Metacritic score so far

relapes

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-wars-the-old-republic

The critic score is ehhhh decent, but the user score is rather alarming.

More and more WoW clone claims, even from the positive reviews. The most positive reviews are positive like milk is cold, like not really.

You know 80% of these are trolls right?

Go check, most of them have 1 post and give a zero saying "uh i didn't play the game but WoW clone! i feel offended hurr durr.

Metacritic = bad

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know 80% of these are trolls right?

Go check, most of them have 1 post and give a zero saying "uh i didn't play the game but WoW clone! i feel offended hurr durr.

Metacritic = bad

What's hilarious is that people were saying months ago when some mixed reviews were coming out "let's wait for release and the metacrtiic scores, then we'll see the truth of how awesome this game is!!"

Fanboys can always, always, always find a way to marginalize a non-fanboy opinion about the game. That's just all there is to it.

I love this game to death, I just find the view of the public alarming, I want this game to keep on going a year or two later...

The vocal minority is often a large misinterpretation of the silent majority. Like it or don't like it. Allowing internet opinions to alarm you in any way shape or form is just silly to me.

Please advertise your website elsewhere.

Edited by Dreavus

What's hilarious is that people were saying months ago when some mixed reviews were coming out "let's wait for release and the metacrtiic scores, then we'll see the truth of how awesome this game is!!"

Fanboys can always, always, always find a way to marginalize a non-fanboy opinion about the game. That's just all there is to it.

I've been on this forum for a while. Not ONCE did I hear ANYTHING about metacritic.

This pretty much proves that metacritics user scores are a joke.

This proves it? It was proven years ago. People are trolls.

You have a large chunk of people giving everything a 0 and bombarding the game with a low average then you have the fans giving it straight 10's to counter the 0's.

When Portal 2 first came out the metacritic user score was at a 2.0

Whether you like a game or not a game just cannot be a freaking 0. The idea that MW3, Battlefield, Portal, etc. are 0-4 rated games is absolutely ridiculous. They are outstanding for the genre they are in and those are just troll scores. Even if you aren't a fan of one to give it a 0 is just a slap in the face to the game developers.

In the end all that is going to matter is the average critic score and the subscriber retention rate. I highly doubt Bioware gives a crap what trolls have to say. Dragon Age II had been bombarded with low scores yet it's sold over 4 million copies. Modern Warfare 3 is one of the lowest rated games in terms of user score and it has sold over 10 million copies in a month.

Edited by Improv-

I think this is absurd. I mean, I am the first to point out SWTOR has flaws and need to add and work on some stuff. But any rating below 5 is just totally absurd! It's just ridiculous how far people will go to bash a game, and one that is barely launched.

Atm I'd rate it a 8/10 or so, depending on the personal focus of the gamer. I really don't know why people feel so inclined to bash this game.

I think this is absurd. I mean, I am the first to point out SWTOR has flaws and need to add and work on some stuff. But any rating below 5 is just totally absurd! It's just ridiculous how far people will go to bash a game, and one that is barely launched.

Atm I'd rate it a 8/10 or so, depending on the personal focus of the gamer. I really don't know why people feel so inclined to bash this game.

It's not just this game. It's pretty much every game unless it's a niche game. The gaming world is full of a bunch of hipsters who go around and rate down popular games ( IE: ToR, WoW, MW3, BF3, Mass Effect, etc.) and rate up the niche games that have a smaller audience. This happens after every game release.

Some of the reviews themselves are hilarious. "Amazon shipped my CE box damaged! I want a refund." 0/10. "queues, queues, and more queues!" 0/10

PS: Eventually it will go up and stabilize at a good score. Once all the fans stop playing and those who care take the time to review it. Same thing happened with Portal 2. After a couple of weeks with an abysmal user score it jumped to the 'green' side.

Edited by Improv-

and besides u really cant review a game that just came out litterly today give it like a month or 2 without any weeken betas and playing straight thru and experise a lot of thing before reviewing that the only thing i like about IGN reviews when it comes to mmo's atleast they have there review in progress still

you can play the game and tell its not gonna bet a better score than average. everytime a reviewer give this score average or below (which is almost every site that reviewed this game) you flame it and say (they dont know what they talking about) the only ppl agreeing with you are fanboys and closet fanboys. This game is average it can be grat with time but rather you want to believe it or not those reviews are accuate and unlike you guys are giving reasons to why they feel that you. you dont even have the decency to counter the points they made. flame me all you want but that will only prove i struck a nerve

Simply put, the people screaming WoW clone are idiots. I say this as someone that played WoW for years.

