Clickers.

TwitchingFiber

I have clicked this and I have clicked that... And I will keep on clicking things.

...Now, let me click again. There! Just clicked! What are you going to do about it with 1,5 second default CD on everything, keyboardian?

Edited by Beansoup

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should tell that to doctors. Don't give advice to other people on how to get better. Just worry about yourself.

Your comparison between a video game and a doctor shows your maturity level and possibly your age.

Edited by Dropadeuce

Your comparison between a video game and a doctor shows your maturity level and possibly your age.

Because this is just a game and does not matter if people get advice on how to get better?

Using the maturity level speech shows more about your age. Especially when you have not given your comment any thought at all.

Because this is just a game and does not matter if people get advice on how to get better?

Using the maturity level speech shows more about your age. Especially when you have not given your comment any thought at all.

Your reply was difficult to read. Happy key binding. I'll continue clicking.

Edited by Dropadeuce

Your reply was difficult to read. Happy key binding. I'll continue clicking.

I've never understood this mentality. Keybinding/mouse-turning is demonstratively more efficient and more effective, yet people like you refuse to consider it because it's a little outside your comfort zone. Do you have no desire for self improvement whatsoever?

Clickers,

You are welcome here. I don't care how you do the job as long as you get it done. In my experience, there are many of you that are doing just that. So... keep doing on what your are doing and forget these shenanigans.

I prefer keybinds but, I know some guildy healers that are great PvPers and clearing NiM content by happily clicking away.

I've never understood this mentality. Keybinding/mouse-turning is demonstratively more efficient and more effective, yet people like you refuse to consider it because it's a little outside your comfort zone. Do you have no desire for self improvement whatsoever?

Might be that they have limited time to play the game, so getting "used" to the keybinds would take many weeks? I can remember the time when I first started keybinding, it was pretty far from fun. Constantly hitting the wrong buttons and not being able to do warzones/flashpoints, because you'd screw them up totally (since you have troubles in killing even one mob without dying, or at least I did at the start). But I play quite a lot, so I got used to it in a week or so. If someone can't play as much as I do, I understand why they may think keybinding isn't "worth the effort".

Or maybe they feel they achieve great enough results with clicking?

I'm not sure I understand the advantage of "mouse movement" in PvP as described in the OP. Because if you are holding down both mouse buttons to move forward, and using your strafe key, how are you going to "click" your abilities without stopping? Not sure I'm getting it.

The way I do it is hold "W+D \ A" to "circle" the target and hold "right mouse" to keep camera facing where I need to be facing. Make sense? I can click AND keybind at the same time.

Anyway. For PvE or PvP, in my experience, keybinding your key abilities is far superior. The only things I "click" are cooldowns and other things that are "situational." :-/

Edited by Eitetsu

I'm not sure I understand the advantage of "mouse movement" in PvP as described in the OP. Because if you are holding down both mouse buttons to move forward, and using your strafe key, how are you going to "click" your abilities without stopping? Not sure I'm getting it.

The way I do it is hold "W+D \ A" to "circle" the target and hold "right mouse" to keep camera facing where I need to be facing. Make sense? I can click AND keybind at the same time.

Anyway. For PvE or PvP, in my experience, keybinding your key abilities is far superior. The only things I "click" are cooldowns and other things that are "situational." :-/

you are missing the whole point.

you never "click" your abilities, your mouse left/right is held down for your movement, along with the two strafe buttons.

You now press buttons 1-7, and all the letters near your chosen movement keys to your abilities and fire them off by button press only.

you can still "click" a few buttons if you move your hotbars close to your character on screen and release the mouse buttons and hit your auto run for a second if you wish.

As a former clicker from years back to now being a fully keybound pvp player, I can tell you first hand the difference is staggering. old me wouldnt last 3 globals vs new me.

• 1 month later...
I'm actually a hybrid clicker/keybinder and that works great for me. Mouse turning is better in PvP. in PvE it makes no real difference because your target is just going to stand there for the most part and fight you. It's in PvP the problem comes up being a clicker because you can't turn as fast. end of story. You simply can't and when your target is running around like he/she is on drugs, it's hard to keep up. (though i enjoy watching two mouse turners fight because they never seem to get a hit off). the abilities that are timed or i need to get to them fast are keybinded. the ones that are meh, but i use them a lot, i'll click. my starting abilities are also keybinded. the biggest problem is when you loss your mouse. which happens often. there are my two cents. if you're set up your UI in a way that encourages clicking (because you can change the UI around for everyone complaining about it's a bad one). And there are ways to get around mouse turners. just do what you gotta do to get the job done. it's a game. it's suppose to be fun.