Clickers.

TwitchingFiber

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro MMORPG player tip. Keybinds limit many to so many toons because bloody frustrating remembering keybinds for 10+ toons....

That's not a limit, that's an excuse. Here's an actual pro tip: bind similar abilities to the same button across all classes. If your juggernaut has interrupt bound to mouse wheel down then why would you bind it to something else on your sniper? This frustration is not the result of keybinds but your failure to organize them sensibly.

Edited by byteresistor

That's not a limit, that's an excuse. Here's an actual pro tip: bind similar abilities to the same button across all classes. If your juggernaut has interrupt bound to mouse wheel down then why would you bind it to something else on your sniper? This frustration is not the result of keybinds but your failure to organize them sensibly.

100% agree, it's always the bads complaining the most

If you need to keybind to be good in this game, you are bad:D

i know a ops group that most are clickers and they clear ALL contend in game( EC NIM)

and most of the hardcore keybinders didnt reach that mark yet, and they rock in RWZ

keybind makes the game easy!!, so that means a keybinder have less skill that a clicker that can do the exact the same things?

having to pay attention to ALL that happen in a fight and having "time" to look and click on the abilities, sorry clickers are better(skill) players

that aside, the important thing in game is to each player to carry is own weight and dont drag down the group.

dont carry is the player A or B is a clicker or a keybinder, is they do their job, is fine

Now if you a talking about bad clicker, i can talk about bad keybinders

Edit, that ops groups have mox parses of fights and they do equal or better that parse on the net of keybinder players that hit hight numbers on DPS or heals

(sorry about my English)

there's no problem or very limited problem actually, because if there are SO MANY clickers, then the game goes between clickers with all its consequences.. and those occasional keybinders are outnumbered.

So, what's the problem?

Edited by Przemo_No
typo

What a genius idea!!!

A Jugg tank and a Sorc healer have so many similar abilities!

:rolleyes:

I could put up a wall of text here explaining how to law this out because...you've guessed it.... I have a tank and sorc healer, but ill give you a hint: I have one layout for healers and one for dps!!!! Oh and alot of attacks are the same keys that make sense in my little brain. Now go cry elsewhere.

Edited by Sleprock

Can you click and do ok? Yes. But keybinding is just hands down better, you are not looking at your quickbars and are not keyboard turning. You have better awareness with keybinds. I started out clicking, was ok and then I got a naga and within two weeks my performance was undeniably better and I am a better player because of it.

Correction: Keybinding is better for YOU. Just because you're uncomfortable with clicking doesn't make it ineffective.

1. You talk about not looking at your quickbars... how do you keep track of the cooldown of your abilities without looking at your quickbars? Everyone looks at their quickbars, binders and clickers alike.

2. Clicking IS NOT the same as keyboard turning. Why can't people understand that. I remap mine to strafe left and strafe right, and turn with my mouse.

3. Awareness of your surroundings is important, however scrolling out and increasing your field of view works really well in keeping track of what's going on around you. I play with triple monitors at 5760x1080 resolution. I see everything that's going on around me, and can often spot opponents long before they see me.

You probably don't even suspect of half the clickers you fight that they are actually clickers. lol

Ya know, there are always exceptions to the rule and you were just the first "exception" to argue this. Whatever, I before E except after C....

Edited by Sleprock

You can spot them a mile away if you're a seasoned MMO player, esp. if they're playing a melee class.

Ditto, I jugg tank in my guild, so i see alot of people wanting to hurt my little healer buddy, hence why i said you can spot them clickers. Plus, if i clicked i dunno how and the heck i would ever tank and beat on ppl constantly looking at that quickbar. It's almost unthinkable to me. High level ppl would be out of the question.

If you need to keybind to be good in this game, you are bad:D

i know a ops group that most are clickers and they clear ALL contend in game( EC NIM)

and most of the hardcore keybinders didnt reach that mark yet, and they rock in RWZ

keybind makes the game easy!!, so that means a keybinder have less skill that a clicker that can do the exact the same things?

having to pay attention to ALL that happen in a fight and having "time" to look and click on the abilities, sorry clickers are better(skill) players

that aside, the important thing in game is to each player to carry is own weight and dont drag down the group.

dont carry is the player A or B is a clicker or a keybinder, is they do their job, is fine

Now if you a talking about bad clicker, i can talk about bad keybinders

Edit, that ops groups have mox parses of fights and they do equal or better that parse on the net of keybinder players that hit hight numbers on DPS or heals

(sorry about my English)

I'd like to thank you...

Your post made me laugh so hard I literally fell out of my chair, I haven't had a laugh that good in days and days. Hee, clickers have more skill than keybinders.

