did you buy the expansion? are you gonna buy it? do you want to wait?or never buy it?

LUCASCASADEIS

sigh, again its not about the money, and I can hardly call it expansion.

cant you see that all we want is a better game? paying like a sheep for some cheap content isnt gonna do much for this game's future.

is it so hard to realize?

I enjoy the game, if you don't that's fine.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was skeptic at first, but wheni read the post that were getting new abilities and extended talent trees i was sold. Its pre-ordered (also was pre-ordered before me by my partner, so thats 2 in this household pre-ordered already).

See you in Makeb! :D

Here is how I view things. Is Bioware going to try to deceive their player base in some way with this expansion? I think the answer is no. I think most of there problems with swtor, is it was their first mmo. Will EA try to deceive us in some form, I think thats a obvious yes.

This being said its a pointless debate. Watch and see, they will NOT release any info on this new expansion until after the 7th. This way we are damned price wise if we wait for info, and if its only a planet and some leveling/content they will have made a buck off a poor expansion. I do hope, that I am truly wrong about this, and they tell us something good about this new expansion.

What I mean by good is not the story, not the missions, not the look of the planet, but rather main aspects. Meaning is the new space they have been working on going to be with this expansion? Or are they adding some real sandbox aspects with this expansion? Are they adding dye kits with this expansion? Are they going to allow us to put hood up or down with this expansion? Are they going to give us loads of custom armor, that looks star wars, and not world of warcraft look. I am tired of non substance information, I want hard facts about important stuff that the people have been talking and asking for on these forums for a long time now.

I am on the fence, My wife wants me to and my son informed me he will not longer be playing,once his sub runs out.

As for why I am on the fence. EA/BioWare lack of principles.

The "largest content patch every"...is now expansion

My "new ability's" are ability's current In-game NPC's have.

don't really see F2P players making the purchase, when they would then have to pay extra for end game content.

So I will wait and see. But it doesn't look good.

You naturally have proof of this right?

I was skeptic at first, but wheni read the post that were getting new abilities and extended talent trees i was sold. Its pre-ordered (also was pre-ordered before me by my partner, so thats 2 in this household pre-ordered already).

See you in Makeb! :D

Sadly it's only one "new ability." But if you want to see what it looks like go Section:X Most of the elites are currently using them.:eek:

Sadly it's only one "new ability." But if you want to see what it looks like go Section:X Most of the elites are currently using them.:eek:

Privvy to insider infromation? :D

We'll see. Talents and abilities are different things. I have 7 of the 8 advanced classes so theres plenty for me to check out. Also if you consider different specs it might be more than what you're thinking.

So glad you asked, Yes I do

Go to the :40 mark. Then take a quick ride to Section:X. Most of the Elites are currenly using them.:eek:

you're really using a launch video from June as your proof?

Really?

was expecting iron clad evidence that a lvl 55 would be using it, saw nothing close.

admit it, you don't know anything.

Privvy to insider infromation? :D

We'll see. Talents and abilities are different things. I have 7 of the 8 advanced classes so theres plenty for me to check out. Also if you consider different specs it might be more than what you're thinking.

Go to the :40 mark. Dev's already said it was 5 new talents...one "new ability".

We know you're all very interested to hear about how the new level cap is going to affect your class, and I wanted to share a little information about the upcoming changes with you. As part of the new content, every skill tree will be expanding and you can expect significant updates. Players will earn a new skill point with each level, and new skills will be available in each skill tree. Additionally, a new active ability will be introduced for each Advanced Class. We'll have more details about many aspects of Rise of the Hutt Cartel as we approach launch, so keep your eyes on the website and dev tracker!

you're really using a launch video from June as your proof?

Really?

was expecting iron clad evidence that a lvl 55 would be using it, saw nothing close.

admit it, you don't know anything.

I guess you missed where they said new ability.:rolleyes:

This actually makes me more interested in the expansion. New skill points opens up a ton of options. If it is one ability that sounds like something for the base class/AC rather than deep in any one tree. Kind of scary for balance though.

Go to the :40 mark. Dev's already said it was 5 new talents...one "new ability".

Then thats one ability for talent tree wich is 3 per class... plus one common to the advanced class. 4 total.

Or do you think the 5 talents will be spread throoughout the 3 trees. Makes no sense as one of them would have an odd number.

Stop hating. ^^

Edited by Nemmar

I guess you missed where they said new ability.:rolleyes:

and you have yet to show even ONE shred of proof of what said ability is. Where in that video does it say that is the ability i get? You show a random power at one point of a months old trailer and call that proof.:rolleyes:

more speculation and ZERO evidence

Then thats one ability for talent tree wich is 3 per class...

Or do you think the 5 talents will be spread throoughout the 3 trees. Makes no sense as one of them would have an odd number.

Stop hating. ^^

We know you're all very interested to hear about how the new level cap is going to affect your class, and I wanted to share a little information about the upcoming changes with you. As part of the new content, every skill tree will be expanding and you can expect significant updates. Players will earn a new skill point with each level, and new skills will be available in each skill tree. Additionally, a new active ability will be introduced for each Advanced Class. We'll have more details about many aspects of Rise of the Hutt Cartel as we approach launch, so keep your eyes on the website and dev tracker!

I know I'm hating.;)

and you have yet to show even ONE shred of proof of what said ability is. Where in that video does it say that is the ability i get? You show a random power at one point of a months old trailer and call that proof.:rolleyes:

more speculation and ZERO evidence

Please...you are not doing our fellow gamer's any good by being this obtuse.

Edited by Taorus

I know I'm hating.;)

and where in that quote does it say ANYWHERE what those abilities are?

Hmmm wait that would be nowhere.

Maybe it mentions what class gets them?

No....

Maybe it shows in that video both sides using all the powers among all the classes?

No....

You do know the difference between skills and ability's?

Ah i see. Used to WoW terminology.

Well, then now what the other poster is saying makes sense. We dont know what those talents/skills are yet. They can contain one talented ability.

Edited by Nemmar

Ah i see. Used to WoW terminology.

Well, then now what the other poster is saying makes sense. We dont know what those talents/skills are yet. They can contain one talented anility.

But the post from Allyson clearly states we are getting only one new active ability...yes per AC. Brother, I truly am not hating I am angry and saddened that a game I do love is being cheapened instead of improved.