Metacritic score so far

relapes

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

User scores=who gives a damn. Ratings on the internet from random people are only one of two things: the highest possible score or the lowest possible score.

If you need someone else's opinion, then go to someone you trust to give an honest one. A 0/10 isn't an honest review for damn near any game, except ones that are so horridly unfinished and broken they can't even be played, and even then that was slapped together in about a week. Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, anyone?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-wars-the-old-republic

The critic score is ehhhh decent, but the user score is rather alarming.

More and more WoW clone claims, even from the positive reviews. The most positive reviews are positive like milk is cold, like not really.

Well I can easily say that never ever depend on people's opinion on a certain product (unless if it's not about electronics and people's LIVE experiences on it) especially in games.

Check Skyrim opinions. Some people even gave 3 out of 10 for this game (which I believe they're from outer space or just took an arrow on the knee). Also check Modern Warfare 3, etc... Which we all know that , as a common sense, they're great products love it or not.

You cant come out with a "close-to-scientific" result from people's opinion unless they come from a controlled and scientificly chosen "survey pool".

So go and play the game and see it yourself. For me, SWTOR is the only MMO out there which can satsify all my online gaming needs. But I also know that many people out there did not like the product. It's up to people's choice.

Games are not dangerous but Internet is :)

I wonder what Bioware and EA will be more focused on; metacritic "scores", which have been laughable for a long time now; or the cash flowing in from all the happy customers' subscriptions and game time cards..

As long as no one announces officially that SWTOR is closing down I will assume that I am one of very, very many happy and content SWTOR players who are glad to put down their cash to keep this wonderful experience going.

Am I a fanboi? Yes; I don't consider it a bad thing though.

Are you reading this, completely disagreeing and actually, secretly, wondering why you've read this far down? In other words, not so much of a fan of this game? In that case, let me ask you: What the hell are you still doing here besides trolling or looking for other outlets for your angst? Here's a "facepalm" for your trouble.

Everyone is it? That is quit the claim after looking in the customer service section let alone the general section.

Yes because everyone who is positive will make a forum post about how awesome the game is :rolleyes:

Everyone knows that forums are mostly negative, for almost all games.

More and more WoW clone claims, even from the positive reviews. The most positive reviews are positive like milk is cold, like not really.

Mate, the unhappy players will always make way more noise, I wouldnt even be concerned if you found 500k individual disgruntled players.

The game will do just fine, trust me.

I love this game to death, I just find the view of the public alarming, I want this game to keep on going a year or two later...

not at all it's exactly what I expected the public opinion to be.

In our gamer culture it's either WIN or FAIL. There is no inbetween and since gamers are a passionete time you get people voting 0 or 10 and both give it really vauge reviews such as.

"THIS IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER!!"

or

"OMG THIS IS EPIC FAIL! BIOFAIL SUCKSORZR"

Those who love the game are too busy playing.

Haters waste their time on such sites to express their hatred.

Simple as that.

Seen the thousands of hater regarding wow since BC?

Game still here and doing well today.

And let's be honest Metacritic isn't the best source when you see their score for games like Skyrim.

Edited by Alianar

Ignore the user reviews. Before someone tells me I have my head in my sand. If we listen to user reviews it'll tell us the best mmo's ever are Warhammer online, COH, and Tabula Rasa. Last time I checked Warhammer is nearly dead with a dwindling player base, Tabula Rasa IS dead, and COH is okay.

Yes, they are ALL just WOW FANBOYZ, keep saying that if it makes it easier for you to ignore them.

OK, thanks for your permission.

Game's great. Haven't met anyone playing it who didn't think so. Haven't met anyone who played it that didn't think so. And you're talking about a site famous for troll reviews in the user section. Yeah, I'll go ahead and ignore it.

Metacritic user scores mean nothing, unless you think someone with a working brain would give this game (or many other) a 0. It's simply wow trolls feeling threatened. And they should.

The only score that will matter is the critic score, and that's gonna go over 9 as soon as most reviews from people that actually played the game hit.

Funny part is there are more reviews over all for Swtor than wow on the site. With an even better review overall. That logic would mean Swtor will have a better life that WoW. If you want to use Meta Critic as any part of logic that is.

Swtor has more reviews, more positive and more negative, though over all a better critic score by users. Thus meaning it will out do WoW. Then again you can just wait and see a couple months down the road.

a couple of days isn't enough to receive a full opinion of a game, none of these reviews (with the exception maybe of the journalists, they've been playing since at least the massive Beta of November. and since this is their job, when I mean played, I mean played the **** out of it.) has something intelligent to offer...

it's basicly a raw mix of weird feelings disguised into a poorly written and non-objective review. 0s like 10s.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.