Story Line Reset Option..

Berronaxftw

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want this implemented so much! I absolutely love my scoundrel but right at the end of his storyline i screwed up and made the wrong choice- ON ACCIDENT! so i would love it to be able reset the storyline. Hell i would even pay for it, but i would DEFINITELY want to make different choices in dialogue otherwise it would be pointless. not only that but what about people that came back after a long break and dont remember there toon at all?

Here's what i want from a story line reset-

reset storyline while staying lvl 50 (so we can keep our gear)

allow for all new dialogue choices (do NOT force us to use our old choices)

reset all companions dialogue (turn there affection back down to zero)

As long as it does not allow you to make differant choices. You made them already, you should have to live with them. No conversation ptions during cutscenes. They play out exactly as they did the first time. Bioware even said before launch that once you finish a conversation you can't go back and change your choices. This should hold true and never be changed.

YOU CAN, when you enter your class phase you can reset it by leaving it and "reset phase"... and then even when you finished the phase and left it already you can "reset mission" BEFORE you had it handed in.

in short: you can reset your class mission unless you've "reported back".

EDIT:

There is 2 resets:

1.) if you left your class phase , you rightclick on your avatar and select reset class phase.

2.) Once you left your class phase and the green barrier wents RED you open your mission window, select your class mission and at teh bottom you find this "reset" button... BUT this works only if you have "NOT" have handed thw mission in.

Edited by Prysha

I like this idea, but all I want to see are all the little cut scenes.. If I am going to do the conversations again, then just have them not effect light or darkside points or companion effection..

I am in different about doing all the quests again.. They would all have to be scaled to be lvl 50 or something..

I would also prefer to have a menu type thing where I could select the class missions by planet.. I would love to do the Voss missions again..

Over all.. I love this idea and give it my full support...

I've posted (and seen posted by others) the same idea multiple times and still think it is a fantastic idea. It is far too time consuming to level a whole new character to 50 through the story for that really be a viable option for someone who just wants to re-experience the class story. There are many many ways this could be implemented.

As for people who are against the idea because it might reset player choice, I have a few things of contention:

1) I think those players are generally missing the point about why people may want this. Its not about making other choices; its about seeing the story you've already gone through. Replaying the story could already either store and auto choose the choices you've already made, or if you make different choices it doesn't have to affect the "canon" story of your character (i.e. its like a what if scenario).

2) Even if it allowed people to change their choices, this really doesn't have any affect on other people's games. If you don't want to change your story, you wouldn't have to. Its really a personal choice and preference. Its the single-playerest part of this MMO.

3) I don't think the choices were all that amazing anyway. While I enjoy the story, I don't really feel like the character I've played are "my" characters as much as in games like Baldur's Gate or Dragon Age or even Mass Effect.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with this idea. I'd love a re-do on the class story whether it's the exact same thing in just a 're-playing video' mode. Or a re-roll option where I get to see the option of the "what if I said or did this..."

Whichever one of those options is done, I think it re-scaled for a lvl 50 is a great idea. [{MONTHLY} Class Story Hard Mode] mission could give us 20 BH comms or something similar.

If they wanted to be really creative they could give us an armor piece that we need. For example, you have all columi but one thing, so you get your un-assembled columi piece as a reward like you would have from a FP. Or if you have all columi, they give you one rakata. Once you have all Rakata or higher, it only gives you the 20 BH comms.

People who are big on solo content might love this idea.

I agree with this idea. I'd love a re-do on the class story whether it's the exact same thing in just a 're-playing video' mode. Or a re-roll option where I get to see the option of the "what if I said or did this..."

Whichever one of those options is done, I think it re-scaled for a lvl 50 is a great idea. [{MONTHLY} Class Story Hard Mode] mission could give us 20 BH comms or something similar.

If they wanted to be really creative they could give us an armor piece that we need. For example, you have all columi but one thing, so you get your un-assembled columi piece as a reward like you would have from a FP. Or if you have all columi, they give you one rakata. Once you have all Rakata or higher, it only gives you the 20 BH comms.

