QOL Improvements - What does the community want to see?

AdamGe

As Quality of Life enhancements:

Most: A separate tab in the skill list for the Cartel emotes and special items, like the Jawagrams, Fireworks, Flare gun, etc. Thay take up insanely lot of inventory space right now :\

Chairs characters can sit on. Not all in the game of course, that would be a ridiculously huge task, but at least on the ships (not just on the bridge) and the cantinas. Also, the new areas should be designed with enchanced functionality chairs :)

Chat Bubbles for /say and /yell (with limited range of course)

Improved Republic Fleet. Not much, just seem strange that the imperial station has plants and other decoration, while the republic is only capable to put on some rugs. Also strange that the imperial Crew Skill Vendor has a booth and a civilian, the republic one is a soldier just standing suspicously at the corridor. Like he secretly black-selling out the garrisons' supplies :)

Barber Shop, Achivements has been already announced.

Minigames like Pazaak, Sabacc and racing (this could be done with a modified tunnel engine of the space combat). The PvE/PvP arena is also a great idea.

More things Legacy-wide. Social status, since it should reaward the player for group activities and not the character played on. The Datacrons and the Codex. The Matrix Shards bound to legacy.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my top 10. I know they may not all be considered "quality of life" by everyone, but these things would go along way to bringing in and keeping more players.

1. First and foremost - Chat Bubbles (I really hate RP'ing and having to watch my chat box and trying to figure out who said what) I want this to include /emote so I can type /shrug and shrug or type /emote watches the woman approach and have "Rell watches the woman approach" appear over my head.

2. Destroy both the imperial and Republic Fleets and put everyone back on the planets. (I thought this was much better in Beta)

3. Space expansion which takes space off rails.

4. Introduction of a new class of space ship (or use of existing) which are fully decoratable and a massive expansion in housing decorations in cartel packs. (Also make decoration items craftable, but with rare materials needed which may come from cartel packs)

5. Guild Capital Ships to serve as Guild Halls and fully decoratable. (These should have to be constructed with the use of all crafting professions

6. The introduction of a light fighter class of ship for a "jump to lightspeed" flight sim experience.

7. The ability to sit in chairs.

8. New quest lines that require each faction to enter the area usually reserved for the opposite faction. Currently while leveling you rarely encounter the opposite faction.

9. The ability to "War" a rival guild so you can guild war a republic guild for training purposes or war an Empire guild for your own private pvp encounters without interfearance from openly flagged people. (This works great with a RP bounty hunting guild if you want to sign up to be hunted)

10. New items added to the collector's edition vendor for those players who purchased. Bioware - keep your promises.

As far as quality of life:

* Legacy Bank (should be legacy perk, there arent enough)

* CM items bind to legacy

Wish list:

* An area that gives some type of crafting bonus, as well as a better way to accumalate resources for crafting.

* A variety of star fighters that you can purchase or craft to use in space missions.

* A combat arae where you can use vehicles be it pve or pvp.

My personal list:

Legacy Based Inventory Tracking - If I'm looking to build an item that requires Titanium, the UI currently tells me how many this particular character has. It would be nice if it would also mention 'Alt #2 has a stack of 75, and Alt # 5 has 19' so I don't have to log onto every character to manually check. Honestly, what I'm looking for is the 'ArkInventory' mod that was written for a competing game.

Legacy Based Profession Tracking - If I'm looking to upgrade the gear on my Jedi Knight, I'd like to be able to open my Sith Inquisitor's synthweaving schematics list and review both the stats and graphics while still on my knight.

GTN UI - Implement an option that shows only ONE instance of each item: Clicking on this item would then bring up all of the specific listings. I really don't want to go through 30 pages of the four lightsaber recipes every time I look through the available Artifice schematics.

Chat Bubbles - I've 'stolen' quest objectives from other players who were just standing around the item and not using it, only to realize after the fact that one of them was telling the other to 'go ahead' in the chat channel. Likewise, I've seen comments in chat that make we wonder 'was that aimed at me, or someone on the far side of the planet?' Simple chat bubbles would be nice.

Crafting Schematic Naming - When you add a 'reverse engineered' blue or purple to your schematic list, it would be nice if it was still listed under the base item name (i.e., 'Critical Powertech Bracers' show up on your Armormech schematics list as 'Powertech Bracers, Critical') so all the similar items are together on the list.

Reverse Engineering Procs - would be nice if RE procs were weighted away from inappropriate stats (i.e., items that are endurance-heavy or have tanking stats would proc 'redoubt' versions first, while other gear would proc 'redoubt' versions last). I must admit, reverse engineering a 'dps piece' and learning to make the 'redoubt dps piece' is a pet peeve of mine...

