Can we kill Skadge in expansion please

chouston

I hate that guy. My BH story lost it's flavor with him. I would love to go to Belsavis and have the option of having him pushed off a cliff(accidently of course). I have not even talked to him since he came on my ship. He still has that glowing triangle over his head. If I do go to F2P, This may be the reason I give up my BH. Still have to see what happens with a few other class storylines. At least with my Smuggler I got to leave a scumbag on the planet instead of having him tag along. :rak_01:

I hate that guy. My BH story lost it's flavor with him. I would love to go to Belsavis and have the option of having him pushed off a cliff(accidently of course). I have not even talked to him since he came on my ship. He still has that glowing triangle over his head. If I do go to F2P, This may be the reason I give up my BH. Still have to see what happens with a few other class storylines. At least with my Smuggler I got to leave a scumbag on the planet instead of having him tag along. :rak_01:

Just obtained Skadge today and I agree! In fact, all three options when you take him are the SUCK! It was sad!

Goes back to me saying "This isn't a storyline based mmo." "this is a mmo with more than one catch all storyline and that doesn't make it a storyline based mmo"

Edit: Though I still love my BH ^_^ I just hated the options, they all felt forced, and for being my storyline, this is just along line of "how is it mine? Its everyones."

Edited by SithKoriandr

Not limited to Skadge - I didn't want him on my ship but there he is anyway. The problem is the linear and unchanging nature of the game story. The story needs to let you decide who to invite on to the ship. It would be really cool if you could select your 5 companions from a pool of people that you meet along the way. Would make sense to have a limit on the number but allow you to select who. I see no reason for this other than it would have been extra work to do 6-7 companions worth of voice and missions per class. Of course if they'd given the choice they could have overlapped some companions to multiple classes..

Not happening unfortunately. During beta and earlier stages of the game's life, it was actually possible to kill companions. However, since people are dumb and do not understand such a decision is permenent, it got taken out of the game in order to prevent said dummies crying about a decision they themselves made.

Not happening unfortunately. During beta and earlier stages of the game's life, it was actually possible to kill companions. However, since people are dumb and do not understand such a decision is permenent, it got taken out of the game in order to prevent said dummies crying about a decision they themselves made.

Yeah I've heard that too. Makes me sad.

One the other hand it makes sense. I probably would have killed Quinn, but then been mad later on because of:

A. Loosing him for crew skills

B. Loosing my healer comp which I actually use alot.

It would be nice if you could respec your comps, if you could do this killing off one wouldn't be as big of deal. For example kill of Quinn then make Vette a healer. Also with HK-51 loosing a crew skill options isn't as big of deal since you can have 7 comps but only do 5 at a time in endgame anyway.

This kind of situation with some especially loathsome companions is actually keeping me from enjoying many storylines. Haven't got that far with the BH (just got to Tatooine), but... Sith Warrior... Quinn... gawd. What's worse is he's the healer. So frustrating. :w_mad: Edited by Khyle

He's been here since I got my ship, he's an annoying greeter. But I found my ships droid is my most loyal comrade. He lets me murder thousands and never cares why. Oh, how I love him, my rusty friend.

At the end of my murderous rampaging day, he never Judges me. He worships me, unlike like the rest of the losers that I picked up, I can trust him to heal better then Talos. And his love of martial arts when he clearly has a weapon slot makes my day.

He will carry out my orders to freeze my dying body in Carbonite. And long from now when and all the rest are long dead, he will activate and find a place to clone me, so we can continue are murderous rampage together.

Oh how I love my ship Driod.

By Darth Nox

Most of the time, you aren't forced to take them out with you. And after you get them and they stop showing "guest" you aren't forced to take them with you as you can just send them on Crew Missions.

Meaning, if you don't want to use Skadge in the open, you aren't forced to. You can always send him out on Crew Skill Missions.

Edited by Altyrell

Not limited to Skadge - I didn't want him on my ship but there he is anyway. The problem is the linear and unchanging nature of the game story. The story needs to let you decide who to invite on to the ship. It would be really cool if you could select your 5 companions from a pool of people that you meet along the way. Would make sense to have a limit on the number but allow you to select who. I see no reason for this other than it would have been extra work to do 6-7 companions worth of voice and missions per class. Of course if they'd given the choice they could have overlapped some companions to multiple classes..

yes i agree here, me for example would rather have Khem Val in stead of Broonmark any time, or Xalek/Ashara Zavros in stead of Lt.Pierce on my SW story.

• 1 month later...

I have a solution for that. A message could pop up telling you it was permanent, and give you the option to go ahead with it or cancel. The "dummies" would think twice when they saw a message pop up.

I have a solution for that. A message could pop up telling you it was permanent, and give you the option to go ahead with it or cancel. The "dummies" would think twice when they saw a message pop up.

You mean sort of like how AC choice is permanent yet we still have people asking to switch AC and complaining that they can't?

You mean sort of like how AC choice is permanent yet we still have people asking to switch AC and complaining that they can't?

AC and killing companions are hardly the same thing. Players don't really know what their AC will be like. Players have already met their companions, and can decide whether they want them or not. Plus everyone has 2 companions for Tank and DPS. Healer? Well, you get Quinn on Balmorra. He betrays you just before Corellia. You already know what he's like and can decide whether you want him or not. Plus there's always the ship droid.

Edited by AgentJacen

AC and killing companions are hardly the same thing. Players don't really know what their AC will be like. Players have already met their companions, and can decide whether they want them or not. Plus everyone has 2 companions for Tank and DPS. Healer? Well, you get Quinn on Balmorra. He betrays you just before Corellia. You already know what he's like and can decide whether you want him or not. Plus there's always the ship droid.
Not to mention that with a suitable replacement it wouldn't create an issue. If you lost quinn but got random generic imperial medic or a med droid to replace him, at least you still have full companions.

On Skadge, though...

I was with the "let me kill him" camp until I saw his full storyline. The guy has connections to Black Sun and pretty much tells you "If you ever need anything, Black Sun's got your back". The real problem is his introduction to the crew. It'd be one thing if he grudgingly owed you one because of the events on Belsavis. Or maybe if you got to pound him into submission to get him to respect you (the way cronies get their asses kicked by their bosses). That would have been much better received than "if you don't let me on I'll kill you all!", because if I had any say in the matter my BH would pull out her blaster and shoot Skadge between the eyes, then give him the swiss cheese treatment until her blaster breaks, ask Mako for hers and then continue shooting at him.

BW's issue in characters like Skadge is they wanted to add the character that doesn't play well with others, kinda like what Lord Scourge is to the JK story. it just kinda went over the top.

Edited by Estriga

Kill Skadge ? Not until the "Malavai Quinn issue" has been solved. This guy is on the top of the priority list.
They really should have taken the Zevran approach with Quinn. Basically, the quinncident happens if you did not have him at a certain level of affection by a certain point in the story, but it doesn't happen if you got a certain level of affection by a certain point in the story.

Maybe have him tell you the plans of those who wanted to act against you, but him saying that he trusts you more and that is why he wants to help you stop them or something. This would also play well into the fact that some people have started relationships with Quinn only to get the incident. Kinda tears that story apart.

Every class has at least one companion I don't like, but the Bounty Hunter has by far the worst companions in my opinion. I can't help thinking that linking companions to class stories was a mistake. It's one of the many things which makes this game feel far too linear. A much better option would have been to have the companions show up in the planet story lines. That way they could have given plays far more control over who they recruited.