Silence of the devs

Ottoattack

One good reason? As I've said prior, the Open World is for PvE questing and it's inane to suggest that players wear PvP gear to do PvE questing. I'm all for player challenge out there! Why do you seem to want it to NOT be a challenge but instead be a cakewalk where the smaller percentage of the population can just ride through and tear up the larger percent?

Its insane for Guys to wear pvp gear to Pve but its fine for pve guys to have the better gear in Pvp? Open world on a pvp server is anything goes usually except on here its not really possible with its crappy game engine. You sir are insane.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately the silence was due to that I have little update from what was said previously, however I can at least tell you where things stand as of right now.

It is our goal that we will get a fix for the Bolster issue into our next patch. However, this is not a guarantee as we are still working through a fix. We know how important it is to get this issue resolved and we want to make sure we do it right!

As soon as I have any updates on this (like timing, etc) I will let you know.

-eric

You guys seriously need to consider scrapping this system if you haven't already, at least from the 55 bracket. You've killed endgame pvp for the Actual PVPers, i.e., the ones who play more than just 1-2 matches per week and WANT to grind gear.

Hi everyone I'am Ayiro, i'am a frensh player i'am saying my first message in your forum dedicated to the english peoples, so i wanna say to you that us peoples frensh have the same problem, silence of the devs they don't say anything since long, so i wanna just signal to you...

(Sorry if i making faults i'am no't bilingual)

Ayiro(Darth Nihilius frensh server)

I'm not whining about not knowing how to unflag at all.

Obviously you are, because if you're flagged, then it's YOUR responsibility to be prepared for a fight. If you do NOT want any player vs player pew pew, then unflag yourself and carry on with that ultra hard PvE questing. :rolleyes:

One good reason? As I've said prior, the Open World is for PvE questing and it's inane to suggest that players wear PvP gear to do PvE questing. I'm all for player challenge out there! Why do you seem to want it to NOT be a challenge but instead be a cakewalk where the smaller percentage of the population can just ride through and tear up the larger percent?

lol ok, so show me the source on that please. Show me where it says that the -Open World- is exclusive for PvE.

The fact that there are pvp servers speaks for itself; That they obviously consider pvp to have a rightful place in the open world, champ.

There is simply no way you can ever justify giving PvE gear advantage over PvP gear in a PvP situation.

Unfortunately the silence was due to that I have little update from what was said previously, however I can at least tell you where things stand as of right now.

It is our goal that we will get a fix for the Bolster issue into our next patch. However, this is not a guarantee as we are still working through a fix. We know how important it is to get this issue resolved and we want to make sure we do it right!

-eric

It would be nice to get a statement as to WHY bolster was rolled out to live in this state, since it never functioned properly on the pts before. Would it have been impossible to release 2.0 without it and keep it on the pts for a few months to get it to work?

lol ok, so show me the source on that please. Show me where it says that the -Open World- is exclusive for PvE.

The fact that there are pvp servers speaks for itself; That they obviously consider pvp to have a rightful place in the open world, champ.

There is simply no way you can ever justify giving PvE gear advantage over PvP gear in a PvP situation.

I never said the PvE player in Open World should have the ADVANTAGE, sport. I just said that PvP gear shouldn't have an advantage over PvE gear in Open World, which is all about PvE questing and players would naturally be wearing PvE gear (which is the reward for doing the quests there - you do understand that, right?)

I realize this is like herding cats - you PvP gear folks can't bear not having a 60% advantage in an area where the majority of players are doing PvE questing wearing (rightfully so) PvE gear. You don't want fair fights in Open World, you want steamrolls where you can then pound your chest and do a /spit and say arrogant things when the only reason you've won is that your gear gives you an overwhelming advantage.

I'm NOT SAYING that PvE gear should have an advantage over PvP gear. Never have. I've said it should be a wash in Open World. But again - it's like herding cats, and you guys just won't give up that huge I WIN button.

I never said the PvE player in Open World should have the ADVANTAGE, sport. I just said that PvP gear shouldn't have an advantage over PvE gear in Open World, which is all about PvE questing and players would naturally be wearing PvE gear (which is the reward for doing the quests there - you do understand that, right?)

I realize this is like herding cats - you PvP gear folks can't bear not having a 60% advantage in an area where the majority of players are doing PvE questing wearing (rightfully so) PvE gear. You don't want fair fights in Open World, you want steamrolls where you can then pound your chest and do a /spit and say arrogant things when the only reason you've won is that your gear gives you an overwhelming advantage.

I'm NOT SAYING that PvE gear should have an advantage over PvP gear. Never have. I've said it should be a wash in Open World. But again - it's like herding cats, and you guys just won't give up that huge I WIN button.

And expertise needs to not work in Open World so the geared types don't get such a HUGE advantage over PvE geared players

Thats you saying you want PvE gear to have an advantage over PvP gear.

