Copy keybindings between characters

Ardrekore

I've noticed I can't copy my bindings from one character to another, and as I have non-marginally altered the bindings from default, this is a real problem for me. I read elsewhere that this can not currently be done, but that devs were looking into it. But this was an older post and I was wondering if there was any updates that allow it (or updates from devs on the future of a copy feature, like with the interface)?

That really is too bad. I change upwards of 30-35 key bindings, and it's going to be a real PITA to do for each character I make. I know it turned me off of playing an alt last night (and from an economics point of view, the less alts I have, the less cartel coins I spend on each of those missing alts, the less money Blizzard gets from me in the end.).

That really is too bad. I change upwards of 30-35 key bindings, and it's going to be a real PITA to do for each character I make. I know it turned me off of playing an alt last night (and from an economics point of view, the less alts I have, the less cartel coins I spend on each of those missing alts, the less money Blizzard gets from me in the end.).

Wrong forums brah

It's strange. Some other MMOs that I've played use the same keybindings for all characters once set. Others have them separate across characters. I really like the Interface editor on here, and how I can save and load multiple layouts. Really don't see why they don't have the option to save and load keybindings to share across characters too.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
/signed This game is already 2 years old, so, is more than about time to have this option.

I was thinking that its two years old and most of us have already made our alts, that those still left may make one or two, but the majority of players are well into alt building. My thought is not that its about time, but that its too late. Use resources elsewhere.

I use 60 bindings on 12 characters and 720 total. It could have been helpful before but useful still. 720 bindings to set not including when I format my PC. If you listening Bioware thats a good fix for your wall of crazy if that still exists.

Remind me when I bought 1000+ warzone medpacks and clicking the mouse as many time before I knew the shift click trick.

Edited by CrusaderRevan

I was thinking that its two years old and most of us have already made our alts, that those still left may make one or two, but the majority of players are well into alt building. My thought is not that its about time, but that its too late. Use resources elsewhere.

/Agree.

Yeah! Screw new players, altoholics, etc, etc that are WAY more common than you obviously think! You're all that's important!

• 10 months later...
Hard to believe they have not implemented this, always been that way with the swtor Dev's, they never quite got what was needed and what was not.

Quick! Kill the necro with a stake!

Anyway, may I direct your attention to this thread, which has more recent last posts even though it too had been necro'd.

But I agree, it should have been put in. Or maybe like the Interfaces, we could have multiple profiles.

I just know I hate re-keybinding to include my number pad.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yup, I'm going to go ahead and bump this. I've seen other posts from 2011 requesting this feature; you mean to tell me it couldn't be figured out in that time?

Why am I bumping this? Because I've come back to the game after a long break, and I want to remake my characters. Do I want to re-set all my bindings and options? No, no I don't, but I don't have a choice.

No matter how the information is stored, creating a procedure to copy one entity's values into another can not be that hard. In fact, it should have come up in design's sequence and/or UML diagrams, but I guess that didn't happen.

• 7 months later...

This really has to be fixed.

I reconfigure around every single keybinding to have it the same in all MMO I'm playing so it takes me about 20 minutes per character. That is really not acceptable.

You have to fix a way to copy keybindings. The easiest way to you is to move the keybindings from server to client and name each file the name of the character. That way we can copy it ourselves.

Pls fix at once. This should be your absolute top priority IMHO.

Yes they could have it the way the UI works, a file that can be loaded with pre configured keybindings.

That would be awesome. As a left-hander I have to rebind pretty much every key in the game every time I create a new character. I use IJKL for movement instead of WASD. :eek:

City of Heroes had a couple of commands, bindsavefile and bindloadfile which saved/loaded all the keybinds to a local text file that could be edited. You could also bind a key to execute those commands which meant you could swap keybinds on the fly, very hand for multi-form classes like Kheldians. :cool: