Dubbel xp, im done.

vingmotor

i only play the dubble xp weekends now.

the thing has ruined me for normal gameplay.

dunno what to do when it stops competely.

sorry about the bad english.

anyways, whats your take on the dubble xp weekends vs normal gameplay days?

Well, you are a human, right? Humans are quite resilient. You will adjust, or perhaps rage quit if you cannot adjust for some reason.

It's a perk. I take it as a perk, enjoy it as a perk. I don't count on it for my play satisfaction.

Edited by Andryah

I quite enjoyed the pacing. I could actually completely skip mostly all the side quests I have seen a million times and just burned through the story missions that I wanted to see with classes I haven't played yet. The pacing was quite nice. I'm going to miss it.

I quite enjoyed the pacing. I could actually completely skip mostly all the side quests I have seen a million times and just burned through the story missions that I wanted to see with classes I haven't played yet. The pacing was quite nice. I'm going to miss it.

This. I have no problem with Double XP being a legacy unlock for this very reason. It's the easiest way to keep people subscribing who need class story in light of its being dropped in future content.

personally, I think double xp ruins the game. if thats all you are playing for, I hate to sound cruel, but quit. double xp should not be normal or be a perk. it ruins the game, I never seen so many beggars, why? because they do not do the side quests that get them credits to pay for things like mounts, gear, whatever. double xp is NOT a benefit.

if you are not good enough with double xp... you will never be good enough without it. it is that simple.

Edited by ileriaone

It really irks me that i have had to work all these double xp weekends so im missing out on them.

I would love tobe able to play through the story only and skip all the boring repeating side quests.

maybe you need to play a game that just boosts you to end game without doing anything

I started a Shadow on the 1st one, then started playing off the weekends. Found the exp gain to be a bit too much, but I like going through various missions. If I want to power-level I could always just play space missions over and over again to catch up.

The double exp weekends were fun, but I won't miss them. There were far too many people in pvp and flashpoints in gear far below their level . . . and . . . simply did not know how to use all of their abilities if they even had the credits to pay for the training.

It was fun . . . but I don't want it to be a regular thing.

personally, I think double xp ruins the game. if thats all you are playing for, I hate to sound cruel, but quit. double xp should not be normal or be a perk. it ruins the game, I never seen so many beggars, why? because they do not do the side quests that get them credits to pay for things like mounts, gear, whatever. double xp is NOT a benefit.

if you are not good enough with double xp... you will never be good enough without it. it is that simple.

Not everyone leveling is new to the game... Some of us have seen all the side quests several times. I for one have been playing since launch and have several 50's and have seen every single side quest several times on both sides. I remember the legacy unlocks coming out increasing class quest xp and BW being "play the way you want, if you only want to do class missions then get the perks." Of course I found out that those perks only last till about level 20 then you start getting under leveled and then I just pvp over and over again to catch up.

Double xp as a perk would not ruin the game, at least not for players who have been playing for a long time. New players wouldn't be able to get the perk because if BW was smart they would tie it to a higher level legacy unlock. Meaning you'd need at least one 50 to get it.

As for beggers...put them on ignore, or laugh at them, whichever works for you. I personally haven't seen any beggers, but then again I rarely pay attention to general chat.

With the exception of all the people who haven't learned to play their class or have no idea in the WZ's it was great.

Trooper and Smuggler to 50 and Knight to 32

People keep saying this.

I doubt that it's a big of an issue as they say.

"I see bad people in WZ's!" doesn't relate to faster leveling. At all.

sorry about the bad english.

If it's optional in the future, why not? I skipped every weekend on my main account (aside from playing on the PTS) because I prefer a normal pace of leveling.

However, there are still plenty of XP boosts available in the CM and on the GTN. As it should be. No real need to make this a regular system. You like it? Pay money or use your in game credits to experience it whenever you want.

I loved it and used it to get one of my characters off DK and another through Act 1. I'm hoping to get her through quite a bit of Act 2 this weekend. I doubt she'll get to level 50 before the 14th but she'll be close. I don't mind normal leveling though because I do like the hunt but it can get boring, I have 11 characters that I'm leveling.

If you have a legacy level of 50, trust me you've seen every side quest in the game...probably twice or five...or 8 times.

Obviously just slapping double xp into the game without tying to Legacy is a horrible idea, but why should someone who just wants to play alts for class story not be allowed to do so when he's already proven his committment to the game with legacy? I only play SWTOR for the class story, if I want to grind warzones, dailys, and OPs I'll go to better MMOs that are better at all of those things. No other MMO does story as well as SWTOR.

I only resubbed for double XP and Makeb...after that my playstyle just isn't encouraged. /shrug

If it's optional in the future, why not? I skipped every weekend on my main account (aside from playing on the PTS) because I prefer a normal pace of leveling.

However, there are still plenty of XP boosts available in the CM and on the GTN. As it should be. No real need to make this a regular system. You like it? Pay money or use your in game credits to experience it whenever you want.

Those boosts don't last nearly long enough and are like 25%, not 200%. Even the Legacy unlocks go up to 30% at max. Even with 200% you still have to do some side quests unless you do space missions or warzones/flashpoints.

Edited by Korusus

Those boosts don't last nearly long enough and are like 25%, not 200%. Even the Legacy unlocks go up to 30% at max. Even with 200% you still have to do some side quests unless you do space missions or warzones/flashpoints.

Actually, it's more like 125% compared to 200%, or 25% compared to 100%. Depending if you are talking total gain or gain difference.

Otherwise... to the whole double XP thing... didn't even notice. :p

Edited by FuryoftheStars

I don't get the reasoning that Double XP ruins the stories because you are leveling too fast for the content . Doing the story while the mobs or bosses are grey is the ideal way to see all of the story . You can just blitz through the tedious fights and get to the cutscenes quicker .

maybe you need to play a game that just boosts you to end game without doing anything

Riiiiiight, because there's no middle area at all between normal XP and not needing any XP at all... :rolleyes:

Those boosts aren't big enough.

Look, it's not like we're wanting to skip the game. I have 3 50s. I've seen the game. I'd like to see the rest of the class stories, but I'm REALLY tired of the quests I've already done so many times.

Edited by Caelrie

I'm gonna quote this guy for leading the way in how to make friends and influence people.

My home server is Harbinger. I wanted to play a sith assassin tank but had no character slots on Harbinger so started a new toon on Jedi Covenant. What is my point? The mention in this guys diatribe about money. I did all the side quests, the planetary bonus series etc. I loved the leveling speed but double exp doesn't mean double money and I was constantly broke. Without the monetary support of previously leveled toons, this can be a problem.

That is my only issue with double exp weekends and it's a small quibble at that. I still enjoyed, will enjoy them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.