Same gender romance discussion

CommunitySupport

I did get a tiny bit of weird dialogue after I got shut down by Kaliyo..

After that crazy fight with Valk , and you find Senya complaining and Kothe backing her up .

when I had to choose between Aric and Kaliyo , I picked a reply and it came out like ''Kaliyo maybe lunatic , but she is MY lunatic''

so even if we were turned down....we get a ''possesive'' reply like ? :D

@Nefla : not me , I want Smoochies dammit....

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did get a tiny bit of weird dialogue after I got shut down by Kaliyo..

After that crazy fight with Valk , and you find Senya complaining and Kothe backing her up .

when I had to choose between Aric and Kaliyo , I picked a reply and it came out like ''Kaliyo maybe lunatic , but she is MY lunatic''

so even if we were turned down....we get a ''possesive'' reply like ? :D

@Nefla : not me , I want Smoochies dammit....

Interesting!

I definitely wish we could romance the original companions as the same gender but I don't think it would ever happen so at least let us attempt to flirt. (I want to flirt with Quinn as a male warrior damnit!)

I definitely wish we could romance the original companions as the same gender but I don't think it would ever happen so at least let us attempt to flirt. (I want to flirt with Quinn as a male warrior damnit!)

I so wanted a bromance between my male smuggler Casro and Corso for the longest time -- the gun that Corso gave him back on Ord Mantell ("Flashy") was Casro's weapon of choice.

So naturally it was a bittersweet moment when I got my new blaster in Chapter XII and put Flashy into my cargo hold. Flashy was Casro's last connection to his former life before the Eternal Empire took over.

Edited by TarotMage

I so wanted a bromance between my male smuggler Casro and Corso for the longest time -- the gun that Corso gave him back on Ord Mantell ("Flashy") was Casro's weapon of choice.

So naturally it was a bittersweet moment when I got my new blaster in Chapter XII and put Flashy into my cargo hold. Flashy was Casro's last connection to his former life before the Eternal Empire took over.

Aw :( that's really sad and sweet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again everyone.

Sadly, I've come back to find Lana's (presumably Koth's as well) romance has been broken by a recent patch, and if you are in chapter IX and haven't got to the romance lock in conversation, you'll never get it. Because you need to have flirted with them previously, and for some reason the game has forgotten that you've done that. The only character you can flirt with in IX is Theron, which means his is apparently unchanged and can still be locked in.

Almost enough to drive me back away from the game. (I do have four characters with Lana's romance locked in, but any other character in chapter IX? Nope. Gotta check to see what happens with a fresh character who hasn't done any of KotFE.)

Hello again everyone.

Sadly, I've come back to find Lana's (presumably Koth's as well) romance has been broken by a recent patch, and if you are in chapter IX and haven't got to the romance lock in conversation, you'll never get it. Because you need to have flirted with them previously, and for some reason the game has forgotten that you've done that. The only character you can flirt with in IX is Theron, which means his is apparently unchanged and can still be locked in.

Almost enough to drive me back away from the game. (I do have four characters with Lana's romance locked in, but any other character in chapter IX? Nope. Gotta check to see what happens with a fresh character who hasn't done any of KotFE.)

It gets broken by every patch. From what others have said, her romance flags get reset with a new patch. There's also an issue with Ch. 8 too because of this. When the flags get reset, Lana doesn't rescue you at the end of that chapter like she should if you've flirted with her before. If you've taken a character past like, Ch 5 I think, you need to finish through Ch. 9 to lock it in or you lose it. This happened on my 'main' character, btw. So lucky I am.

Since there's a patch coming up next week, I'd hold off on starting a fresh character (unless you finish through Ch. 9 before then).

It gets broken by every patch. From what others have said, her romance flags get reset with a new patch. There's also an issue with Ch. 8 too because of this. When the flags get reset, Lana doesn't rescue you at the end of that chapter like she should if you've flirted with her before. If you've taken a character past like, Ch 5 I think, you need to finish through Ch. 9 to lock it in or you lose it. This happened on my 'main' character, btw. So lucky I am.

Since there's a patch coming up next week, I'd hold off on starting a fresh character (unless you finish through Ch. 9 before then).

That would explain why I never encountered this bug on my Warrior I went through chapters I-IX in about a week (still working on the Alliance stuff so I haven't completed X-XII). Interestingly, Lana is a bit more willing to make the first move in KOTFE: the only time I flirted with her (post SOR, which I completed months ago, before KOTFE) was at the start of Chapter VIII, because I felt the lightly sarcastic [Flirt] was a realistic response, and she pulls my character into a kiss. I was slightly surprised, because it seemed slightly out of character for her.

That would explain why I never encountered this bug on my Warrior I went through chapters I-IX in about a week (still working on the Alliance stuff so I haven't completed X-XII). Interestingly, Lana is a bit more willing to make the first move in KOTFE: the only time I flirted with her (post SOR, which I completed months ago, before KOTFE) was at the start of Chapter VIII, because I felt the lightly sarcastic [Flirt] was a realistic response, and she pulls my character into a kiss. I was slightly surprised, because it seemed slightly out of character for her.

My character that got the bug went through the chapters in about a week too but it just so happens a new chapter came out in the middle of that lol.

