Same gender romance discussion

CommunitySupport

I was against the same sex romance because of Star wars being family friendly and all but I am happy at least its toned down and not done in such a mundane political manner. The wording on the options it gives you is not pushy and I don't feel at this point it will push any of the younger players to make choices that go against their nature.

Curious question: Were you not oK with Luke and Leia kiissing in ESB, or is incest family friendly?

Edited by vadess

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same-sex romance has nothing to do with a game (or that romance) being kid-friendly or not. You could have Disney's Cinderella, change Cinderella to a man, keep everything else the same and it's kid friendly. It's not like there's explicit sexual scenes in SWtOR and if there were, straight scenes wouldn't be any more "kid-friendly" than gay/lesbian ones. Edited by Nefla

It wasn't direct incest really... They and the audience had no idea about them being related.

True... What about destruction of Alderaan, or Darth Vader killing the younglings? Those were on screen, and the audience had an idea what happened.

True... What about destruction of Alderaan, or Darth Vader killing the younglings? Those were on screen, and the audience had an idea what happened.

Definitely! You also have Han murdering Greedo in cold blood on screen, Obi-Wan chopping off a guy's arm on screen, pregnant Padme getting slapped around on screen, an innocent slave woman being eaten alive by a rancor, etc...Even in the supposed kids shows the Clone Wars and Rebels, you have a ton of violence, slavery, racism, and people getting killed. That stuff is sure a lot worse for kids to see than this: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/Bukubuku/bandicam%202015-07-16%2000-06-28-166_1.png

Edited by Nefla

Definitely! You also have Han murdering Greedo in cold blood on screen, Obi-Wan chopping off a guy's arm on screen, pregnant Padme getting slapped around on screen, an innocent slave woman being eaten alive by a rancor, etc...Even in the supposed kids shows the Clone Wars and Rebels, you have a ton of violence, slavery, racism, and people getting killed. That stuff is sure a lot worse for kids to see than this: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/Bukubuku/bandicam%202015-07-16%2000-06-28-166_1.png

Nefla, we'll be besties forever iff you tell me how you got that screenshot! And thanks for letting me put a face to some of the Agent x Theron Shan videos I've seen on youtube.

Nefla, we'll be besties forever iff you tell me how you got that screenshot! And thanks for letting me put a face to some of the Agent x Theron Shan videos I've seen on youtube.

That one was after Ziost (Republic side only) when you're back on the station, you have to flirt with him (the line ends up being "how about we pay a visit to the station cantina for old time's sake?") he says he'll take a rain check but could be persuaded another time and then kisses you.

I also have a Togruta one lol http://i.imgur.com/PUdiiBU.png

Sorry to disappoint but I'm not the one you're thinking of with the videos >.< I have uploaded a few SWtOR videos because my computer is running out of space to hold them (lol) but the Twi'lek in the picture is one of my Troopers and I haven't uploaded past Coruscant with him T_T

Edited by Nefla

Thought I'd support this by throwing in my screenie http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/CastilloRA/CasroAndTheron2.png

(Theron is so smooth he charmed my smuggler out of his jacket and had to give him one of his extras!) :p

I don't see any gender problems in romance line's, more then that, I do really like that, what game offer choise of lesbian and gay relationship. Same in ME, Dragon age and else. Do not need change it. (And yes, I'm bisexual) Edited by Cyberdeliah

Seeing all these screenshots I'm going like, "Daaaaaaaang, that Theron sure gets around!" :p

I've romanced him with a Consular, a Knight, two Agents, an Inquisitor and a Trooper (all male) so I still need to make a SW, BH, and Smuggler for him XD

For variety, here's some (bad quality) pictures of my male BT 1 Twi'lek smuggler and Koth. I accidentally messed up the video's resolution, so no good screenshots to be had yet. If there end up being more romance scenes in KotFE (and each chapter crushes my hopes a little more) I will take all the pictures :D

http://imgur.com/0RV0WYB

http://imgur.com/TSDCRBk

• 2 weeks later...
I've romanced him with a Consular, a Knight, two Agents, an Inquisitor and a Trooper (all male) so I still need to make a SW, BH, and Smuggler for him XD

For variety, here's some (bad quality) pictures of my male BT 1 Twi'lek smuggler and Koth. I accidentally messed up the video's resolution, so no good screenshots to be had yet. If there end up being more romance scenes in KotFE (and each chapter crushes my hopes a little more) I will take all the pictures :D

http://imgur.com/0RV0WYB

http://imgur.com/TSDCRBk

Those are awesome! Hopefully in future chapters we see more of our love interests

So I have to agree with above post. I also would like to see a full-fledged same-sex romance someday.

But I also have a question. Would like to know your oppinions. In KOTOR I started a relationship with Lana. That was chapter 9? Since then it wasn't even mentioned. Or did I miss something? you got several flirt options with Kylio and Theron and the wife from Valkorion. But that is it. I am a bit sad to be honest. I mean I started a relationship with her and than suddenly it is over? yes, I have to save the galaxy, and forming groups whatever!! But isn't there even 20 seconds time to have some time with my gal alone? That is unbelievable for me.

But I also have a question. Would like to know your oppinions. In KOTOR I started a relationship with Lana. That was chapter 9? Since then it wasn't even mentioned. Or did I miss something? you got several flirt options with Kylio and Theron and the wife from Valkorion. But that is it. I am a bit sad to be honest. I mean I started a relationship with her and than suddenly it is over? yes, I have to save the galaxy, and forming groups whatever!! But isn't there even 20 seconds time to have some time with my gal alone? That is unbelievable for me.

The only acknowledgment for a relationship with Lana during Chapters X, XI, and XII is an email she sends you after Chapter XII talking about how emotional she was when you disappeared. Nothing in the cutscenes yet.

The only acknowledgment for a relationship with Lana during Chapters X, XI, and XII is an email she sends you after Chapter XII talking about how emotional she was when you disappeared. Nothing in the cutscenes yet.

Same with Koth nothing after Chapter 9 except for the letter you get at the end of Chapter 12. As much as I adored their letters I would like a cut-scene part with Koth/Lana, some kind of LI interaction.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Forgive me for non SGR...discussion?..topic?...whatever, but imo they need more interaction with the companions in general. Maybe make them as part of a mini game that will waste people's time (compared to doing HC's over and over) like a fighting ring where you may choose to engage Lana or the others and that can lead to discussion about your/their performance etc...

...or ofcourse some other task, I am just repeating what I hoped to see in DAI:D

Same with Koth nothing after Chapter 9 except for the letter you get at the end of Chapter 12. As much as I adored their letters I would like a cut-scene part with Koth/Lana, some kind of LI interaction.

Yeah, as it stands Lana seems to care more about Gold Team than she does about the PC. Perhaps that'll change in future chapters. We haven't really spent much time with her in the narrative.

ceterum censeo blah blah blah I want Jaesa back and I want to smooch her

So....*look around*...anyone think BW gonna troll us ? aka make previous companions like Kaliyo...we get ''Flirt'' just to be shot down at end of chapter ? :rod_tongue_p:

... All I ask is no trolling when Vector comes back.

(Or there can be because Crim will still want Theron at the end of the day).