Berronaxftw

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be great.

But having it as a CC unlock?

Nononononononono.

It should be free to everyone after completing their class storyline. After that much time input chances are they're already at least preferred anyways.

They're not going to do anything for free, even something as simple as resetting the initial instance of the game( where the main quest begins).

Offering to pay for it gives them incentive.

why not put it like a FP?

As far as I remember from what I played its all instanced areas, put a boster in it and maybe even HM or harder for groups to do...

It should be a weekly or montly with (or only) some kind of coms (class comms? reps or imps comms?) put a vendor, maybe a price to get the first quest and you are good to go, new game that scale with your level and lets you do anything you want.

Also, as far as I saw, one chapter doesn't affect other so new chapters to come (or hope for) probably wouldn't be influenced by the previous, it they are... just make it so your original story line stays as it is and the repeats you do are a different thing.

Also: please also lets us reset the planets side quests... they are just like the class ones (instanced) and they are as interesting as the class ones!!! (they could also net you some class/rep/imp comms...)

I don't think it's a bad idea, but implementing this diminishes the replayability of the game somewhat. I would imagine that offering different conversation paths was one way to encourage players to replay class stories and keep them playing (and paying) for longer. And this game does seem to have been designed to encourage alt-aholism so I wouldn't expect them to provide shortcuts in this regard.

On the other hand, it would be nice to be able to view a video of the cut scenes/choices you have played - a memento of your character's story and something to refresh your memory should you choose to restart a class quest on a new toon. IIRC, Dragon Age Origins automatically stored screenshots of pivotal story moments - this would be a similar thing but in video form. I don't know if the size of the files would make this impractical.

As long as it does not allow you to make differant choices. You made them already, you should have to live with them. No conversation ptions during cutscenes. They play out exactly as they did the first time. Bioware even said before launch that once you finish a conversation you can't go back and change your choices. This should hold true and never be changed.

I already broke that rule my 2 nd warior did the exact opposite as the first warior.

I don't think it's a bad idea, but implementing this diminishes the replayability of the game somewhat. I would imagine that offering different conversation paths was one way to encourage players to replay class stories and keep them playing (and paying) for longer. And this game does seem to have been designed to encourage alt-aholism so I wouldn't expect them to provide shortcuts in this regard.

On the other hand, it would be nice to be able to view a video of the cut scenes/choices you have played - a memento of your character's story and something to refresh your memory should you choose to restart a class quest on a new toon. IIRC, Dragon Age Origins automatically stored screenshots of pivotal story moments - this would be a similar thing but in video form. I don't know if the size of the files would make this impractical.

It doesn't diminish replay value. It encourages it. It makes it more accessible to more people. Thus causing the game to live longer.

You'd be a lunatic or have no life at all to level an identical alt just to do the same story again. Leveling is boring as hell. I don't want hear about how killing the same mobs over and over is fun. It's not. It's not hard, just boring, and after leveling several different characters, I want to avoid grinding as much as possible.

It my personal case, replaying the story would add life to the game, because I will not go through 50 levels of grinding just to replay the same story. It's boring.

Edited by Darthdaedric

I like to record my storylines with 3rd-party software, sort of like what you find on youtube. But in every case i've messed up, or there has been graphical glitches, so I've never successfully done an entire storyline. It'd be nice if Bioware provided an option to record your story automatically, but failing that, I'd be grateful to replay certain portions of my storyline (maybe on a planet by planet basis), by resetting.

As someone who took a pretty long break from the game and having left several toons half-way through their story lines, I can definitely get behind the idea of a reset.

I don't know if there's any reason to restrict rewards from a re-play of your class story. Think of all the other repeatable content that you can use to farm credits or affection or alignment points - like daily quests or flashpoints.

As much as I love the idea, the real prize would be to have regular additions and updates to your class story line, with heavy involvement of your companions. Give me a reason to revisit some of those planets i never finished exploring, or to dust off some of my less frequently used companions. And throw in some situations that requires multiple companions - have some interaction between them.

I tend to loose interest in my characters once they reach the end of their story lines and have only the inevitable gear treadmill to look forward to. Such is the nature of the MMO beast, I guess.

Enlightened attitude you have there. People who disagree with you are wrong!

Huh. The implication of your post is that, because you do think so, I'm wrong.

Quite the enlightened attitude you have there.

Works both ways.

Mindless mashing the same keys over and over and over at the same targets to slowly grind out xp isnt fun. It's a waste of time. It's there to be a time sink and it's not even a very good one. It's boring, and it detracts from the story.

how many times you even forgot what was the story, or even what you were doing while killing/wz/fp ??

being able to skip most of it would be nice! (most because you would focus on the quest ones)

and dont forget to bolster enemies in the instances so you could still get some challenge!

As someone who took a pretty long break from the game and having left several toons half-way through their story lines, I can definitely get behind the idea of a reset.

I don't know if there's any reason to restrict rewards from a re-play of your class story. Think of all the other repeatable content that you can use to farm credits or affection or alignment points - like daily quests or flashpoints.

As much as I love the idea, the real prize would be to have regular additions and updates to your class story line, with heavy involvement of your companions. Give me a reason to revisit some of those planets i never finished exploring, or to dust off some of my less frequently used companions. And throw in some situations that requires multiple companions - have some interaction between them.

I tend to loose interest in my characters once they reach the end of their story lines and have only the inevitable gear treadmill to look forward to. Such is the nature of the MMO beast, I guess.

Indeed, i took a long break from SWTOR aswell so i've forgotten most of my storyline.

Also the idea for multiple companion situations is nice

the trooper had one situation where you had to be with one and after one thing another and choose 2 to do something while one would be support for the team... epic moment :)

also... the quests, as I probably said some times, could be bolstered to your lvl and reward you with comms (maybe a new kind of comm: class comm or faction comm or something like that for trade for itens)

Edited by Capetoider

Coms, no coms, free, pay for it, scaling, not scaling, no matter how you do it, just do it.

That's said, have it scale, make it free for subscribers, and maybe it being a weekly or monthly or something for a decent amount of BH coms (for the whole thing, not for each act, like maybe if you do the whole thing, you could get like 20 BH coms) would be my preference.

I think it's a great idea! One thing they could let us do is let us re-play through the story in "hardmode", meaning that they make it so it say starts at Tionese-level difficulty then works its way through the end-game armor levels so that it does become more of a challenge.

Oh this, for sure. I know LotRO doesn't have the same conversation depth, or maybe conversation options at all now that I think of it, but you can go to these reflection pools and redo your epic quests, it's a pretty fun way to re-experience something without releveling a toon, a task which can be daunting enough that you might skip it altogether.

This would be great, especially if it allowed you to do different story options. Honestly it could be a pretty bit parallel to Mass Effect and how you can start a new game with your high level character.

I know it'd be a bit tricky with your character's class quests tied to companions, but I think we'd forgive a few flubs this would create (for example taking Khem Val to go get Khem Val).

This would be great, especially if it allowed you to do different story options. Honestly it could be a pretty bit parallel to Mass Effect and how you can start a new game with your high level character.

I know it'd be a bit tricky with your character's class quests tied to companions, but I think we'd forgive a few flubs this would create (for example taking Khem Val to go get Khem Val).

Ah, but it wouldn't.

Already in the game, during certain parts of different stories (Agent, Warrior, ect) You will find that you simply cannot summon that companion. They are "unavailable."

So there's the fix right there, if you need to fix it, just make it so you have to "Reacquire" the companions to use them again once you restart your storyline. That way you wouldn't lose their gear, you'd just lose access to them for a bit.

It'd really be quite easy to do actually.