Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?

bodhisattvasw

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care what people think about their team, or what map it is, or if a person has 13k hp, or they don't like a guild, or the other team capped faster, or if its 3-0 huttball with 6 minutes left, or other team has a good premade, or or or or or.

Yes a debuff would effect people that have connection problems, yes people that have real life issues would get affected and yes its not fair.

But not having any conquences when people leave games makes it where quitters dictate games and some games go by a win or lose due to effort from a full team.

You can't win a game most of the time where you started out as 8, other team is doing better, and 2 people decide to leave.

The backfill walks in like "****, another already in session game" and has to decide to either stay and deal with it or give that game a chance to pull it back together.

Reason someone logs into a already in session game is because of a quitter, reason alot of games get losed and people don't try is because of quitters.

So therefore a deserter buff would be something that would change some of these outcomes, not all but some.

Rules provide structure, structure proves growth, and growth is what this game needs to compete in the future.

Here is what they need to look at,

Warcraft = http://www.wowhead.com/spell=26013/deserter

League of Legends = https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20030633-leaving-games-the-leaver-buster-faq

This is how League of Legends deal with you,

Read the last one, "Q: I'm a paying user. Shouldn't I get a bit of leniency on this?

A: No, we are firmly against leaving, and we won't condone leaving in any way."

That is the attitude this game needs period.

Bioware needs to add cross servers, once that happens a deserter buff.

No questions asked.

First of all, when i read those rules the word that strikes me is Insanity - unless there are some really good working systems ingame that also demands players to support their teams.

I agree with most of your "points" in the quote, but i dont agree that it's more important to punish those who deserve it then to not punish those who doesn't.

Yes, it would change the outcome of some matches, just like you said - but it's my firm belief it will not change the majority of the matches, since those are ruined by ppl who doesn't leave. This means that you would be punishing the minority who ragequits and deserves it AND the majority who leaves due to unsupportive teams - meanwhile rewarding those same unsupportive players with players that will have to try and carry them.

And is LOL even comparable to SWTOR in pvp regards then?

-How big groups do they allow?

-Are premade groups allowed vs Pugs?

-Can they chose or exclude "maps"?

-What happens if someone just decides to AFK because the team sucks?

-What happens if someone simply doesn't even try because the team sucks?

-How is the matchmaking system setup? Can several level "10s" potentially face several level "49s" with simular disadvantages our level 10's would have against a 49?

-Are there differnt types of "warzones" like we have pre-50, 50 and ranked? Or is this entire thing "ranked" in regards that there is some form of "Rating" that depends on wins/loss/performance?

-Are there methods to kick out a groupmember that isn't trying to support the team?

-Is the pvp as dependant on gear as SWTOR?

What about the tribunal? Isn't that a system in place to ensure ppl isn't repeatedly ruining wz after wz by being unsupportive, among other things? If so, are you also promoting a system where us players can dictate when somone deserves a ban for not being an asett to the team? If that's the case, i might very well jump on and support the idea..because the biggest problem in warzones isn't those who leave imo - it's those who doesn't but instead destroys all posibilities of having fun.

Im asking because i have no idea about LOL or WOW, but i know that every game has unique aspects and just because 1 thing works in 1 game, doesn't be default mean it will work in every game without modification.

I agree that BW needs to add x-server queues, AND by then giving us the option to exclude or chose warzones shouldn't be a problem either. Then give us a system that punishes ppl who wont support their teams and a deserter debuff at the same time, im game with that.

You're missing the point with the issue why people quit warzones If they didnt contain MPs, or muppet players, then people would stay.

Yesterday, TWICE, team muppet left the node unguarded in Civil War, only for it to be capped twice. Just how stupid are some people?

In Novare coast, team muppet who were all middle, just sat around waiting whilst I was left to deal with 5 players - despite calling, no one came - then they all moaned when the point was capped. 'Scroll up' I said, then I left.

If you are going to punish people for quitting, you need to punish the stupid as well.

Rift actually has a 15 minute cool down if you quit/disconnect from a warzone, sometimes thats the price you must pay to avoid playing with MPs

Edited by DarthMaulUK

This means that you would be punishing the minority who ragequits and deserves it AND the majority who leaves due to unsupportive teams - meanwhile rewarding those same unsupportive players with players that will have to try and carry them.

