did you buy the expansion? are you gonna buy it? do you want to wait?or never buy it?

LUCASCASADEIS

The greatest fear of most of us, i think (And if i am misrepresenting anyone's view, i apologize), is that this may lead to the end of the content update that has always been the heart of the subscription worth in the past. This new "Mini-expansion" fits the diameters of almost all content updates minus the level cap raise.

Will pazaak/swoopracing/minigames cost us an additional 10 bucks? Will open world pvp cost us more money? Will guild ships and guild content cost us 10 bucks? I think a lot of people see this as EA opening pandora's box.

Hit the nail on the head there, you did.

I think this is the big fear for a lot of subscribers, and the reason there's so much rage at the moment. I pre-ordered, but now I'm thinking that it had better be worth if or I walk away. I don't expect expansions for free, but I do expect updates and patches to be covered by my sub fee.

If Makeb turns out to be a glorified patch, then I think we can all conlcude where this game is heading.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hit the nail on the head there, you did.

I think this is the big fear for a lot of subscribers, and the reason there's so much rage at the moment. I pre-ordered, but now I'm thinking that it had better be worth if or I walk away. I don't expect expansions for free, but I do expect updates and patches to be covered by my sub fee.

If Makeb turns out to be a glorified patch, then I think we can all conlcude where this game is heading.

we will get more update. as you can see this expansion cost 8-10 months for make it

I wouldn't hesitate to buy it, if I had already reached max levels on any of the 8 classes. I haven't. As a result, the addition to F2P players is great. Then you reach Alderaan and beyond. At this point finding groups for the various Heroic quests is a royal pain in the neck. There's no way I'm going to spend money on content that the majority of community won't buy, and get stuck hoping I can finish any of it. Let alone 7 more times.

The greatest fear of most of us, i think (And if i am misrepresenting anyone's view, i apologize), is that this may lead to the end of the content update that has always been the heart of the subscription worth in the past. This new "Mini-expansion" fits the diameters of almost all content updates minus the level cap raise.

Will pazaak/swoopracing/minigames cost us an additional 10 bucks? Will open world pvp cost us more money? Will guild ships and guild content cost us 10 bucks? I think a lot of people see this as EA opening pandora's box.

QFT< I have hope now another who understands.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy it, if I had already reached max levels on any of the 8 classes. I haven't. As a result, the addition to F2P players is great. Then you reach Alderaan and beyond. At this point finding groups for the various Heroic quests is a royal pain in the neck. There's no way I'm going to spend money on content that the majority of community won't buy, and get stuck hoping I can finish any of it. Let alone 7 more times.

i didn't get what you said (english is not my first lenguage)

did you buy it or no?

I pre-ordered the expansion as soon as it came out and was excited about it.

I thought about waiting until it became available in the Cartel Market, but then on the FAQs it said, it wouldn't if you want to pre-order it and get the early access. Also even if it came out in the Cartel Market for $20 worth of coins for both subscriber and non-subscriber, I though that I can't wait for 4-5 months to play an expansion that will come out in 3 months since I have used most of my Cartel Coins already.

I can't wait to play the expansion =)

Edited by kamed
edit

we will get more update. as you can see this expansion cost 8-10 months for make it

I don't doubt that we will. But will we have to pay for them - that's the question I'm asking. In fact - with Makeb - are we already being asked to pay for one?

Look at the terms it's being described in: 'Digital Expansion'. That's just another way of saying 'content patch'. makes me uneasy, to say the least.

Only time will tell.

The issue is with worth, not cost.The expansion should actually add a decent amount of content and upgrades to justify the purchase. If this really is just a content patch that Bioware slapped a price tag on because they could, then it should not be supported simply off principle.

No one should give Bioware more money just because they asked for it. Doing so supports bad business practices and basically makes you one of those drone consumers that corporations love so much.

I'm more interested in value, as value is the determining factor for any purchase. The answer to "did you get what you paid for?" ulitmately factors in purchase price. In comparing the Hutt Cartel xpac's price to the price of a music CD as I did, their similar purchase values come from whether or not you enjoy it and how often you would go back to engage it.

A standard $10 CD plays through in its entirety in less than an hour and relies on replayability for its purchase value. If you like it you rip it to iTunes and add your faves to a song list. If not, you kick yourself for making the purchase and move on. No one thinks anything of those $10 being spent (or wasted) on something that only takes up a few minutes of their time. I doubt anyone who bought a music CD they eventually disdained ever went to the record company and griped that the music wasn't Beatles enough. They'd be tabbed as stupid and told to go download Beatle music.

A $10 MMO game expansion that plays through in its entirety in a few weeks also relies on its replayability for its purchase value. If you like it you repeat the aspects of the expansion you enjoy. If not, you kick yourself for the purchase and move on. With the added twist that griping to the developer that the game wasn't WoW enough seems to be the norm, concluding that MMO stupid merits acceptance.

If that makes me a drone (or whatever other name you're comfortable calling people who lack your perspective) then I'm quite comfortable being a drone.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Actually, I have no idea what I will do.

To be honest, the price tag isn't what I take into consideration, the expansion costs far less than a pizza delivered to my home anyway.

So I guess I will wait until May and decide then if I want to buy it or quit sw:tor, once it is released. (why May? F2P in Autumn 2012 was released in November, so Spring is May).

i didn't get what you said (english is not my first lenguage)

did you buy it or no?

No, I haven't yet. I'm really undecided. It's due to by the reach I reach the later levels finding groups for Heroics already in the game is a chore, I doubt it'll be much easier on a planet you have to buy to access.

Pre-ordered as soon as I heard about it. I will eat up each and every story content they release, whether labeled as an expansion or not. I'm really curious as to their story direction and its a chance to dust off a couple of my 50's that I haven't really played since April.

what are you gonna do?

did you buy the expansion?

or

are you gonna buy it?

or perhaps you want more info about it?

or you will never buy it?

i want to see what the people are going to do.

give me your coments :)

and if you want to know. i've already pre-ordered

Pre-pay to a company that just had to merge hundreds of servers down to what, 10?

lol, no, they may close before the release.

nope. Canselled sub and going F2P. No point for me to stay subbed when i cant use CC to buy content. I dont PvP or do OP´s. I mainly play story and some FP. Mainly storymode FP since level 50 FP seems to be more about skipping mobs that actually completing the FP. I might have to delete a few level 50´s but whatever.

For me the decision to not put the socalled expansion on cartel market was the thing that made me unsub. If the game had been perfect with no lagg and few bugs and zero ability delay, then i might have stayed subbed. No game is perfect and i can deal with some flaws. I was willing to give F2P a chance and stayed subcribed even if i had a bad feeling about it. I just have to draw the line somewhere, and this is it for me.