to gear up one of my alts with 0 expertise or later, the retard Recruit gear. The way to get the War Hero was painful and NOT fun.

Bolster is here to stay and i agree. And i a PvP player too. Just need to be fixed, thats all.

Dear Sr..

You probably didn't read in my post that I was talking about disadvantages, I honestly don't care, but bolster is and will be always path to exploits in the way is delivered and should not stay on lvl 55 wz.

There are better ways to implement a fair system in wz than allow PVE gear run free, they can always help crafters for example and allow the "recruit" gear be crafted, a recruit gear more balanced ;)

You talk more as a PVE kind of guy than a pvp one , you are negating the entire progression path in pvp ;)

But ANYONE who try to PVP without the PVP main stat deserve AND SHOULD be hammer.

Think of all the time blown on the numerous, I mean numerous bugs with this implementation. What project manager in his right mind would actually choose this over actual PvP content?

It blows my mind.

After reading your post, I am getting a very bitter and metalic taste in my mouth thinking about the open world PVP on Ilum last year. Is this bolster the next blunder?

Grinded full partisan after resubbing. Still, I simply don't get at all what this bolster is doing. 40k HP tanks with PVE gear don't get a proper nerf with the bolster while I wonder for what I grinded the 2k expertise gear...

After reading your post, I am getting a very bitter and metalic taste in my mouth thinking about the open world PVP on Ilum last year. Is this bolster the next blunder?

Grinded full partisan after resubbing. Still, I simply don't get at all what this bolster is doing. 40k HP tanks with PVE gear don't get a proper nerf with the bolster while I wonder for what I grinded the 2k expertise gear...

Well; if it makes you feel any better; the way you grinded the gear is all you have to look forward to doing as far as content driven PvP in game outside of a random event; which that event probably needs reworked with the new level caps so maybe we will see that again by the end of the year.

I am not sure why PvEers consider removing the bolster is equal PvPers role the world muwhaha. While I do agree that the entry level for end game PvP pre-expansion was very high, but the solution provided is not working. All what was really need was to add expertise to PvE gear inside WZs to put them within 5-10% off partisan gear. What we got in the expansion is crappy PvP gear that get bolstered. The bolster is highly exploitable and unbalanced. UW main weapons are the BiS for PvP?!

Also, on another note, pre-expansion EWH was best gear for PvE second only to DG. It was better than BH for the most part.

Sincerely, i would like see some feedback from BW about the complainings about premades in normal warzones.

Since begginning im against premades in normal warzones, but im not against ppl join in group.

I only think who/want join in premade, must play against another premade group, its all.

The queue interface must stay the same, but the premades must face against another premade, this would make pvp more balanced and fun.

Edited by chaosmadness

The premise of PvP isn't supposed to be who has better gear to kill the other guy with... the whole idea of it should be to work as a team and DO THE F'ING OBJECTIVES... but alas people are all "I want the best gear so I can pretend I am awesome, but WAHHHH now other people have the same expertise rating as me and I suck" QQ some more, PvP should NEVER HAVE BEEN about gear, it should be about OBJECTIVES--- you know those things that make you win the Warzone:rolleyes:

Now admittedly bolster is screwed up at the moment, but removing it completely in 55 PvP would put the whole thing right back at square one... people who don't usually PvP would quit playing again because SURPRISE, getting your face kicked in and losing not because the other guys are better but because they have 2000 expertise and you have 0 is dumb. Then all the "Career PvPers" as you people keep claiming to be would be whining that you never get any matches again, all just so you can go around swinging your epeen like you did something special winning based not on skill, teamwork, or objective gameplay... but expertise gear.

So looking at what I said there and the comments in this thread it seems that the people complaining don't want fair and balanced objective PvP matches based on skill and teamwork... oh no my friends, we just all want to have better gear than the other guy so we can deathmatch it up in huttball and pretend like the 900 K damage I did while never once helping the team with scoring made us win, to quote Charlie Sheen--- winning:rolleyes:

I only started PvPing again after taking 4 months off from it because there are achievements now tied into it. As such most ever one of them is borked in some way that makes me think ya I won't pvp again till it's confirmed that they work. The lag has definately gotten alot worse then it was pre-2.0 for me so I am not even remotely sure what the heck is going on there but constantly losing because the opposing teams are rolling pre-mades all the time, same people every other game makes me say I am tired of losing.

Before you say run with your own pre-made or join a guild that pvp's, pvp is not why I play the game. But the main reason is story and lore which in itself isn't working as intended and after a year and half, nothing has ever been done to fix those codex entries or now new achievements that where based on those same borked codex entrees.

