Men = Formal, girls = sex slaves

Alexthree

The art just doesn't slip on, to get males to wear the slave custom would require art.

IMHO, sure, but not now, way too many more important fish to fry.

If you hadn't noticed, Theron will be customizable soon. So, i think the time is nigh. :p (not that I would do that to my poor Theron)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly, I don't care about skimpy armour in games- so long as there is a male variant. Fair is fair, and it doesn't matter if any of us think it would "look stupid". It's not any of our position to judge what others find attractive.

I'm asexual, so I have no interest in the sexual appeal of revealing clothing. I'd go so far as to say that I think all skimpy armour is ridiculous, regardless of who is wearing it because it directly contradicts the purpose of armour, which is to protect you. But I also understand that it's just a game, people wear it for looks, and it's not my business to tell others what they should or should not have their fictional character wear.

This, however, does not excuse the fact that Bioware has deliberately designed and distributed multiple variants of slave girl bikinis, without offering any alternative for men. There should at least be options for men that are as relatively easy to attain as the various bikinis female characters have access to.

And just for the record, the male variant doesn't even have to be a "bikini". A simple loincloth and/or harness of some sort would work just as well and wouldn't look any more ridiculous or out of place than the bikinis do.

What really makes me blank on this arguement, is the idea of armor to begin with.

What armor do the Jedi and Sith wear? None. They have their lightsaber. Smugglers? None, they wear cool outfits.

Other than Troopers and some Bounty Hunters, who actually wears armor in Star Wars? So, the question is, what's wrong with some skimpy clothes? :p

As I mentioned in my original post, I don't care what people choose to wear in video games (or irl for that matter), and there's nothing inherently wrong with skimpy clothing. My only point was that if there's going to be "sexy armour", at least make it equal opportunity.

To address your point, I use the word "armour" in a more loose context here because of what you mentioned above. Jedi and Sith can wear armour, but they don't necessarily need it- the Force is their armour. That aside, there aren't many easily obtainable materials that can stop a lightsaber, and since in this continuity they're likely to be fighting others wielding a lightsaber, armour wouldn't do much good anyway.

Smugglers don't need to wear armour either- their jobs are dangerous, sure, but if the class was based on such characters as Han Solo, it isn't the sort of danger you'd need armour for. Not on a typical basis, anyway.

An operative doesn't need to wear armour, they're all about stealth, and heavy armour would be difficult to move quietly in. A sniper doesn't need it either, they have the benefit of shields and range.

Basically, when I say "armour", I mean whatever you wear that protects you. Even a simple shirt can offer your skin some protection from harsh weather, or flying bits of debris. Speaking from some medieval martial arts combat experience, a layer of cloth between your skin and any non-lethal impact can mean the difference between going home with some missing skin or just a red mark.

But I was never trying to argue for practicality, as this is just a video game and our characters can run through any battle wearing anything and come out completely unscathed. I wouldn't say people can't have their skimpy slave outfits, but I will say it ought to be available to everyone.

Edited by SourOrange

What really makes me blank on this arguement, is the idea of armor to begin with.

What armor do the Jedi and Sith wear? None. They have their lightsaber. Smugglers? None, they wear cool outfits.

Other than Troopers and some Bounty Hunters, who actually wears armor in Star Wars? So, the question is, what's wrong with some skimpy clothes? :p

In the Legends Universe, both Sith and Jedi wore armor. It's only after the Ruusan Reformation that the Jedi Order lost the right to use armor. It was done by the Republic Senate to cripple the Jedi Order potential military threat. It's also what lead to a concentration on Coruscant of the training of the Jedi. That way, if they wanted to take down the order, they could wipe out a lot of them since they would protect the younglings by attacking the Coruscant temple.

Between that and the interdiction of wearing armor, it made the Jedi vulnerable to Order 66 and the use of heavy blaster fire to overwhelm the Jedi.

Dye the Basic Underwear White/White on a Rattataki girl (with Covert Energy elsewhere) and she looks almost like she's naked, from a distance. (Up close, you can see from behind that she's wearing panties or whatever as lowers, and the griddy stuff on the top remains visible, but at a distance, ...)

You can do the same with fancy (and other) dancers bottoms, with white/grey.. add the relaxed top and you've got what looks like a naked toon with gloves and a bit of cloth around her breasts

Let's be honest, IRL if any of us guys tried on that slave outfit we would look ridiculous with one of our balls hangin out the side :( Thus, the female specifics :D

That's what tape is for.

Although make sure to shave first.

