Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?

bodhisattvasw

Notice how you say this,

"I'm trying to finish the weekly, and I get into a WZ where the outcome is fairly clear in the first two minutes - not a great back and forth like I played last night, but one where for mismatch reasons or whatever you're just clearly going to lose - then spending an additional 10-12 minutes in there is a complete waste of my time."

And you become self absorbed about "your time".

Let me explain something, when people become self absorbed and egotistical about "their time", they screw other people in the process by quitting a warzone and ruining "other peoples time".

Does that make sense or do I need to explain what the word egotistical?

Fact is since Bioware allows players to be lazy and inconsiderate when it comes to the "Leave Warzone" button, and they know they should rethink the method of madness when it comes to it.

Will they pull the trigger who knows.

And it still gives no excuse to use it like players do, not to mention the excuses to use that button puts games into chaotic proportions.

Now that you explained how Im selfabsorbed about my time if i don't make sure others have fun even though i suffer utter boredom the few spare hours i have, please explain how i ruin other players time by leaving?

-If i leave because the game is allready lost?

-If i leave when everyone else have given up?

-If i leave because the majority of the team fail to focus on actually winning?

-If i leave due to a failing match because noone responds to OPS?

-If i leave the second i load in because i dislike the WZ?

-If i leave because the opposing team scores or takes the nodes a few min into the game?

-If i leave [insert scenario here]

See, in my eyes only the bolded line is possibly agreeing with your statement, and thats only if the team listened/used OPS, played objectives and actually tried their best etc. Because otherwise i will not acknowledge that the person leaving is the one ruining "your" gametime - instead i would argue that those guys who just made him leave have that responsibility to answer for.

The other reasons listed, they do not by any means ruin anyone elses time since the very reason itself IS that the game is allready ruined by others....unless "I" was the one ruining the game, in which case i'd do the team a favor by being replaced. (Except if i leave due to hating the WZ itslef, in which case it's on BW)

So yes, please explain again about the word "egotistical". Make me understand how the person leaving is the one being egotistic and not the people who ignored all teamplay and went on their own missions. Or why not the guy calling him names for leaving, wanting to force him to stay and suffer through just because he enjoys being in a team that lacks basic common sense.

I have to wonder how anyone could enjoy and find it fun to play a game in a failed team where several goes about their own business without regard of objectives, winning or teamspirit? And then swearing at the guy who leaves hoping for better gameplay and some actual good pvp?

And if the players hating on "quitters" didn't find it entertaining and fun in that failing team to begin with - why the heck are they doing it? For the ones who ruined the match? For that guy who's actually trying and still wont have fun wether or not you stay or leave?

Im willing to bet the players that hiss at those who leave, rather often are part of the reason why "that guy" left in the first place...who has a better reason to get upset when someone leaves an allready failing team, if not one who needs to get carried...

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. No one wants a lazy teammate standing there being dead weight... let them leave.

2. You get kicked often enough because of crappy connections that many people would be penalized for nothing.

3. They should fix plenty of ACTUAL issues with PvP before they start making even less people want to play.

* I pay to have fun, give me one single good reason why i should keep doing that if i have to endure warzones i hate? No, if any form of debuff would be approaching, they would have to give us the option to either exclude or chose warzones first or lose a bunch of subs for sure.

I didn't chose to enter that WZ and there is simply no way i would stay in this game if had was forced potentially spend all my spare time doing stuff i dont want to. Im sure im not alone.

* I had that happen, no idea why and i usually have no problems - but ill tell you, i would be pretty annoyed to get locked out because of it.

* Yes, they're gonna reduce the chance but afaik there will still be times when you backfill, or did i get that wrong? If so, the question remains.

* Keep going!? Seriously, if everyone in my team has given up and im the only one trying , i should have a justified RIGHT to leave. Again i request; In such cases (Which do happen alot) give me one good reason why I should be punished for leaving?

There simply are no justified reasons to punish players for leaving in many cases, most often there are other players causing it - and those are the ones who would do well learning a lesson.

You are pointing your finger in the wrong direction, its uncoopreative players and BW's systems that makes ppl wanna leave a WZ in most cases. Fix that first, and then im all for punishing anyone who leaves a warzone.

Your 1 reason.

Others pay as well. If you gimp them by leaving, then you should be gimped with a quitter cooldown.

EDIT: Keep in mind this IS an MMO. Getting sucky groups is a risk of that. If you want a team of people who know what they're doing then group with some friends or try rated?

Just because you pay for the game doesn't necessarily mean you will be able to play it entirely your way unfortunately. But hey, you do have the right to voice your opinion. I understand what you're saying, just don't entirely agree with it.

