Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Relics of the Gree Event

CourtneyWoods

I am looking at that myself

The Empire and the Republic have set up research camps to study the Secant – camps which double as staging platforms for forays into the contested area in the south.

This is a PvP region restricted to groups of four players competing over limited resources to achieve daily mission objectives.

Operations groups are disallowed in the Southern Bowl, but on PvP servers, the Northern Bowl will still host large-scale conflicts between the Empire and the Republic.

No Operations groups in the Southern Bowl and Northern Bowl if you are in a Pve Server.

Pvp Servers can have Operations groups in the Northern Bowl.

Many repeatable missions are available at each research camp, and those that require entering the Southern Bowl are flagged as [PvP]. These [PvP] missions do not directly require killing players, but the nature of the objectives will pit your group against all others in the region

Southern Bowl will be the Pvp area if you are going to get a auto flag. At the same time I can no longer form operations groups in the area because of the four man limit. So either they give me a character copy or I will just run around with other players in my faction. No reason to roll in a pvp server just to do this one event.

Ouch... the open world pvp will only be available on pvp servers? That sucks. I was looking forward to that but I am not on a pvp server. Bummer.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So typical, PVPers finnaly get some love and all the elitist PVEers can do is ***** and whine about how Bioware is being bias.

And before you start i'm gonna remind you that recently you got 2 major PVE updates and all we got was a new WZ and gear with +1 stat increase.

"but on PvP servers, the Northern Bowl will still host large-scale conflicts between the Empire and the Republic."

Please give us PvPers stuck on RP/PvE servers paid transfers so we can transfer to PvP servers :(

Edited by QuanZen

What tron looking operative gear? Defilitely feeling like there isn't much creativity there, just like the cartel market. I hope this can be done without pvping cause it is so not fun right now. Better be some legacy bound sabers this time around, this is a star wars game.

I agree with others, why should everything cater exclusively to the PvE crowd. Besides, this was always part of a redesigned ilum pvp area. So no real surprises there that this has a strong element of PvP.

Being primarily a PvE player, I still enjoyed the element of PvP from Rakghoul event and will give this event a fair chance - since I enjoyed the aforementioned event with surprising enthusiasm!

1.6...wz and cartel shop

1.7 pvp event.....

when will we see some pve content?

“Relics of the Gree” is a new recurring in-game event in Star Wars: The Old Republic. Gray Secant will come and go from Ilum as it continues its millennial mission to gather and analyze infinite data. The event will end when Gray Secant achieves Red Radian and departs the planet – but look forward to its return!

please tell me this world pvp is not recurring and it's forever

1.6...wz and cartel shop

1.7 pvp event.....

when will we see some pve content?

1.1 = four new bosses for kp and a fp = 100%

1.2 = new raid, new fp and 1 wz and legacy sistem = 66% pve, 33% pvp

1,3 = group finder, more legacy stuff and RWZ = 50% pve, 50%

1.4 = a new raid, some few changes in pvp = 80% pve, 20% pvp

1.5= F2P, HK-51, NIM EC= 100% PVE

1.6= a new wz, new space combat missions (BH comms)= 90% pvp, 10% pve

1.7= pve event, pvp event = 50% pve, 50% pvp

not bad for pvers eh?

pvp need more stuff in this game and the pve is pretty good for now. next update for pve? 1.8=makeb

Edited by lucotas

So typical, PVPers finnaly get some love and all the elitist PVEers can do is ***** and whine about how Bioware is being bias.

And before you start i'm gonna remind you that recently you got 2 major PVE updates and all we got was a new WZ and gear with +1 stat increase.

I wouldn't exactly call NMM EC a major pve update...it was pretty much the same as HM...though the dreadtooth worldboss has brought some fun...but hey pvpers get involved during that fight all the time when guilds try to down it. I would also like to remind you that Ilum and pvp has been around since day 1...if you like it so much it was there for you to use this entire time for world pvp.

Ok, so you are forced to PVP in order to do this, and can only do this event if you are 45+. Nice way to alienate half the people playing.

I hate PVP. People will just exploit it and gang up on people in groups to further ruin it. Completely ruining their chance to get anything done. I only enjoy playing WITH others, not against others, or alone.

