The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Short skirts

Parkooth

I... dont know how to take this suggestion.... I dont really agree with it. I'm assuming this has something to do with the dancers gear and wanting something a little more conserved. But the dancers outfits are in the movies/books/comics/games... I dont remember seeing any mini skirts in any of those... but idk.

I support skirts, don't have to be exclusive in the market, but should be in general in the game.

This is in the cartel market suggestion forum... plus it wouldnt make sense to just add miniskirts in general in the game since well... where would you get them? From quest rewards? "Here thanks for destroying that spies outpost, have a mini skirt thats not protecting to your legs"

If you think about it, floor length robes/skirts (whatever) would be pretty restrictive to fight in. Shorter skirts/robes would be less restrictive, but also less protective. Unless we're talking aesthetics, but some people are already complaining about sexism (even though males have those "invisible" chest pieces that they can't seem to give away on the GTN). You get those in every game with sexy female outfits, though. However, if we're talking restrictive/protective and battle, I really see it as six of one, half dozen of the other.

Protection? who cares, the game has already slave and dancer outfits that one can use even for tanking. So, that argument is moot. Star Wars has skirts, even short ones, and even short ones that are also worn by male characters. So, no reason to be against this.

I also +1 this. Visible protection is one thing, good looking character is another.

I admit, I wouldn't use it on every class, but on some (like my smuggler or agent) would be nice.

If someone don't want it, it's OK, I like choices and possibilities with the gear styles.

I would really like to see some short skirts available for characters. Knee length or shorter. A mini skirt would be great.
Yes !

But only if I can have high-heeled high boots to go with them! And maybe some stilettos for hanging out in the cantina. ;)

Another suggestion I support: we really need something between bikinis and long robes.

The Jedi Shadow War Hero set should give some idea:

Remove the side flaps, remove the weird extensions on all sides, remove that banner hanging from the back, and turn the part from the waist/upper hips down into a seperate LEG piece instead of being part of the chestpiece.

I'd like to see shorts and jeans and other non-armour social gear. Keep it in the Star Wars feel. What do the general population of the Star Wars universe wear on a day to day basis?

I am amazed by the amount of people who wear gloves for everything. Also, the clothes are almost depressingly utilitarian and almost overly functional - it seems like every citizen I run into works in construction or factories. It would make sense if we were going for a dystopian feel, but as far as I'm aware, we aren't.

RP clothing options, with more spaces that allow for and support RP, would be nice as an extension of this idea. Synthweavers able to make dresses and suits, for example.

I am amazed by the amount of people who wear gloves for everything. Also, the clothes are almost depressingly utilitarian and almost overly functional - it seems like every citizen I run into works in construction or factories. It would make sense if we were going for a dystopian feel, but as far as I'm aware, we aren't.

And boots! Everyone wears heavy military grade boots it seems.

This is Star Wars so i dont expect everything we have but sure they wear sandles, sneakers or other kinds of light shoes on Coruscant, Tatooine, Alderaan, etc.

Protection? who cares, the game has already slave and dancer outfits that one can use even for tanking. So, that argument is moot. Star Wars has skirts, even short ones, and even short ones that are also worn by male characters. So, no reason to be against this.

That doesn't even matter. This is Star Wars. Lightsaber! There, that's your armor!

A cloth robe is not more protection against a blaster bolt than a mini skirt. Pffft. This isn't D&D, this is Star Wars. :p

So yes to mini skirts, and yes to people getting over the idea of one needing armor to be protected in a universe where EVERYONE goes around in cloth armor for the most part.

That doesn't even matter. This is Star Wars. Lightsaber! There, that's your armor!

A cloth robe is not more protection against a blaster bolt than a mini skirt. Pffft. This isn't D&D, this is Star Wars. :p

So yes to mini skirts, and yes to people getting over the idea of one needing armor to be protected in a universe where EVERYONE goes around in cloth armor for the most part.

I never said anything else, so why does it feels like you are posting against me?

I'd like to see shorts and jeans and other non-armour social gear. Keep it in the Star Wars feel. What do the general population of the Star Wars universe wear on a day to day basis?

My smuggler would look so awesome in some short shorts, knee boots and something like the Aspiring Knight's armor without the stupid looking flaps that they stretched to the knees for some odd reason when it looked better the way they were originally. And if I could get them in all black would be so worth it.

Options, we wants them!