The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

There is something I must do terribly wrong...

Angedechu

People keep saying that it's easy to get to level 55 with the available quests.

I did every single quests available, with cartel exp boosts, and I'm still in early 54. (I obviously skipped all group quests, as getting groups for group quests is virtually impossible)

I'm trying to do the binoculars and probe droids quests, but it's progressing a bit slowly, since those quests are so tedious (not to mention bugged) that i can't stand them for more than 30 minutes before suffocating with rage (but I'm suppose that putting false indications on the maps to make players run in circles for hours trying to figure out how to access a point is a way to pad the content)

Edited by Angedechu

The expansion content includes the Seeker Droid/Macrobinocular quests. So, if you haven't completed them, you still haven't finished everything! Aside from one bug on Taris, I experienced no problems with those quest lines, but that's just me.

I finished up over 54 both times so far

I could suggest doing the Hoth bonus if you havent to pad out some xp.

I generally have to kill everything since I am not a stealther, but I complete the dailies when i can,.

Just under enough id say personally but the massive kill counts on the planet help

Just run a few warzones or 50 flashpoints. I'm still yet to hit 55 with any of my characters because I seem to have character ADD...I get bored of a single class very quickly. :o I have done about half of the makeb standard quests with one char, about 1/4 with another. But I have done a bunch of WZ and FP, so my 1/2 makeb vanguard char is just shy of 54.

I did every single quests available, with cartel exp boosts, and I'm still in early 54. (I obviously skipped all group quests, as getting groups for group quests is virtually impossible)

I'm trying to do the binoculars and probe droids quests, but it's progressing a bit slowly, since those quests are so tedious (not to mention bugged) that i can't stand them for more than 30 minutes before suffocating with rage (but I'm suppose that putting false indications on the maps to make players run in circles for hours trying to figure out how to access a point is a way to pad the content)

It's easy for them because they're doing the binocular and probe missions that you're not doing and/or can't stand.

There's enough content to get you to level 55 in what's included just in the expansion, especially if you're using boosts. Yeah, those side missions get tedious, but that doesn't mean you don't have enough content simply because you don't want to play the content.

The dailies that, at step 2, says that you require to have probe droids.

Those dailies. Right.

No there are other non GSI dailies on Makeb and there are staged missions that are part of a weekly. There is plenty of content ignoring GSI and macrobinocular quests you just missed it somehow.

I finished Makeb at 53. I then did one round of all the Makeb dailes and I was 55 before finishing.

wait til you get the awful end chains rewards lol, you will rageplug.

Sure, if you are only running the story missions on Makeb it might be tough to get to 55 even with boosts. But there's so many ways to gain XP in this game besides questing. Dabble in some PvP. Run some FPs, dailies, or space missions. Hell if you are feeling particularly sadomasochistic you can go out and grind XP by killing mobs until your face bleeds ala SWG. I think I hit 55 before completing half of Makeb.

Then I must do something horribly wrong, because a daily give me at best a quarter of an exp bar (I mean the small sections of an EXP bar)

"A daily?"

We weren't saying one we were saying "the dailies." So that would be all of the sub-55 dailies on Makeb (excluding the Heroics and GSI missions). That might explain your problem. I did the main storyline + 12 dailies to hit 55.

I"m still not finished with Makeb and my marauder is 55. My Vanguard is about 10% shy of 54 and is only about 3/4 done with the main quest. Of note I always have a cartel major exp boost on, I do all the bonus quests on the main chain, often complete my WZ daily and have done at least one HM fp for the intro to group finder and other quest bonuses. I also did BH dailies twice on my marauder because they take less than 15 minutes and are decent cash.

I would run FP's if I were you. You can run dailies unti your group finder pops.

I'm surprised about what you said in regards to finding a group for the heroics. What server are you on? I'm always seeing people calling out LFG and usually get in a group within a minute or two.

You've answered your own question. Do the group quests. And its not hard to get groups just ask in general. There's also loads of dailys on makeb including a hc4 that don't require seeker or bino. I'm affraid the issue is you and not the game.

Then I must do something horribly wrong, because a daily give me at best a quarter of an exp bar (I mean the small sections of an EXP bar)

You must be. Im talking about the stage 1 and stage 2 dailies. I was 55 before finishing them. I starter makeb and did nothing but the questlines and those dailies. I did no heroics or anything else off that planet. I didnt even use xp consumables. I was not even preloaded with xp into 50 because I had not played for months until the expansion came out.

The dailies that, at step 2, says that you require to have probe droids.

Those dailies. Right.

There are 2 types of daylies on Makeb

1 - common daylies, usually one or two per island and they do need nothing to be done, you've run them i am sure while doing Makeb story

2 - GSI Makeb section - 5 dailies (4 solo +H2) and they need droid seeker or microbinocular (you can get them on your capital planet)

Also there are Stage Weekly quests on MAkeb, they can be done once a week

i am not sure if you need seeker droid for them but it's not a problem - just take it on your capital planet!

I've done 3 missions on Makeb and just done the dailies every other day on Ilum, Corellia and Belsavis and I'm level 54. I don't see what the issue is. I'm waiting for my son and his friend to get to makeb then I will run the missions there.