Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?

bodhisattvasw

I'm just curious, how can the system determine if someone leaves a WZ for "egotistical reasons?"

By clicking "Leave Warzone" you make that choose to leave 7 other people in a match to deal with the game, meaning when you made that choice you did it for your reason only, and that is self absorbed and egotistical.

It's not like these leavers are typing 'Hey guys I am leaving I am sorry" or hey guy would you mind if I step outta this match I am having problems dealing with the pressure".

No.

People quit over opinions of the warzone, so a feature that allows people to make choices like that is completely retarded and it gets abused every single day.

I know Bioware is to blame for alot of things, but allowing people to leave warzones without consequences is the biggest goof ball move I have seen a mmo.

No wonder the quitters stand up and cry when someone likes me says its not ok, they don't want to lose the egotistical leave warzone button.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because i leave before the game even starts and someone else takes my spot. Explain again why i deserve a debuff for that? Me leaving at that point doesn't determine anything about the actual outcome of the game. It shouldn't even be considered "quitting" since i haven't actually started anything.

Why should I along with other six players have to put up with your leaving us a man down all because "you dont like that map or team"?

First of all, i never said anything about "not liking the team", i was talking about hating a certain map or not wanting to play "Huttball" for the 6th time in a row.

If im not able to chose or exclude warzones when i queue, it's obvious that i will need the right to deny playing if the random content that pops up is something i don't find entertaining.

You have to put up with that because you have NO right to demand another person to do something against his will, and the person leaving is not by any means forcing you to do anything against your will.

It's bad enough that BW decided that the only way to queue for pvp would be by random draw of maps. Complete strangers claiming they are in their full rights to demand me to play games i dont want to....thats a whole new level of selfrightious stupidity.

You don't find the warzone entertaining if someone leaves from your team? - Well there's an option to leave. Use it or put up with the match. YOU are not forced to play against your will, neither should anyone else be.

What if your entire team gave up and you're the only one that keeps going?

This suggests you've already started the game making that point void.

If im not able to chose or exclude warzones when i queue, it's obvious that i will need the right to deny playing if the random content that pops up is something i don't find entertaining.

Then I suggest making your own thread asking for the ability to select wz's In which case I would agree with you.

You have to put up with that because you have NO right to demand another person to do something against his will, and the person leaving is not by any means forcing you to do anything against your will.

I demand nothing of someone against their will. You can leave just know there should be consequences for cropping your fellow players. You suggest we follow in same? Some of us prefer to fight until the end. I can't begin to list the number of games where a quitter wanting an easy win leaves after we lose a node and we change tactics.. Winning the game. Though this isn't often it happens.

Leaving a warzone just for your own personal reasons. Talk about "self righteous stupidity"

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

By clicking "Leave Warzone" you make that choose to leave 7 other people in a match to deal with the game, meaning when you made that choice you did it for your reason only, and that is self absorbed and egotistical.

It's not like these leavers are typing 'Hey guys I am leaving I am sorry" or hey guy would you mind if I step outta this match I am having problems dealing with the pressure".

No.

People quit over opinions of the warzone, so a feature that allows people to make choices like that is completely retarded and it gets abused every single day.

I know Bioware is to blame for alot of things, but allowing people to leave warzones without consequences is the biggest goof ball move I have seen a mmo.

No wonder the quitters stand up and cry when someone likes me says its not ok, they don't want to lose the egotistical leave warzone button.

You didn't answer my question. You want these people punished. I am asking how you propose to determine who is ditching for "egotistical" reasons vs. people who have real life emergencies.

You didn't answer my question. You want these people punished. I am asking how you propose to determine who is ditching for "egotistical" reasons vs. people who have real life emergencies.

I understand people have real life emergencies, and also has disconnects that cause someone to leave a warzone.

But, that excuse to start a game and leave means that game is still dealt a hand of losing someone, meaning the 7 other people have to work twice as hard to succeed a victory.

There is no way to determine why someone left, all the 7 other people know is someone quit for whatever reason, and that reason alone needs discipline.

Is it fair? No not to the innocent people that didn't rage quit, but a line would need drawn allowing a feature where people can choose to screw a game up when they please which we have.

