8man normal wz premades

Nucairion

I said it before and no one responded, but it's still the answer. If you see 8 people from the same guild, quit. Problem solved.

If your pride demands that you try your hardest and never quit a WZ, then your pride should also demand you don't complain about your competition.

Trying to roll your ranked team against a PuG is a **** move, and I'm not suggesting people should put up with it; but rather than asking Bioware to mess up the queue structure, just make use of the handy "Leave Warzone" button.

as much as i hate leaving warzones, this kinda makes sense.

This is what would happen, 8 man premade que for both ranked and non-ranked, "oh que pop for everyone, must be ranked" and without looking at it they accept and they find themself vs pugs in non-ranked. Well, so the pugs quit after 2 min, the premade gets the win but they don't really get to abuse anyone and are left with hands in the air "where did everyone go why did they quit?"

The outcome of this is:

1) the premade doesn't care and reques ( the most likely scenario )...

2) pugs reque and hope they don't run into said premade

3) premade realizes no one is queing ranked disolves group into two fourperson groups and reques non ranked.

lastly, i'm a sub and I think it's unfair that f2p have to que against us in pvp since they can only que 3 times a week and have little to no chance of getting gear and getting rofl stomped is just not fun, understandable.

please promote individual ranking system, gear score, and an arena system with rankings to improve pvp quality for all, some other games did this and it worked...........

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've given you a viable option where is yours ?

People have farmed their gear for PvP min/maxed it and put in the time to be where they are, We all started with nothing its the same in every mmo except a few if you want to walk into PvP where every thing is eqaul and everything is given to you go play Guild Wars.

I understand that losing games is frustrating but again its a gear based game farm your gear, Join a focused guild make some new friends and kick some butt if everything is given to you whats the point of playing.

Its a MMO Massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) (muh'-mor-puh-guh) is a genre of role-playing video games in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a virtual game world. i want to PvP with friends that's why i pay my monthly Subs I win some, I lose some, I Roflstomp some, I get Roflstomped but that's PvP

I'm Done on this Thread now please try to grasp the fact that you have the option to make your own premades and farm your own gear no one has a advantage over anyone else other than they have put in more time and effort to gear and make friends to play alongside once you see this and actually put it into place you will get some much more out of your PvP i mean i don't see people trying to clear end game OP's or FP's solo in Tionese gear

Premades are won thing double premades in normal wzs and people that leave if they dont get there 8man guild into a normal and keep repeating that until the get on same team is the problem. Pvp aint only for hardcore pvpers or pvp guilds. I love pve ops and oi like pvping most the time. Shouldnt have to join pvp guild and be part of an 8man premade to enjoy a normal wz

something needs to be done to stop this to many time do i see the guild drop it like its hoth on red eclipse having a full premade in normals and will likely leave ones there not all in. not only is it unfair to others thats wot ranked rwz are for so either they cowardly looking for a free and easy win and cant hack ranked or 2 they just enjoy making others wzs hell and unenjoyable.

bw seriously need to seperate premades from solo queues coz i cant see anyway they can prevent a 8 man guild group getting into normals. unless they only allow a 4 man premade in wzs and force 4 randoms onto there team.

i dont play this game for others to ruin my fun and playtime so they can have cheap and easy wins by ruining the fun for others.

while i know im gonna get absolutly flamed for this post and hardly anyone if any agree with me but such is life. but nothing says more cowardly tan an 8man premade in a normal wz. and its worse when they dont get on the same team as there other 4 man group they ditch the wz and queue until they get it.

if they dont fix issues like this class balancing wont matter when there no comeptitive normal warzones

wow that sounds really cool i will try join drop it like its hoth love this **** wooohooo

something needs to be done to stop this to many time do i see the guild drop it like its hoth on red eclipse having a full premade in normals and will likely leave ones there not all in. not only is it unfair to others thats wot ranked rwz are for so either they cowardly looking for a free and easy win and cant hack ranked or 2 they just enjoy making others wzs hell and unenjoyable.