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

there are so many ways the root causes of this (and other) PvP war zone problems could be fixed, you only have to read some of the very good suggestions on threads going back to day one. If half f the good ideas had been implemented rather than just letting kiddy coder devs with no clue screw PvP up until they had to remove Open World PvP then things would be in decent shape and this thread wouldn't need to exist.

Serious? This game has been out this long and they haven't bothered to add a CD for quitters? Even Rift has a 30 minute quitters penalty.

Last warzone we cycled through AT LEAST 9 different people, and there was simply no way to win without the team we started with. We were winning, but so many cycled, we ended up losing. There simply has to be a penalty for that nonsense in the game.. It's remarkable this hasn't already been done.

They can't put in a penalty until they let players select which WZ they want to play. Why should a player play a WZ they hate just cuz they got stuck there randomly? I do agree there should be a 30 min penalty, but not until we can select. I would never play voidstar and i shouldn't be penalized because I didn't choose to go into it.

mkay....in my opinion WZs is "not" pvp WZs is just a way to get comms and such i dont quit WZs cause the truth is....i'am not really a fan of Puging and although Bio-ware feels that WZs iis a good way to pvp i just have one thing to say...er herm........BRING BACK OPEN WORLD PVP FFS PLEASE.... thank you

Now that you explained how Im selfabsorbed about my time if i don't make sure others have fun even though i suffer utter boredom the few spare hours i have, please explain how i ruin other players time by leaving?

-If i leave [insert scenario here]

-If i leave because playing same faction as Cealiux and facing him in Voidstar, With my stealther i plant a bomb just behind him who's guarding the door, not watching it and he's not in combat?

-If i leave because playing same faction as Cealiux and facing him in Civil War. With my stealther i capture an objective just behind him who's guarding, not watching and not in combat?

Who's ruining the game there?

When i think about it, i always have a good laugh, but anyway...

Is it enough or do you want me to mention more scenarios?

Oh damn... you give him tips how to play in warzone and Caeliux wants to punish you with a debuff.

Edited by Annuk

people quit wzs due to muppets. Muppet players are the ones who cant call inc, get ninja capped, too stupid use to common sense - so why should ppl hang around if your opponents say plant the first bomb inside 35 seconds?

I would rather leave and find people who know what they are doing. At least then. if we lose, we played well and didnt lose to stupid players inability to use their brains.

people quit wzs due to muppets. Muppet players are the ones who cant call inc, get ninja capped, too stupid use to common sense - so why should ppl hang around if your opponents say plant the first bomb inside 35 seconds?

I would rather leave and find people who know what they are doing. At least then. if we lose, we played well and didnt lose to stupid players inability to use their brains.

Well said.

mkay....in my opinion WZs is "not" pvp WZs is just a way to get comms and such i dont quit WZs cause the truth is....i'am not really a fan of Puging and although Bio-ware feels that WZs iis a good way to pvp i just have one thing to say...er herm........BRING BACK OPEN WORLD PVP FFS PLEASE.... thank you

Omg wpvp... Yes please.

-If i leave because playing same faction as Cealiux and facing him in Voidstar, With my stealther i plant a bomb just behind him who's guarding the door, not watching it and he's not in combat?

-If i leave because playing same faction as Caeliux and facing him in Civil War. With my stealther i capture an objective just behind him who's guarding, not watching and not in combat?

Who's ruining the game there?

When i think about it, i always have a good laugh, but anyway...

Is it enough or do you want me to mention more scenarios?

Oh damn... you give him tips how to play in warzone and Caeliux wants to punish you with a debuff.

It's not just me that wants it and I have repeated a few times there is pros and cons to a deserter buff, but something has to give.

Allowing people to quit ruins other peoples time, it is a self absorbed option and I have no idea why Bioware thinks it ok allowing players to quit and leave other people to deal with a game with no consequences.

People that quit games don't make a mmo community better, it makes them lazy and self absorbed, and when you give people options like that they will will cry if things change where that freedom is taken away.

Just look at the responses when I say there should be a deserter buff, imagine if Bioware actually installed it and wanted people to get punished for acting like children and rage quitting.

People that love quitting in this game would be foaming outta the mouth screaming like a 5 year old that got his toy gun taken away and sent to bed for the rest of the night.

Edited by Caeliux

Here are some truths:

Re-entry cooldowns/debuffs will tick off many people.

They will tick off more people than they will mollify.

Ticked off people stop subscribing.

Ticked off people stop spending $$$ on Cartel Coins.

Cooldowns/debuffs will cause many ticked off people to leave the game.