Guys, we have a system that ruins other peoples time by leaving for whatever reason, how many of you think that is ok?

I mean serious.

I only ragequit when the game is so bad there is no possible way to redeem the situation. It can be very frustrating when you're matched with a group of nubs and have to go up against an experienced premade in full wh/ewh. I really don't care what anyone thinks of me for leaving a one-sided, irredeemable and completely unenjoyable warzone.

That being said, should there be a cooldown? I think so. But perhaps only for 5-10 minutes, which would probably be longer than what it takes to finish the warzone.

Just curious Caeliux...how to you envision matches going if you get what you desire?

Same as they go now, nothing changes, only thing that would is punishment for leaving.

So therefore some, not all, some would think twice about rage quitting.

Consequences is not a bad thing when showing people they can't abuse leaving games, it actually structures a mentality not all quitters get the say so when it come to games and the people they left get to know that person that just left don't get away with it.

Rules and guidelines provides structure, and structure provides growth.

Same as they go now, nothing changes, only thing that would is punishment for leaving.

So therefore some, not all, some would think twice about rage quitting.

Consequences is not a bad thing when showing people they can't abuse leaving games, it actually structures a mentality not all quitters get the say so when it come to games and the people they left get to know that person that just left don't get away with it.

Rules and guidelines provides structure, and structure provides growth.

Well I am glad you think matches would go identical to now with a penalty in place. Sure it depends on how severe the penalty is...and whether or not it is accountwide or not. While I do not support your desire as I feel it is short sighted, I do respect your opinions.

I see it going differently and creating a whole new set of behaviors to ***** about.

Edited by Urantia

Well I am glad you think matches would go identical to now with a penalty in place. Sure it depends on how severe the penalty is...and whether or not it is accountwide or not. While I do not support your desire as I feel it is short sighted, I do respect your opinions.

I sure don't want sever penalty's for quitting or geting disconnected, lets be frank things happen and so does real life.

Long as something happens to rage quitters I would be happy with it, a time out is not a bad idea.

What I mean is I think unsportsmanlike conduct should not be tolerated. :)

Edited by Caeliux

I understand, but your opinions to leave deserve a deserter buff.

Nope, I just want consequences for rage quitters that quit for egotistical reasons.

Only someone that is a quitter would deny that, and anything trying to prove that fact wrong is irrelevant.

Notice when I say punishment for selfish acts happens the egotistical people swarm in, amazing isn't it.

Caeliux, do you remember what you said?

Let me refresh your mind boy: Kids will be kids, and patience comes with age. Problem I see in forums like SWTOR is everyone wants to get a word in, but nobody reads nothing anyone says, it's like talking to a wall that don't talk back.

http://www.darthhater.com/forums/forum-home/general-discussion/24183-haha-this-is-so-funny#c10

You like to mock at the SWTOR community and sadly right now Caeliux in this thread you are defining yourself in what you have written in that link Caeliux, you mock at us, but when i red what you wrote there, you are not better boy.

I'm truely sorry Caeliux. but you are trolling too much here.

Caeliux now will rush to delete and edit his posts. Coward.

You just want us to stay in the same warzone with hackers?

Do you understand Caeliux you are being a fool with no strong and right arguments for what you ask?

You have a serious problem in your life to punish people you play with in game. Make some friends in game Caeliux.

Edited by Annuk

I understand, but your opinions to leave deserve a deserter buff.

Nope, I just want consequences for rage quitters that quit for egotistical reasons.

Only someone that is a quitter would deny that, and anything trying to prove that fact wrong is irrelevant.

Notice when I say punishment for selfish acts happens the egotistical people swarm in, amazing isn't it.

You're still not MENSA chairman? I can't believe it.

Edited by Joesixxpack

This suggests you've already started the game making that point void.

Yes it makes THAT point void in the situation you reffer to, but very much validates another. That sentence is cut out from a completly different post, i never said that in the post you originally quoted pal.

And still yet you refrain from answering how it would be fair punishing someone who leaves because his entire team gave up, which is the valid point that raises instead of "the right to leave a WZ you hate". Both are very much valid reasons to quit a WZ and you know it.