First you were speaking about how bolster is needed, and i assume that was concerning warzones since thats what this entire discussion is about and you didnt say otherwise.

Then you state the quoted above and nowhere in that statement do you even hint that you want any form of bolster in the open world. So, try again.

This is your entire post, maybe you should read it again and perhaps rephrase yourself. because what you say now is not how you came across originally.

EDIT: Because you do realise that without bolster in the open world, removing expertise equals giving pve gear an advantage, right?

Bolster is the way to go - helps even the playing field. It just needs to be fixed. And expertise needs to not work in Open World so the geared types don't get such a HUGE advantage over PvE geared players who are (SURPRISE!) in a PvE area doing (GASP!) PvE missions with (OH NOES!) PvE rewards.
Edited by Twin

-eric

Idk when 2.1 is rolling out, but I do know a few things. 1. bolster was broken on pts but still rolled out live when you knew it was broken. 2 You are more worried about the cartel system than exploits, hacks, or cheats in the game. 3 Its your game fix it, dont fix it because if its not fixed by the end of this month when my sub comes up again you wont get my little bit of money for another month of broken crap.

Let me also say I dont care that my sub isnt game breaking I simply am not going to pay for another month of broken crap pvp. I am only subed now because the bolster bug came out so close to my resub date and I thought, wrongly apparently, that bw would step it up and get this crap fixed.

Im sure many of the little twitty fanboys will flame me for saying fix it or I'll unsub, but honestly I dont see the reason to keep dropping money down a black hole of stupid, when by all statements there seems NOT to be a sense of urgentcey to fix this exploit. Imo when you let something you KNEW was broken go live it conveys a sense of BW not giving a damn about the game just being greedy *****clowns.

gimme the same stat that the PVE gear has and i would agree with you, if not it might be you who is chasing the "i Win Button". I'm not saying that u are one, but that kind of things are clearly written in the "Carebear Manifesto" . page 1 line 3,...just after the QQ part

I just said that PvP gear shouldn't have an advantage over PvE gear in Open World, which is all about PvE questing and players would naturally be wearing PvE gear (which is the reward for doing the quests there - you do understand that, right?)

Stay on PvE servers and out of forced contested zones and your PvE gear will serve you just fine. Otherwise in a PvP server, "Open World" isn't just for PvE...

This is the fallacy. You can't learn how to pvp by getting "stomped on." You don't get the chance to learn how to play your toon because you're slammed and killed in no time flat. That's like suggesting someone can learn to drive a car while a re-inflating air bag keeps slamming them in the face.

Plus - getting stomped on just ISN'T FUN! Isn't that why we play games -- to have fun?

Im guessing you do not pvp much. And yes this does teach people how to use their toons in a pvp match. Teaches them how to be quick, look up info on better specs, how to call incs quick, and how to unleash when the odds are against you. Its how I learned to pvp on WoW and how I learned how to PvP on this game. It gives you your stripes.

Case in point. My main is a PT and with the recent nerfs to the class plus bolster, means I get focused ALOT durning warzones. Thanks to having to gear up the old way, I have managed to gain enough skills to hold my own and walk away from most 1vs1 fights or stay alive long enough to soften up the two or more people who are hammering on me.

Simple fix. Either get rid of expertise or get rid of bolster. All bolster has done is create a giant headache for the last 5 failed patch attempts with it and upset the community something fierce.

Im guessing you do not pvp much. And yes this does teach people how to use their toons in a pvp match. Teaches them how to be quick, look up info on better specs, how to call incs quick, and how to unleash when the odds are against you. Its how I learned to pvp on WoW and how I learned how to PvP on this game. It gives you your stripes.

Case in point. My main is a PT and with the recent nerfs to the class plus bolster, means I get focused ALOT durning warzones. Thanks to having to gear up the old way, I have managed to gain enough skills to hold my own and walk away from most 1vs1 fights or stay alive long enough to soften up the two or more people who are hammering on me.

Wrong. I have been PVPing since June, Valor is 65 on my main. You still get stomped by groups to the point where you cant do anything but set at your base and get guard base points. When you are in full EWH gear and you get killed in 2 seconds flat by two Juggs smashing you, you know the game is broken. Spam healers to the point where it takes 4 people to even take ONE spam healer down. I see it ALL the time. This teaches you NOTHING. Tt takes me at least 2 weeks to get the 9 wins for the weekly because of garbage like that. The design of PVP in this game is utterly broken. Period. It's why out of 250+ people in my guild only 2 or 3 even try to play PVP....because it's broken and garbage.

And, if you say "you just suck" or "you don't know how to play"...you know nothing other than a misguided ego.

Get rid of expertise.

Make que's gear based.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Thats you saying you want PvE gear to have an advantage over PvP gear.

