Relaxed Jumpsuit Jacket dissapointment

HalfNakedChick

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However the first time I tried it on I was completely disappointed to find a jacket around the waist. I understand that is supposed to be part of it but I think it should be removed, or at least have a classic one without it for some more options.

It is what it is. Maybe they'll release something more to your taste down the road, but they can't be releasing modified versions of items every time someone wants something slightly different. I hope they never get into this classic vs. regular armor thing again. They only did it because someone new made a mistake and left out the shoulder graphics for some items that were launched in the market and then he went back and fixed the error on his own, which got everyone mad who had obtained the gear and liked the look as it was when released. So they had to do the classic vs. regular gear thing to satisfy everyone complaining.

What annoys me with this item is the color and skin difference between chest and face.

Skin on the chest is somewhat darker and really grainy while the face's skin is smooth. It doesn't show much on white skinned humans but the darker your character's skin is the more I see the difference.

I have a dark red Twi'lek and it shows a lot. The transition between the 2 body parts is clearly visible and as there's no collar or anything, I can't not see it.

I thought that maybe it was a graphic options problem, so I put everything to the max, even restarted entirely the game but no, the difference is still there.

Btw, this difference is visible everywhere, at the character selection screen, in the preview window, during cutscenes and in the world...

I'm guessing that this is a Cartel Market 'Pack' set, as I didn't see it for sale in the specific armor sets on offer.

While I'd like to put my Vanguard in this set...no thanks. Gambling isn't my thing, and what few find their way to the GTN will be prohibitively expensive. Disappointed, but not surprised.

I'm guessing that this is a Cartel Market 'Pack' set, as I didn't see it for sale in the specific armor sets on offer.

While I'd like to put my Vanguard in this set...no thanks. Gambling isn't my thing, and what few find their way to the GTN will be prohibitively expensive. Disappointed, but not surprised.

Actually, they seem to be not that rare, so give it a little while (a week, maybe? I imagine people will be dropping money on the packs for the chance to pull a skiff, and any pulled Jumpsuits are likely to go on the GTN) and the prices should even out.

The Covert chest was 30k when I got it and now it doesn't sell, it's so prolific.

I don't know what, but there's something I don't like about the tube top, personally. Maybe it's the size, or maybe it's how the female body model looks with an outfit that's designed to show cleavage?

Maybe I'll get used to it, though, because I'd really like something like this for my Twi'lek Jedi Knight. Unlike most other skimpy outfits, I really like the idea of this one. (And while it doesn't really matter to me if the zipped-down jacket is there or not, it should totally be converted into a belt instead.)

Edited by JediMB

You get a choice with most of the outfits. Belly, or bottom. If they show one, they cover the other.

And that's been in force for quite some time.

With the coming Disneyfication, expect to see less skin, and more baggy stuff to hide anything the youngers might get excited about.

The Relaxed Jumpsuit Jacket had great potential to be a fantastic female chest piece, with the awesome sleeves and bra/harness look. However the first time I tried it on I was completely disappointed to find a jacket around the waist. I understand that is supposed to be part of it but I think it should be removed, or at least have a classic one without it for some more options. My operative would look fantastic in this chest piece if it didn't have that jacket there.

This just in: Jacket has jacket. Customer disappointed.

Username/Complaint Combo is not considered irony.

Edited by Koyaanisqat

I don't know what, but there's something I don't like about the tube top, personally. Maybe it's the size, or maybe it's how the female body model looks with an outfit that's designed to show cleavage?

Maybe I'll get used to it, though, because I'd really like something like this for my Twi'lek Jedi Knight. Unlike most other skimpy outfits, I really like the idea of this one. (And while it doesn't really matter to me if the zipped-down jacket is there or not, it should totally be converted into a belt instead.)

The problem with the chest on the female characters is that, to my mind at least, it hasn't been designed with...hrm, how can I put this?... motion and placement in mind. The current models make the female chest look very triangular in that top, particularly on female Body Type 4 - correction would probably require the addition of a sternum and an understanding of how fatty deposits sit.

Thing is, it doesn't show cleavage in the traditional sense, as there's no pushing and pulling to get the rounded shape and we don't even have any squishing that we would be expected from a binder-style top like that. It's just the base model under the sports bra that has had a red stripe of fabric painted over it.