Please show me your proof that DiLiH premades are quitting warzones where we are not with all 8 of in one team. And as Mylex pointed out we often queue for ranked espically now that we are in the process of rebuilding our ranked team.

Because most of our members are older, work long hours, raid a lot and or have families. The hours that we are able to PvP tends be late at night after work, raids are over or kids are in bed. At these times there are obviously less people queuing so the chance of us getting paired together in warzones is more likely.

Hoth is also a very large guild and not counting officers we have well over 60 active mains and at all times we always have at least 1 group of people queuing together for warzones.

Please show me your proof that DiLiH premades are quitting warzones where we are not with all 8 of in one team. And as Mylex pointed out we often queue for ranked espically now that we are in the process of rebuilding our ranked team.

Because most of our members are older, work long hours, raid a lot and or have families. The hours that we are able to PvP tends be late at night after work, raids are over or kids are in bed. At these times there are obviously less people queuing so the chance of us getting paired together in warzones is more likely.

Hoth is also a very large guild and not counting officers we have well over 60 active mains and at all times we always have at least 1 group of people queuing together for warzones.

Personally .... got rolled over by a DiLiH 8 man and I wouldnt have a problem with that *IF* 2 players from your guild werent doing stupid emotes at the enemy team, who were at an obvious disadvantage. I find that funny coming from players like those two, who struggle to get the 300k damage medal being an elite warlord but anyways back to the point .... we got our own 8 man and rolled over one of your 4 mans 5 minutes later - not because you got a lucky pop, because some people thought making emotes while you have an 8 man is so funny :D.

Edited by SajPl

Occasionally ending up with 2 4mans is one thing, quitting over and over again until you do, is quite another.

What I don't get is the PuGs on the other side who stick around... You see 8 people with the same guild tag, and you're in a pure 8 man PuG, bounce. There is no quitter debuff, the best way to "thwart" someone who is exploiting the system, is to not bother playing against them at all.

The first time they might be all like "Yeah, we are so leet! They can't handle our powuh!" But by the 6th time their WZ ends after 1 min...

this is an interesting thread and i agree with this post the most tbh. But if you look at it from a new but competitive guilds perspective or even the dev teams. How, if not through normal wz, can a team wishing to successfully progress from normal to ranked ever get the team time to gel etc, if they are prevented from doing so in normal wz. Remember end game is mainly team game.

On the other side of the coin people could always start arguing that pugs are spoling normal wz.

Edited by iaintoff

After playing against my own guild a few times, there's nothing really like the feedback from nerdrage when it's personal and on Teamspeak. For same-faction why not place individual members of premades across the teams?

In primetime when the cues are more active and cross-faction is most common, 4-man and 8-man premades would still be intact, armed and fully operational. When less active, they'd be split up and be able to assess their own team-mates worth from the viewpoint of an enemy. This would have the potential side-benefit of having the cues pop longer with solo cue'ers having more of a chance in the later hours as opposed to the current situation.

So you would rather not have the ability to play with a group of friends in a WZ ?Sounds like an awful idea. People who que solo are just asking to get their as* handed to them. I've been doing PvP since 1.1 and have never complained about a single thing; even when my main was the most underpowered class at the time. You complained about smash as well, so that alone tells me that you are under geared.

I've given you a viable option where is yours ?

People have farmed their gear for PvP min/maxed it and put in the time to be where they are, We all started with nothing its the same in every mmo except a few if you want to walk into PvP where every thing is eqaul and everything is given to you go play Guild Wars.

I understand that losing games is frustrating but again its a gear based game farm your gear, Join a focused guild make some new friends and kick some butt if everything is given to you whats the point of playing.