They are likely those whose first MMO experience was WoW. They don't realize that MMO mechanics are the same across the board. That WoW borrowed those mechanics and so is SWTOR. However there is enough difference, such as space combat and companions, that this game is a breath of fresh air.

WoW clone people may be idiots, but they are a HUGE part of the MMO market that is unhappy with this game.

I love this game to death, I just find the view of the public alarming, I want this game to keep on going a year or two later...

Look at it this way, many people are crying SWTOR=WOW because that's the depth of their gaming knowledge... anyone who's ever played previous Bioware titles would easily say this is more like KOTOR with WoW-like mechanics and sprinkles of ME and DA spread throughout. Really at times, I feel like it's Bioware's love letter to their fans.

Also, a fair majority of WoW players were ultra-casual, idiots, and children, so don't forget that.

Disclosure: Yeah, I played it from Closed beta > Cata which killed it for me but I've also been playing since MUDs were cool.

Edited by SilentbobSC

well considering that world of warcraft claimed what 11 million people and out of that 600 something people even bothered to go vote I think the game is doing well.

What really hurts the score is the 0's I'm seeing.. and if you honestly read the reviews and have played this game for any amount of time you'll realize that the reviewers haven't played this game, or just don't like mmo's

I see alot of the "wow clone" statements.. but really what is the answer? Do people not realize that games have been like this since way before wow?

I've played this quest up to level 40 several times and t here's not many kill x quests most of those are the bonuses.

But this game released today and already has 1/6 of the votes that wow has to me that says alot.

Honestly I never would have gone to this site to look at the score if it weren't for this thread.

Realistically if I take the absolute worst game I've ever played I couldn't give it a 0 review and be fair.. not even a professional critic would give anything a 0

Edited by Shammus

The game is average at best. Alot of shortcomings that are overlooked. It is basically a glorified Mass Effect 3 in the Star Wars Universe. Its more or less a single player game with tons and tons of instancing. No chat bubbles keeps the communication down. Sorry but most of the reviews that gave it 0/10 said similar things.

I wont go into other aspects of the game because they have already been addressed.

Honestly I think giving it 0/10 is fine to balance all the people giving it 10/10 when it has HUGE flaws and so far the worst launch in MMO history

well considering that world of warcraft claimed what 11 million people and out of that 600 something people even bothered to go vote I think the game is doing well.

What really hurts the score is the 0's I'm seeing.. and if you honestly read the reviews and have played this game for any amount of time you'll realize that the reviewers haven't played this game, or just don't like mmo's

I see alot of the "wow clone" statements.. but really what is the answer? Do people not realize that games have been like this since way before wow?

I've played this quest up to level 40 several times and t here's not many kill x quests most of those are the bonuses.

But this game released today and already has 1/6 of the votes that wow has to me that says alot.

Honestly I never would have gone to this site to look at the score if it weren't for this thread.

Great post, It's sad to see this generation of MMO players that started midway through WoW.

The thing that irritates me about the "wow clone" comments is the fact that there's so many contradictions that, because on these forums you got people ASKING for wow features.

Honestly I think giving it 0/10 is fine to balance all the people giving it 10/10 when it has HUGE flaws and so far the worst launch in MMO history

This completely invalidates your opinion. Im sorry but you must be new to MMOs. Best launch I have ever played in, and I have been in them all just about.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-wars-the-old-republic

The critic score is ehhhh decent, but the user score is rather alarming.

More and more WoW clone claims, even from the positive reviews. The most positive reviews are positive like milk is cold, like not really.

user reviews are a poor way to gauge a game because of the simple fact of trolls giving the game the lowest score possible. No one should be reviewing this game yet as endgame content has not even been tested and run thoroughly.

The game is average at best. Alot of shortcomings that are overlooked. It is basically a glorified Mass Effect 3 in the Star Wars Universe. Its more or less a single player game with tons and tons of instancing. No chat bubbles keeps the communication down. Sorry but most of the reviews that gave it 0/10 said similar things.

I wont go into other aspects of the game because they have already been addressed.

Worst launch in MMO history, hahahahahahahahaha HAHAHAA! This has to be your first MMO launch, HUGE FLAWS bwhahahaha this game is great. Drama queen "Squeaky wheel gets the grease"!

Try WoW's launch, people werent able to access their accounts for almost a week or the original GW. You are just plain wrong in the worst mmo launch ever claim, and HUGE faults. Instancing is not a fault, its a game design choice that fits well with its story direction, just because its not sandbox does not mean it is bad.

Edited by relapes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.