Reason Smash/Sweep will not be nerfed

HELLCAMAWALKN

Its funny to hear that there are acutually people that call focus Maras not OP.

Yeah talk about a 6-7k smash Aoe on a 11-12 sec (i guess it was 12 secs) cd instant with more damage then every other class with the most powerful "casted Skill* maybe expect railshots,, while we Glasscannon Sorcs have a 3k Crit on 15 sec cd with almost no defesive skills and light armour and no burst.

Sry to say but on a sorc view of things you smasher guys are just Overpowered. But well flame about our "Stun Bubble" (i understand the stunbubble flames even as a sorc i think that skill is also pretty much broken)

Its getting neverd so the Usefullness of a Sorc in rankeds is pretty much over.

And a dmg sorc like me with his "removeable dots" who dont even deal some good damage and tick way to long for putting some Pressure on some enemies gets his *only* Skill thats usefull in a Ranked Removed.

Btw a dmg sorc cant even stand long enought aganist 1 smasher to cast crushing darkness 2 times.

But what am i talking about sorcs. The Troublesome and Opness from a Mara Rage skilled player is the this class has way to good Survivability Skills considering the Dmg they do. and even when Smash is on cd i get some nice 2k crits in my face every second almost.

I dont care if smash is getting nerved or not.

But give some DD's like Merc/Sorcs something usefull to keep up with classes like PT and Mara/jugg.

It cant be that Meeles can walk around and deal 7k hits while mercs and sorcs are just on a "0" dmg mark while we have to kite. Did you get the joke with kite? We cant even kite a meele for more then 6 seconds....

Sry for wall of text and some Offtopic thoughts.

Greets

Edited by Cryty

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always see packs of sorcs, mercs and snipers, together with healers, on mid NC and CW, and near doors VS :o

Haven't you heard? Apparently ranged stacking together and rotating knockbacks is the true counter to smash! (the sad part is a derp smasher actually tried to make that argument).

"they can jump into a crowd and bomb them all for 6-7k"

Well lets see... between tanks, people with a skilled AOE reduction (Example: A carnage Mara) or people already popping cooldowns because they are already engaged in a fight... that just dont happen nearly as often as people think.

4-5 smashers in beginning of void star. First jumps breaks bubble stuns, the rest 3 follow. Result: weak armors dead the rest dispatched/blade stormed. Conclusion: burst laughing on voip channel. The only one that might survive from the dps a bit longer is the sent/mara. Ironic that the smasher class has the smash protection skill. 30% reduction is always taken by both carnage and smashers. Watchman prefer it too nowadays for obvious reasons.

4-5 smashers in beginning of void star. First jumps breaks bubble stuns, the rest 3 follow. Result: weak armors dead the rest dispatched/blade stormed. Conclusion: burst laughing on voip channel. The only one that might survive from the dps a bit longer is the sent/mara. Ironic that the smasher class has the smash protection skill. 30% reduction is always taken by both carnage and smashers. Watchman prefer it too nowadays for obvious reasons.

I have 7 50s at valor 70-95 and I have never seen this in a WZ. Maybe your server needs a nerf?

When we get the new level cap Bioware will be changeing skill trees as well, I am sure that all of you that complain will have a new complaint about something else that makes you suck at PVP. So if you read this please chill out and wait for the expansion.

Food for thought.... a hybrid spec shadow and alot of other build/classes can put up alot higher damage numbers than focus spec guardians and juggs. You can balance the classes but you cant balance the people playing them

You clearly don't understand the issue with smash jugs and reading your sig I'm assuming you have one and enjoy playing it.

Just think of it though like if a merc could death from above every 12 secs and have it inasta cast. See the issue?

They need to make smash hit one target with additional stacks or need to move some of the damage around the rest of the build.

Lol. Probably. Although there is prior consensus and agreement sometimes between teams that we don't play bubble stun and smash.

I would hope so. It would be sooooooo annoying to see people running the "smash train" over and over. The more I see the complaints about smash the more I'm starting to think it's a server to server thing.

The Bastion doesn't seem to have these problems. People don't seem to FOTM that much.

I would hope so. It would be sooooooo annoying to see people running the "smash train" over and over. The more I see the complaints about smash the more I'm starting to think it's a server to server thing.

The Bastion doesn't seem to have these problems. People don't seem to FOTM that much.

Shadowlands mornings is nothing but smash, I see maybe one other sorc running, and always some poor Merc tha tjust gets focused and beat down. I always whisper to him not to stand so close, I am trying not to be noticed.

All they need to do for smash spec is to rework singularity / shockwave stacks to apply to bladestorm / force scream.

This will ensure that they need to stack some crit to get the most out of their singularity stacks. It would also make the ability single target instead of aoe. If the above changes were made then it wouldnt matter if smash had a auto crit proc on leap. The only other small change needed for this to work is to move singularity stacks to tier 5 of the tree so sentinals cant hybrid it with combat spec.

Although i think its irritating especially when you get a melee based team in 50 pvp pugging, the idea that it's the most broken thing in mmo's is ridiculous, some of you clearly never played when adrenals and relics could be popped at the same time early into release and scrappers could stack the berserker and drop you in a shoot first stun. Or the massive gap between centurion and battle master with the rng bags. All this moaning is annoying it will get fixed.

P.S Give me my aoe damage redcution in vigilance.

Although i think its irritating especially when you get a melee based team in 50 pvp pugging, the idea that it's the most broken thing in mmo's is ridiculous, some of you clearly never played when adrenals and relics could be popped at the same time early into release and scrappers could stack the berserker and drop you in a shoot first stun. Or the massive gap between centurion and battle master with the rng bags. All this moaning is annoying it will get fixed.

P.S Give me my aoe damage redcution in vigilance.

About effing time it would be, it's ridiculous that we have no speed boost nor an AoE damage reduction.

Simple as this. In a ranked environment you can simply destroy classes by stacking smash players (3-4) and assisting one focus target - usually a class with a pull. You can kill players under focus fire this way very quickly (instagib in some cases). This is why many ranked teams stack this class.

In the hands of an average player its pretty potent, one on its own is not that big of deal, but when very good players and competent teams stack this class and coordinate and assist target they can instagib people under focus fire - no cc required. Try playing a balance sage without bubble stun against teams like that. You can't basically so you are pigeonholed into crap dps and a bubble stun, which the same classes claim is spoiling their "fun" and that bubble stun should be nerfed. The counter to bubble stun is range. not smashers, and the counter to smashers is bubble stun.

This is the problem, and the only real counter to getting instagibbed is bubble stun, which will get nerfed (and should be). So therefore smash should be given the same treatment for the good of the game.

People can deny this as much as they like, but they either have never faced a competent smash team, are struggling to use the class (not sure how personally), or are just afraid to face the reality.

Edited by PloGreen