Then I suggest making your own thread asking for the ability to select wz's In which case I would agree with you.

Nope. This goes hand in hand with the demand to punish ppl leaving. Before you start crying about how you wanna punish ppl who leaves - make sure all valid reasons to leave are removed. The only thing egocentric and selfabsorbed is demanding a debuff on ppl before you have a proposal that doesn't punish innocents. YOU dont know why a guy silently leaves a WZ, and thats how the majority leaves.

I demand nothing of someone against their will. You can leave just know there should be consequences for cropping your fellow players. You suggest we follow in same? Some of us prefer to fight until the end. I can't begin to list the number of games where a quitter wanting an easy win leaves after we lose a node and we change tactics.. Winning the game. Though this isn't often it happens.

Yes in other words you demand that ppl either do stuff against their will or gets punished for not doing what you want. You must have beautiul relationships in your life with such charming demands.

And what if it's the other players that discourages him to leave? If they simply wont play as a team and thereby ruins the game and makes him quit since it's no fun? Explain again why HE should get a debuff and not the morons who actually ruined the game?

EDIT: And wait what? -You can't begin to list the times someone left and you change tactics and turn the tide? AND it doesn't happen often? M'kay.

Leaving a warzone just for your own personal reasons. Talk about "self righteous stupidity"

There is absolutley NOTHING self rightious about leaving a warzone that you never wanted to play, when the team has given up or when the majority of the team doesn't even remotely try to do their best.

If a game is ruined by one or more not listening to OPS or repeatedly failing to be an asett to the team, then blame Him/Them and not the consquences of their shortcomings....because someone leaving due to that reason is exactly that; A consequence for someone else ruining the game.

Edited by Twin

Yes it makes THAT point void in the situation you reffer to, but very much validates another. That sentence is cut out from a completly different post, i never said that in the post you originally quoted pal.

And still yet you refrain from answering how it would be fair punishing someone who leaves because his entire team gave up, which is the valid point that raises instead of "the right to leave a WZ you hate". Both are very much valid reasons to quit a WZ and you know it.

Nope. This goes hand in hand with the demand to punish ppl leaving. Before you start crying about how you wanna punish ppl who leaves - make sure all valid reasons to leave are removed. The only thing egocentric and selfabsorbed is demanding a debuff on ppl before you have a proposal that doesn't punish innocents. YOU dont know why a guy silently leaves a WZ, and thats how the majority leaves.

Yes in other words you demand that ppl either do stuff against their will or gets punished for not doing what you want. You must have beautiul relationships in your life with such charming demands.

And what if it's the other players that discourages him to leave? If they simply wont play as a team and thereby ruins the game and makes him quit since it's no fun? Explain again why HE should get a debuff and not the morons who actually ruined the game?

EDIT: And wait what? -You can't begin to list the times someone left and you change tactics and turn the tide? AND it doesn't happen often? M'kay.

There is absolutley NOTHING self rightious about leaving a warzone that you never wanted to play, when the team has given up or when the majority of the team doesn't even remotely try to do their best.

If a game is ruined by one or more not listening to OPS or repeatedly failing to be an asett to the team, then blame Him/Them and not the consquences of their shortcomings....because someone leaving due to that reason is exactly that; A consequence for someone else ruining the game.

Who said it had to be from a post I originally quoted, you still said it regardless of who it was referring to.

Ahh the old "Its not me it's my team"

Lol okay.

I love it when a quitter leaves a wz after saying something along those lines. Then we get another player. "Omg! This player knows what he's doing! What? We turned it around and won!? Wow gg all!"

AGAIN

One reason: You punish a team and kick them while they're down. You're "valid reasons" for leaving are all completely opinionated. Leaving them in such a state for selfish reasons should leave you with a cd so you can't run more teams through the same gauntlet once you cry because the game isn't going your way.

No one said you had to stay did they? They just said you should be reprimanded for quitting.

Go ahead! Quit away!! I support your right to give up.

EDIT: I agree on one point however. Being in a map you don't like, been there done that.. We all have. I too would enjoy being able to choose which maps I play on.