Yesterday, TWICE, team muppet left the node unguarded in Civil War, only for it to be capped twice. Just how stupid are some people? If you are going to punish people for quitting, you need to punish the stupid as well.

I will answer what League of Legends says when people use this excuse,

"Q: This sucks. I just leave when my teammates are newbs.

A: Newbs hate it when people leave too."

If anyone can understand that let me know.

This game should not care to hear excuses for leaving people behind, it should punish those that have a biased opinion.

Sure everyone has a opinion and yes some people play like they never played a mmo game before, but it still gives no reason to leave people to play that match you started and allowing a game to become backfill.

Correct, nobody reads what I say and its like talking to a wall.

I stand by that.

Caelux you said: Kids will be kids, and patience comes with age. Problem I see in forums like SWTOR is everyone wants to get a word in, but nobody reads nothing anyone says, it's like talking to a wall that don't talk back.

http://www.darthhater.com/forums/forum-home/general-discussion/24183-haha-this-is-so-funny#c10

Learn to read entirely Caeliux and quote properly.

You are the first one not reading what people say.

In your preview posts you have been calling players and you don't want to admit it.

But what's all your rage about in the forum with people you play with Caeliux?

You have showed in this thread such negativity and bad mouth toward this community.

Listen Caeliux, you got a bad childhood, we understand that now. But who cares? We can't help you.

Go to find some friends outside or make some friends ingame. It's not hard :)

Problem solved.

Caeliux, this community you have mocked at and you hate so much that you want them to be punished.

Now this community is laughing at you when they read your posts Caeliux.

Because:

First you call them.

Then you want to punish them.

Finally you are mistaken people leaving warzone with hackers.

Your ideas Caeliux and what you ask make no sense at all. You are not in LoL or Wow.

You mentioned Warcraft earlier and you are so happy to play with bots in battlegrounds.

Again it shows how many friends you have Caeliux.

ps. Are you stalking me?

Am i? or are you stalking me?

Your ideas Caeliux and what you ask make no sense at all.

You confirm how mentally unstable and paranoid you are Caeliux.

We just need to read your posts to see that.

Edited by Annuk

I will answer what League of Legends says when people use this excuse,

"Q: This sucks. I just leave when my teammates are newbs.

A: Newbs hate it when people leave too."

If anyone can understand that let me know.

Except that in LOL you can easily report any player, by a click on the nametag, that doesn't support the group or actively ruins the match - and other players that act as tribune will dictate wether they are to be punished or not. Or did i misunderstand that function? Isn't it the players themselves that decides what's Ok behavior or not in pvp?

You are cutting out 1 single line from my entire post and answering that while ignoring the rest. If your'e gonna keep pointing at another game, then at least have the decency to answer the questions i have about it.

I am not promoting to punish Newbs, never said that. But there is a world of difference between a Newb and a Noob, in my eyes.

I joined a group yesterday with one 13k hp player, two 14k hp players and two 15k hp players. I left the wz.

Now this i personally cant understand. It simply makes no sense leaving a wz just because your team is dressed in recruitgear or is lacking certain classes. You dont know if the opposing team is even worse off!

Until you experience the actual gameplay there is no valid reason to quit imo, but on the other hand leaving before a WZ starts shouldn't even be considered quitting. So /shrug =P

Now this i personally cant understand. It simply makes no sense leaving a wz just because your team is dressed in recruitgear or is lacking certain classes. You dont know if the opposing team is even worse off!

Until you experience the actual gameplay there is no valid reason to quit imo, but on the other hand leaving before a WZ starts shouldn't even be considered quitting. So /shrug =P

Exactly. most of them were wearing only pve gear, i cba to boost people that don't even take the time to buy/get for free the recruit gear.

So if we get a punishment for leaving, might aswell give a punishment for wearing no expertise at all ;>

Quitter: somebody who gives up: somebody who gives up easily(informal)

Thesaurus

NOUN

Synonyms: deserter, coward, defeatist, loser, pessimist, fatalist

^ Take a pick what you are when you quit games.