Way to go Bioware. :mad:

My anticipation for this just died. Pretty much everything they do now just turns me off.

Over half the people playing have at least 1 50. The level requirement doesn't alienate most of us.

not bad for pvers eh?

pvp need more stuff in this game and the pve is pretty good for now. next update for pve? 1.8=makeb

I wouldn't count the Space Missions as standard PvE though. Most people do them just to level and get credits (or tokens for the chance to get Molecular Stabs). Heck, I wouldn't have counted LF Tool as a PvE thing, but I use it so often that I sort of have to.

1.6 we saw a new wz and cartel crap............. pvpers never get nuthin

This is cool! Just got sage to 45 yesterday, and can already do the event, very nice!

Would like to clear two things though:

- none of my 50s has PVP gear, should they stay out of the Souther shell? Don't wanna buy gear just to get there tbh;

- I'm going away for a week, so how long will the event be on? And also recurring means how often? Annually?

Thanks.

Ok, so you are forced to PVP in order to do this, and can only do this event if you are 45+. Nice way to alienate half the people playing.

I hate PVP. People will just exploit it and gang up on people in groups to further ruin it. Completely ruining their chance to get anything done. I only enjoy playing WITH others, not against others, or alone.

Way to go Bioware. :mad:

My anticipation for this just died. Pretty much everything they do now just turns me off.

This makes it sound like you're right... and if so... I don't like it at all. I was looking forward to this event, but PvP in MMOs is horrible. I'm not interested in going toe-to-toe with people who will defeat me only because they have better gear than I do - and I have proven that I'm a better playing by doing fights Echani style.

The Western Ice Shelf now applies a Bolster effect to all players (but not Companions), similar to Warzones. Although enemies are level 50, level 45 players should be on equal enough ground to complete their mission objectives. If you plan to participate in the [PvP] missions, however, you will have an easier time if you pick up Recruit Mk-2 gear from the Fleet (this gear requires level 50).

@BioWare - Is this a PvP event or what?

not bad for pvers eh?

Raids aren't the definition of pve. Where is the other pve (the pve that most people do ie solo pve). I'm feeling no love for pvers at all :/

Someone clarify this a bit for me.

The Gree are in the contested area. However, only the southern bowl will auto-flag.

Now, I've never been in this area, so I do not know what this implies. Does that mean going to the Western Shelf will not auto-flag if I wanted to just do the PvE quests (at least, I think those are PvE quests), but going to the southern bowl will auto-flag, is a PvP area, but you do not have PvP goals (i.e. killing other players), but are fighting for resources against everyone?

The blog was not as straight forward as it should of been I think. I think it would have helped if they put up a map of Ilum so can match the words up to the bowls (Cheerios or Corn Flakes?)

Looks awesome!

But...

Question: did I read it wrong or do you have to be on a PvP server to have true, Ops group, open world PvP on Ilum? How it read was that on PvE servers there will be no big open world, just the 4 on 4 in the southern area. If that's the truth it's...disappointing, to say the least. Hoping I read it wrong.

I'm glad I'm not the only confused by this blog... its supposed to be explained properly, and since I've only had like 2 hours of sleep in the last 24 - it doesn't make any sense and it should.

Most things have been pve orientated so far. what's wrong with some pvp love?

One thing doesn't have to exclude the other.

Nothing is wrong with some PvP love, but I can't make heads or tails of the blog. If its a PvP thing - that's great for the PvPers. PARTY ON!

But god damn it BioWare, you didn't explain yourself very clearly on this, whoever wrote the blog entry should no longer be authorized to write to the player base until they've learned how to communicate properly with certainty.

Raids aren't the definition of pve. Where is the other pve (the pve that most people do ie solo pve). I'm feeling no love for pvers at all :/

I'm dying for story content... I can't wait for Rise of the Hutt Cartel. (Sorry, I know this is off topic.)

I just want to know who was the moron who thought Free-for-all was a good idea? Now the PvP area is nothing but premades and griefers (I'm sporting WH / EWH even)...the stupidity is amazing. :mad::( Edited by Eillack