Luke (post-GrandMaster) vs Revan (post-KotOR)

LordFailstrom

Well you can't be sure of that, for all you know they might erase it entirely. Just because George Lucas accepted something doesn't mean he won't let it get retconned. The fact that Lucas has said he cares little for post-ROTJ and Disney have declared the sequels an 'original trilogy' suggest some serious bulldozing is on its way.

I think it stands to reason some may be RETCONNED or classified as an alternate timeline, however I really don't see them undoing Leia marrying Han or the existance of their kids.

I don't see them RETCONNING individuals like Corran Horn, Kyle Katarn, etc.

I also think they are probably going to include Mara Jade into canon lore rather than RETCONNING her, otherwise they'd have fans rioting in the streets. So I think it is safe to say that Ben Skywalker won't be RETCONNED either.

I wouldn't mind them RETCONNING Star by Star and undoing an author's tantrum that they couldn't have Anakin Solo go to the darkside so they killed him off...

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

''Grand Master'' Luke doesn't exist.Last thing he did was to attend a party after Palpatine died.And he was pretty mediocre in the movies+ the actor that played him was really bad.Regarding power,Revan wins outright.Coolness and badas$ factor-Luke is the most pathetic jedi that ever existed,meanwhile Revan is well.. Revan.

It's not even a fair competition.

Edited by Kaedusz

''Grand Master'' Luke doesn't exist.Last thing he did was to attend a party after Palpatine died.And he was pretty mediocre in the movies+ the actor that played him was really bad.Regarding power,Revan wins outright.Coolness and badas$ factor-Luke is the most pathetic jedi that ever existed,meanwhile Revan is well.. Revan.

Grand Master Luke does exist, therefore your argument is invalid.

Please try again.

Edited by Aurbere

Untill epidode VII comes out,Luke exists as he was in Return of the Jedi.Therefore ''Grand Master'' Luke doesn't exist.He is just Luke for now.And Luke from the movies was well... that jedi on Thyton that gives you the first

side quest - to save and return to safety a bunch of padawans - even he is easier on the eyes and ears.

Untill epidode VII comes out,Luke exists as he was in Return of the Jedi.Therefore ''Grand Master'' Luke doesn't exist.He is just Luke for now.And Luke from the movies was well... that jedi on Thyton that gives you the first

side quest - to save and return to safety a bunch of padawans - even he is easier on the eyes and ears.

Revan doesn't exist in G-canon, Luke does.

Luke wins via existence.

See how your logic doesn't work?

Even not using Luke as Grand Master, just as a Jedi Master or even right after ROTJ he still is a challenge for Revan.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I didn't know post-ROTJ had already been retconned. You'd think we would have heard something about that by now.

Either way, Luke would still win.

Nope.

swtor is not about to be retconed.post rotj eu is.Therefore either only Luke in the movies exist in which case i don't care about SW so im neutral,or Revan and Luke from the movies exist in which case Revan is like a god of awesomeness compared to Luke.Either way untill the new movies get out its a win-win for me.

We can talk about who is more powerful when the official version of Luke's future is out in episode VII.Untill then, no1 stops you from admiring your post rotj eu luke fetish you ppl have,but its immaterial.

Even not using Luke as Grand Master, just as a Jedi Master or even right after ROTJ he still is a challenge for Revan.

Yes because Revan will kill himself or go blind when he sees the monster that is Luke's haircut.

Edited by Kaedusz

Nope.

swtor is not about to be retconed.post rotj eu is.Therefore either only Luke in the movies exist in which case i don't care about SW so im neutral,or Revan and Luke from the movies exist in which case Revan is like a god of awesomeness compared to Luke.Either way untill the new movies get out its a win-win for me.

I don't think Revan would have been able to take on Darth Vader, but Luke did.

We can talk about who is more powerful when the official version of Luke's future is out in episode VII.Untill then, no1 stops you from admiring your post rotj eu luke fetish you ppl have,but its immaterial.

Until Episode VII is out, EU has not been retconned...

Yes because Revan will kill himself or go blind when he sees the monster that is Luke's haircut.

I was thinking Revan would manage to hit his head and lose his memory....AGAIN.

you sure as hell wont be seeing luke do all the crazy stuff he does in post-rotj EU in the movies(thank god). Since our boy Lucas has made sure of that:

Lucas also elaborates on what he'll actually be doing in his consulting role on the new movies. “I mostly say, ‘You can’t do this. You can do that,’ ” he explains. “You know, ‘The cars don’t have wheels. They fly with antigravity.’ There’s a million little pieces. Or I can say, ‘He doesn’t have the power to do that, or he has to do this.’ I know all that stuff.”

Edited by Girdeux

Nope.

Inb4 The EU writers make a hybrid rewrite of all Post-ROTj work and transform it into a continuity wrapped around the ST anyway and it all ends up remaining canon.

Even if that isn't true, Lucas himself has said that Anakin's potential is 200% of Sidious' power and has also said that Luke fulfils that potential, in other words, Luke is still going to boss everybody in Star Wars.

Simply put, if you face a Skywalker you're gonna have a bad time, like it or not.

Though honestly I could care less, as I'm not overly bothered in any way about how badly the movies and post-movies characters boss all the others because frankly Star Wars has never been about the power level flame wars, it's the story itself that matters to me.

Inb4 The EU writers make a hybrid rewrite of all Post-ROTj work and transform it into a continuity wrapped around the ST anyway and it all ends up remaining canon.

