I want a 30 second Force speed with no cooldown.

Djed

I don't think it's OP. Like many said the Smuggler/Operative were some of the worst PvP classes out there. If I see someone Scampering, I will 1. Start singing "Rollin, Rollin, Rollin!" then 2. CC or KB them. I've always got one up my sleeve. And I thought it was nifty in Huttball where I'm carrying the ball and I see a teammate Scoundrel up top in stealth, pass to him as he pops out of stealth and scampers into the endzone. Too many whiners.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boring thread. Why don't you people ever get tired of crying about how every other class but your own is overpowered.

NO wonder this game gets such a bad name, it's not so much the game and the developers, but the whiney brats that the Star Wars title has brung in.

Yeah I wrote about this on the PTS forums after I tested it. There is no way anyone can even get close to the ball, or in range to charge you by the time you grab the ball in Huttball. Literally, you can grab the ball before anyone is even in the 30m range to cast a slow or charge.

All I got for that post was about 4-5 operatives telling me it's fine and probably laughing behind their screen waiting for this to make it live.

It's game breaking and it deserves a look, BW. Internal cooldown.

And then you can roll by them with such speed that they don't see you? yep ok.

Scamper really is a poor ability, any slow/root counters it so hard, I expect half of you complaining are all out-dated FOTM smashers crying because your melee class is now terrible.

Edited by Jayshames

If an Ops is allowed to roam this freely in Hutball, the issue is not with him or his new skill but the opposing team. Have someone hold the tee, and this will never happen. Good grief.

I suggest a tank-spec Vanguard. He has a pull, a charge, a proced snare, a stealth detection skill, a PBAOE (also for stealth detection), and the survivability to eat an Op's opening burst.

Plus, for all you Vans/PTs complaining about a nerf, I just gave you something to do. Two birds 'n all that. You're welcome.

Really easy to stop that Op when the Op is at the ball while your entire team just got to the top ramp during the START of a match.

I swear people defending it probably don't even know how to use it correctly and are putting up these imagined situations. What happens in Huttball is at start an Op rolls 4 or 5 times or whatever is needed to grab the ball, and then immediately pass the ball to someone who can actually run the ball that can now afford to take the slower top ramp. From there if your team is halfway decent you're going to win about 75% of the time because you start with a supreme opening position (best ball carrier on your team with the ball on the high ground) that may never occur again for the rest of the game against a good team.

Edited by Astarica

Boring thread. Why don't you people ever get tired of crying about how every other class but your own is overpowered.

NO wonder this game gets such a bad name, it's not so much the game and the developers, but the whiney brats that the Star Wars title has brung in.

And then you can roll by them with such speed that they don't see you? yep ok.

Scamper really is a poor ability, any slow/root counters it so hard, I expect half of you complaining are all out-dated FOTM smashers crying because your melee class is now terrible.

Yeah this game needs more of the mature types that insult the entire player base at one time.

Scamper/Exfiltrate is easily countered by any Huttball team that actually intends on winning and not playing team deathmatch. Most of you obviously just PUG or your guild gets pummeled into the floor by a guild better than yours.

You're acting like Scamper/Exfiltrate is 100% win for anyone who has it on their team.

Scamper/Exfiltrate is easily countered by any Huttball team that actually intends on winning and not playing team deathmatch. Most of you obviously just PUG or your guild gets pummeled into the floor by a guild better than yours.

You're acting like Scamper/Exfiltrate is 100% win for anyone who has it on their team.

Because people sure are deathmatching in the middle when the Huttball game starts?

Scamper is not a problem after the first possession. Problem is in a match between good teams, whoever gets the first possession has an extremely high chance of winning, and Scamper lets you get a supreme opening position and is not counterable unless your team have the same ability. Before people say Transcendence, you can generally charge the guy grabbing the ball even if you do not have Transcendence, and since the guy grabbing the ball is also immediately within range for focus fire he is likely your ball carrier (to withstand this damage), which means the ball carrier starts off in a bad position (middle of the field with nowhere to go). In the case of Scamper, the Op grabbing the ball can grab the ball before anyone is within range to hit him, so he can grab the ball and then retreat while your ball carrier takes the upper path.

Because people sure are deathmatching in the middle when the Huttball game starts

Well if you're going to be specific, then I'm sure people with Scamper and Exfiltrate are in the middle when the game starts? no.

They get there a few seconds before. They have little to no energy, they are faced by 0-8 people coming down the ramp infront of them, if they manage to continue to roll by you even with low energy then you know your team is absolute garbage. Even if they pass instead of rolling how is that different to pre2.0 where Sorcs and Assassins could force speed and collect ball before anyone else?

I think you're all just blowing it well out of proportion and crying yet again because your class didn't get the buff you wanted. Yawn.

Yeah this game needs more of the mature types that insult the entire player base at one time.

