Awesome way to ruin an event

remohunta

Light-sided Imps, Dark-side Jedi. The FFA aspect actually makes better sense than the mechanic that keeps you in the Imperial closet even when LS V. Plus most people have characters in both factions. Plus in those factions, is there not a guild you don't admire too much? or a string of names on your ignore list? Now you don't have to wait to catch them on your alts in a WZ, you can let them know exactly how you feel through PvP. It's great!

Then why are light-sided pubs with Light 5 fighting light-sided pubs with Light 5 now? Care to explain that. I just read your first line to know the rest is pure OPINION.

And dark sided Jedi attacking everyone? Where's that in the lore?

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. I don't want any PvP at all.

So then don't participate in the event. You won't be missing out on any gear upgrades, only cosmetics.

If I want Dread Guard gear, I have to do PvE. If I want Cartel gear, I have to buy coins. If I want Gree gear, I have to PvP in this event.

the real problem is that the eaware team put PvE objectives with PvE co-operation involved into a PvP area. Instead of putting in PvP objectives like kill this many players or damage and so on. Who ever thought of that needs to leave or change the PvE to PvP objectives

So then don't participate in the event. You won't be missing out on any gear upgrades, only cosmetics.

If I want Dread Guard gear, I have to do PvE. If I want Cartel gear, I have to buy coins. If I want Gree gear, I have to PvP in this event.

No you don't. Not the armour anyway.

Who said ANYTHING about RPing? Now you are just pulling **** out of your *** because your argument was called to task and you have no real defense for it. As to the larger point, just because one side plays better, beats you more often, or what other issue you may have doesn't mean most people roll the other side especially when you are talking in a limited scope when you are talking about what you see in PvP.

you are so amazing. If you read posts above me, there are discussion about how FFA doesnt work lore wise. you say im pulling **** out of my *** to argue. you sir are the master of this since you ignored the rest of the post that was meant for you and fixated on the part meant to argue for others. Bravo Master ****

I am happy to argue about the mechanics of the event with you but apparently, you arent in the mood. come back with an intelligent response on why this isnt working and ill pay attention to you again.

Edited by ForsakenKing

Then why are light-sided pubs with Light 5 fighting light-sided pubs with Light 5 now? Care to explain that. I just read your first line to know the rest is pure OPINION.

And dark sided Jedi attacking everyone? Where's that in the lore?

For some reason, your post reminds me of this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwyMB19q7ms

Not sure why...

You did not specify. I don't see the problem, faction based or not, it's PVP. Due to the imbalances in factions, they probably thought this was a better way of going about it.

This is what happens when BioWare starts to think. They screw things up.

He's right though.

Not at all. Just because someone or something is attackable, it doesn't mean you have to attack them. That decision is entirely up to you (and no one should have auto-attack next target checked in preferences. Forgiveable perhaps in low level players who haven't done flashpoints or grouped much, but for a player with a L50 character?). And if everything has to always be true to RP/Lore, I assume none of you complainers who are using this as an excuse skip conversations in FPs? Or ever skip mobs just to get your daily done asap?

Lore as presented in the books and films is not absolute anyway and believing it is leads to sterility (and often really, really cheesy roleplaying). In a successful MMO-world, the player-characters shape the lore as much as all the background bumpf you've read and watched. I want to be part of a world that lives, breathes and evolves and PvP provides that in a way that standing in a cantina opining at a PC of the opposite faction does not. In short, RP can come in many forms, there isn't just one right approach.

This event is great. If you don't like even the PvE part of the event, then don't participate, but people really should stop with the hyperbole about being forced to PvP when we know this is completely untrue.

This event is great. If you don't like even the PvE part of the event, then don't participate, but people really should stop with the hyperbole about being forced to PvP when we know this is completely untrue.

When the game mechanics as they are now make it so easy to flag unflagged people, it is true. Perhaps some were lucky and didn't get disrupted by PvP, but that only means griefers were busy somewhere else or just bored at that moment.

There's different opinions about this and different reasonings for different opinions. It's not completely untrue and you know that. To put the PvE part of the event so close to the PvP part was downright silly. I started the event last night and gave up after a few tries. Am I entitled to have everything my way? No. Am I disappointed? Heck, yes.

Imagine you went to a burger joint and ordered something, but instead of bringing your order they put a bag over your head, threw you in the cellar, and starved you for 2 months.

After the 2 months, if they apologized and gave you a chunk of a stale hamburger bun, it wouldn't exactly be what you ordered, but you'd probably be too hungry and perhaps even too desperate to care.

~Eggs

Edited by Eggsalicious

Lore as presented in the books and films is not absolute anyway and believing it is leads to sterility (and often really, really cheesy roleplaying). In a successful MMO-world, the player-characters shape the lore as much as all the background bumpf you've read and watched. I want to be part of a world that lives, breathes and evolves and PvP provides that in a way that standing in a cantina opining at a PC of the opposite faction does not. In short, RP can come in many forms, there isn't just one right approach.

Believing lore that does not exist is just a different way of saying pulling stuff out of thin air (and other places that are body parts).

Had a group of 10 imps on our server yesterday playing "police" at the pylon, enforcing a queue and killing anyone trying to skip the line.

Reminded me of .hack//SIGN :cool:

Which is the exact reason why they removed the first Ilum world pvp zone, people doing thing in the wrong way that is not intended by the designer.

They could fix the issue by gating the entrance to the pvp zone and only put the equal amount of each faction, that mean every imperial would cry a river they have to wait in queues for hours and cant do their daily.

I prefer the current system and im not a fan of pvp.

They could fix the issue by gating the entrance to the pvp zone and only put the equal amount of each faction, that mean every imperial would cry a river they have to wait in queues for hours and cant do their daily.

Or they could instance the area and limit each instance to X of each faction.

I agree this event was poorly thought out. It is fine to have PvP event and I get that is mostly what it is, that said, you need to have more then 3 dalies for the people who do not want to PvP like myself I have not once and will never PvP in this game or any other because I do not like it.

Some things you need to do with events like these:

1. Stop other players from being able to flag you for PvP when your not in a PvP zone.

2. More PVE Quests, as it stands I doubt I will be able to get what I need to get what I want in 2 weeks.

Well, been playing for a few days on several toons and there has been zero exploit flagging on my PvE server. So... I fail to see what the problem is. The PvE area is not camped out with gankers. The missions are seperate by area and for the most part, those that want to PvE are left alone.

What am I missing?