Exhibit A of why when you pug for WZ, half your team has all the hitting power of a small kitten, but only half the cuteness.

A keybinder will beat a clicker to the draw on the 1st ability use most of the time.

But with the GCD and the option to que up attacks any perceived speed advantage could be rendered moot after the 1st attack.

At least in theory... :p

Edited by foxxecho

1. You talk about not looking at your quickbars... how do you keep track of the cooldown of your abilities without looking at your quickbars? Everyone looks at their quickbars, binders and clickers alike.

Binders don't have to do it as often (which is all the time for a clicker) because there are abilities which do not have a cd.

2. Clicking IS NOT the same as keyboard turning. Why can't people understand that. I remap mine to strafe left and strafe right, and turn with my mouse.

You can't turn with the mouse to your preferred direction while you're moving the cursor between abilities. If you clicked an ability and your next desired ability to use is to the left of it you are also forced to turn left if you apply your tactic, you can't go right and at the same time move the cursor to the left, so your free movement is limited to strafing. Binding does not have such a limit however insignificant you may think this limit is. No limits is still better than almost no limits.

Edited by byteresistor

I'd like to thank you...

Your post made me laugh so hard I literally fell out of my chair, I haven't had a laugh that good in days and days. Hee, clickers have more skill than keybinders.

Exhibit A of why when you pug for WZ, half your team has all the hitting power of a small kitten, but only half the cuteness.

I laughed at this one too.

Plus, if i clicked i dunno how and the heck i would ever tank and beat on ppl constantly looking at that quickbar. It's almost unthinkable to me.

If you were to look at your quickbar when clicking, it would just be because you're not used to do it as you're not sure of where your cursor is.

People who aren't used to tap keys when fighting, will look at their keyborad because they wan't to be sure to tap the right key.

If you were to look at your quickbar when clicking, it would just be because you're not used to do it as you're not sure of where your cursor is.

People who aren't used to tap keys when fighting, will look at their keyborad because they wan't to be sure to tap the right key.

This makes no sense. I don't look at my keyboard. Move along.

edit: Read this, you may understand lol......-

byteresistor wrote this:

You can't turn with the mouse to your preferred direction while you're moving the cursor between abilities. If you clicked an ability and your next desired ability to use is to the left of it you are also forced to turn left if you apply your tactic, you can't go right and at the same time move the cursor to the left, so your free movement is limited to strafing. Binding does not have such a limit however insignificant you may think this limit is. No limits is still better than almost no limits.

Edited by Sleprock

Pro Tip: Hybridize the two systems. Cooldowns are long enough to easily reach the right side of your screen for the more uncommon abilities anyway. Those who only keybind limit themselves to maybe a third of all the abilities they have available, which isn't exactly useful for your performance either.

i use a razor naga and have every skill key bound and know them by heart.

i am not limited at all.

Pro Tip: Hybridize the two systems. Cooldowns are long enough to easily reach the right side of your screen for the more uncommon abilities anyway. Those who only keybind limit themselves to maybe a third of all the abilities they have available, which isn't exactly useful for your performance either.

This I'd what I do kind of. I have a key bind system that allows me to mostly use two full bars without having to move my hands if at all from wasd. I still use them for some movement because with the right mouse button a and d allows me to strafe also. So the key bound strafes are used for UI bars. And then things like my speeder and buffs get left on tertiary UI's for being clicked. That kind of hybridized system works well for me, may for others too but you won't know unless you try it.

Binders don't have to do it as often (which is all the time for a clicker) because there are abilities which do not have a cd.

Very wrong assumption.

If a keybinder has the mental dispostions to use abilities without looking at anything else than the action just because he knows what he's doing with his fingers, so the clicker has it too because he has the ability to know what he's doing with his wrist.

If you assume that a clicker can't make use of the mouse without looking at the bottom of the screen, so you have to assume that a keybinder can't use the keyboard without looking at his keys and fingers which would be even worse because he won't ever have the action in the side of his vision. You're a keybinder, so you know that this last assumption is false and so yours was false too.

Edited by Altheran

I have one layout for healers and one for dps!!!! Oh and alot of attacks are the same keys that make sense in my little brain. Now go cry elsewhere.

This is exactly the point. You need two DIFFERENT layouts for your characters. Some abilities are similar ("an opener") but it's a stretch to say you don't need different layouts, as some people claimed here. You do need different layouts, and you do need to remember them by heart with keybinding. While clicking provides visual clues.

I play six characters, most with dual specs (heals/dps or tank/dps), so this is too much to remember. I do bind common things, like interrupts and taunts.