Sidekicks on Mounts and Taxis - I found sidekicks despawning very annoying on my assassin tank, as I'd have to re-'guard' my melee dps companion every time I dismounted. I also died once when I got off the taxi and walked into a fight with an elite without realizing that Khem was not with me. I presume the taxis were originally designed to hold sidekicks as well, but that was scrapped when they realized how problematic 'T7' and 'M1-4X' were going to be.

As Quality of Life enhancements:

Most: A separate tab in the skill list for the Cartel emotes and special items, like the Jawagrams, Fireworks, Flare gun, etc. Thay take up insanely lot of inventory space right now :\

Good lord - what a good idea:eek:

Fully half my already vastly expanded inventory has stuff in it from the CM. I like collecting toys and pets and don't like to store stuff as you never know when you're going to need a jawagram, rhythm droid, taun-faun or firework - or all four at once :).

/seconded.

Apart from that, in no particular order:

* Classic, brown, hood down, armourless Jedi robes.

* Make a full resolve bar (PvP) only start to tick down once you enter combat again

* Put PvP terminals in places where 50s gather, like daily zones. Hate going back to the fleet all the time.

Huh, I thought there would be more people that agree with my guild and I about a sidekick/padawan system. Does no one else find it annoyingly difficult to put a group together with your friends unless you only play when everyone is available?

As an additional suggestion, and in support of those who have suggested similar, there should be a global friends list based off of peoples legacy names, and it should be viewable regardless of faction. That way it would be easier for guilds and friends who have characters on both sides of the faction divide (Imp/Pub) to actually socialize. There should also be the ability to set up a global channel that is also viewable by both sides, perhaps where the channel Leader (not unlike a guild leader) could be the moderator and invite people to the channel, and that would allow people to communicate regardless of which faction you are currently logged in on.

While some people might think that this cross-faction communication could cause problems with cooperation across factions in pvp or even pve perhaps, anyone who is going to cause those kinds of problems already does so on voice chat. The benefits of being able to stay in contact with your friends (Yet again, socializing being the main point of MMO's in the first place), would far outweigh any negative considerations; especially as most of those negative considerations exist through voice chat servers outside of Bioware's monitoring or control.

Edited by VesperFrost

1) Character server transfers! - yes know they are in the works but it has taken forever

2) "Armory" style website where we can see our characters models, stats, codex entries, achievements, etc

3) API that allows fan sites to extract info from website(see # 2) to create tools related to our characters

4) UI add-ons would be nice as long as they do not interfere or "help" with gameplay, but if #2 gets implemented this won't really be necessary

5) Better buff/debuff filtering system (than what was in the 2.0 PTS) and customization

6) Dual Specs with pre-set talents for each spec

Edited by Aelrail

1. Ability to play the game without really high pings that makes certain content either an extreme pain or just not doable. I currently have this ability but it's being taken away by Bioware for reasons they refuse to officially state.

2. Legacy-wide bank access from any bank terminal.

3. More legacy unlocks that unlock as you get a certain (high) legacy level rather than literally nearly everything costing credits or cartel coins.

4. Increased XP rates (or the option to turn it on) the more max level characters you have. I don't want to have to go through all those now-incredibly-boring quests at the same pace for the 5th-10th time. Alternatively, permanent or more double XP weeks/weekends or items that result in the same on a character - preferably based on legacy.

5. Fewer character specific legacy perks, with most being moved to being legacy-wide.

6. Ability to upgrade pre-cartel market speeders to be 110% and have the same knock-back resistance.

7. Bioware not outright lying regarding statistics to elements of the SWTOR community, because face it, you're not the only ones collecting data.

8. Heroic space missions all resetting on the same day and all being available on the same day - it ***** me off to no end that they made the way it currently is - whoever made that decisions needs a slap - same for whoever approved it. It is such a disgustingly dodgy way of having people log in more often - it's not as if they're even fun,

9. I may be mistaken about this, but I believe that the proton torpedo tube has been changed to require level 50. If this is the case, change it back - I want to actually be able to do the bonus missions earlier on in those crumby space missions you guys made. If you can still get it at earlier levels, disregard this point.

10. Legacy transportation items - shorter cool downs and unique cool downs (ie. not tied to each other).

We had a thread like this a while back with the 1,000 cuts thread. There are a lot of great ideas there, and here as well. Things that I would like to see currently, in no particular order:

New customization options included with the barbershop (ie, hair styles, scars, facial hair, tattoos)

The ability to change the sound of my weapon. Aside from color and appearance, this plays a big factor in which saber or blaster I choose. Perhaps an elegant solution to moving stats off color crystals is to change them to affect the sound the weapon makes. For example, Eviscerating would produce a low sound, Hawkeye a high pitch, and so on.