I wouldn't mind if someone leaves before the match started without a cd on them. That gives them enough time to say "Hey the heck with map,"or maybe they don't like the gear of the lvl 44 pve implants on this guy (seeing this less and less often at least)

Doing this gives them enough time to check out the map, players, even establish a quick plan. (Ingame voice comms would be great, another topic though). Then they can still leave, we get another player everyone's happy.

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

Who said it had to be from a post I originally quoted, you still said it regardless of who it was referring to.

Noone said that, correct. But you cut in a sentance which had nothing to do with the exact issue i was discussing in the post you quoted. You said "Suggests allready started game hence making my point void" or something simular, which isn't true since that wasn't the example i wrote.

-YES i do quit before WZ's start if its a map i hate

-YES i occasionally quit if the entire team has given up and stands idle

-NO none of these above warrants punishment...how is my point void? That's like you saying "YES" in a thread and ill cut out a "NO" you posted earlier discussing something else, and say "Hey, look your YES is void!".

Ahh the old "Its not me it's my team"

Lol okay.

I love it when a quitter leaves a wz after saying something along those lines. Then we get another player. "Omg! This player knows what he's doing! What? We turned it around and won!? Wow gg all!"

Yupp i know it happens that a game turn around and is won though it didn't look like it at start....i know this because here's something u didnt know: I very rarely leave a warzone unless i hate the map. I allmost allways stay around and finish - BUT i have the presence of mind to understand that not everyone appreciates being the only one trying, i understand that ppl gets sick and tired of idiotic morons not even being able to look at OPS once every 5min....he should simply not get punished when leaving from THOSE MATCHES. Period.

Yes, there are times a player might deserve a debuff for leaving - but until you explain how we can install a system that doesn't punish those who doesn't, YOUR point is void. Becaue you STILL have the option to leave as well, if you dont find it fun - and if you do find it fun, then i see no issue.

AGAIN

One reason: You punish a team and kick them while they're down. You're "valid reasons" for leaving are all completely opinionated. Leaving them in such a state for selfish reasons should leave you with a cd so you can't run more teams through the same gauntlet once you cry because the game isn't going your way.

No one said you had to stay did they? They just said you should be reprimanded for quitting.

Go ahead! Quit away!! I support your right to give up.

Yes, there are times ppl deserve a debuff, i agree - but MOST of the times i see someone leave my group (Or the opposing group), it's either because the majority of them seem to be blind monkeys on acid behind the keyboard or they leave without a word as soon as they load in. In my world this means we would be punishing many more innocent ppl then the few vocal morons that indeed deserve it.

And i ask again: IF im in a game where noone listens to OPS, and noone even tries to be an asett to the team - Do you seriously mean to tell me i should get punished for leaving? Those times when it truly is the majority of the team and not me? -Because like i said, i rarely leave WZ's at all - but ill be damned if i dont see several groups every day that deserves to be abandoned to their fate.

If there ever is gonna be a debuff on quitters - then that same system must be sure to exclude anyone who leaves for VALID reasons - and your team not working together IS a valid reason to do that. It's simple really: You dont wanna work as a team - then noone can blame it's members for not wanting to play with you.

EDIT: I agree on one point however. Being in a map you don't like, been there done that.. We all have. I too would enjoy being able to choose which maps I play on.

I wouldn't mind if someone leaves before the match started without a cd on them. That gives them enough time to say "Hey the heck with map,"or maybe they don't like the gear of the lvl 44 pve implants on this guy (seeing this less and less often at least)

Doing this gives them enough time to check out the map, players, even establish a quick plan. (Ingame voice comms would be great, another topic though). Then they can still leave, we get another player everyone's happy.

Yes most ppl would probably agree with this, but i dont think a CD or timer is the answer in the long run. Ppl wanna be able to play the WZ's they find fun, and the more they add, the more will we need the option to either exclude or chose which warzones we want. It will just become too great an annoyance if we have to quit every other WZ we enter eventually...i have gotten alderaan to pop 8 times in a row once...and i like alderaan, but that last damn time i simply refused to play it.

Caeliux, do you remember what you said?