Probably...I just really can't see them dumping...what 40+ years of hard work, writing up characters, and expanding the SWU down the drain. I could see it maybe, if they overhauled everything every 10 years or so like DC/Marvel does because then it wouldn't be so bad...but it isn't like that. If they do I will be rather surprised. I mean retconning a couple of things, would be fine...but to do it to the post-ROTJ entirely? I just don't see.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I don't think Revan would have been able to take on Darth Vader, but Luke did.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/310/7/d/stupid_meme_by_hotaru_the_firefly13-d5k7k76.jpg

Until Episode VII is out, EU has not been retconned...

The moment Episode VII was declared, all EU after Episode VI stopped being valid.

I was thinking Revan would manage to hit his head and lose his memory....AGAIN.

And still kick as$ as always.

Edited by Kaedusz

Why all these pro lukes, i am Revan hands down. First of all, people say "oh Old Luke is a bad *** and such" and i see nothing to back it up. I don't hate Luke or anything, i just am not impressed arguments with made for him

You clearly haven't read Legacy of the Force or Fate of the Jedi. I think it might be a tight fight, but Luke would be the most likely to win. I mean hell he could stand up to Darth Caedus and Abeloth, Revan is only human.

EU Luke is a garbage character period . Hes a God Without weaknesses and even his own Wife being killed barely slowed him down !

He would kill Revan with just breathing in the same room .

With that said , Pre EU Wreckage Luke is a well rounded Character who would make it a fight .

Lucas doesn't even like EU Luke , heck he doesn't like the EU and most likely Revan for that matter.

A lot of Good stories in the EU but really you can blindly think how each book involving Luke is going to end with barely knowing little of it .

It is to my belief that when EP7 comes out and Marvel gains the full control , Darkhorse EU will become a Alternate Reality that was ended by Luke's Ego !

Ok I wasnt going to post here but I just cant help it I am confused what the hell did Revan do that makes people think he can stand up against RotJ Luke let alone Grand master I played the game all the way through 6 times Light side Dark side male and female and the way i would do it male (so neutral) and (neutral) female and i never saw anything that impressive from revan.

Lets just look at training day telekenetics Revan in the middle of a air conditioned temple sitting levitates 3 medium size objects start of KotoR

Luke start of training on Dagobah (same stage of development) lifting same number of similar size items while doing a hand stand on one hand with a midget on his foot stacking said items not just floating them in the middle of a humid swamp where the ground is muddy and unstable and to top it off begins using farsight.

The difference between Luke on dagobah and Luke at the end of RotJ is about the same as Revan start of KotoR to Revan post KotOR

Back in the "EU hate" train mefit? Been a while since I've seen you post.

Oh, and to keep this on topic, Luke wins. Easy.

That's really funny because I like a lot of EU , heck I like this game but after going through it so many times I wish there was away to just cut off Flashpoint Cutscenes .

I love KotoR and KotoR II , I like the CloneWars Series on CN and will probably like the new one on DX .

There is little I do not like in EU .

I am a current big fan of Jaina .

I just do not have Blind Fanboy love for any character .

While I can admit Luke would likely beat Revan either EU or not , I would rather read the Pre EU story . It would likely have better drama , imagination , story telling , and most of all would not be a one sided fight .

While I love to see a 1 Hit Knockout in the UFC , I would rather see a fight .

I for one will be sad to see the good EU stories get washed with the Terrible bad EU Luke Mary Stew Stories , heck even I like a few EU Luke Stories .

Dark Empire remains one of my top 5 favorite , but then he still more rounded than now .

I like Revan , he was able to be beat , could not see everything , and was not the greatest anything of all time .

Not to mention he had weaknesses of the brain that get exploited over and over .

Far better read than if Revan was a God who was the greatest of anything of all time .

Aurbere nice to see you are still around , I just think different than you and have different set of characters I like . I took off my Starwars underwear and went to play other MMOs for a time being I was gone but what I missed most was watching these extreme debates between two different parties and supporters . I know I can be extreme in my post and sometimes I wish I could have been more adult about the things I say but I get heated like everyone else .

Does not mean I do not like you or anyone else.

My points on EU Luke are Valid ,does not mean I think he should not be liked or his fanbase are anything negative for liking him , unlike what those would say about Revan's fanbase .

In the end and back to the point , the fight with PreEU Luke would just be a better story . Luke would likely win either or .

Ok I wasnt going to post here but I just cant help it I am confused what the hell did Revan do that makes people think he can stand up against RotJ Luke let alone Grand master I played the game all the way through 6 times Light side Dark side male and female and the way i would do it male (so neutral) and (neutral) female and i never saw anything that impressive from revan.

Lets just look at training day telekenetics Revan in the middle of a air conditioned temple sitting levitates 3 medium size objects start of KotoR

Luke start of training on Dagobah (same stage of development) lifting same number of similar size items while doing a hand stand on one hand with a midget on his foot stacking said items not just floating them in the middle of a humid swamp where the ground is muddy and unstable and to top it off begins using farsight.

The difference between Luke on dagobah and Luke at the end of RotJ is about the same as Revan start of KotoR to Revan post KotOR

There was also some other things that he done did, Beast Control a dragonsnake, Force Valor(standing on 1 hand for 2 hours), blaster deflection with his saber, running through Dagobah with Yoda on his back without tiring.

In fact ya...Luke from the Rebelliona era would be good against Revan too.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi