Same gender romance discussion

CommunitySupport

Okay, sorry, I don't feel like reading through I don't know HOW many pages to get the info I want so I'm just gonna ask. Is Vette same-sex romanceable in KotFE? I haven't played since firebrand and I noticed my femquisitor could flirt with Kaliyo so I was thinking of bring my femWarrior into the story, but I'd like to get clarification first, so I don't just give Lana the could shoulder for nothing :p

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, sorry, I don't feel like reading through I don't know HOW many pages to get the info I want so I'm just gonna ask. Is Vette same-sex romanceable in KotFE? I haven't played since firebrand and I noticed my femquisitor could flirt with Kaliyo so I was thinking of bring my femWarrior into the story, but I'd like to get clarification first, so I don't just give Lana the could shoulder for nothing :p

I don't think so. I think if your Sith Warrior didn't romance her in 1-50, she's not romanceable in KOTFE, which necessarily means only males can romance her. My Sith Warrior is female and tries so hard to hover around Light 2 (but can't resist killing stupid people), but Vette was just kind of a sarcastic jerk to her. Maybe I picked the wrong dialogue option somewhere, but there wasn't anything that seemed even remotely flirty (even without the obvious [Flirt] tag).

Hell, the only emotional thing that happened with her is Vette was making fun of my Warrior, saying that for five years in carbonite she dreamed of Imperial armies conquering the galaxy. My warrior looked at the ground and responded with something along the lines of "such things are only dreams now," with a voice just filled with sadness, and all Vette did was awkwardly run from the reunion.

It's almost like Vette interacting with a Sith Warrior is bugged out if you didn't romance her, and she's flagged to treat you as if you're Dark V or something.

TL;DR - No such luck with SGR Vette. It's also possible that Bioware just made the choice that Vette happens to be straight.

Edited by Diviciacus

I don't think so. I think if your Sith Warrior didn't romance her in 1-50, she's not romanceable in KOTFE, which necessarily means only males can romance her. My Sith Warrior is female and tries so hard to hover around Light 2 (but can't resist killing stupid people), but Vette was just kind of a sarcastic jerk to her. Maybe I picked the wrong dialogue option somewhere, but there wasn't anything that seemed even remotely flirty (even without the obvious [Flirt] tag).

Hell, the only emotional thing that happened with her is Vette was making fun of my Warrior, saying that for five years in carbonite she dreamed of Imperial armies conquering the galaxy. My warrior looked at the ground and responded with something along the lines of "such things are only dreams now," with a voice just filled with sadness, and all Vette did was awkwardly run from the reunion.

It's almost like Vette interacting with a Sith Warrior is bugged out if you didn't romance her, and she's flagged to treat you as if you're Dark V or something.

TL;DR - No such luck with SGR Vette. It's also possible that Bioware just made the choice that Vette happens to be straight.

I feel like that's more of BioWare shoehorning your character into a default personality in KotFE rather than a glitch. Like when my 100% LS "pure" SW risked his life to save the sun generator, his autodialogue was "you can't strike terror into the masses if there are no masses" like *** that is so extremely OOC. BioWare just decided the only correct SW is the dark V as you said. Same thing to a lesser extent with my 100% LS, humble SI. He now apparently wants to rule the galaxy with an iron fist. This kind of thing makes me want to delete those characters and just headcanon that they died after Ziost. In the base 1-50 game we got to explain our reasoning by picking one of three dialogue options after almost every action choice, I wish they would reinstate that so this kind of OOC autodialogue crap doesn't happen.

I feel like that's more of BioWare shoehorning your character into a default personality in KotFE rather than a glitch. Like when my 100% LS "pure" SW risked his life to save the sun generator, his autodialogue was "you can't strike terror into the masses if there are no masses" like *** that is so extremely OOC. BioWare just decided the only correct SW is the dark V as you said. Same thing to a lesser extent with my 100% LS, humble SI. He now apparently wants to rule the galaxy with an iron fist. This kind of thing makes me want to delete those characters and just headcanon that they died after Ziost. In the base 1-50 game we got to explain our reasoning by picking one of three dialogue options after almost every action choice, I wish they would reinstate that so this kind of OOC autodialogue crap doesn't happen.

In Bioware's defense, the dialogue with Vette was an option I took. The wheel read "We've fallen so far." (Thank you, Overwolf video recording!) The actual response wasn't quite what I was expecting, but the bitter, melancholy delivery was perfect.

• 1 month later...
There's not a reason in the world that Dark Jaesa can't come back as a same gender possibility! It's been 5 years. Let's make this happen!

Resources and lack of return for that investment would be the reason they won't make any of the original companions retroactively romanceable by any gender or class they couldn't be romanced by in the base game :(

They could. They chose not to. That's supposed to be a feature for the character.

The only reason I made a male DS SW was for the dark side romance plot, thought it would be fun turning her to the dark side.... and that was 1 min of video and now shes a murderess... was so disappointing...

I always find it hilarious when people start going "WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" for PG-13 content. Have you ever met a thirteen year old? Trust me, they know what sex is, and they know gay people exist. And if they don't I'm sure they have parents who won't let them play this game anyway, because if they play a game with space magic the devil will claim their souls or something.

I know this is 200% old BUT I have to comment on this:

If someone was thinking about the "children" regarding PG-13 content, then they would realize it's against the TOS to let children play the game.

I know this is 200% old BUT I have to comment on this:

If someone was thinking about the "children" regarding PG-13 content, then they would realize it's against the TOS to let children play the game.

Well put. Plus most children are more accepting of gay people than their parents.

• 1 month later...

Still hoping we'll get more same-sex romance options in Eternal Throne now. Lana's nice and all, but I dislike how all my characters have her alone for romance.

Maybe we'll even someday see same-sex romance options prior to Makeb (if you're a queer Imperial man or Republic woman) or Shadow of Revan.

Still hoping we'll get more same-sex romance options in Eternal Throne now. Lana's nice and all, but I dislike how all my characters have her alone for romance.

Maybe we'll even someday see same-sex romance options prior to Makeb (if you're a queer Imperial man or Republic woman) or Shadow of Revan.

I doubt they would work same sex romance through all the game. Probably just the new content from now on.

• 2 months later...
Merry Christmas!

... And thanks Lana, but you're not Theron ;)

Yeah well....Theron line has been beeping as Busy !! You would think the guy would take a vacation in times like this .

On the others hand.....*whisper*...Some Ladies may have kidnapped him...

You didn't hear that from me! it was Kaliyo bringing in the gossip! :D she say , he is hanging in another thread with quiet an entourage ! lol :rolleyes:

Yeah well....Theron line has been beeping as Busy !! You would think the guy would take a vacation in times like this .

On the others hand.....*whisper*...Some Ladies may have kidnapped him...

You didn't hear that from me! it was Kaliyo bringing in the gossip! :D she say , he is hanging in another thread with quiet an entourage ! lol :rolleyes:

Or some guys. :o