Let me refresh your mind boy: Kids will be kids, and patience comes with age. Problem I see in forums like SWTOR is everyone wants to get a word in, but nobody reads nothing anyone says, it's like talking to a wall that don't talk back.

http://www.darthhater.com/forums/forum-home/general-discussion/24183-haha-this-is-so-funny#c10

Correct, nobody reads what I say and its like talking to a wall.

I stand by that.

ps. Are you stalking me?

Yes, there are times a player might deserve a debuff for leaving - but until you explain how we can install a system that doesn't punish those who doesn't

Simple, install deserter buff and don't care to hear excuses about it.

Once everyone understands the rules then less leaving will happen.

Sure kids will cry like a little baby over it and people that don't quit often will get hit in the cross fire, but the rules applied sends a message and that message is stop quitting or your geting a buff.

Fin

Edited by Caeliux

Yes, there are times a player might deserve a debuff for leaving - but until you explain how we can install a system that doesn't punish those who doesn't

Simple, install deserter buff and don't care to hear excuses about it.

Once everyone understands the rules then less leaving will happen.

Sure kids will cry like a little baby over it and people that don't quit often will get hit in the cross fire, but the rules applied sends a message and that message is stop quitting or your geting a buff.

Fin

Yes, i see how that was simple to answer since you...well, didn't answer. The only unresponsive wall i see around here is you.

There are various reasons to leave a WZ, if we compile them into these 4 categories i think most will be covered.

1. Hate the map

2. Looking for sure wins/favorable odds

3. Looking for fun pvp

4. DC/RL calls

Of these 4 categories it's only #2 that deserves punishment, the other ones are either beyond control or simply legit reasons to quit.

Answer this, whats the benefit to punish someone who leaves due to;

-Hating the map?

-DC/RL calls?

There simply are NO benefit what so ever to punish ppl who leave for these reasons. Because they will still be leaving the next time that map pops or they get DC'd. There is no valid argument that can counter that fact that i can think of.

Ok, so what about; -Looking for fun pvp?

Well no, there is no benefit in that either. Ppl like this will also still be leaving warzones that proves not to be somewhat balanced and where the group is actually trying. Or when the team has given up and stands idle etc.

And then we have: Looking for sure wins/favorable odds

Yes, putting a debuff on these ppl will likely have an effect. However, that effect will vary. Some of them will stop leaving sure, but many of them will do their best to end the game asap. Others will quit pvp or the game itself because it now is too much of an annoyance and yet some others will "fall in line" and try to win the WZ instead of just leaving.

The problem is that all these 4 categories would be punished by a deserter debuff as it stands in the current system, and there are far more ppl in the other 3 categories then in the one that actually deserves a debuff.

Sure, you can argue on and on about how this is "my oppinion" and that your oppinion is that everyone deserves a debuff and whatnot - but you ppl fail, time after time, to justify why those 3 categories of ppl should get a debuff meanwhile for example "The 3 guys that keeps refusing teamwork" should not.

Im still sure that the ones screaming for debuffs without even acknowledging that there are reasons to leave that doesn't warrant punishment - you folks, are the same ones that make people wanna leave the warzones you're in by simply providing as bad teamwork as you do arguments.

1. Hate the map = excuse

2. Looking for sure wins/favorable = excuse

3. Looking for fun pvp = excuse

4. DC/RL calls = happens

Of these 4 categories it's only #2 that deserves punishment, the other ones are either beyond control or simply legit reasons to quit.

Wrong 3 of them are excuses and opinions, which those opinions are excuses.

Answer this, whats the benefit to punish someone who leaves due to;

-Hating the map? = excuse

-DC/RL calls? =happens

Answers are in red.

You guys fail to see any opinion to leave is a excuse to leave, and people leaving causes games to be losed almost every time. There is rare occasions when someone leaves and that game can still be won, I should know I have been in a few like that.

At any rate unless its a DC I don't care, you left 7 other people to pick up the slack of the quitter that just left that game.

I have said before I understand real life comes first, like a baby, or dinner is done, or weather, or a connection, or lag, or a 100 more reasons that isn't egotistical by nature, so yea those people would get caught in the cross fire if a deserter buff was implemented.