Again will post this,

Q: I'm a paying user. Shouldn't I get a bit of leniency on this?

A: No, we are firmly against leaving, and we won't condone leaving in any way.

That's the way this game should be ^

No questions asked.

Edited by Caeliux

8/10 One person trolling this thread has almost single handedly kept it going until the proverbial dead horse has been minced and liquefied. Not bad.

Truth is not trolling, it will set you free.

Edited by Caeliux

Blah Blah

8/10 One person trolling this thread has almost single handedly kept it going until the proverbial dead horse has been minced and liquefied. Not bad.

Agreed. He had me going there quite awhile, and i really tried my best to get him to work with me as a team! I just simply didn't wanna quit hoping he would come to his senses and leave him unanswered.

But it's now painfully clear that he's not interested in working together nor able to comprehend simple text messages, insted he prefers to run his own game independent on what other people say.

Now i feel forced to desert this thread since i deem it impossible to win with him not listening to what i say! I realise that by abandoning, i leave this person at a gret disadvantage since he will not be able to win our argument either, unless someone backfills my spot and keeps the fight going in my place. And hence i fully expect to get a well deserved 30min forum ban for doing so!

-Hey, at least im able to chose which thread i enter huh?

But it's now painfully clear that he's not interested in working together nor able to comprehend simple text messages, instead he prefers to run his own game independent on what other people say.

I don't comprehend the word lazy quitter, but you do.

I say we need a deserter buff, others say no and blame everyone else but themselves on why they quit warzones.

I see the big picture and what this game needs, others want to keep it the way it is cause they like ruining other people's time by quitting games.

Those truths are undisputed and can't be denied.

Edited by Caeliux

Arguing in this topic fits Einsteins definition of madness.

Maybe the truth is that we need a quitter debuff

Maybe the truth is that we are better without it (my vote goes here)

The fact is, there is no debuff, and these are the rules that we are allowed to quit.

Deal with it.

Edited by Atramar

There does exist sore losers who only want easy guaranteed wins they don't need to work for.

However, most everyone will tell you the same thing; if you want people to stay, stop sucking (not you specifically, but everyone as a whole.) This is how things are, if people stopped being goons and played better we'd see far less intentional quitting. It's not right to force people to humiliate themselves in a meaningless battle where their teammates are running about like beheaded chickens.

Even still, there'd be work arounds such as jumping on an alt. And if you suggest such a "quitter debuff" be a global thing then...sorry, no thanks.

this.....

The rule is, we can punish people for playing bad, with quitting.

So you quit because you have a opinion, well that deserves a deserter buff for your egotistical ways.

Nobody cares what you think about other people, leaving a match screws everyone and it deserves punishment.

Edited by Caeliux

Nobody cares what you think

You said it your self. It works both ways.

I usualy don't quit. It takes a lot of stupid to make me hit 'leave' button. Neither in real life, nor in game, I never ever want to deal with to much stupid. it's bad for your health.

They have right to be stupid, I have right to refuse playing with them.

But we can meet in the middle. Make it easy to report them.

Like 'report for:

-leaving objectives

-not passing ball

-helping other team win

-being a jerk

-swearing

-trolling'

and make those votes mean something.

Edited by Atramar

Firstly I've never quit a WZ, am I against or hate people who do, No.

I understand why people do, there are so many reasons why, but the main reason is the ineptitude of other players!

Anyone who has been in Lowbie PVP over the double XP Weekend would understand this, I consider myself incredibly patient and will take time to explain tactics, but this weekend I only did the 1 or 2 WZ I needed too do, to get the mission complete; as I was driven mad by people who had no idea how to play there class let alone the objectives. This is why people quit.

I think we have to accept that different people have higher or lower tolerance levels, its unfair to judge people on the reason why they have quit.

I think we have to accept that different people have higher or lower tolerance levels, its unfair to judge people on the reason why they have quit.

I agree some are more tolerate than others, but it still a excuse to leave and screw a game is good enough for me to want a deserter buff for it.

Disconnects and real life is one thing, rage quitting over a opinion is another.

Edited by Caeliux