Yeah, it does seem best-suited for a body type 1 as far as females go. I've only previewed it on my type 1 Gunslinger and my type 2 Sentinel, but I have a feeling it'd look kind of weird on my type 4 Sniper. I have no idea as far as my type 3 Sage goes.

I think I'll be giving it to that Sentinel, though, once the temp bind expires. She's a Ratataki, so I feel like she should wear bold, dark colors and show a fair bit of skin.

I got two of the Jacket, so I'll probably be putting the second one on the GTN. It's kind of hard to pass up the kind of money I've seen sellers asking for it.

Edited by nateslice

Yeah, it does seem best-suited for a body type 1 as far as females go. I've only previewed it on my type 1 Gunslinger and my type 2 Sentinel, but I have a feeling it'd look kind of weird on my type 4 Sniper. I have no idea as far as my type 3 Sage goes.

I think I'll be giving it to that Sentinel, though, once the temp bind expires. She's a Ratataki, so I feel like she should wear bold, dark colors and show a fair bit of skin.

I got two of the Jacket, so I'll probably be putting the second one on the GTN. It's kind of hard to pass up the kind of money I've seen sellers asking for it.

I personally think it looks great on body type 4. I have the jacket on my bodytype 1 main, but I previewed it on an alt and it looked really neat. But maybe that's because I think my bodytype 4 alt is cuter than my main, dunno. :p

I like it, even though I think the tube thing does look a tiny bit weird. There is not enough something to it. It's just like a bit of color and not really something you can wear. But a lot of female chest pieces have stuff that looks like it's glued on.

Yep. I expect less skin going forward. Gotta keep it clean so we can go to a E rating game for Disney.

Nah...I believe Disney owns Touchstone Pictures, and there's very little worry about 'family-friendly' in much of the offerings they produce. I would be very surprised if EAWare tried to Hello-Kitty any aspect of SWTOR simply because the license issuer wears a pair of mouse ears.

True; I would've thought George Lucas would have a bigger problem with the content in this game. After all, I hear he edited A New Hope to have Greedo shoot first because the MPAA threatened him with a PG-13 rating for Han shooting first.

If Lucas was okay with the amount of sexual content and skimpy clothing in this game, I don't see Disney having a problem with it, either.

Just wanted to say that I love this outfit. When I was lucky enough to get the top and pants in the half dozen packs I bought, it actually made me roll a new alt, just so I could use them.

I don't get the sexual content and Disney problem though. Having somebody running around with a bare midriff is hardly "sexual" content. It's a little bit sexy, admittedly, but hardly rating busting. Besides, doesn't Princess Ariel spend half the movie wearing nothing but a bikini top in Disney's "The Little Mermaid"?

The Relaxed Jumpsuit Jacket had great potential to be a fantastic female chest piece, with the awesome sleeves and bra/harness look. However the first time I tried it on I was completely disappointed to find a jacket around the waist.

Indeed.

I love the female version of this, but the male...a bit to S&Mish for my taste. Would be fine if the male had the jacket on instead of around the waist

Don't take away my skimp. Add more options - hell, even make it part of the jacket itself. Under the little Hide Headslot/Unify Colours window, add Zip-up/Zip-Down for certain pieces of armour. Then I can have skimpy Agent or warm Agent as when I feel.

Cosy Agent.

Cuddle Agent.

Hot chocolate Agent.

I think it looks awesome on my female smuggler.. I like the jacket wrapped around the waist.... Fits the Smuggler look IMO...

Personally I'm glad some people don't like the look of it, sucks seeing everyone around you wearing the same thing... Instead of offering different versions of it, I rather Bioware spend their time and resources creating new outfits to give us a bigger variety...

Edited by Monoth

Don't take away my skimp. Add more options - hell, even make it part of the jacket itself. Under the little Hide Headslot/Unify Colours window, add Zip-up/Zip-Down for certain pieces of armour. Then I can have skimpy Agent or warm Agent as when I feel.

Cosy Agent.

Cuddle Agent.

Hot chocolate Agent.

I think I'll drink some of that Hot Chocolate.

I'm happy with this outfit. I got the pants and belt from packs and picked up the jacket off the GTN last night. It looks great! I kind of wish it didn't have the bit around the waist, but then it wouldn't be a jacket, would it? :t_wink: Seriously, though, it looks great on my assassin as-is.