But, I would rather see rules for leaving implemented to show these quitters a lesson, and that lesson is stop quitting games over your own ego or you will be punished for it.

Its that simple rules provide stability and shows self absorbed quitters Bioware gets the say so, no them.

I don't care if people don't like rules, its what needs to happen, allowing people to quit when they feel like it is the stupidest egotistical option I have ever seen in a mmo period.

Edited by Caeliux

But, I would rather see rules for leaving implemented to show these quitters a lesson, and that lesson is stop quitting games over your own ego or you will be punished for it.

Its that simple rules provide stability and shows self absorbed quitters Bioware gets the say so, no them.

I don't care if people don't like rules, its what needs to happen, allowing people to quit when they feel like it is the stupidest egotistical option I have ever seen in a mmo period.

Well you don't like the rule that is currently in game and you are demanding that it change to fit your idea of how things should be. How is that not egotistical?

If you don't like the current pvp rules, stop queuing for pvp.

If you don't want to stop queing for pvp, then learn to accept the structure and rules that are in game already.

Answers are in red.

You guys fail to see any opinion to leave is a excuse to leave, and people leaving causes games to be losed almost every time. There is rare occasions when someone leaves and that game can still be won, I should know I have been in a few like that.

At any rate unless its a DC I don't care, you left 7 other people to pick up the slack of the quitter that just left that game.

I have said before I understand real life comes first, like a baby, or dinner is done, or weather, or a connection, or lag, or a 100 more reasons that isn't egotistical by nature, so yea those people would get caught in the cross fire if a deserter buff was implemented.

First of all, yeah ofc they are oppinions....never was my goal to convince anyone otherwise. I could argue that your oppinion to punish players for leaving, is an excuse for you to be carried and not practicing teamwork as well. Would that make my argument right?

You didn't justify why someone leaving a warzone because the majority of the team either gave up or simply is ignoring teamwork. Because the truth is; Thats the main reason ppl leave warzones. And even tho i very rarely do it myself, i completly understand why they do.

So again: How do you justify punishing those who leave such warzones, and not the morons in your group that more or less made that "Quitters" gametime so unbearable that he refused to play with them any longer.

And again: I didn't lie in my quoted post. There is NO benefit to punish them. This is all about YOU having some bizarre sense of revenge when someone leaves your group. The majority will NOT stop leaving warzones because of a debuff - they will simply either troll your WZ, leave anyway or quit the game. There is NO lesson that's gonna be taught due to a debuff.

The majority will NOT stop leaving warzones because of a debuff - they will simply either troll your WZ, leave anyway or quit the game. There is NO lesson that's gonna be taught due to a debuff.

Your right some will still leave, but just think once they get a debuff they can't screw the next match they enter for a time period, meaning people can get somewhat of a break from quitters.

Amazing!

A debuff would punish a quitter that quits! Its a miracle, so that means the quitter has to sit out for a time period for quitting the last match they entered!

If you don't want to stop queing for pvp, then learn to accept the structure and rules that are in game already.

There is no structure or rules, why do you think I want a deserter buff.

Why do you think countless games are losed due to people leaving already in session games.

I do like this game and will continue to play with all the flaws, it don't mean this game don't need to implement some things, and one of them is a deserter buff to teach a lesson to these kids.

Tough cookie, but its the facts.

Your right some will still leave, but just think once they get a debuff they can't screw the next match they enter for a time period, meaning people can get somewhat of a break from quitters.

Amazing!

A debuff would punish a quitter that quits! Its a miracle, so that means the quitter has to sit out for a time period for quitting the last match they entered!

Yes i understand that quitters would get debuffed. Do you understand that the majority of ppl who leave, does that because of other groupmembers not being able to work as a team?

SO Again: Please justify why someone who leaves because their team stop trying, or never even started, should get a debuff - while those who stopped trying or never even started, should not.

Justify why someone who never wanted to play "Voidstar" should be punished for leaving when he enters?

You don't have to justify why nerdrage kiddos that doesn't even give the team a chance deserve a debuff, but you need to justify why the majority deserves it, those who leave due to other groupmembers truly not working as a team and those who hates a certain warzone.

Why do you think countless games are losed due to people leaving already in session games.

