If you can choke people via hologram...

KaleTogras

...as we have seen in at least one class story (you know the one), wouldn't the Sith's greatest weapon be just a phonebook? They would just be like:

"Hello, is this Jedi Master I.P. Freely?"

"Yes, this is Master I.P....hurk, gasp, choke, dead"

Rinse and repeat and voila, Tele-choking has won you the war! They can even develop an App for that - Choke-U, choke your friends and enemies through Spacebook :p. BioWare, we found a plothole!

I hate cats, I should get Light Side points for killing the cat:csw_vader:

Dark Side points. Cats are adorable.

Also, perhaps it requires a connection through the Force? I've only seen What-his-face on Taris do it to Thana Vesh, and he was her master.

Also, perhaps it requires a connection through the Force? I've only seen What-his-face on Taris do it to Thana Vesh, and he was her master.

Well, not the only one...

Darth Baras also does this to Commander Lanklyn, who most definately wasn't Force sensitive

So yeah, let Wrath put Satele on Speed-holo-dial and do the air squeeze! Plus, you can delegate, have Sith lords call random people on a unified 'to-choke' list and Vader 'em. Do that in shifts for a few weeks and you'll have pretty much killed everybody...and in some cases, their cats (you evil cat-haters, you :p).

Darth Vader does it in Empire Strikes Back, he force chokes his Admiral via hologram then promotes the captain standing next to him.

Gonna guess it requires visual contact, for spatial awareness... otherwise, you might wind up choking the cat sitting behind them.

Well, there's that one guy from the TFU: Ultimate Sith Edition that Starkiller force-chokes to death without even seeing him. He kills the guy over an audio-only channel.

Edited by BenKatarn

Well, there's that one guy from the TFU: Ultimate Sith Edition that Starkiller force-chokes to death without even seeing him. He kills the guy over an audio-only channel.

Yeah but Starkiller was hands-down the most OP creature since Jabba's great-great-grandfather, Galactus the Hutt.

The principle is sound, you reach out through the Force, get a grasp of a creature and choke the living daylight out of it. Sound and picture probably only help you focus. The Jedi use the Force to see from afar, and the Sith use it to play other peoples' trachias :p.

So I'm sticking to my theory, there is no reason that the Sith don't just out-right kill everybody who ever looked at them funny :)!

Yeah but Starkiller was hands-down the most OP creature since Jabba's great-great-grandfather, Galactus the Hutt.

The principle is sound, you reach out through the Force, get a grasp of a creature and choke the living daylight out of it. Sound and picture probably only help you focus. The Jedi use the Force to see from afar, and the Sith use it to play other peoples' trachias :p.

So I'm sticking to my theory, there is no reason that the Sith don't just out-right kill everybody who ever looked at them funny :)!

He wasn't OP, thats all game mechanics.

Well, not the only one...

Darth Baras also does this to Commander Lanklyn, who most definately wasn't Force sensitive

So yeah, let Wrath put Satele on Speed-holo-dial and do the air squeeze! Plus, you can delegate, have Sith lords call random people on a unified 'to-choke' list and Vader 'em. Do that in shifts for a few weeks and you'll have pretty much killed everybody...and in some cases, their cats (you evil cat-haters, you :p).

Not the only ones either

Edited by Spartanik

Darth Vader does it in Empire Strikes Back, he force chokes his Admiral via hologram then promotes the captain standing next to him.

But at least Vader was on the same ship, and already angry with the Admiral for previous blunders. I really can't see every Force user being able to pull such tricks, especially not over long range calls.

Oh my, loled so hard. :D

However I hate to burst your bubble, but this wouldn't work. Why? Because trained Force-sensitives can put up a constant Force barrier around themselves which prevents Force based attacks e.g. Force push, choke, from hurting them. Force choking a Jedi is an impressive feat, and only doable by the most powerful of Force users e.g. Count Dooku, Darth Vader.

And if they do manage, the Jedi or someone else can just switch off the comm channel. But yeah, this would work on everyone else, if there was a galactic phonebook, but there isn't. :jawa_wink:

Edited by Beniboybling

Force Choke literally only requires an accurate image of the target. You could THINK about that person and choke them to death if you can remember them well enough...

But Lucas Arts has CLEARLY established that is not the way this is going to end, and exactly for the reason Sith can just IMAGINE their choke victim, the Jedi won't be releasing an exact list of all Jedi anytime soon.

But Lucas Arts has CLEARLY established that is not the way this is going to end, and exactly for the reason Sith can just IMAGINE their choke victim, the Jedi won't be releasing an exact list of all Jedi anytime soon.

I can imagine pissy Sith force-choking their exes from half across the galaxy as they remember they were late for dinner that ONE time.

Gonna guess it requires visual contact, for spatial awareness... otherwise, you might wind up choking the cat sitting behind them.

The force wouldn't be a very good Galaxy Wide Energy Field that encompasses all life forms inside the Galaxy including 'Rocks and Tree's' (something Yoda said in ESB) if it wasn't possible to choke people via Holotechnology and other communications technology. And as has been mentioned, Darth Vader did Choke someone to death over a Telecommunications Viewscreen Terminal in the Empire Strikes Back, though granted they were both on the same ship, and Vader was I believe inside his Meditation Chamber where in he had better control over his Force Sensitivity.

That said however, the ship they were on at the time (Vader and the Admiral) is a little over 11 miles long. Depending on where within that ship Vader was at the time verses where the Admiral was, that is still quite a ways for the Force to dilute per your arguments.

That said, As I pointed out, the Force is a galaxy wide energy field made up by the life force in the galaxy. Distance from the target likely has very little if anything to do with using force powers on a target. Otherwise Luke being able to detect Han and Leia's problems (that haven't happened yet) all the way from Dagobah just wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

Thus it should theoretically be possible to Force Choke someone on Tatooine all the way from Korriban, assuming you know the target's presence in the Force well enough to do so, or assuming you have an open comm signal with them.

Oh, and what that one person said is more or less true. Force Choke doesn't really work on Jedi and other force sensitives who are aware of the fact that they can use the Force to defend themselves from it.

Edited by XantosCledwin