Wow, not sure how you can read this: "And expertise needs to not work in Open World so the geared types don't get such a HUGE advantage over PvE geared players" and determine that I want PvE gear to have the advantage. I ONLY said that PvP gear SHOULDN'T have such a stupidly huge advantage in open world. Reading comprehension is your friend.

Hogwash. You learn all that during 10 - 54 PvP AND it's much more fun because you don't get facerolled through gear. You get skills from being able to use your powers, not getting slammed into the dirt time and again with barely a chance to fire anything off and limited results even if you do.

But again - you're just another cat who doesn't want to be herded.

Wow, not sure how you can read this: "And expertise needs to not work in Open World so the geared types don't get such a HUGE advantage over PvE geared players" and determine that I want PvE gear to have the advantage. I ONLY said that PvP gear SHOULDN'T have such a stupidly huge advantage in open world. Reading comprehension is your friend.

Are you serious? You are specifically stating that you dont want expertise to work in the open world. Removing expertise from the open world means that PvE gear will be much better for PvP then PvP gear is.

That IS what that sentance means. Otherwise, wth do you mean with "need to NOT WORK" in the open world? You are not saying that you want bolster, because then expertise doesn't matter since you automatically get bolstered with erxpertise.

No, you are specifically pointing at expertise and saying "remove it" with that sentace, otherwise you would have said "Bolster needs to work in open world" not "expertise needs to not work".

There is nothing wrong with my reading comprehension, perhaps you should have your own looked over.

You also support this:

Here is an idea: Get rid of the worthless Expertise and let people PVP in the gear they have. Problem solved.

There is absolutely NO POINT in having two separate sets of gear.

And again; You are not saying anything about boosting PvP gear to the same level as the best PvE gear - just remove bolster and it's fine, huh?

Edited by Twin

Eric I feel bad for hammer you everytime , I honestly do b/c you do a good job in communicating ..

But you guys are not listening to the PVP community.. REMOVE the damn bolster from 55 pvp and ALL the problems go away... there are several choices.. all have being said in this forum...

Even Bolster is right now, is much better than the crap that was 50 Wz pre 2.0. And is NOT the PvP community, is YOU!.

They WONT remove Bolster, if you dont understand that, grow up. You are crying about PvEers but i didnt see you asking for a nerf when a guy joined Ops with Battlemaster gear or WarHero augmented. Or FPs Hards. Maybe in PvP you was not able to do the hardest OPs but the normal ones, yes. So pls, stop crying about disadvantages. Let PvE players also play Normal Warzones without using a stupid Recruit gear and be able to have fun as well instead of being destroyed cos gear means all.

And was NOT having fun being destroyed by Battlemaster guys who got the gear exploiting Ilum. Or trying to gear up one of my alts with 0 expertise or later, the retard Recruit gear. The way to get the War Hero was painful and NOT fun.

Bolster is here to stay and i agree. And i a PvP player too. Just need to be fixed, thats all.

And lol, you're saying you don't advocate for PvE gear having an advantage over PvP gear in Open World PvP?

How about this:

wanna do Outdoor PvP in a PvE area? Get some PvE gear. You shouldn't get that advantage over people who either didn't like or didn't want to grind warzones. If you come to their house, you should have to play by THEIR rules.

So, yeah, expertise should not function in Open World

Haha, you're not even suggesting any "even playing field". YOU are the one who wants an "IWIN" button, while i probably would even support the idea of some form of bolster in the open world, just to get more interesting fights. You are quite the bag of fail.

Im done talking with you here, you hypocrite. But hope we meet in the open world some day soon :D

-eric

Heyo Eric- There are plenty of people who actually enjoy the new bolster system, sans the few bugs to be fixed. Thanks for taking the time to post and thanks for (overall) a step in the right direction re: PvP!

edit: *Prepares for the vocal minority of disgruntled PvPers to lash out...*

Edited by Genttry

Heyo Eric- There are plenty of people who actually enjoy the new bolster system, sans the few bugs to be fixed. Thanks for taking the time to post and thanks for (overall) a step in the right direction re: PvP!

edit: *Prepares for the vocal minority of disgruntled PvPers to lash out...*

I don't think anyone is claiming that bolster is a horrible idea. I think people at this point don't think Bioware can fix it to the point it works the way it should and want it removed as a result. If bolster worked to bring pve gear up to just under partisan gear level I think everyone would have been happy with that, unfortunately that isn't the case and pvp has been a crapshoot of who is exploiting the bolster bugs since.

Luckily I play on a server that in ranked warzones we are not seeing many exploit this bug with a few exceptions and these people have been reported (as if that means anything).

"Enjoying" the bolster system sounds more like you are turning a blind eye to the major flaws of it in its current iteration though. Wake up, if this remains much longer you will lose a lot of the pvp community.