EAWare wants people to spend $$$ on Cartel Coins, and to subscribe.

EAWare will do absolutely anything that isn't illegal to keep their cash flow, and to keep people playing the game.

Realizing the above truths, EAWare is not going to institute drop penalties of any sort.

Ever.

Allowing people to quit ruins other peoples time, it is a self absorbed option and I have no idea why Bioware thinks it ok allowing players to quit and leave other people to deal with a game with no consequences.

Caeliux, You are denying hackers exist in SWTOR. You are denying they exist in other MMOs like warcraft.

You want players to stay in a warzone where there could be a potential hacker.

I posted in this thread what happened in warzones in the past. But you are a stubborn boy denying the truth.

READ CAELIUX

People that quit games don't make a mmo community better, it makes them lazy and self absorbed, and when you give people options like that they will will cry if things change where that freedom is taken away.

Caeliux, you are defining what hackers do in MMO games. But you deny their existence.

Actually the lazy ones are the people who bought credits from vendors spamming the general chat on the fleet and spamming mailbox players. Not the players leaving a warzone.

People buying credits want things easy in game without farming because they don't want to play with other players to do the dailies together.

READ CAELIUX

Just look at the responses when I say there should be a deserter buff, imagine if Bioware actually installed it and wanted people to get punished for acting like children and rage quitting.

You like to use the verb "to punish". You call people children and you are acting like one.

We don't want to play with you in warzone but you force us to.

Caeliux, Bioware actually "punish" the hackers with a temporary ban.

They are not going to do the same with players leaving a warzone because Bioware don't want to repeat the same mistakes as in the other MMO games.

Caeliux, you really don't realize the great chance you have to meet and play with people from all around the world.

And yet, you come here in the forum, in this thread with your idea of a punitive crusade against players leaving warzone.

You are playing a game Caeliux, you are not in war with people who enjoy this game.

You have a serious problem in your life, boy.

People that love quitting in this game would be foaming outta the mouth screaming like a 5 year old that got his toy gun taken away and sent to bed for the rest of the night.

By the way, you are quoting Martin Luther King and you are denying the unarmed truth about hackers existence in MMOs.

Again Caeliux, read entirely what people post and don't be a child reading only what you want.

Edited by Annuk

Your 1 reason.

Others pay as well. If you gimp them by leaving, then you should be gimped with a quitter cooldown.

EDIT: Keep in mind this IS an MMO. Getting sucky groups is a risk of that. If you want a team of people who know what they're doing then group with some friends or try rated?

Just because you pay for the game doesn't necessarily mean you will be able to play it entirely your way unfortunately. But hey, you do have the right to voice your opinion. I understand what you're saying, just don't entirely agree with it.

What i asked was to give me 1 single good reason how it would be appealing to me to pay a sub fee each month if 50% of the sparetime i have goes to playing maps that i hate.

The fact that other ppl are paying for their game as well, doesn't give me any more reason to keep subbing. If i hate a particular WZ map, i simply shouldn't be forced to play it. Simple as that.

Before ppl start screaming "DEBUFF THEM", they need to justify and motivate punishment for those who leave for that reason or the many other valid reasons to leave a wz, such as DC, Harassment, flaming, team given up etc.

Caeliux, You are denying hackers exist in SWTOR. You are denying they exist in other MMOs like warcraft.

I don't care about hackers and I know they exist, and your right I don't care about excuses.

Quitters deserve a debuff allowing them to do as they please when they ruin other peoples time.

Before ppl start screaming "DEBUFF THEM", they need to justify and motivate punishment for those who leave for that reason or the many other valid reasons to leave a wz, such as DC, Harassment, flaming, team given up etc.

Everyone has opinions and some of them I could see being listen to, but fact is when someone has a opinion and leaves a game that game is almost lost every single time. I am not tallking about from start before game is in session leave, that isn't rage quitting.

I am talking about the person who puts a white flag up, surrenders, in the first 2 minutes quitter. The quitter that gives no chance or effort and rage quits when a game still can be won.

Yes a debuff would effect people that disconnect so Bioware would have to do something about that, far as people loop holing the system like disconnecting on purpose well there is a way to deal with that as well.

Here are some truths:

Re-entry cooldowns/debuffs will tick off many people.

They will tick off more people than they will mollify.

Ticked off people stop subscribing.

Ticked off people stop spending $$$ on Cartel Coins.

Cooldowns/debuffs will cause many ticked off people to leave the game.

EAWare wants people to spend $$$ on Cartel Coins, and to subscribe.

EAWare will do absolutely anything that isn't illegal to keep their cash flow, and to keep people playing the game.