Unrestrict weapon choice. It's silly that most of the classes in the game have a sidearm blaster pistol in cut scenes when you can never equip one. Everyone should have pistol as viable option at least. There are so many examples of lore characters in the Star Wars universe using weapon combinations we can't in-game (for example, Boba Fett uses a rifle carbine, Zam Wesell a sniper rifle, Captain Rex using pistols, and so on.) It should be a player decision on which blaster weapon to use to distinguish their character from others, not dictated by class.

Allow the choice of using the mirror abilty from opposite faction. If I'm playing a Dark Jedi, I want to be able to choke, shock, or seethe and show my alignment choice. If I was playing a Light side Sith, I might not want to use force lightning at all. This would certainly help with immersion.

I'm sure many of these have been listed in this thread or talked about before, but I wanted to put them here anyways to reinforce them.

Group Finder:

- CROSS SERVER QUEUES. The more people using the queue system the better, especially for those who play during off hours. . I've actually sat in queue waiting on a single dps for well over 15 mins before. This should also apply to the pvp queue system

- SM ops should all be listed in this. Even if that means they need nerfed a bit (SM only) so your average pug can complete them. LFR style

UI

- Better control of buff/debuff presentation (location, size, etc.)

-Highlighting your debuffs on the target frame (really nice for DoT classes). Seperate class procs (buffs that reset CD/autocrit/buff certain abilities) from class buffs.

-Target of Focus Target

- Option to show energy/heat regen breakpoints instead of the 20% breakpoints

- Being able to change the colortheme of the UI

Gameplay:

- Server transfers

- Faction change

- Equipment manager (save gear presets)

- Dual Spec that saves quickbar bindings

- Performance improvements! (Load screens, de-syncing, the stuck feature, etc.)

- Tone down/remove the ridiculous amount of enemy knockbacks (especially the knockbacks), stuns, and snares. I really hate tanking in this game sometimes.

GTN

- Better search functionalty

- Ability to shift-click items into the search bar

- Selling of multiple stacks of the same item at once

Crew Skills

- Search function

- Sort by stat (probably also useful for vendors)

- Improvements to the weaker crew skills. I don't want to use biochem on all my characters.

Legacy/Account level features

- Legacy Datacrons

- Legacy banking

- Account friends list

- Account level saving of keybinds, preferences

- Legacy/account sharing of achievements, codex, pets, mounts

- Companions added to the family tree

- Most legacy perks being legacy wide and not character specific. Isn't that the whole point of the legacy?

Armory type website would be really cool as well.

Not so much QoL, but I'm gonna list it anyways. I like my companions and I'd like to be able to do more things with them. Not so much let them kill a 100 things, but actually interact. They were a pretty intricate part of your character and once you hit level 50 and 10000 affection they just sort of cease to exist. If creating VOs for them isn't that expensive then lets see more companion quests added... especially for the ones you romanced.

It would also greatly improve the quality of life of my JKs companions if they had beds on my ship. Kira is certainly welcome to share mine, but that still leaves a couple of them sleeping on the floor. =P

I have to agree with the Legacy bank. Especially for materials and legacy items this will be such a great thing. I find it hard to keep track of who has the shells to move mods and such.

Also this legacy bank should be able to hold cash, just like a guild bank, so you can share credits more easily.

A lot of good ideas here that are great, but this would be the most urgent one for me.

A tactic window that allow to give tactical information to the group/operation in order to allow better tactic communication when there is no vocal support, or when the player can't talk (no mic for exemple).

Exemple of sentences :

- <Enemy target> incoming at <where the caller stands>

- Few enemies incoming at <where the caller stands>

- Many enemies incoming at <where the caller stands>

- <where the caller stands> is clear.

- Focus <enemy target>

- Reinforcements needed at <where the caller stands>

- In position at <where the caller stands>

These could leave a temporary pinpoint on the map of those who recieved the message. Maybe you could as well point attack tactics by right-clicing on the map. ("attack <chosen localistion on map>")

The device could be used to save some map-locations in your local files as a reminder (datacrons, codex entries, world bosses, area quests...)

If you have heard of PartyHelper on WAR...

Edited by Altheran

Ship related items:

1. My ship SHOULD NOT take off just because I boarded it to talk to my companion who needs me to talk to him/her THERE (or some other reason, like I have a GTN there and want to post/buy some stuff). It should TAKE OFF when I sit at the pilot's chair and choose a destnation. Take off anim --> hyper-drive anim, yippee skippee.

2. When I board my group-mates'/friends' ship to go do his mission that "I" can't fly to, I should re-board HIS ship when we are ready to leave. Why do I board MY ship at this point?

