Men = Formal, girls = sex slaves

Alexthree

that's funny... none of my outfits look skimpy.

I didn't say all the female costumes are skimpy, only that (to my knowledge) there aren't any skimpy costumes for men.

There's a ****ty slave outfit that only girls can wear. That doesn't mean girls HAVE to, but there's definitely something wrong with the implication that women are the only ones who should. Or that only women are slaves, etc. It's just questionable.

Honestly guys I can't see how anyone could defend this. I'm not saying the company as a whole is run by misogynistic ******es, they clearly created a game that is free from such things...with this small exception. I just want that remedied.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say all the female costumes are skimpy, only that (to my knowledge) there aren't any skimpy costumes for men.

There's a ****ty slave outfit that only girls can wear. That doesn't mean girls HAVE to, but there's definitely something wrong with the implication that women are the only ones who should. Or that only women are slaves, etc. It's just questionable.

Honestly guys I can't see how anyone could defend this. I'm not saying the company as a whole is run by misogynistic ******es, they clearly created a game that is free from such things...with this small exception. I just want that remedied.

Or it could be, I don't know, the fact the slave girl outfit is a somewhat iconic outfit from the series due to the whole Return of the Jedi movie.

The truth comes out. You want a skimpy outfit for the men too!

In the Star Wars universe, females were predominately slaves when compared to males. In that statistic, most were used as dancers for the sole purpose of entertaining their owners/owners guests. Did you watch RotJ and flip out because Leia and Oola were dressed in scantly garbs, but Luke and Han weren't?

I have to say that I agree.

What....You're telling me that there are no male slaves in space? If there are ****ty outfits for the ladies, let's get some ****ty outfits for the gentlemen, as well. Fair is fair.

Exactly. Or that only girls should be allowed to wear skimpy outfits, which is just as bad.

Either way you look at it there's a sexist implication, and I don't like it. It is also unfair in general as somebody upthread pointed out- girls have to wait until social rank 2 before getting any of the special clothes.

All I want is access to the same game people who made male characters have. The game has a nice 'gender-fairness' thing going on, and I like that for example my sith master is a strong independent woman, but this was a real slap in the face.

It's fair game.

that's funny... none of my outfits look skimpy.

Ditto. The most revealing outfit i've got from quests or drops is a belly shirt thing, and besides those, they all have been quite modest with full coverage. It's a nice change from WoW and other games where i have to search for something that isn't stripperific. (if you know WoW, black mageweave leggings, says it all. Though blizzard has gotten better since then.)

No clue about social gear, haven't really looked at it, but do agree there should be more options, as more choice is always better.

I'm surprised you aren't offended by the rampant racism, greed, selfishness, MURDER, deceit and betrayal, fascism... but, oh no, exclude male bikinis and it's time to flip your ****.

Maybe you should take this issue up with the Hutts, I'm sure they'd love to hear about it.

I'm surprised you aren't offended by the rampant racism, greed, selfishness, MURDER, deceit and betrayal, fascism... but, oh no, exclude male bikinis and it's time to flip your ****.

Maybe you should take this issue up with the Hutts, I'm sure they'd love to hear about it.

The bikinis are the true terror of the galaxy!

Edited by Koyi_Aldira

This is why the entire argument is a sham. That and RL society doesn't apply to Star Wars society. There are still slaves in the game. I don't see civil rights activists shouting "FREE TWI'LEKS NAO!" That entire race is built upon slavery.

This is why the entire argument is a sham. That and RL society doesn't apply to Star Wars society. There are still slaves in the game. I don't see civil rights activists shouting "FREE TWI'LEKS NAO!" That entire race is built upon slavery.

Smugglin' them Twi`lek slaves out of there, that's what I do.

Uh... except we're not talking about the story. We're talking about the mechanics of the game.

If they wanted to make the slave costume work for guys (for example, shirtless cabana boys) that would be fine. Thing is, as it stands all the gender-biased outfits are designed to work on either gender. I was able to see what my character would look like in the formal outfit before buying it.

And there is the much more important GAME BALANCE issue. Male characters get a full set of slotted items long before female characters have access to the same ability.

Uh... except we're not talking about the story. We're talking about the mechanics of the game.

If they wanted to make the slave costume work for guys (for example, shirtless cabana boys) that would be fine. Thing is, as it stands all the gender-biased outfits are designed to work on either gender. I was able to see what my character would look like in the formal outfit before buying it.

And there is the much more important GAME BALANCE issue. Male characters get a full set of slotted items long before female characters have access to the same ability.

It's hardly game balance, only... two? Of the classes in the game should be using Light armor at all. So for that small chunk, maybe a little bit. But at the low levels, having a full set of orange stuff doesn't mean as much.

It's hardly game balance, only... two? Of the classes in the game should be using Light armor at all. So for that small chunk, maybe a little bit. But at the low levels, having a full set of orange stuff doesn't mean as much.

So because this issue only affects the minority of players it should be ignored?

If you want to say "the developers have more important things to deal with before this" that is understandable, but why argue that it isn't an issue when it clearly is? Just because something isn't your problem doesn't mean it isn't one.

So because this issue only affects the minority of players it should be ignored?

If you want to say "the developers have more important things to deal with before this" that is understandable, but why argue that it isn't an issue when it clearly is? Just because something isn't your problem doesn't mean it isn't one.

It's arguable to say it's even a problem. If it was, you'd see more threads about it.

And really, you brought it up. There's a lot more things that the game has to patch first, instead of something regarding social items that most people even forget exist.

Males vs female items?

Social items maybe, but I have yet to come across an actual combat dressing that says "only a guy/girl can wear this.

It's arguable to say it's even a problem. If it was, you'd see more threads about it.

And really, you brought it up. There's a lot more things that the game has to patch first, instead of something regarding social items that most people even forget exist.

Again, not many people having a problem with something doesn't make it a non-problem. I'm willing to bet the majority of players are men, and the majority of their characters are male. And this problem only seems to exist on sith-side, but I'm not sure. So only Sith Inquisitors would ever really notice or care about this.

It's still an issue. "This isn't high priority," that I won't argue. "This shouldn't be changed" is just ridiculous.

They do have formal wear for female toons. The Corascant social gear is formal gear for females. My Sage is wearing it now.

I want the Aladraan Noble gear for my female characters.

As for the OP I am going to assume more of it will be added latter. As of right now there are other things I would like to see.

Again, not many people having a problem with something doesn't make it a non-problem. I'm willing to bet the majority of players are men, and the majority of their characters are male. And this problem only seems to exist on sith-side, but I'm not sure. So only Sith Inquisitors would ever really notice or care about this.

It's still an issue. "This isn't high priority," that I won't argue. "This shouldn't be changed" is just ridiculous.

At least on Rubat Crystal, Republic side, its a pretty even split of male and female in my experience.

Males vs female items?

Social items maybe, but I have yet to come across an actual combat dressing that says "only a guy/girl can wear this.

The social items are orange and therefore make fine combat items when modded. At a level when you don't even have a hat yet, that can be a considerable upgrade.

I want the Aladraan Noble gear for my female characters.

As for the OP I am going to assume more of it will be added latter. As of right now there are other things I would like to see.

I would like all the social items to be available to everyone, regardless of faction, but at least that I can see as reasonable.