love the game, disappointed in the CE

Peccavi

so the store, yea really? the dancer last like 15 seconds.

i expected more from it not sure what but it felt lacking. the statue is great. you get some armor and some looks changes for your companions but not all of them? whats the deal guys. at least, just really disappointed.

so the store, yea really? the dancer last like 15 seconds.

i expected more from it not sure what but it felt lacking. the statue is great. you get some armor and some looks changes for your companions but not all of them? whats the deal guys. at least, just really disappointed.

To echo this.

The game is excellent. I loved it in Beta, I loved it in EA, loving it live.

The CE in-game store is a disappointment. I'm not expecting the world, but a single social set is under-welming. Those people who bought the CE specifically for the in-game store must be extremely disappointed.

That said, they did say it would be maintained and new items released, so let's hope they're committed to that.

Edited by Parthis

Sorry to hear your dancer takes quarters :D

I do believe they listed what you'd get. But you have to admit, the big pretty box is a lot better than a standard edition. My game case looks like it was put together in a back alley somewhere. Only thing inside it was install instructions, the game dvds, and game code.

In game items aside, you also got a lot of other swag in the box. That's what cost the extra money, not the in game digital pixels.

While some people could careless about the extra "hard" stuff in the box, lots do, and that's what they paid for. The Gentle Giant statue alone is what made the CE 150$.

For those not in the know, Gentle Giant statues sell for a grip of cash and are highly sought after.

Seeing as the CE was very limited, I'd bet the farm you get 150$ alone for that statue.

The 15 second Holodancer on a 60 second cooldown was also rather disappointing. They could have just set it to run for the full 60 seconds in my opinion. :(

The training drone was also not as advertised. Initially they said it to behave like an additional pet that would 'assist' you in combat; not something you have to summon onto an enemy and it simply hovers around it for 30 seconds. I would have loved to have a remote like Bao-Dur (and it could shoot enemies, but just for visual effects; not actual damage).

Also, the CE store is very underwhelming with only 1 set of social gear, 2 customizations and a pet. I really hope that more will be added along the way as this is nowhere near what the devs said it would contain (ie. Custom skinned versions of items that other people would be able to find in the game; so added diversity but no benefits in terms of stats).

The Security Authenticator vendor on the other hand has a ton of stuff available, making the CE Vendor (which for a lot of people was a big selling point) very below-average to me.

What is with the 'in-game' camera... seems to zoom into first person and hide the UI for you to "Screenshot".. but I don't know where it's saving them (not in /program files/swtor OR in /data/local) /shrug

This...

Where the heck do they go???? :)

I saw the CE disappointment coming. I was going to give it a second chance, but after hearing a friend brag that his DE let him in the VIP store, I cancelled my CE order from Gamestop.

After cancelling my $160 (with tax) pre-order, I bought the DE, a security key, and 2 months of game time. I still have $30 left. My only regret is that I didn't buy the regular edition. Most of the exclusive items went straight into my cargo hold.

I agree with the majority of complaints against the exclusive items --dancer timer needs to be extended, training droid should be a pet, and speeder should scale with your level.

I do believe they listed what you'd get. But you have to admit, the big pretty box is a lot better than a standard edition. My game case looks like it was put together in a back alley somewhere. Only thing inside it was install instructions, the game dvds, and game code.

Except they promised more in the store than what we have been given. It's laughable when the VIP store has more items associated with it than the CE vendor. Not to mention the fact that it is so obviously half-*****ed. The Empire side has more available than the Republic side by far and they included 2 companion customizations? Not two for each companion but two total? Lol. Which would all be okay, to some degree, if BW hadn't already promised more.

To renege on what you've offered to the people that paid the most is a great way to encourage those with cash to stick around :rolleyes:

As for me, I would be happy with a monocle or some sunglasses lol. =)

What is with the 'in-game' camera... seems to zoom into first person and hide the UI for you to "Screenshot".. but I don't know where it's saving them (not in /program files/swtor OR in /data/local) /shrug

It saves the screen shots in a folder in your My Documents folder. Called Star Wars - The Old Republic/ screenshots.

If you are having problems with the screens showing up black, then you'll need to go to your preferences (esc) and change your screen from Full Screen to Full Screen Windowed Mode, from the drop down menu.

In game items aside, you also got a lot of other swag in the box. That's what cost the extra money, not the in game digital pixels.

While some people could careless about the extra "hard" stuff in the box, lots do, and that's what they paid for. The Gentle Giant statue alone is what made the CE 150$.

For those not in the know, Gentle Giant statues sell for a grip of cash and are highly sought after.

Seeing as the CE was very limited, I'd bet the farm you get 150$ alone for that statue.

I actually bought it for the statue alone. I have been playing video games a very long time (late 70s if you include me playing Star Trek on my uncles computer), and I don't have one game related piece of nerd-dom to show off.

With that said, the in-game items are probably the worst of any pre-order I have ever received. I don't carry any of the items with me.

This...

Where the heck do they go???? :)

your my documents under Old Republic folder.

I'm also kinda disapointed on the lack lusted of the Items...

the Training droid, i'd expect to be a non-combat pet. something that shows "Hey look, i'm cool i got my own droid" instead of some lame thing that i'm NEVER going to use and will just take up bank space.

Holo-Dancer is what i except, if not a little underwhelming with a 15 sec display, i'd hope for 30secs-1min. being able to keep it up on CD would make it really cool, Or have it up until you walk x meters from it.

Flare Gun - It's what i'd expect, a "firework" like effect.

STAR - saves you 8,000 credits at level 25. (you can buy an upgraded ride for 1.5mil in VIP)

VIP - Little RP hang out, nothing amazing about it, but no real complaints. I see it as an "Extra" not like the other items i payed for.

I think that if the Training droid was a Pet, it would make the extra $20 feel more worth it. as it is now I really don't feel like they have the value.

Please Bio Give us the non-Combat Pet.

I saw the CE disappointment coming. I was going to give it a second chance, but after hearing a friend brag that his DE let him in the VIP store, I cancelled my CE order from Gamestop.

After cancelling my $160 (with tax) pre-order, I bought the DE, a security key, and 2 months of game time. I still have $30 left. My only regret is that I didn't buy the regular edition. Most of the exclusive items went straight into my cargo hold.

I agree with the majority of complaints against the exclusive items --dancer timer needs to be extended, training droid should be a pet, and speeder should scale with your level.

You do realise that the vip store is not the CE store right?

If you bought the DDE, you hsve access to the vip store and if you bought the CE you have access to both the VIP store and the CE store.

Why on earth would you spend 150.00's on an in game store you already knew wouldn't have any game breaking items? Come on now.

Bioware should not be blamed for people's lack of common sense.

i wasnt expecting game breaking but i surely was expecting more than that for 150$

The only thing the CE had that the DDE didn't that I was interested in was the soundtrack, which wasn't worth the $70-$90 extra (depending on whether you're looking at it from the SE or DDE perspective)

That being said, I didn't wanna deal with Origin either. I pre-ordered SE but saw those 5 in-game items as being mildly interesting enough for $20. Half my republic characters are twi'lek, and from what I've seen the holo-dancer does the /clubdance animation, and at least my characters are in color. :p

Since that wristband is supposed to be a part of DDE, and I had been joking that if I ever saved up 1 mil credits that I'd use the access to jump off (if it lets you), so the upgrade option offered with the physical SE was perfect for me.

Ultimately though, if you bought the CE, you can look at it however you want; but you paid the extra $90 for the in-game AND physical items, not just whatever item(s) you wanted the most.