Realizing the above truths, EAWare is not going to institute drop penalties of any sort.

Ever.

I am afraid this person is right ^

Sad but true fact, Bioware cares more about money than rules and guidelines at this moment.

What i asked was to give me 1 single good reason how it would be appealing to me to pay a sub fee each month if 50% of the sparetime i have goes to playing maps that i hate.

The fact that other ppl are paying for their game as well, doesn't give me any more reason to keep subbing. If i hate a particular WZ map, i simply shouldn't be forced to play it. Simple as that.

Then that's your choice, unsub if you want. One less quitter to put of with.

Why should I along with other six players have to put up with your leaving us a man down all because "you dont like that map or team"?

I don't care about hackers and I know they exist, and your right I don't care about excuses.

Quitters deserve a debuff allowing them to do as they please when they ruin other peoples time.

If you knew they exist, then you wouldn't come in the forum with your rage on "punishing" players.

Your idea Caelux, it's only to take people in hostage.

And stop talking about ruining people's time.

If you don't have the time to play, then do something else or just try to find more time in your life to enjoy this game Caeliux.

You are not coming with strong and right arguments, or any good ideas to do something against people leaving in warzone

At the early pages of this thread some players have posted good ideas to enougrage players staying in a losing warzone. TO ENCOURAGE

Not to punish like you have used so many times in your posts Caeliux.

You have been told so many times Caeliux, how people were hacking in warzones, there are some videos about that on youtube. But you don't believe it.

But again Caeliux, you want to force us staying in a warzone where there is someone cheating.

Who are you Caeliux to say who deserve and who doesn't? Are you god?

Not, you aren't, you are just a troll and a bad player in warzone.

I will quit if I see that I have a disfunctional group against premades. And no, I am not "blaming premades" like one guys said in one match. I was trying to tell people we need to coordinate because we were facing 2 premades and before I could get done typing, I get "hahahaa blame premades blah blah blah."

Sorry. Sometimes people are bad and sometimes I just plain don't like you.

I will quit if I see that I have a disfunctional group against premades.

I understand, but your opinions to leave deserve a deserter buff.

Your idea Caelux, it's only to take people in hostage.

Nope, I just want consequences for rage quitters that quit for egotistical reasons.

Only someone that is a quitter would deny that, and anything trying to prove that fact wrong is irrelevant.

Notice when I say punishment for selfish acts happens the egotistical people swarm in, amazing isn't it.

Then that's your choice, unsub if you want. One less quitter to put of with.

Why should I along with other six players have to put up with your leaving us a man down all because "you dont like that map or team"?

Because i leave before the game even starts and someone else takes my spot. Explain again why i deserve a debuff for that? Me leaving at that point doesn't determine anything about the actual outcome of the game. It shouldn't even be considered "quitting" since i haven't actually started anything.

First of all, i never said anything about "not liking the team", i was talking about hating a certain map or not wanting to play "Huttball" for the 6th time in a row.

If im not able to chose or exclude warzones when i queue, it's obvious that i will need the right to deny playing if the random content that pops up is something i don't find entertaining.

You have to put up with that because you have NO right to demand another person to do something against his will, and the person leaving is not by any means forcing you to do anything against your will.

It's bad enough that BW decided that the only way to queue for pvp would be by random draw of maps. Complete strangers claiming they are in their full rights to demand me to play games i dont want to....thats a whole new level of selfrightious stupidity.

You don't find the warzone entertaining if someone leaves from your team? - Well there's an option to leave. Use it or put up with the match. YOU are not forced to play against your will, neither should anyone else be.

Because i leave before the game even starts and someone else takes my spot. Explain again why i deserve a debuff for that? Me leaving at that point doesn't determine anything about the actual outcome of the game. It shouldn't even be considered "quitting" since i haven't actually started anything.

Agree completely. The match hasn't started, it's still on countdown before the screen drops, and the system has time to fill in the slots before the match even begins.

I can see someone getting upset two, three minutes into the game, but before it even begins? I'm not enough of a tantrum-thrower to get upset over someone dropping immediately upon entry (and yes, that includes backfills). They've committed to nothing, they owe you nothing, and you deserve nothing from them. Deal with it, people.

I understand, but your opinions to leave deserve a deserter buff.

Nope, I just want consequences for rage quitters that quit for egotistical reasons.

Only someone that is a quitter would deny that, and anything trying to prove that fact wrong is irrelevant.

Notice when I say punishment for selfish acts happens the egotistical people swarm in, amazing isn't it.

I'm just curious, how can the system determine if someone leaves a WZ for "egotistical reasons?"