I never said everyone was like that? you've just said the very thing you are trying to slate me for.. :confused::confused:

Edited by Jayshames

I believe it's really OP, especially in Hutball. By the time you target a scoundrel they already rolled all the way to the goaline.

And also it looks really ridiculous. Seriously? people crossing the whole map rolling? It looks like something you'd see in Nickelodeon, not Star Wars.

I'm really hating SWTOR right now, it's a pain to log in, there's some serious lag issues since the last patch and they managed to screw Huttball, if not to say the whole PVP.

You guys act like there are only operatives on the opposing team. Scamper/Exfiltrate exist on BOTH factions. Group with an operative/scoudrel who can roll and shut up. All the lightsaber wielding noobs need to stop crying. Edited by kazh

We need a response from BW on whether this is working as intended or not. From their Class Blog post it suggests they intended it merely for gap closing and escape, and not as a general speed-buff. If this is the case then it needs 'fixing' so that it works as intended.

Well if you're going to be specific, then I'm sure people with Scamper and Exfiltrate are in the middle when the game starts? no.

They get there a few seconds before. They have little to no energy, they are faced by 0-8 people coming down the ramp infront of them, if they manage to continue to roll by you even with low energy then you know your team is absolute garbage. Even if they pass instead of rolling how is that different to pre2.0 where Sorcs and Assassins could force speed and collect ball before anyone else?

I think you're all just blowing it well out of proportion and crying yet again because your class didn't get the buff you wanted. Yawn.

:

Like I said earlier I think most people actually have no idea how to use this effectively. After you grab the ball at the start of the match, the Op runs away because your best ball runner is going to take the upper ramp knowing that you will definitely have the ball (unless the other team has the identical matchup). You can't do anything about an Op running away after he has the ball because nobody can possibly get there on time to hit him with anything. He then passes the ball and now the team has a supreme opening position (ball carrier with ball on top) that is unlikely to be obtained again for the rest of the game if both teams are good. Yes if your team sucks and was about to get rolled 0-6 then the ball carrier still gets killed and you still lose 0-6. But if it was at all a close match having an opening like that greatly increases your chance of winning, and has no counter aside from doing exactly the same thing. Transcendence can usually be stopped by Force Charge even if your team does not have Transcendence, and the guy who grabbed the ball this way does not have enough time to avoid the retaliation focus fire from the enemy team.

You guys act like there are only operatives on the opposing team. Scamper/Exfiltrate exist on BOTH factions. Group with an operative/scoudrel who can roll and shut up. All the lightsaber wielding noobs need to stop crying.

Yes, because the answer to an op ability is always to bring one of your own. :rolleyes:

Read most posts but not all so I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet.

Why not simply make scamper require an enemy target that is within 12 yards range.

- this version would simply roll you to directly behind your enemy target as long as that target was within 12 yards or less

thoughts?

I never said everyone was like that? you've just said the very thing you are trying to slate me for.. :confused::confused:

I agree i am playing a sniper atm but i was just thinking what is the op going to do with the ball solo? Pass it back what ground is gained? Not much quite frankly it is their only gap closer i do think the cost could be tweeked like the sorc's force regen where the cost scales or something but i don't know i think other things in pvp have bigger issues than this atm.

Why not simply make scamper require an enemy target that is within 12 yards range.

- this version would simply roll you to directly behind your enemy target as long as that target was within 12 yards or less

thoughts?

I like the idea. The only problem with it is that this ability is also viewed as an escape. How would you suggest they implement that into your concept of targeting someone to use it? I'm just curious as this was a good suggestion for an alternative which hasn't happened a whole lot here.

thoughts?

There's a lot of interesting ways to fix it but I think putting a CD on it is the simplest way and also the safest. Trying something clever and you might end up accidentally nerfing the ability totally, or end up being useless. For example in this version, it'd be impossible to use this as an escape mechanism, which is clearly part of the intention of this ability. Likewise adding a stacking debuff that increases cost still won't necessarily work because there are times where getting to a spot at all itself is all you need (Huttball, Voidstar). The cheap stuff people are pulling in Huttball/Voidstar can be done even if Scamper self destructed the user after a period of time, and if you're trying to win it is totally worth it to self destruct the user if it means you get the ball first or drop the force field before anyone can react to it.

Like I said earlier I think most people actually have no idea how to use this effectively. After you grab the ball at the start of the match, the Op runs away because your best ball runner is going to take the upper ramp knowing that you will definitely have the ball (unless the other team has the identical matchup). You can't do anything about an Op running away after he has the ball because nobody can possibly get there on time to hit him with anything.

Then don't chase after him and play defense.

:rolleyes:

There's a lot of interesting ways to fix it but I think putting a CD on it is the simplest way and also the safest. Trying something clever and you might end up accidentally nerfing the ability totally, or end up being useless.

Any CD makes it useless. That's the whole point of exercise. Before point the finger at others, perhaps you should educate and think yourself.