Its a MMO Massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) (muh'-mor-puh-guh) is a genre of role-playing video games in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a virtual game world. i want to PvP with friends that's why i pay my monthly Subs I win some, I lose some, I Roflstomp some, I get Roflstomped but that's PvP

I'm Done on this Thread now please try to grasp the fact that you have the option to make your own premades and farm your own gear no one has a advantage over anyone else other than they have put in more time and effort to gear and make friends to play alongside once you see this and actually put it into place you will get some much more out of your PvP i mean i don't see people trying to clear end game OP's or FP's solo in Tionese gear

^Enough Said.

Occasionally ending up with 2 4mans is one thing, quitting over and over again until you do, is quite another.

What I don't get is the PuGs on the other side who stick around... You see 8 people with the same guild tag, and you're in a pure 8 man PuG, bounce. There is no quitter debuff, the best way to "thwart" someone who is exploiting the system, is to not bother playing against them at all.

The first time they might be all like "Yeah, we are so leet! They can't handle our powuh!" But by the 6th time their WZ ends after 1 min...

Yea but if they started quitting and they got to win 1 minute matches more premade regs would happen. Same as what happened on Illium if you are getting free WZ wins why not que for them. Something has to be done about premades in regular WZs though. On my server its near impossible for republic to win any WZs at all. I believe this is the reason for the faction imbalances ( cant beat imps, might as well join them ).

Your best solution is to not fall for the description "solo queue" because its really not solo. Once you get past that you'll realize if you are truly solo then you're at a disadvantage to those that play with friends regularly and may be already geared or have voice chat. Ultimately it means nearly every time you queue against the guilds who form two 4-man premades against your group of solo's, some of which may have 13k hp and get single shotted, you will lose. If you're on your daily, you can sit it out and get your credit, if you're on your weekly I recommend exiting until you get a better mix. Edited by Ybini
punctuation

I agree, but the game needs to quit backfilling after about the 4th person that leaves. As it is, it just keeps funneling people into the wz. So instead of ruining just 8 people's time, now perhaps as many as 15 or twenty get to have their time wasted.

I was in a group the other day and we got a NC. Seen that we were facing a decent team on the pub side, realized it was a double premade which was hilarious because we smashed them.

Its kind of a raw deal really, because if you're trying to practice for rated you can't without messing up your rating. So rated teams are stuck double premading to practice. Then they get stuck against random people who sometimes are good, but more often be bad so they're not getting the real practice they need. Its a system that needs to be fixed.

I think they should have 4 options:

Solo queue should be soloers

Group queue for 2-4 man unrated, can backfill soloers.

8-man unrated for practicing.

Rated op groups.

I was in a group the other day and we got a NC. Seen that we were facing a decent team on the pub side, realized it was a double premade which was hilarious because we smashed them.

On the opposite side of that; I got in a CW with a PUG and we even had a guy that had like 13k health. Someone asked him to leave, but I don't think he did. We 3 capped almost the entire match and finally lost a side node (of all things) when their ship was down to either 60 or 80 left. I imagine they were thinking we were a premade.

Its kind of a raw deal really, because if you're trying to practice for rated you can't without messing up your rating. So rated teams are stuck double premading to practice. Then they get stuck against random people who sometimes are good, but more often be bad so they're not getting the real practice they need. Its a system that needs to be fixed.

I think they should have 4 options:

Solo queue should be soloers

Group queue for 2-4 man unrated, can backfill soloers.

8-man unrated for practicing.

Rated op groups.

please stop. a rating is a rating for a reason. it reflects your performance, which is related, in an indefinite way, to your skill and that of your team's. I understand not wanting to get into rated until you're "ready," but the rating reflects who and what you are. if you're bad and don't queue to protect your rating, then you're protecting nothing. you're bad until you're good. get in there and take your lumps or don't. but don't hide behind a superQ as "protecting your rating." you have no rating. you are nothing until you play. and if you get stomped, then you are your rating and vice versa. the ratings are objective. either you win or lose - and the quality of your opponents is factored in. you're not "protecting" anything in regs. you're hiding and circumventing the queue system.

you realize that, the way the back fill system works, more ppl will be pulled into the WZ to fill the quitter's spot. I've had exactly 1 WZ shutdown in over 6 months. That's ONE since the first round of mergers. quitting against a superQ won't affect the superQ's "pug-stomping fun." it will simply punish more pugs who back fill into the mess. there is no easy solution here. I agree with the op. as far as I can tell, completely separating the queues is the only feasible option, but that isn't necessarily practical. it's feasible in that it's the only way to allow grps to queue and still prevent superQs in the solo queue.