This character did the full SoR romance (though that doesn't change anything) and flirted with Lana in the first 5 chapters whenever she had a chance. In Ch. 8, I selected that [Flirt] option you're referencing but the kiss didn't happen for some reason. I thought it was b/c it depended on a previous romance flag being set but if you're saying you didn't ever flirt before that and it worked...well, that might be another bug then.

My character that got the bug went through the chapters in about a week too but it just so happens a new chapter came out in the middle of that lol.

This character did the full SoR romance (though that doesn't change anything) and flirted with Lana in the first 5 chapters whenever she had a chance. In Ch. 8, I selected that [Flirt] option you're referencing but the kiss didn't happen for some reason. I thought it was b/c it depended on a previous romance flag being set but if you're saying you didn't ever flirt before that and it worked...well, that might be another bug then.

Possibly a bug? I was really shocked that Lana did that, considering how I hadn't picked any flirt options in KOTFE, and in-universe time it had been like six years since my Warrior had flirted with Lana... and she ended up with Theron in SOR, too.

Wow..these are sad news I hear here!! So far, I have 6 chars which all ended the whole story so far, and so far everyone of them was able to romance Lana and get the kiss and the relationship option. But it looks like they did change something when I get it right??

Also what I find very disturbing and I did say this a few pages ago, is the fact, that you are in a relationship with Lana and you never ever have another flirt option or some quality alone time with her since you started the relationship. Not even a mention of it. No you get tons of flirt options that I am not interested in. It's just like the relationship never really existed. I just hope they will change that in the future!!

Also what I find very disturbing and I did say this a few pages ago, is the fact, that you are in a relationship with Lana and you never ever have another flirt option or some quality alone time with her since you started the relationship. Not even a mention of it. No you get tons of flirt options that I am not interested in. It's just like the relationship never really existed. I just hope they will change that in the future!!

Maybe they intended for the odesson's (?) cantina/ base to be like your ship - where you get to sit and talk to people from time to time, but it...fell to the side when they had to rush to make more chapters? (which is a huge assumption on my part mind - the 3 months wait for chapter 10 just seem to give credence to the idea that somewhat was not right with them....). I hope they do something to fix that, because imo they are losing alot by not just allowing us to talk to our LI, but also the other people we recruit (a force user forced to follow/ take orders from non force user (especially sith)...oh the sweet drama:) ).

...not very related to the topic, but speaking of LIs - is there any way to see who I am in romance with? (funny question, but I want to play my sin who haven't touched KotFE in a long time...)...

...not very related to the topic, but speaking of LIs - is there any way to see who I am in romance with? (funny question, but I want to play my sin who haven't touched KotFE in a long time...)...

For Koth, Lana, and Theron you can go to the Companions and Contacts screen (N) and look under their interactions tab to see if there's a line about starting a relationship with them.

For Koth, Lana, and Theron you can go to the Companions and Contacts screen (N) and look under their interactions tab to see if there's a line about starting a relationship with them.

Ofcourse I would miss something so obvious /sigh

Thank you for answering though:)

Speaking of these three hooligans, is Theron still bugged and won't take courting gifts from female toons?

Theron wont accept courting gifts from the people he dates but for some reason Bowdar will accept them lmao :D

Best romance ever, i can imagine the charming cross gender dialog, the wookie passion, the love scene.

"Raaaagggggggggr rrrrr rrrrraaawwwrrrg."

It truly is all about the wookie.

Edited by Aryalandi

For me it always seemed like Lana makes the first move. Even in SOR in the cantina scenes she gets all ,,touchy". Lana appears to be really flirty with the PC but also shy, so it didnt surprise me when she made the first move in KOTFE, even in chapter 5 when you say something like ,, you've been looking for me all that time?" She comes close to kiss you.

Best romance ever, i can imagine the charming cross gender dialog, the wookie passion, the love scene.

"Raaaagggggggggr rrrrr rrrrraaawwwrrrg."

It truly is all about the wookie.

My smuggler is a tiny BT1 guy, if Bowdaar gets amorous he's running for the hills lol!

• 1 month later...
hmm..another update and again not even a little time alone with my LI Lana. I start to think that this is a very very very very very far distant relationship!! And we get to see each other every 10 years!! I am really dissapointed with Bioware. I mean even if you have so save the Galaxy you can spend like 5 minutes with you LI...and it doesn't matter if it is Lana or Koth or Theron. :(

hmm..another update and again not even a little time alone with my LI Lana. I start to think that this is a very very very very very far distant relationship!! And we get to see each other every 10 years!! I am really dissapointed with Bioware. I mean even if you have so save the Galaxy you can spend like 5 minutes with you LI...and it doesn't matter if it is Lana or Koth or Theron. :(

I know right? Not even like a single line of concern from the LI when your character comes back from a dangerous situation? Their lover disappears into the woods without a trace for days and then miraculously reappears alive and none of them seem to care at all (the opposite of what their letter says). It's like "hey I'm alive!" and Theron is like "that's nice, now what's this about my mother?"

Edited by Nefla

I know right? Not even like a single line of concern from the LI when your character comes back from a dangerous situation? Their lover disappears into the woods without a trace for days and then miraculously reappears alive and none of them seem to care at all (the opposite of what their letter says). It's like "hey I'm alive!" and Theron is like "that's nice, now what's this about my mother?"

"She was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!" :p