Companion related:

1. Some times my companion KNOWS when I'm supposed to be giving a "bad" or "wrong" answer and is UNDERSTANDING this reply. Quite often though, I'm penalized for taking this tack. If they were always DUMB, I could send them off on a mission and be done with it.

2. Some games allow you to tell your companion "go to THIS spot to do your thing". This would help for a number of ranged companions AND those boss-ish fights where the NPC yanks everyone into its' AoE schtick. The "go to THIS spot" thing would tell your companion to keep trying to get back to THAT spot.

1: I'd have to agree with several other posters that having a "Legacy Bank" is paramount. I have several chars that craft bio stims and such and I'm constantly sending mats back and forth. Not to mention my Artificer and my Synthweaver who are constantly doing the same (my Cybertech and my Armstech....etc, etc). Having a central bank where all my chars could store their shared mats would be a huge QOL boost to me.

2: Eliminate the orbital stations completely as they server no purpose other than to make it take longer to land on a planet. The Quest Givers and such that are on these platforms could easily be moved to the spaceports planetside.

3: A Legacy boost to reverse engineering. Yes, you raised the % to 20, but it's still possible to grind endlessly and not proc. Just last night, I had to RE 13 Green Med packs to learn the Blue, then another 8 Blue to learn the Purple (my "unlucky" streak stands at 27 REs before a proc, but then other times it's a one hit wonder). Or if not a Legacy boost, how about a system of increased odds? Like the first one you RE is 20%, fail? Next one is 25% and so on until you Proc, then it resets back to 20%. It would keep my above example from happening. :rolleyes:

New Crafting Ability or Legacy Items

How many of you have run around low level areas and a item drops has been just what you are looking for, "THAT HELM IS UBER LOOOOOKING!!!, Damn, its green". So can we have a ability to RE Green into Orange and Mod-able OR!!! dare I say Cartel item that can do the job at a cost $ to allow use to have true flexibility on how we look.

^I really like this idea! There were many items that were random drops that I absolutely loved the look of, but I out leveled them quickly. Even something somewhat similar to WoW's transmog system would be alright imo

Also, the ability to vendor CM items...It's very difficult to sell Imperial/Republic Banners on the GTN

Not sure if I posted in this thread before. Either way, what I really want to see is Pazaak and Swoop Racing. I'm happy a barber shop is finally being worked on, but sad that there is no news of these two things. Star Wars isn't Star Wars without them. Edited by Radzkie

1) Account-based storage.

2) Account-based friends list.

3) Account-based ignore list.

4) Dye system for armors.

I agree with notes

1) I would be fine with just a tab or two that is legacy bound.

2) this and also that when we go to mail the game was smart enough to know what our other alts were.

3) oh ya for sure

4) I think this would be good and maybe let artificers grind up all those color crystals they have to make crystals that no one wants, and use the powder to create dye colors to sell.

Other things I would love to see.

5) Health percent on the focus target

6) Legacy Datacrons

7) Quick login from launcher to a particular character or even last character you had logged in

8) Increase the Guild Member cap

9) Allow guild leader and officer to send guild wide messages

10) ingame guild calendar

11) an alliance system similar to what warhammer had

12) a "tax" system similar to wow or warhammer where money goes into guild bank.

13) larger message of the day

14) a way to create guild ranks and not have them go to bottom of ranks so you have in turn move everyone around to rename a lot of ranks to place one higher in the list.

I'd like to see more cross Legacy functionality in it's own screen.

For instance Logging in & out to check email and send toons on crafting missions / craft is a pain.

Why not make managing this all on one toon a Legacy perk for OH LEGACY lvl50's... Lol i've only been Legacy lvl50 for a year with no benefit.

This way I can craft all on one toon for my legacy. And take it a step further, give us Crafting gambits / presets we can just push 1 button and send X companion on highest rated X mission etc from anyone connected to my Legacy.

Legacy storage? Yeah make that happen already, and why are we running to a guild bank specifically??? Make it another tab on players storage units. No reason not to if they have access.

Edited by Chesty_Jake

Not sure if it has been mentioned but how about Chat Bubbles? Would really go a long way with the RP community and a simple toggle on/off would address the concerns of those against it. A

Also we are in desperate need of a new sit emote....something normal please so we can position ourselves to sit on benches or chairs or even on the ground in a not so strange manner.

Ask much as I would be excited to have most to all of these implemented, how many times have we told BW our wish list only to have them dismiss us like a lost puppy? It is sad that BW acts as if their customer's reasonable desires are not worth acting upon nor competently responding to.

Ask much as I would be excited to have most to all of these implemented, how many times have we told BW our wish list only to have them dismiss us like a lost puppy? It is sad that BW acts as if their customer's reasonable desires are not worth acting upon nor competently responding to.

Thank you for being entirely non-constructive. You are still playing because....?