Edited by foxmob

please stop. a rating is a rating for a reason. it reflects your performance, which is related, in an indefinite way, to your skill and that of your team's. I understand not wanting to get into rated until you're "ready," but the rating reflects who and what you are. if you're bad and don't queue to protect your rating, then you're protecting nothing. you're bad until you're good. get in there and take your lumps or don't. but don't hide behind a superQ as "protecting your rating." you have no rating. you are nothing until you play. and if you get stomped, then you are your rating and vice versa. the ratings are objective. either you win or lose - and the quality of your opponents is factored in. you're not "protecting" anything in regs. you're hiding and circumventing the queue system.

I disagree, if the rating was about you, then they'd have a solo queue for rated, and pug rated groups. A lot of people are all wound up about that stupid rating that they don't queue. So you can pretend they queue in nonrated as two premade groups for "funs" but they're praticing and ruining other's fun.

I disagree, if the rating was about you, then they'd have a solo queue for rated, and pug rated groups. A lot of people are all wound up about that stupid rating that they don't queue. So you can pretend they queue in nonrated as two premade groups for "funs" but they're praticing and ruining other's fun.

I'm not entirely sure you understood what I said because we both seem to say that the superQ/8m in regs is wrong. but the rating *is* about you. I mean that every individual carries an individual rating. of course, that rating is dependent on who you've played with and who you've played against. and those two factors also weigh heavily in wins/losses. but the rating itself *is* an individual one. your teammates will likely have different ratings unless you all only played the exact same rated matches.

I don't see a problem with allowing people to group together for PVP. That's perfectly fine and is a fun playstyle. However, they should be matched with people who enjoy a similar advantage. Premade queues should be seperate. There really is no argument stated in this thread that doesn't sound like "I want to maintain an unfair advantage."

We are not advocating removing the ability to premade altogether. We are asking that premade queues be seperated from casual queues. The only thing this does is make the games more competative at all levels.

Now, this will undoubtedly make the premade queues take forever, and is a change I would not suggest until a cross server queue is implemented - for pre-mades at the least if not for everyone. This serves to fix all possible issues with the idea. Queue times are improved, premades get the 'real games' that they profess to want, and casuals get competative PVP.

A few weeks ago i ended up in a huttball match with 7 ppl from the same guild...then when the match begun, i realised that the entire other team also were from the same guild lol, was quite amusing =P

I wonder tho, how they managed that. Requeuing with 4 teams til you all end up in the same one seems....time consuming...maybe it was just coincidence..

I had a very fun game against an 8 man premade in a normal WZ last night. My team was a giant group of pugs, but we were all individually very good players. We knew we weren't going to win against the 8 man, 2 healer (with guard), full/partial EWH premade, but we gave a very good fight. Had our team been much worse, however, then it would have been a miserable but short massacre. BW should be taking measures to prevent these kinds of WZ from happening.

I'm not entirely sure you understood what I said because we both seem to say that the superQ/8m in regs is wrong. but the rating *is* about you. I mean that every individual carries an individual rating. of course, that rating is dependent on who you've played with and who you've played against. and those two factors also weigh heavily in wins/losses. but the rating itself *is* an individual one. your teammates will likely have different ratings unless you all only played the exact same rated matches.

Ok then I likely read it wrong. Its not like the old quake ranking where you were ranked per kill etc.