I do like this game and will continue to play with all the flaws, it don't mean this game don't need to implement some things, and one of them is a deserter buff to teach a lesson to these kids.

Tough cookie, but its the facts.

I think most games where ppl leave and then are lost, would have ended that way anyway because there is a reason why those who left did so. There are exceptions, but this is most definatly what i've experienced during my time here - and all i do is pvp in this game.

You really should lay off with the "these kids" - "tough cookie" attitude...at least if you wanna come across as anything better yourself...

"It's the facts"? Really? Please elaborate how this is a fact and not your personal oppinion?

I think the way they have it where if you quit a ranked game it counts as a loss is good enough. In ranked you can control almost every aspect of your game, except the map.

In regs you can't control absolutely anything, and therefore should not be penalized for anything either.

Do you understand that the majority of ppl who leave, does that because of other group members not being able to work as a team?

I don't care what people think about their team, or what map it is, or if a person has 13k hp, or they don't like a guild, or the other team capped faster, or if its 3-0 huttball with 6 minutes left, or other team has a good premade, or or or or or.

Yes a debuff would effect people that have connection problems, yes people that have real life issues would get affected and yes its not fair.

But not having any conquences when people leave games makes it where quitters dictate games and some games go by a win or lose due to effort from a full team.

You can't win a game most of the time where you started out as 8, other team is doing better, and 2 people decide to leave.

The backfill walks in like "****, another already in session game" and has to decide to either stay and deal with it or give that game a chance to pull it back together.

Reason someone logs into a already in session game is because of a quitter, reason alot of games get losed and people don't try is because of quitters.

So therefore a deserter buff would be something that would change some of these outcomes, not all but some.

Rules provide structure, structure proves growth, and growth is what this game needs to compete in the future.

Here is what they need to look at,

Warcraft = http://www.wowhead.com/spell=26013/deserter

League of Legends = https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20030633-leaving-games-the-leaver-buster-faq

This is how League of Legends deal with you,

This system works a lot like a driver's license points system. Every time you leave, we consider you to be a bit more of a leaver. Eventually, we punish you. Conversely, not leaving a game for a long time, and just not leaving in general, both make us consider you in better standing.

Q: I just got disconnected from two games! Am I Going to get banned?

A: Probably not. The system will nail you only for a pattern of doing this. Two leaves may be sufficient to give you an automated warning, but it is not likely to ban you in MOST situations.

Q: This sucks. I just leave when my teammates are newbs.

A: Newbs hate it when people leave too.

Q: This sucks, my internet is terrible because [insert provider here] is horrible. Is there a God? This isn't fair.

A: You are ruining other people's experience if you are frequently leaving, regardless of the reason you are leaving. Riot games has a policy of not answering theological questions.

Q: How long can I get banned for?

A: The automated system can ban you for anywhere between 1 hour and 7 days for any particular issue. However, we will be sweeping the records, and will periodically perma-ban people that hit the 7 day ban too many times.

Q: How do I 'work off' leaves?

A: You can points either through time (having no penalties for several weeks), and through every game you complete in matchmaking that was not a leave.

Q: Are ranked, normal and practice games treated differently?

A: At present, we give double penalties on ranked game leaves, because like, it's a bigger deal. We don't track leaves for purpose of leave banning in practice games at present.

Q: Can I get a leave for quitting a co-op vs AI game?

A: Yes. You are also abandoning your fellow players there.

Q: I left a lot in the past. Does this mean I will find myself banned automatically?

A: No. This only applies to your future actions. If you have not already been banned for leaving, consider it a holiday gift from us to you, and a chance at redemption. Don't abuse it, because a ban will be coming quickly if you DO leave a significant amount in the future.

Q: I'm a paying user. Shouldn't I get a bit of leniency on this?

A: No, we are firmly against leaving, and we won't condone leaving in any way.

Read the last one, "Q: I'm a paying user. Shouldn't I get a bit of leniency on this?

A: No, we are firmly against leaving, and we won't condone leaving in any way."

That is the attitude this game needs period.

Bioware needs to add cross servers, once that happens a deserter buff.

No questions asked.

Edited by Caeliux