I'm not whining about not knowing how to unflag at all. That statement makes you look like a simpleton - don't be that guy.

This is the same sidestep used all the time - "If you don't like it, roll on a PvE only server." It means you lack the skill to take on another player without the huge gear advantage I mentioned before. You must LOVE to roll over players who are questing without them having much of a chance against you.

On the other hand, FAIR PvP in the Open World, where skill is the factor instead of gear that gives you a 60% advantage over equally leveled PvE players, would be an absolute joy and I would welcome it ! I DO want Open World PvP but I shouldn't have to have a separate set of expertise gear to do PvE quests in the open world. It's ridiculous to suggest questing in PvP gear which isn't designed for the Open World where the enemies are NPCs.

" It means you lack the skill to take on another player without the huge gear advantage I mentioned before" - Spoken like a true PVE'er...im not sure if youre pretending to be stupid or trolling...or both...either way, If youre on a PVP server then prepared for PVP (PVP on a PVP server ? SAY WHAT ??!!) on said server.

You are the classic PVE'er who goes into a PVP area and complains about being killed. Its like when the Gree event came round and PVE'ers (im on the red eclipse PVE server) cried when they got attacked by PVP'ers while (wait for it.........) They were in an free for all pvp area doing the gree orb PVP quest.

Their standard response was " It means you lack the skill to take on another player without the huge gear advantage I mentioned before"...oh im sorry Mr PVE...i killed you in a free for all area ? Yes..im a douchebag (pffft).

I lost count of how many people supposedly reported me and other PVP'ers for killing them in a PVP area, I didnt receive a warning and neither did my entire PVP guild, the reason why Bioware didnt warn/ban us is because you PVE'ers had no ground to stand on.

So please Holotweed, roll on by with you silly little comments and let the big boys handle the proper things.

I shall assume you are some sort of fail troll too.

" It means you lack the skill to take on another player without the huge gear advantage I mentioned before" - Spoken like a true PVE'er...im not sure if youre pretending to be stupid or trolling...or both...either way, If youre on a PVP server then prepared for PVP (PVP on a PVP server ? SAY WHAT ??!!) on said server.

You are the classic PVE'er who goes into a PVP area and complains about being killed. Its like when the Gree event came round and PVE'ers (im on the red eclipse PVE server) cried when they got attacked by PVP'ers while (wait for it.........) They were in an free for all pvp area doing the gree orb PVP quest.

Their standard response was " It means you lack the skill to take on another player without the huge gear advantage I mentioned before"...oh im sorry Mr PVE...i killed you in a free for all area ? Yes..im a douchebag (pffft).

I lost count of how many people supposedly reported me and other PVP'ers for killing them in a PVP area, I didnt receive a warning and neither did my entire PVP guild, the reason why Bioware didnt warn/ban us is because you PVE'ers had no ground to stand on.

So please Holotweed, roll on by with you silly little comments and let the big boys handle the proper things.

I shall assume you are some sort of fail troll too.

I remember that. PvE players complaining about having to do PvP while doing a quest called [PvP] Charging the Pylon. [PvP], not [DAILY], not [AREA], but [PvP].

Unfortunately the silence was due to that I have little update from what was said previously, however I can at least tell you where things stand as of right now.

It is our goal that we will get a fix for the Bolster issue into our next patch. However, this is not a guarantee as we are still working through a fix. We know how important it is to get this issue resolved and we want to make sure we do it right!

As soon as I have any updates on this (like timing, etc) I will let you know.

-eric

If players were prevented from buying reskinned garbage on the cartel market...we'd have a patch within an hour.

But when you break core content, and the only real end game content...aka PVP...

You take your sweet *** time and "might" get to it. eventually. Maybe.

And you wonder why this games getting worse and worse reviews and people leaving it.

Ya profits may be up cause of the gimicky cartel market. but its just that. a gimick. not a long term profit margin.

The game still needs to be playable for people to wanna stay. core game play elements need attention too...

I read the whole thread and im Not exactly sure what's up so I'll ask:

So, PVE players can use PVE gear in PVP and their gear is just as good as PVP gear?

I can see the PVP gear grinders mad about this but MMOs are all about gear-grinding at every major content release, right? The top of the line gear you have today will be junk in 8 months. The gear is your drug and Bioware is selling.

So, Doesn't this create more PVE people to beat-up in PVP? Isn't that a good thing? But I guess we lose all the PVP veterans.

Edited by RicoZaid