am i the only one who thinks the double xp weekend was a bad idea?

Psychochilla

i started playing again after almost a year and started a new empire warrior...

the thing is that i just arrived on balmorra (which is for lvl 15 minimum) being level 23...

which means that the quests are no challenge at all and i'll have to rush through to continue on nar shaddaa

next time you do a double xp weekend give me an option to switch it off please :)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'd like to see double experience weekends become a regular occurrence, say, one weekend a month.

Yes. Yes a thousand times, yes! I'm so tired of the highly vocal minority proclaiming that it's somehow a bad thing that people are leveling too fast to have to do the filler quests that they've already done dozens of times. There is absolutely no reason why you can't just enjoy this game all the same if there's 2x exp. If you really like optional non-storyline filler quests that much then just go do them even if you're overleveled. They're not going anywhere.

i started playing again after almost a year and started a new empire warrior...

the thing is that i just arrived on balmorra (which is for lvl 15 minimum) being level 23...

which means that the quests are no challenge at all and i'll have to rush through to continue on nar shaddaa

next time you do a double xp weekend give me an option to switch it off please :)

I have had to skip several planets on one char because of double exp and great that he became a lvl 50 but with my second character I was kind of annoyed I had to skip everything again because all quests greyed out.

I have nothing against double exp but it should have been optional. Those that did not wanted it for certain characters should have had the ability to turn it off.

Personally, I'd like to see double experience weekends become a regular occurrence, say, one weekend a month.

I've heard of people getting to 50, or nearly so, in a weekend. I usually get 10-15 levels as I've got stuff to do. But I enjoy the double xp weekends and would like to see more as well.

I have had to skip several planets on one char because of double exp and great that he became a lvl 50 but with my second character I was kind of annoyed I had to skip everything again because all quests greyed out.

Why did you have to? You didn't have to skip anything. The only difference it made by being greyed out was that you wouldn't receive any XP, which given your initial complaint is kind of ironic.

I will not play ToR again until Double-Exp is back. It made the game fun again. But now its over. Well, time to do a little Star Trek Online.

How can earning double experience make the game more "fun" than it already is?

Why did you have to? You didn't have to skip anything. The only difference it made by being greyed out was that you wouldn't receive any XP, which given your initial complaint is kind of ironic.

It made the quest so totally boring because my companion could kill everything while I was doing nothing because of the serious outlevelling.

Nothing to do with xp. It made the whole planet not worth the time except for class missions or else it became utterly boring and not challenging at all.

Not to mention all the undergeared people in pvp and FP's because their gearing could not keep up with their levelling.

So yes I want it optional for some characters. That won't hurt anyone. So why are you so mad about that suggestion ? It won't bother anyone while double exp for everyone will bother someone. So let's make two sides happy. Optional double exp.

I love and hate x2 XP. I love levelling faster and getting my abilities sooner, but at the same time I'm faced with a choice. I can either:

A) Over level and have greyed out quests (that i won't earn xp for, which kind of destroys the point of dbl xp)

B) Have my character and companion be undergeared.

So I can either have the game be too easy or too difficult.

I'd like to see this happen.

Personally, the four double exp weekends in a row, kind of burned me out... I won't enjoy Makeb as much since I've spent four weekends in a row grinding new toons. It was a nice idea, but for no lifer's who abuse events like this, it burns you out real quick.

I also didn't get the hang or figure out the best way to level until about weekend number 3. Weekends 1 and 2 were all about the Gree Event and squeezing levels as you could before bolster got removed or before Gree event expired.

I didn't understand the true point of double exp until the 3rd weekend; rapidly advancing through story missions before your quests turned green.

Even before double exp and gree bolstered Illum, I already had 3 characters too overleveled to get any experience from class missions; they've been in fleet just doing daily pvp (zero tolerance) and daily flashpoint (Emerging Conflict)

Double EXP weekend as I later found out, was the perfect way to level and make sure my characters never ran into the same over-leveled for story problem. I could skip every side missions, only completing story mission and be in danger of overleveling

Edited by Falensawino

I really liked the double XP weekends, because it allowed me to focus on playing the stuff I enjoyed rather than grinding. Quite frankly, the game is about 1000% better without the grind bonus quests. You know the ones: "stage 1: kill 30 whatevers; stage 2: kill 50 more whatevers; stage 3: blow up 10 foozles (guarded by more whatevers); stage 4: fight through a bunch more whatevers to kill the king whatever and bring back his tooth".

Double XP allowed me to skip right past them and other boring grinds to get to the fun story and class quests without worrying about being underleveled.

Ultimately, though, I think they should make it a legacy level 50 perk available at any time rather than on fixed weekends.

I love and hate x2 XP. I love levelling faster and getting my abilities sooner, but at the same time I'm faced with a choice. I can either:

A) Over level and have greyed out quests (that i won't earn xp for, which kind of destroys the point of dbl xp)

B) Have my character and companion be undergeared.

So I can either have the game be too easy or too difficult.

So true.

That's why they should have made it optional so you could turn it on/off when you deemed it necesarry. All those grey quests made double xp not worth it. If you wanted to have the double xp you have to had to skip loads of content which indeed destroyed the point of double exp.

An option to "turn off" double XP? No offense but that's probably the most idiotic thing I could've ever heard someone say. Double xp was a god send, I definitely played alts that would've honestly never been touched had DXP not been introduced on these weekends leading up to the expansion. If you've played the planet quests enough times, they become boring and repetitive, I marveled at the fact that by pvping and doing story quests I could skip planets that I despise. Sometimes I feel like there's not enough xp being rewarded normally when questing, double xp is/was a great idea. I'm not sure about occurring once every month like another user suggested, but at least once every few months, to balance it out.

It made the quest so totally boring because my companion could kill everything while I was doing nothing because of the serious outlevelling. Nothing to do with xp. It made the whole planet not worth the time except for class missions or else it became utterly boring and not challenging at all.

So, don't use a companion. Take your gear off and do it naked. Chain pull groups. Use some imagination.

So yes I want it optional for some characters. That won't hurt anyone. So why are you so mad about that suggestion ? It won't bother anyone while double exp for everyone will bother someone. So let's make two sides happy. Optional double exp.

Mad? Whatever gave you that impression? Anyway, I'm not against it being optional in any way, it's just not the end of the world, game breaking element that people make it out to be.

The main problem was cash was at the old rate, making traing and equipment a bit problematic, a increase in the rate you earn money at the same time would help, and no I'm not being greedy, it took me a week to rebalance my characters trainiing and equipment. I'm not saying double cash, but maybe x1.5 cash to help with training and stuff.

The main problem was cash was at the old rate, making traing and equipment a bit problematic, a increase in the rate you earn money at the same time would help, and no I'm not being greedy, it took me a week to rebalance my characters trainiing and equipment. I'm not saying double cash, but maybe x1.5 cash to help with training and stuff.

Until lvl50 it really doesnt matter what gear you have or if you have all abilities (trained). And most people leveling alts during double xp weekends and they can provide their alts with money from their main. So no problem either way.

horrible idea, unless all you care about is getting your character to Lvl.50 just to PvP... otherwise it ruins the already insultingly easy to level up in story and side quests portion of the game, you know the main point of the game... i don't even log into the game when it's 2x XP, i'm already overleveled enough on all my characters as it is, just from Story Line and Side Quests... Edited by Elly_Dawn

I didn't get to make use of any of the double XP weekends. My character hit level 50 on Taris, so I ended up doing Quesh, Hoth, Alderaan Bonus Series, and Belsavis at the level cap... and I still have Voss and Corellia ahead of me to finish before the expansion comes out.