Yeah thats not a bad idea.

That's an awesome idea!!!! Perhaps the monthly could be done in a similar way the weeklies in daily areas are done. The different planets in our story are weeklies, so you don't have to do them all if you don't want to. BUT the monthly is received when you do all of them and perhaps it could be worth like 40BH comms and 50 Daily Comms, etcetera.

While I would like a Class Story Hard Mode, why couldn't I change major choices? That could be the reason some people do it, so they can see other options.

They may not do that because that would defeat the whole premise behind class stories, which was you had to make your choice and live with it. This is where SWTOR was supposed to be different to other Bioware games where you could save just before every big conversation and then replay them over and over again so you could get to see all the outcomes.

As long as it does not allow you to make differant choices. You made them already, you should have to live with them. No conversation ptions during cutscenes. They play out exactly as they did the first time. Bioware even said before launch that once you finish a conversation you can't go back and change your choices. This should hold true and never be changed.

You have no reason to care about what other people do. In any event, I doubt that they have a record of most conversations, only the ones that change the story.

They may not do that because that would defeat the whole premise behind class stories, which was you had to make your choice and live with it. This is where SWTOR was supposed to be different to other Bioware games where you could save just before every big conversation and then replay them over and over again so you could get to see all the outcomes.

Why do you care what other people do?

Why do you care what other people do?

Clearly you didn't really read what I said. I don't care what other people do. The point of my statement was that the game designers, if they did introduce a story reset option, many not allow us to make different conversation choices because that would take away one of the points behind the class stories which is basically living with the choice you made about that particular character.

I honestly don't recall any storyline choices that had a significant impact on anything. I believe they were designed exactly so that whichever option you chose (kill the guy, let him live whatever) was inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. Usually all you got was the alignment shift and a variable thank you letter. And of course the flavor dialogue.

There are no branching story arcs that I'm aware of, but there were a couple of good 'checks' in parts of the stories where certain companions would be aware of your choices or mention them at a later stage which made it a lot more personal. Again - just flavor.

I honestly don't recall any storyline choices that had a significant impact on anything. I believe they were designed exactly so that whichever option you chose (kill the guy, let him live whatever) was inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. Usually all you got was the alignment shift and a variable thank you letter. And of course the flavor dialogue.

There are no branching story arcs that I'm aware of, but there were a couple of good 'checks' in parts of the stories where certain companions would be aware of your choices or mention them at a later stage which made it a lot more personal. Again - just flavor.

true dat!

killing or not just make you a hero or a jerk and this also depends... not sure how far it influenciate talks with others in the progressions...

another thing I tough is to make hardmode planets!

the planets would be all for lvl 50 and it would be gear cheks along the way: origin world, capital and the 3º maybe for lvl 49-50 blue gear, and from there it would start requiring tionese, columi and so on...

• 2 weeks later...

/signed

However, I would have BW make it reeeeeeeeeaal simple-like, so, easy to implement = more chance of this being a reality.

What I mean is, just make any choices on your 2nd (and successive) storyline runs not have any impact whatsoever. Just make it superficial (as if it wasn't already... ;P ), so if you choose light or dark choices, or whatever, it would not give you more LS/DS points. Same with companion points: no effect.

It'd be ok if choices affect your current storyline run's "consequences" (like someone later on acknowledging that you killed or spared someone earlier). Do whatever. Your "original choices" are the ones that'll count. After all, you're just doing a 2nd superficial run with the single purpose to re-live the storyline.

Then there's the companions issue. I wouldn't mind simply having your companions "doubled" in conversations, or instances. Who cares? You're just there for the story. If you don't want to see 2 Corsos in the same room, dismiss your comp, problem solved.

Yes, you'd have your comps before you "get" them. But, so what? Again: We'd be there only to relive story bits.

I see no problem or difficulty on this being implemented.

Edited by MurQueL

• 1 month later...