In the Legends Universe, both Sith and Jedi wore armor. It's only after the Ruusan Reformation that the Jedi Order lost the right to use armor. It was done by the Republic Senate to cripple the Jedi Order potential military threat. It's also what lead to a concentration on Coruscant of the training of the Jedi. That way, if they wanted to take down the order, they could wipe out a lot of them since they would protect the younglings by attacking the Coruscant temple.

Between that and the interdiction of wearing armor, it made the Jedi vulnerable to Order 66 and the use of heavy blaster fire to overwhelm the Jedi.

It's a story like that, that makes me wonder if getting rid of Legends was, after all, a good idea. :p

"The law is now, Jedi can't wear armor."

"Okay!" *get trained in the ways of the force, the denounce the order, but deep down, not really, and start wearing armor* "Totally not a Jedi. Just a person who knows how to use the force and wield a light saber" :p

Other than Troopers and some Bounty Hunters, who actually wears armor in Star Wars? So, the question is, what's wrong with some skimpy clothes?

Jedi and Sith (and others) wear "force-infused" clothing. Technically, anything you wear than is designed to mitigate damage would be "armor". Even sunscreen can be considered "armor" (against harmful UV rays).

Covert Energy Armor = armor that you can't see (covert) that has ray shielding (energy) generators built in to act as armor.

Formal is just the name of the outfit. There are plenty more outfits that easy are formal cloths except in name, almost all are gender neutral, with a few exceptions. As for the slave outfit, sorry OP but this is based on Princess Leia's slave outfit from the 1982 film. If this is your biggest gripe then that's your issue not mine. Over 150 outfits in-game and you are complaining about just one. Kinda sad. Edited by DreadtechSavant

Your inability to make your point without resorting to ad hominem attacks are the only thing here that seems like "cancer and toxic" to me.

People are a lot more likely to listen to your argument if you present it from a neutral standpoint and clarify that it's your opinion. Because guess what? Everyone has an opinion- and in some cases, no one's is 100% wrong or right.

The moment you resort to insults and attacks, you have lost the argument, because once you do that, most open minds are liable to shut. Very few people want to be someone else's verbal punching bag, especially if it's some stranger over the internet.

That said, I do agree with your point that making the "female" clothing available to male as is wouldn't be the best course of action. Since it's designed for the female model, I can foresee a mess of clipping and texture stretching. In my opinion the best way to fix the issue is to simply even it out by presenting equivalent skimpy sets for males that are designed similarly to the slave sets for women.

That doesn't eliminate the skimpiness, which seems to be a point of contention for some, but it doesn't seem like that was ever really the main problem- it's a galaxy far, far away where cultures of all sorts co-mingle and some ways they collide are anything but ideal. Slavery exists there in many forms- it's a part of the story and its attendant drama.

But women aren't the only victims of it, and I'm sure that in this diverse and huge galaxy far, far away, there would be a market for scantily clad men as well.

Edited by SourOrange

I want to wear the formal clothes on my character. "It's ok, there's a slave costume for girls" I am told.

While I'm perfectly fine with there being ****ty outfits in game, I find it incredibly offencive and ****ed up that I only get one option- ****.

And if you have a problem with me calling a spade a spade, deal w/ it. Bioware put the costume in the game and they knew what they were doing.

Remove all gender restrictions from items.

Removing gender restrictions would first require that they create new versions of the items that would fit properly on all of the body types/sizes. It's not a bad idea, just probably not one that can simply be done with a flip of a switch.

That being said, my female Jedi Sage currently has 8 outfits, including some beautiful outfits that I put together using components that were not necessarily intended to go together. If you spend some time looking at what dropped armor looks like or surf the GTN you can find things that are not slave outfits.

I wish we could upload images here, but her most formal outfit consists of the following:

Eternal Commander's Force-Healer's Headgear

Toxic Force-Lord's Robe (dyed primary purple)

Aristocrat's Gloves

Stately Dress Cuffs

Eternal Commander's MK-1 Force Mystic's Belt

Aristocrat's Skirt

Senator's Shoes

The outfit is white with gold lace-like and purple trim colors. The headgear is a mask covering only her eyes--totally appropriate for a Miraluka--that has gold trim on a purple background (from the primary dye color on the robe). I spent quite a bit of time looking for just the right pieces to put this outfit together.

Editing to add: I do find it frustrating that a rather large number of outfits look as though the fact that they "fit" on a character who has breasts was an afterthought. Some of them look downright ridiculous.

Edited by Lilarienne